Rebel High

By RebelsDarkness

Living the high life wasn't all fun and games. With were Empires that took decades to build could fall in sec... More

Note!!
Lesson One
Lesson Two
Lesson Three
Lesson Four
Lesson Five
Lesson Six
Lesson Seven
Lesson Eight
Lesson Nine
Lesson Ten
Lesson Eleven
Lesson Twelve
Lesson Thirteen
Lesson Fourteen
Lesson Fifteen
Lesson Sixteen
Lesson Seventeen
Lesson Eighteen
Lesson Nineteen
Lesson Twenty
Lesson Twenty-One
Lesson Twenty-Two
Lesson Twenty-Three
Lesson Twenty-Four
Lesson Twenty-Five
Lesson Twenty-Six
Lesson Twenty-Seven
Lesson Twenty-Eight
Lesson Twenty-Nine
Lesson Thirty
Lesson Thirty-One
Lesson Thirty-Two
Lesson Thirty-Three
Lesson Thirty-Four
Lesson Thirty-Five
Lesson Thirty-Six
Lesson Thirty-Seven
Lesson Thirty-Eight
Lesson Thirty-Nine
Lesson Forty
Lesson Forty-One
Lesson Forty-Two
Lesson Forty-Three
Lesson Forty-Four
Lesson Forty-Five
Lesson Forty-Six
Lesson Forty-Seven
Book 2!!! Please read
Second Book!!

Lesson Forty-Eight

14.5K 416 119
By RebelsDarkness

Lesson Forty-Eight - If You Want It, Go Get It.

"I need you do to me a favour Princess."

Looking up a my wooden bedroom door that had been closed only mere seconds ago, stood Riker like he owned the place. I often wondered if he had his own house to go to because he sure as hell spent enough time in mine to think that he didn't. There wasn't any reason for him to be here either. Damon had left a week ago after the whole situation with Nisha Brookes. I knew my brother though he would take this time to wrap his head around everything before coming back. He just needed time and I didn't blame him. Not everyone was like me. Sometimes I didn't even know how I took everything so calmly.

"Ok two things." I said holding my fingers at him from my bed. "One, do you ever go home? And two what the fuck do you want now. I've done shit loads for you lately already."

That didn't stop him though he walked in closing my door making me narrow my eyes at him. He sat down on the edge of my bed never taking his eyes off him. I could see the black lines of him tattoos through his white top under the dull lighting of my room.

"I'm leaving for London for a while with my parents and I need you to keep an eye out for the guys. With me leaving and Damon gone I need someone here that I can trust. Zane's guys also came to me not that long ago about what do next. Zane's has left to fuck knows where and no one has heard from him in a week. My brother Ace will still be here in control of them but I know he won't tell me what is actually going on or what he's doing. So I need you to watch them for me. I need you to be my eyes and ears of this City, Lyra."

Judging from the look on his face he was serious in what he was saying and I didn't know how to react. For the first time in my life I was speechless. Nothing had caught me off guard as much as he had right now. From being kidnapped to finding out about my mother, nothing had thrown me of the track as much as Riker did right now in this moment.

It took me a few moments but I finally got my thoughts under control. If he noticed my silence he didn't say anything to show it.

"Why you leaving?"

His infamous smirk crossed his handsome features and I couldn't help roll my eyes. "Why will you miss me Princess?"

"And there we go." I said giving him a pointed look. "No I want to know why your all leaving and letting your idiot of a brother be in charge."

He shifted slightly so that he was sitting more comfortable on my bed. I watched his every moment making sure to pay attention to every detail. There was something about him that just made me want to sit up and take note. I didn't know if it was his looks, personality or just this whole vibe he had about himself.

"I need to get something sorted out. If we have a war coming our way I want to be prepared."

"This war could be years away. There's no sign that Nisha will be back anytime soon."

He gave me a smile, a proper smile. I never thought he could be anymore handsome than he did but in that moment he just topped it all. With that smile his cold exterior of a future Mafia leader was gone. He looked like a normal seventeen year that was asking me for a favour. Sometimes I forgot that we were just kids. More importantly I forgot that he was just a teenager as well.

Looking at him properly I could see the faint scars that sometimes ran along in tattoos. It made them imperfect but that's what made him look perfect. Watching carefully I could see his muscles relax more and more by the second something that I could see didn't happen that often. He felt safe in here with me and that made me wonder just how many times had he truly let his guard down in life. His eyes told me far more than I needed to know, he might be seventeen but he had seen more and experienced more than most people would in there life time.

"You're creeping me out with that look Princess."

