Percy Jackson's Sister

By demigodreams

Hey, Cassidy here. I'm sure you've heard ALL about Percy's adventures but what you didn't hear is that he did... More

Why?
Presenting the future: Rainbow Calling
Deadly Camp? I'm in.
Tin Can Attack!!
Cool cabin, bit spacious don't you think?
Cover your eyes and play those funky tunes!
First Horses, Now Snakes? Just Pass the Soda.
I Swear the Fish Horse Won't Bite
Cruise Ship in Need of Febreeze
So, No One Else is Gonna Bring Up Dogzilla? Okay.
Eavesdropping 101: Get a Cyclops
A Small Explosion Goes a Long Way
Skipping Stones is Overrated, Try Boats!
Who Knew Donuts Could be Scary?
Off With it's Head(s)!
Zombie Ship to the Rescue
Trying to Kill You was an Accident, I Swear
I Prefer the Monster Cruise to This Ship
Don't Yell at Carrisa
Brain Freeze on a New Level
Anything but the Giant Tiolet, Please
Take a Deep Breath, Just Without Oxegyn
Take the Metal Out of Your Brother
A Prophecy? No thanks.
Clipboard Lady to the Rescue
Paradise is Kind of Rude
I Get a Makeover
I am NOT Related to a Rodent
So Many Ships, So Little Time
Let's not Focus on Mortal Parents
Why Does Everyone Want to Kill Me?
This Song Will be the Death of You
One Sided Conversation, As Always
Death Sheep, Not Cool
Just A Bride Switch Up, No Biggy
Sheep Taxi, Still Better Than Regular Taxi
Nobody to The Rescue?
Nevermind, The Rope Bridge Isn't Any Better
Dude, You're Glowing
Could You Please Throw Something Other Than Rocks?
Miami Holds Unpleasent Surprises
Someone Gets Fired
All Weapons, No Donuts
NOW It's a Party
Dude! Watch Out for That Paintball, Dude!
I Have a New Love for Half Horse People
Finally, Home.
Making New Friends is Easier at Camp
Finally, Some Good News
I Get a Sword Upgrade
Goodbye Brother, For Now
No Longer a Tree
An Old Friend
A/N

The Lava Wall is Right Next to the Pegasi, You Can't Miss It!

4.3K 120 43
By demigodreams

       We made our way towards the Big House.

"What's so special about that tree?" I asked. I was waking next to Percy and Tyson with Annabeth a but ahead, we could all tell it was best to give her some space.

"Awhile ago," Percy started, "three demigods, Luke, Thalia and..." He glanced forward. "And Annabeth, were surviving on their own. Luke, son of Hermes, being the oldest kind of took charge of their small group. Thalia, daughter of Zeus, was really close to Annabeth, daughter of Athena. Sorry, do you know the gods?"

"Some." I said. "Those sound pretty familiar."

"Alright, well," he continued, "they were all doing their best, living alone, roaming the country, but three demigods traveling together was bound to attract major monster problems, especially traveling with a daughter of Zeus, on of The Big Three."

"The Big Three?"

"Yeah, Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon. Anyway, one day a satyr named Grover Underwood, one of my best friends, found them and did his best to lead them to camp. He was only a kid though, just like them. They were captured by monsters and somehow managed to escape, but not safely. They were chased all the way to camp boundaries and as Thalia told Luke and Annabeth to get safely to camp, she did her best fending off monsters. She wasn't strong enough though, as she lay dying her father turned her into a tree which created a boundary around the camp to keep out monsters and evil dudes and stuff like that. As Annabeth said, anyone who isn't a god or demigod has to be let in by a camper, and of course we wouldn't voluntarily let in monsters. And that tree," he pointed to the poisoned one, "that would be Thalia's tree."

"What happened to Luke and Grover?" I had no idea who Grover was but a lump grew in my throat as Percy spoke of Thalia and Luke. They couldn't possibly the same ones, there was no way. Thalia couldn't be dead, she seemed tough as nails. It couldn't possibly be her. But a small voice in my head told me that there was the slightest possibility that it was her.

