Sentenced (J.JK)

By Kookieapplebts

The words you speak can save his life. Say the wrong thing and he'll be hung six feet in the air. Haha. No... More

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - Final

Chapter 17

3.1K 246 392
By Kookieapplebts

"Ever heard of jailbreaking?"

-

"Ummm... yeah." the brunette seems hesitant as he answers your question.

A sly smirk slithers its way onto your lips. "What do you say we go out for a little fresh air tonight?"

"Are you crazy!?"

"Oh c'mon, don't be such a party pooper."

"Y/N, I'm not being a party pooper. I just don't want to die."

You roll your eyes at the boy, "dude, it's not even that big of a deal. chill."

"What do you mean, 'chill'. How the hell do you expect the two of us to run past those camera's and security guards without being caught?"

"Just...just trust me."

~

"I CAN'T BREATHE!" Your shoulders shake at the weight of the body standing on them.

"I-I'm n-nearly there-" thud. The sound of the boy collapsing onto the rooftop causes you to grimace.

"Jungkook, you good?"

"P-peachy," the brunette pops back up with ruffled hair, face slightly dirtied by the unkempt floors of the rooftop.

"Ready?" he says while extending his hand through the window towards you.

"Lemme catch my breath," you say while crouching down.

"I told you to go first!" The boy scolds. 

"Yeah but I doubt I would have been able to pull you up, I have short arms."

"Fair enough. Do your shoulders hurt? We don't have to do this, we can-"

"Jungkook, I'm fine. Now pull me up," you say while extending your arms towards the boy.

Jungkook pulls you up, surprisingly effortlessly.

"I-I'm sorry If I was heavy."

Jungkook shakes his head, eyebrows furrowed. "You weren't, you were quite light actually." The boy inspects your figure, eyes filled with worry. "You have been eating right, haven't you? I hope you're not letting the stress get to yo-"

"Jungkook, l-let's focus on not getting caught." You state with a tight-lipped smile. Although reluctant of letting go of the topic, the boy nods nonetheless.

~

"So you're saying when the security camera's point that way, we jump off the building onto that patch of grass and make a dash for the gates?"

You nod unsurely. Feeling the least bit confident about your plan now that you're actually about to go through with it.

"Um, there's like a 99% chance we will get caught." The brunette points out.

"You know what, it doesn't matter. You know what they say?"

"What do they say?"

You chuckle. "Yolo."

And with that, you grab onto the boy's hand and jump off the building.

And then you died. lol. the end.

Jokes. You wish you died. Cause the pain that seared through your ass- the bony structure that cushioned your fall- was agonizing. You groan as you lay down flat on the grass. You hear the boy next to you whimper, a low curse sliding past his lips as he sits up.

"Thanks for the count down," Jungkook croaks out sarcastically.

"Y-your welcome."

Luckily, the two of you are directly under the security camera's so it can't capture you. However, security camera's aren't your only obstacle.

"Who's there?" A voice calls out. Your blood seems to run cold. Ignoring the immense pain that is shooting up your backside, you get up and pull Jungkook to a confined space behind a bin.

Jungkook himself seems taken aback by the voice. His body is tense and he looks around worriedly. You gesture to the boy to be quiet even though it is not needed to be said.

"Who's there? Don't hide. I heard someone."

You firmly shut your eyes as your breathing becomes laboured, your grip on the brunette's hand unconsciously becoming tighter.

You can hear the sound of footsteps crashing against the wet gravel as a figure approaches the bin. The only thing that runs through your head are the consequences you will receive due to your reckless actions. 

"Oh," a manly voice calls out. "Was that you making all the ruckus?"

Was he talking to you? 

Woof

"Aww what a cutie you are, I thought you were one of those pesky criminals trying to escape." 

Your eyebrows furrow in confusion but your shoulders are still hunched, tensed. 

Minutes seem to pass as you cling onto Jungkook for dear life. The previous voice seems to have disappeared and a calming silence now replaces your erotic heartbeats as you slowly peep your head from behind the rubbish bins.