Never taking my eyes of him I spoke up.

"I'll keep my eye on them all don't worry."

He nodded understand what I was saying. I would make sure the war wouldn't come to us before we were ready. I would make sure his brother didn't do anything that would push us over the edge. Most importantly I would make sure that Riker and Zane's two side would keep the peace until they got back.

"Thank you." That was something Riker didn't say that often in his life it was clear by how sincerer he sounded. "How you coping with everything?"

This man knew how to catch me off guard. I don't think anyone had ever asked me how I'm coping with anything never mind right now in my life when everyone else was falling apart. It was my job to keep them going, not to fall apart with them.

"For some reason when it comes to shit like this I build myself on it. When everyone else is crumbling under the pressure, I take it and built from it. Another thing my father taught me. Take pain and raise your game from it." I was thoughtful for a moment. "I feel like if my life was simple and easy that's when I would lose my mind. I need something to make me think, something to make me feel alive."

He let out a deep laugh. "Well your in the right life if you want something to keep your mind busy. You probably won't get a break until your dead."

I shrugged and gave him my own grin. "What can I say. When your an Heiress to one of the biggest family Empires in the world. Been an ex to one of the biggest Gang Leaders in the City and friends with a Mafia leader, I can't afford to be weak."

"Hang around with me much longer Princess you'll end up so deep in my life that you won't be able to get out."

He was still smiling but I could sense the warning in his tone. He wanted to make sure that what I was getting involved in was something of my choice. It was. No one could make me do something I didn't want to do.

"I don't need a way out if that's what your saying." I pushed my hair away from my eyes. "I make my own choices in life and this woman, my real mother is planning on coming here to do what ever it is she is planning. This is my City and I would be dammed if I just watched her walk her way in and pull down everything that my family and the rest of us built from the ground up."

"Alright."

He stood up from my bed and stretched out his arms. He seemed to notice me watching him from the corner of his eye because he turned to fully look at me. Something about his grey eyes clouded over. Almost like a thought popped into his head. I knew what that thought was, I wasn't twelve.

"Come here."

I raised my eyebrow at him with an amused look on my face. Did he really think he could boss me about. I didn't care who he was or what he would become. He was still Riker Kennedy and I was Lyra Anderson and there was no way I would do what he told me. I would be the one thing in life he wouldn't be able to control.

He seemed to notice my refusal and narrowed his eyes slightly before he rolled his eyes looking amused himself. Within half a second he was standing in front of me grabbing me by the wrist and making me stand. I didn't make a move to stop him and I wasn't going to. I could see the need in his eyes. He looked at me like couldn't get enough of the sight of me like a hunter hunting their pray. I wasn't the pray though. I was his equal and he knew it. I was better than pray, I was a hunter on my own right.

"You know every day I wake up and think to myself 'This is the day I will finaly work her out.' I don't though and I don't think anyone ever will. That's why I can't get you out of my head no matter how much I try. You don't see how people look at you. People would follow you into hell just to get a fix of your energy and control. How well you carry yourself and the way you speak to people. You don't see the future of where you will inspire all the people around you more so than you already do now. You don't see any of that but I do and I'm addicted."

I didn't get a chance to respond because before I could even blink his lips were on mine. There was no messing around or a bet over our heads this was a proper kiss and it was electric. His hand went to back of my head and gripped my hair pulling me closer as the kiss deepened. There was something dangerous and raw about the kiss, something I had never felt before.

Kissing Zane was different. He was safe and warm and I always knew I what was going to happen with him. Riker on the other hand was the opposite there was nothing that could compare to what it was like to be kissing him right now. I couldn't get enough. He had called me addictive but right now I was addicted to this moment. It was like I had never kissed someone properly before I kissed him and I had kissed my fair share of guys.

Riker's phone broke us apart and he looked down at the bed where it was currently resting like it was the worst thing in the world and I couldn't say my look was much better. His hand came away from my hair and I couldn't help but feel a sense longing as he stepped away. I had never felt something like that before and I didn't know if I liked it or not.

"It's my dad I have to go our flight is soon. He's probably waiting from me at the jet."

He didn't answer the phone though as he gave me one last peck on the lips before stepping back. His infamous smirk back on his face as he lifted his phone off the bed. His cloud grey eyes never leaving mine. Those eyes were like a blessing and a curse. They draw you in and before you know it you were trapped his in gaze.

"I'll see you soon Princess."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
134K 2.9K 64
It has always been Rose and Will. Although they hate each other, they can't deny the pull towards each other that they've had since they were 6. The...