"Grover's in trouble, I think." Percy's expression became even more worried and confused. "I've been having these weird dreams. As for Luke, he went to work for Kronos, the evil titan lord who ate his children, the gods."

"Seems kinda harsh," I said. "Was Luke this sandy haired guy, blue eyes?"

Percy furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I just... guessing." I know, really smart answer. I just didn't know what else to say. I wasn't truly sure i could trust these people yet. Also, if we were talking about the same Luke, I didn't want him to think that I also worked for evil cannibal man.

"Oh." I could tell he didn't buy it, but he also knew not to prod for more information. Smart kid.

"Anything weird happened lately?" He asked, I suspected to have a change in subject. "Maybe give us a hint as to who your godly parent is?"

I told him about the bush healing my ankle.

"I thought you said your mom was mortal?" he asked.

"Extremely mortal." I responded.

   "That's weird. Bushes and trees and anything nature really, usually take a liking to Demeter's kids. Maybe there was a dryad there who thought you were worth helping."

   "Wastha!" Tyson said, pointing east.

   "Stables for our pegasi," Percy answered. "Horses with wings."

   "Y'all have actual real pegasi?" I asked.

   "Yeah we use them to train and-"

   "Wastha?" Tyson interrupted.

   "Uh, those are toilets," Percy said.

   "Wastha?" Tyson asked again.

   "Yeah what are those things?" I couldn't help but also take an interest. There were about a dozen odd buildings in a sort of u shape, none of them looked alike and they were all busy and full of kids.

   "Those are the cabins," Percy answered. "It's where the campers stay while they're here. Most of us are just here in the summer but some stay year round because they have nowhere else to call home. Each cabin represents an Olympian, and you are put into the cabin of your godly parent. If we don't know who your parent is we put you in Hermes cabin along with all the other undetermined."

    "Doesn't it get a little crowded?"

"Yeah it does," Percy shrugged. "But what can you do about it? It's not like you can force the gods to claim you, they're kind of just MIA until they feel like not wanting to anymore."

"You-" Tyson looked at Percy with awe. "You have cabin?"

"Yeah," Percy said. "Cabin Three, Posiedon, right over there."

He pointed to a silver building with waves etched on the walls and a trident on either side of the door.

   "You live with friends in the cabin?" Tyson asked.

  "Well, no," Percy said.

    "How come?" I asked.

    He looked a little uneasy. "After World War II, the Big Three made a pact to not have kids. They agreed they were way too powerful and could get out of hand. Obviously that pact wasn't kept because here I am, Thalia was another example. It's only been broken those times though, so we're not too much trouble."

   "Huh, seems like the gods aren't really good at keeping promises." We walked in silence after that, which was good because I didn't feel like talking much. I thought about what my mom would say about this, probably think it's crazy and that I was just making it up. Just another one of my stories, she would say. Probably tease how my best friend helped me make it up.

   I felt a pang of nostalgia. I missed my past, when i was five, six years old and my biggest worry is that i had just made my best friends scar worse. I had cut into my own hand to make him feel better but both our moms agreed that was a stupid thing to do. I never did play camp with him again. I wonder where they were, if they still remembered little Cassidy Malloy and he hard working mother, Faith.

    We arrived at the Big House and walked inside. Chiron was still there, listening to old people music. He seemed to be still packing and from the looks of it, he wasn't too happy he was leaving.

   Tyson laid eyes on him and immediately exclaimed, "Pony!!"

   Chiron turned to face us and looked slightly offended, "I beg your pardon?"

   Annabeth ran up to him and hugged him. He looked so relieved to see her that I could almost believe this was his own daughter.

    "Chiron, what's happening?" Annabeth demanded. "You're not...leaving?" Her voice became shaky, as if her life depended on him staying.