"The coast is clear," you whisper, observing the empty courtyard. You let your shoulders relax and take in a deep breath. 

"Okay... so what now?" Jungkook asks, eyeing the hawk-like security cameras above him.

You think for a moment before an idea pops into your head.

"Okay, so as soon as the cameras turn left, we sprint for the gates and jump the fence."

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows, "what about the security guard?"

"Okay, so how 'bout, I distract them while you jump the fence?"

Jungkook eyes the security stand before hesitantly nodding. "Y-yeah okay."

"Okay on the count of three, run. and don't look back."

"1...2...3-"

You barely get to finish your sentence before the boy starts sprinting.

You quickly run towards the security stand, an awkward smile on your face as you wave to the guards. "Hi, um."

The two guards look at you, eyeing you up and down curiously.

"Uhh, yes?" one of the men asks.

"Hi-" Screech

The sound of the metal gates screeching accompanied by a loud thud catches all your attention.

You have to be kidding me!

In sudden desperation to avert their attention back to you, you do what you do best. Use your words.

"Oh my, this isn't really related to what I was going to say but, you two are quite dashing, I must say."

The two security guards, look at you, suddenly interested in what you are saying rather than the noise.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, do excuse me, I just can't help it when I'm around charming men."

One of the security guards cocks his eyebrows, a smirk playing on his lips. "Is that right? Well, your quite the looker yourself, if I do say so myself."

You shiver in disgust as the man -probably in his 50's- racks his eyes all over you. Nonetheless, you keep up your act.

"If you don't mind, can I get your numbers before I head out for the night?"

The men smirk, hands eagerly reaching for their pockets.

~

You run up to Jungkook, who is hiding next to a bush.

"Why'd you take so long?" He asks. "I was getting worried."

"Let's just say I have the numbers of two old hags on my phone now."

Jungkook raises an eyebrow questioningly but you dismiss him with a wave of your hand.

"Nevermind that, let's get out of here."

"Okay, but one question before we leave, how are we going to get back?"

You stop and think for a while before shrugging, "eh, we'll work it out. Just YOLO it."

"The last time you said that you nearly ended up with a broken ass."

You grimace remembering the pain of the fall. It had settled down due to the adrenaline but now it starts to hurt again, just by the mention of it.

"Let's not talk about that."

And with that, the two of you head off into the seemingly endless night. Heartbeats beating in a synchronized pattern of fear and excitement for the unclear journey ahead.

~

"Stay low and don't cause a scen-"

"Ow ow my foot owww," Jungkook screeches as he jumps around, gaining the attention of on-goers.

The boy crouches down and massages his foot while you send him a death glare.

"So much for not causing a scene," you mutter under your breath while smiling awkwardly at the weird looks being sent your direction.

"Hurry up before someone recognises you," you hiss.

Jungkook grumbles before fumbling behind you. "So where are we going first?"

"First we are going to a convenience store and getting some face masks... and a change of clothes," you say while eyeing the boy's bright orange attire. "And then we let my gut lead the way?"

"Why not your heart?"

"Cause the last time I let my heart lead the way, I ended up in a strip club."

Jungkook looks at you for a second before nodding.

The two of you discreetly make your way to a nearby convenience store. The bright flashing lights of 7- Eleven welcome you as you arrive.

"Okay Jungkook, I'm going to quickly go in and buy some stuff, you stay back here and don't get caught."

The boy nods. "Okay."

And with that, you head off to the store.

With quick movements, you grab some face masks, jeans and a hoodie, hoping that the clothes will fit the brunette.

The elderly man at the counter smiles at you, "is that it for today?"

You nod, smiling back at him.

"That will be $30.55 please."

You pull out your card and awkwardly type in your pin. For some reason, you feel nervous so you keep messing up the pin.

"Um, Ms, are you okay?"

"A-ah yes, sorry."

After finally paying for the items, you get your stuff and head out of the store. The frosty breeze greets you as you exit however a familiar brunette is nowhere to be seen. Huh? But I told him to stay right here.

"Jungkook?" you whisper scream

No response.

