Changes (Paramore Fanfiction)

By lovedietoomanytimes

A rock band called Paramore had lost their lead singer, Nichole, during a terrible accident. So, four left ba... More

Chapter Two : I Caught Myself

Chapter One : Anklebiters

216 4 0
By lovedietoomanytimes

***Hayley's POV***

"Hey nerdy, I got a B !"

Seemed like a friend of mine, Elle, called me from the back of the class. 

"Wow, that is good."

I replied.

"Well, I am super proud of myself right now because, you know, the highest that I have ever got before is a C+. I worked really hard for this one although this is just a monthly test. But, I guess you are not amazed at all-- duh."

She put a really happy expression on her face at first but then she changed it into a duck face while saying that.

"No, no. That is pretty excellent. You did really good, my dearest Elle. I am so proud of you. Definitely."

I hugged her with love. She smiled when I say how proud I was with her. That really made my heart touched. After we realized that almost the whole class were watching us hugging, we released our arms awkwardly. It was kind of embarrassing. I just hoped they did not think that we were lesbians because lots of people did. You know, high school had like a ton of paparazzi's. I was afraid if they spread a total rumor. That would be the worst thing ever that could happen in my entire life. 

"Umm, by the way, I just do not know why but I've been wondering if I should give you a challenge, a really challenging challenge. If that is really a thing but whatever."

"Try me."

"Okay, you're ready ?"

"Yes, sir. Definitely."

I put my right hand near my forehead and stood up straight - like a soldier that was ready to accept a new duty.

"How about you try not to get straight A's for the mid-term test soon ? I will salute you, totally, but only, if you get at least a B+ for one of the papers."

Was it just me or this was a very, absolutely ridiculous task ?

"Stop messing around with me!"

I am starting to do a fitful expression on my white-pale face.

"This is a really enormous mission for you, only for you, agent Hayley Williams."

At first, I thought this was just a pretty stupid little joke but Elle seemed really serious. Plus, she used the Totally Spies thingy with me. 

"You are making my anxiety level even worse. I am not kidding."

"If you are not kidding then I am the one that is kidding. Hahaha, relax, cutey little Hbomb. Don't take it too serious."

She laughed hysterically while correcting the position of my glasses.

"Oh my Lord. Stop playing around with me, young lady."

I pinched her fluffy cheeks slowly and put a not-too furious expression on my face.

-

Elle and I, as usual, walked together to go home. Sometimes, other people said that we are twins and some say we were dating because we did almost every single thing together. But for me, that was a good thing - not the dating part, obviously. I meant was the twins part because that is the meaning of friendship. True friend will be with you in every kind of situations, when you are at the top and even at the bottom.

While we were walking at the sidewalk, a group of Malibu Barbie's and Ken's walked towards Elle and I. Like in every other stories, it was definitely normal to have groups of wealthy-hot girl and guy, that always thought that they were the most perfect creatures in the entire universe.

Once, I felt like hanging out with like one of the cool guys. You know, the type I am talking about : the always- charming dudes with six-packs, who were basically inhuman. Them. And I was pretty sure many of the girls in every school felt the same way. But when I thought carefully, I was completely wrong. They did not even notice my existence and they were a bunch of hellish devils. The thing that I hated the most was when they point a finger while they were the one that make mistakes and everyone would not believe what us, the innocents, ever said. Just accept your imperfections. It was not that complicated, I suppose. Well, sometimes, it was but try to think back, if me, a weak one, could accept everything with an open heart, why could not they accept it ? Ughh.

Before I tell much further, I would like to introduce some of the 'animals' that were reaching us a.k.a. the coolest senior kids in the entire school.

The first one was Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson or better known as Emma. She was also the diva in the school. Almost every teachers were afraid of her because if they scold her and make her feel like rubbish, she would complain it to her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Watson, one of the richest couples in the district and they would not hesitate to sue the people that hurt their beloved daughter. But in fact, their daughter was the one that always hurt and bullied other students including me. Back to the topic of teachers, majority of the male teachers also found Emma is attractive. I could not deny that she was attractive, to be honest. Even the married ones also sometimes tried to flirt with her. But seriously, who wants to have just pretty face ? She was like a rotten banana with bedazzled skin. 