    "Hello, child." Chiron said grimly. He turned to face where Percy, Tyson and I were awkwardly standing. "And Percy, my goodness you've grown. Cassidy," his voice became more stern as if I were the odd man out in this happy reunion. "I presume you didn't get the welcome you were expecting."

   "We heard you were... that you were... leaving." Percy made it sound more like a question, as if he couldn't even believe the words coming out of his mouth.

   "Fired." Chiron said simply. I couldn't believe he had gotten fired. Sure, I'd just met the guy, but he seemed like a great teacher and camp director. No one in their right mind would fire someone like him.

   "Ah, well," Chiron continued, "someone had to take the blame. Lord Zeus was most upset. The tree he'd created from the spirit of his daughter, poisoned! Mr.D had to punish someone."

   "Besides himself, you mean." Percy sounded angry. Whoever Mr.D was, I sensed he wasn't too fond of him.

   "But this is crazy!" Annabeth exclaimed, as tears began to well up in her eyes. "Chiron, you couldn't have had anything to do with the poisoning of Thalia's tree!"

   Chiron sighed. "Yet Olympus still does not trust me, especially given the circumstances."

   "Circumstances?" Percy and I said at the same time.

   Chiron took awhile to think, maybe contemplating his answer. Tyson approached him sadly, with his arm outstretched as if to pet him. "Pony?" he said again.

   Chiron gave an exasperated look at Tyson. "My dear young cyclops, I am a centaur."

    "Chiron." Percy said, drawing his attention back to more important matters, "the tree?"

    "The poison used on Thalia's tree," he shook his head sadly and sighed, "it's something from the Underworld. Some venom even I have never seen. Perhaps from a monster deep from the pits of Tartarus."

   I stifled a laugh, knowing this was a serious matter, I couldn't burst out laughing at pits.

    "That clears it up then!" Percy said. "It was Kro-"

    "Do not invoke the Titan Lord's name, Percy." Chiron interrupted. "Not the time or the place for it."

"Chiron, don't you remember last summer?" Percy sounded exasperated as if the answer were obvious but he was the only one who saw it. "He tried causing civil war on Olympus! This had to be his doing. I bet he got Luke to do it, that traitor."

I was surprised to find that I was about to speak up in defense. I hadn't seen that guy in years and I didn't even know if it was actually him. It is, a voice whisper led in my head. Oh you know for sure it is.

"Perhaps," Chiron sighed. "But i fear it is I who is being held responsible, not only did I not prevent this from happening, but I have no way of curing it. The tree can only live a few more weeks unless..."

"Unless...what?" Annabeth asked.

"No." Chiron said, more to himself than to us. "A foolish thought. The whole valley is feeling the shock of the poison. The magical borders, you can practically feeling them weakening, deteriorating. Only one source of magic would be strong enough to reverse this evil. Alas, that was lost centuries ago."

"What is it?" Percy asked, eager to find a way to fix this. "Tell us, we'll find it."

Chiron closed his bag with all his belongings. He stopped the music and clopped straight over to Percy, looking him directly in the eyes. "Percy, you must promise me that you will not act rashly. I told Sally I did not want you here at all this summer, much to dangerous. But now that you are here, stay here. Learn to fight. Train, child. But, please, do not leave."

"Why?" Percy sounded a bit annoyed that the centaur was trying to keep him safe. "I want to do something, Chiron. I want to help! I can't just let the borders fail. The camp could be-"

"Overrun by monsters?" Chiron finished for him. "Yes, I fear so. However, you must not take the bait, this is the exact impulsive action they want you to take, Percy. This could be a trap of the titan lord himself, last summer he almost had your life, don't forget."

    I had never been so lost in my life. All these names, all these things that were happening that shouldn't have been possible but apparently were possible. All these secrets that everyone knew about except me, how all this could very possibly tie back to my childhood, it was too much to take in. I felt myself getting a little lightheaded and stumbled back a bit. Percy quickly caught my arm and turned to look at me with a worried expression.

   "Hey, you okay?" He asked.