"Jungkook?" You call again. Your heart is beating faster at a gut-wrenching thought that lurks through your mind. Did he run away?

"Jungkook, where are you-" Suddenly the boy appears from behind an alley, looking somewhat paler than he did before.

"I-I'm here."

"'Jungkook, why were you in there?"

The boy seems hesitant, nervous. "I just- um- just saw a big group of people coming towards me. Thought I'd hide."

You nod, although somewhat unconvinced.

"Here," you hand him a popsicle. "Since you can't have fun on an empty stomach."

Jungkook chuckles, "why do I feel like I'm on a Snickers commercial."

You laugh. "You're not yourself when you are hungry," you say in a commercial like voice.

You grab the clothes from your bag before handing them to him, "also, change into these. I think the bright orange jumpsuit isn't going to exactly help you blend in."

~

"So, what's -god, this tastes so good- so what's the plan?" Jungkook asks while biting into his popsicle.

You cringe as you watch him bite into the popsicle. "I can't trust you if you BITE your popsicles like that. But anyways, let's have some fun shall we?"

Jungkook raises his eyebrow. "Fun?"

"Have you ever been to a party?" You ask him, cheeky smirk threatening to slip past your lips.

"Like business par-"

"No, like a clubbing kinda party. Like, okay, let me rephrase, have you ever been to a club?"

Jungkook nods, "like for this business meet-"

"Jungkook," you call out, causing the boy to pause mid-sentence and look at you.

"Have you ever had fun?"

The boy makes a face as if to show he is thinking. "You know what? I don't think I have."

You smirk, "well then, what do you say? Shall we  have some fun?"

"Huh-"

You grip onto the boy's hand before racing towards the roaring crowds of people. The wind rushes past your bodies as the stable beat of your hearts increase into a rapid thump. The hundreds of faces that you pass turn into this blurry sketch of unimportance in the back of your mind. 

The night was cold but his hands were warm. The air was freezing but your hearts were on fire.

Panting, the two of you stop in front of a brightly lit place. 

"A nightclub?" Jungkook questions, unbeknown of your intentions or thoughts. 

"Yes." And you don't leave room for further questioning as you march into the line where a herd of people wait to enter the already crowded club. 

"Names?" A big man in an antique leather jacket asks in a low voice as you stop at the front of the line. 

"Kim Chungha and Lee Sungho," you blurt out the random names that appear in your heads.

"ID?"

Shit. 

Suddenly, as if luck wanted to help you out a bit, a loud scream is heard from the street. The big man looks away and soon marches off in the direction of the noise, shouting in his gruff voice for whoever was making the ruckus to shut up. 

You take that as a chance to enter the building sneakily, dragging along the nervous brunette with you. 

"Y/N, we are going to get arrested!"

"Jungkook, you're already in jail."

"Oh yeah... but still!"

"Oh shush, you're no fun."

Jungkook shakes his head. "I am fun, but y-"

"Prove it."

"What?"

"Prove to me that you are fun."

"I-I um I," the boy stammers. 

"See," you say with a smirk. "You AREN'T fun-"

Suddenly, you feel Jungkook grip your arm before dragging you to the bar. 

"I'll show you how fun I can be." He states confidently. 

You quirk your brow amusedly. "Okay tiger, bedazzle me with your 'fun'."

"40 shots of tequila," Jungkook states to the bartender. 

You're eyes widen as Jungkook cockily smirks your way. 

~

So 40 shots of tequila later, Jungkook got alcohol poisoning and died. The end. 

Jokes. 

Jungkook had two shots of tequila. TWO. 

Then he ordered some orange juice and said he needed to take a breather. 

"I can't believe you ordered 40 shots of damn tequila. And I have to pay for it!"

Jungkook offers you a sheepish grin. His cheeks are slightly tinted a rosy red from how WaStEd he is. Jungkook is a lightweight.

 Even you managed to finish 5 shots, you aren't drunk but you feel a bit tipsy. Jungkook is drunk though. 

"And then he told me to shut up and go to sleep," Jungkook pouts as he finishes telling his story about how this security guard was being a 'meanie'.