There is no twist in this story where you can guess that Emma must be dating the hottest guy in the school. Of course. The poor yet stupid guy was Logan Lerman. Honestly, he was the guy that I had been crushing on. I was not saying that I was as hot as Emma but come one, everyone had their own crushes especially in high school. Three reasons why he is the hottest guy in the school : he was hot, he was hot and he was hot.

So, Emma had two other hot best friends or maybe I can call them slaves. Of course, they needed to be hot. What do you think she would be willing to be friends with weirdos ? Oh, please. Let me warn you, she will not, ever, forever. Trust me, that was the only thing you needed to be friends with a school's diva. Wait, actually that was not the only thing, you needed two more conditions. You needed to be patient and evil at the same time. Be patient with Emma's behaviour and evil enough to prank and bully people. Those were big tasks. But it was your own choice. Basically, they were Taissa and Quinn. Their full names were Taissa Farmiga and Quinn Shephard. Two lady-slaves for the one and only Emma Watson. Here is my advice, do not ever waste your time on people that will not appreciate you. Just because of popularity, you are willing to give your heart to someone else that does not know how to take care of it. I did not know about them but if me, I would commit suicide. Or maybe I was just jealous of them ? I did not even know. Whatever. 

On the other side, Asa, Max, Brenton and Ansel were Logan's close friends. As you can see, Logan made friends better than his girlfriend, Emma.

Let me begin with the short introduction for Asa. His born name was super freaking long. It was Asa Maxwell Thornton Farr Butterfield but he was comfortable with Asa Bopp Butterfield when people asked what was his full name. How did I know that ? I was a stalker.

So, next one was Max. You might see his name was so simple - Max. But his real, full name was Maximillion Drake Theriot. Oh Gosh, how complicated was that, right ? Max was a little bit more like a kid. He did act like he was a 10-year old elementary school-boy. He was so immature. I guess he was more comfortable acting that way. But he was a genius and a math-geek.

Brenton was way different than Max. Brenton Thwaites. That was his name. He may be different than his friend but he had a chemistry with Ansel. They were both the professional pranksters. Well, that was not a good thing because we were the victims. If I was not mistaken, Ansel's last name was Elgort. So that meant, his name was Ansel Elgort.

"Hello, fellow ladies."

Emma greeted us sweetly. That was actually pretty weird. There must something else than we ever expected. She then ran her fingers through Elle's hair and immediately put both of her arms on Elle's shoulders.

"May we have a private conversation with you, ummm..."

"Elle. It is Elle Fanning."

I cut her sentence. Of course she did not know Elle's name. I could say by her face expression and her stuttering sentence.

"Yes, I guess that is okay."

Elle responded.

Oh my Lord, I could not believe what I just heard. Elle agreed ?!! What was she doing ? They might had an evil plan for her and Elle was making it worked. Dang it.

They went behind a tree near a bungalow at the neighbourhood. Whispering in Elle's left-ear. After they finished with the conversation, I mean a private one. Elle seemed clueless and her face showed that she was feeling guilty. I could tell. Then, Elle reached me and held my hands and walked away from them. Now, I was the one that was curious. I had no idea what they were talking about. Elle walked really fast or maybe I could call it running.

"Why, Elle ?? What did they tell you ??"

I asked while breathing heavily.

"Nothing."

Okay, she only answered that. There must be something wrong. And we finally reached my home which was nearer from the school then Elle's. But it was way faster than usual because we were running. I was currently exhausted.

"Bye, Hayley !!"

She waved and ran very quickly. I just could not understand what was going on right now. And at the same time, I thought Elle should be the school number one's sprinter. She was as fast as lightning. No kidding.

"Bye-bye."

What was going on ? What did they say to Elle ? Was it  something that had disturb Elle's emotions ? Or they told something untrue and bad about me to Elle ? Oh Gosh. My head kept questioning a lot of stuff that I could never answer unless if Elle would tell me. But I believed, she did not want to share it with me. Hmmm... I hoped it was not a really big deal.

As I was trying to solve the problem alone, it started to rain. What more could I do than got inside the house ? That was the one and only option since I was at the mailbox which was placed right in front of my dwelling. Oh home sweet home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 2.7K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
549K 17.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
166K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
177K 9.6K 44
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...