  "Totally," I said standing upright again, "just got to a death camp with a half horse man and magic bushes, everyday thing right?"

   A smile tugged at Percy's lips. "Yeah, you couldn't ask for a more normal day."

   Chiron was wiping a tear from Annabeth's cheek. "Keep him safe," he was saying, and I knew he meant Percy.
"Stay with him, remember the prophecy."

   "I-" Annabeth looked like she wanted to protest but thought better of it. "I will."

    Percy looked uncomfortable. "Um..." he said. "Would this be the super dangerous prophecy that has me in it, but the gods have forbidden you to tell me about?"

   Nobody offered an answer.

  "Right." He said awkwardly. "Just checking."

"Chrion..." Annabeth looked like she was trying really hard to hold back the rest of her tears. "The gods made you immortal so you could train kids for eternity, if they dismiss you from camp.."

I followed Annabeth's train of thought. If Chiron was no longer needed to train heroes, is it possible he would die off?

"Swear you will do best to keep Percy out of trouble." Chiron said, avoiding her question. "Swear it on the Styx."

"I- I swear it upon the River Styx." Annabeth said, defeated.

I thought I heard thunder rumble outside but that was impossible, there was a clear blue sky.

"Very well." Chiron seemed satisfied that he was leaving behind a responsible thirteen year old to take care of an irresponsible thirteen year old and a cyclops. "Perhaps my name will be cleared, given time. Until then, I shall return with my brethren in the wilderness. Perhaps they know of some healing methods I may have forgotten. I will stay in exile until this problem is resolved... if it is resolved."

Annabeth choked back a sob. Chiron awkwardly patted Annabeth's shoulder. "Now, now, child. I must entrust your safety to Mr.D and your new activities director. Perhaps they take better care of the camp, or perhaps my worst fears will become reality."

"Who is this Tantalus guy, anyway?" Percy demanded. "Where does he get off taking your job?"

There was a loud noise outside, a conch horn? This camp was pretty old fashioned if they still used that as a bell.

"Go." Chiron said. "You will meet him at the dining pavilion. I will contact your mother, Percy, I presume she knows that you are here if you haven't come home by now. Now don't forget, no rash decisions. Don't think for a second the titan lord hs forgotten you."

He turned to me. "And you, child. I am not sure of your parentage, but your arrival in these dire times cannot be of good omen. Please stay close to these two, they're good company to have."

And with that he clopped out the door leaving Tyson saying, "Pony! Don't go!"

He cried almost as bad as Annabeth. Percy patted Tyson's back, as far as he could reach at least, "Hey, it's okay, big guy. No need to cry."

I approached Annabeth who had stayed on the floor. "He'll come back." I said. "This camp need him, as much as he needs you guys."

I had never been good with people, but it seemed to work. Annabeth wiped her tears and tried her best for a forced smile. "Thanks," she said. "We better get to dinner."

We both got up from the floor and the door flung open. Travis stood there scanning the room until his eyes found me.

"Cas!" He exclaimed. "Thank the gods, I thought we'd scared you off already, and you haven't even tried out the lava wall yet! Come on, I'll get you settled in Cabin 11 before dinner."

I looked at Percy and he nodded, encouraging me to go with Travis. I nodded towards Annabeth and she smiled. We left the Big House and I couldn't help wonder if maybe they could be one of my half siblings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 754 53
||HIGHEST RANK: #1 in KaneChronicles|| ||#20 in HeroesOfOlympus|| ||PJO Watty Award Winner|| This is a Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles/Magnus Chase F...
59.8K 2.1K 55
If you haven't read my first book, you should probably go do that before reading this one. Cassidy Malloy in the Titan's Curse. What else can I say? ...
395K 8.3K 67
Everyone at Camp Half blood and Camp Jupiter believe Leo is dead. However, Leo is very much alive. He just reunited with Calypso, the most beautiful...
80.6K 2.3K 42
she shouldn't be here. she really, really shouldn't be here. but when a goddess saves your life and asks for something in return, you can't really d...