"Mmm," you hum, enjoying this side of Jungkook. The absolutely annoying, babyish, stupid side. 

"Do squirrels have large buttholes?"

"I don't know Jungkook," you say with a sigh. 

"I bet they do, how else would they poop out those massive nuts that they carry in their cheeks." 

You chuckle, wondering how on earth you are going to get the boy sober. 

"Y/N," Jungkook calls, shaking you out of your thoughts. 

"Hmm?"

"Let's dance."

"What!? Dance?" You exclaim, surprised by the boy's uncharacteristic suggestion. But then again, Jungkook is drunk. 

"Yeah," he shouts, dragging you by the arm and onto the dance floor. 

"Yeah-yeah okay," you state with a forming grin. "Let's dance."

~

You are shocked.

 Jungkook is an amazing dancer. 

You never expected the somewhat shy and conservative boy to have such flawless moves. Even with the rush of alcohol running through his veins, he still manages to effortlessly move along to the music in a breathtaking fashion as you awkwardly stand there watching him. 

"C'mon, dance." Jungkook insists. 

You stiffly sway from side to side causing Jungkook to giggle. "No silly, like this." The boy grabs your hands and starts moving them around. You move your body along with the movement and soon the two of you are dancing the night away. The beat of the music is exhilarating, it feels uplifting. You move along with Jungkook, laughing as he dramatically twirls you around, the alcohol only adding to the content buzz that rings through your body. 

It felt like hours had passed since you started dancing.  Your bodies are tired so you move out of the dance floor, leaving space for new participants to fill in. 

"It's so hot in here," Jungkook huffs, lowering the zipper on his hoodie. 

You glance around the room, trying to find an open space for you two to rest in. You eyes stop at a sign. 

ROOFTOP {Guest Not Permitted}

"No, we can't," Jungkook says after realising where your eyes are set. 

"Oh, c'mon, remember, just YOLO it-"

"No, Y/N, we already snuck in here, if we get caught we could be in-"

"IF we get caught. Who's to say we will?" 

~

The rooftop felt like a breath of fresh air, the rowdiness or the stuffiness of the nightclub was a polar opposite of the quiet, calming scenery that lay above it. 

"This is...beautiful." Jungkook admires, the alcohol in his system now having sizzled down into soberness. The brunette traces his eyes over the breathtaking view. The vibrant lights of the city shine into the dark depths of the starless night sky. The half moon is peeking shyly into the picture, its own light kissing the edge of the large city below. The air is frosty as Jungkook takes a breath, a white smoke slipping past his lips. 

"I've never seen this, y'know," The brunette walks to the edge of the rooftop. "I've only ever been trapped inside those buildings, attending stupid business meeting's that I wasn't fond of. I never got to see the beauty from the outside."

You walk up beside Jungkook, smiling. "It truly is beautiful."

A comforting silence envelopes the two of you as you continue to admire the view of light polluted skies and metal bearing buildings.  

"Jungkook," you ask softly. 

"Hmm?"

"Did you hate your parents?"

The brunette lets the question linger in the chilly breeze before responding. "I don't know if I hated them."

You look up at him, his eyes are cast down onto the street below, a sad glint in them. 

"I never knew if I hated them. No matter how horrible they were to me, or how many times the beat me up, or how many times they forced me to be someone I'm not." Jungkook fiddles with his fingers as he speaks. "I thought they were doing it for the best." 

You notice the pain in his voice, the horror, the trauma, the unspoken anger. 

"I hated myself though."

You furrow your eyebrows, "what do you mean?"

Jungkook chuckles sadly, "When someone tells you over and over again that you're worthless, you start to believe it. Amongst all the pain they gave me, I started to believe that maybe, they weren't the problem, that maybe, it was me. I was the problem, I was the one that should be hated on."  

You stare at his side profile, heart clenching at the pained expression on his face. 

"You know," you start, gaining the boy's attention. "There was this man I used to admire, he was what made me. I loved him more than anything and he was what inspired me to become a lawyer. He was so loving, so caring, so-so," You look down, tears threatening to rise to your eyes. Unconsciously, Jungkook grips onto your hand, comforting you with actions rather than words. "He reminds me of you, he was so selfless, so kind and funny, like you."

Jungkook gently smiles, "he must be a great man then."

You chuckle while nodding, "yeah, yeah he was."

"Was?"

You gently bite down on your lips, heart pounding as you speak of your father. 

"He left. My dad left me."

Jungkook tilts his head, confused. "He left us and didn't come back. I never knew why he was leaving, just knew that he was gone. I never saw him after that, frankly, I don't even remember how he looks like anymore." 

You sniffle sadly as a tear slides down your face. "And just like you, I don't exactly hate him either, I-I also hate myself. I wonder if it was me who made him want to leave."

Jungkook stares at you, his other hand reaching to wipe your tear. 

"Sorry, I'm being dramat-"

You don't finish your sentence because suddenly Jungkook's lips are on yours. 

His hand falls to your waist and pulls you closer as he firmly presses his lips to yours. At first, you are shocked, you stand there unable to move. But as the boy persists on kissing you, you give in. You let your lips mould into his, your hands resting on his shoulders. You both pull away to catch your breaths, inhaling and exhaling heavily as you stare at each other. "J-Jungkook, wha- you don't finish your sentence as your lips pull in to another kiss. This time in a more frantic, rushed manner. It feels more intense, more passionate. 

It was like taking drugs; when you tried it once, you just couldn't wait to try it again. Jungkook felt like a drug. Jungkook slowly traces his tongue over your lips, causing a shiver to run down your spine. You whimper in contentment as your grip on his shoulders tighten. Jungkook takes that as an opportunity to slides his tongue inside your mouth, his tongue runs along the walls of your mouth as your hands slowly move to his hair. 

You tug on the boy's brown locks causing him to quietly groan. Suddenly, Jungkook lifts you up by your thighs and holds you, lips still attached to yours. Your mouths move in an almost desperate manner, heat rising through your bodies, cutting off the harsh winter breeze. You gently bite on his pink lips causing him to visibly shudder. 

"Jungkook," you whisper onto his lips once you pull away. 

"Yeah," the boy replies, sounding breathless. 

He is still holding you up and you can feel the heat of his body from your intimacy. "Did we just kiss?" 

"I think so," he says before pecking your lips ever so gently. 

"Why?"

Jungkook chuckles at that. Did he know why? Could he ever figure out why? Why he was kissing his lawyer when he never had taken interest in any other girl before. 

"It's ironic isn't it." You chuckle, finally coming down from the boy's hold, yet still standing close to him. 

"What is?" 

"That I'm your lawyer, yet here I am, doing something that's definitely unlawful." 

Jungkook shrugs, a soft smile playing on his lips. "I don't think kissing me is unlawful." 

You chuckle, "yeah, but helping you break out of prison is."

The brunette nods, his cheeks tinted a rosy shade. Was it the cold, was it the kiss, was it you? You didn't know. All you know is that he looks so ethereal under this light, and you wonder how this gorgeous boy could even be considered a criminal. 

"Jungkook?" You ask, voice small yet audible. 

"Hmm?"

"I think I like-"

You freeze mid-sentence. Because it is only now that your eyes catch the sight of the blaring lights of a helicopter roaming above the city. 

 But it isn't just any helicopter. 

It is a police helicopter. 

-

C: Can you see the pattern? 

A/N: Sorry for the late update! And also, that's the last of the clues. Did you guys like this chapter? 

I love you, thank you for reading.  ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 126 22
A Fanfiction. This story is 100% of my imagination. This has nothing to do with real life. I'm not shipping anyone. Just imagine πŸ˜‰ and enjoy. This i...
260 44 54
a kim taehyung/v novel "You may only know your dream, but let me tell you something, you'll never rise to the top whilst trampling people under your...
200 24 13
"We need you to find someone, we think he's in danger. His name is Min Yoongi." not actually done, just --MOVED--
2.5K 259 29
Calling him my husband at that point was the safest option I could think of... for saving my child and him... ----- Β‘Mention of assault! Started: Dec...