Lies and Roses°nctxbpxrv

princehendery által

"You've been living a lie your whole life. Don't you want to avenge yourself from the people who kept you fro... Több

Trailer + Posters of Main Casts
°prologue
°01
°02
°03
°04
°05
°06
°07
°08
°09
°10
°11
°12
°13
°14
?
°15
°16
°17.1
°17.2
°18
°19
°20
°21
°23
°24
°25
°26
°27
°28
°29
°30
°31
°32
°33
°34
°35
°36
°37
°38
°39
°40
°41
°42
°43
°44
°45
CHARACTER TRAILER (VIDEO)

°22

451 37 30
princehendery által

MONDAY 7:41:40 AM

There's no escape in the woods when you're surrounded with a pack of wolves.

I heavily gasp for air, gaping my eyes wide as I awake from my slumber. The disturbing shrill voice of a man from my dream was still endlessly ringing up in my head.

I was relieved that I have been woken up by the sound of my phone ringing, I wouldn't be able to escape from my nightmare.

I reached out for the gadget on top of the bedside table and read the number flashed on the screen. Apparently, it wasn't registered in my contacts. I don't even recognize the numerical pattern. I decided to not answer it—too afraid to hear what the unknown caller has to say.

It could be the wolves, again.

I left it infinitely ringing as my heart began to pound stridently.

It's only seven in the morning and I can't afford to start my day dealing with another threat.

But then again,

I wouldn't know if I don't try to find out right?

I hesitantly picked up the phone from the table. I stare at the artificial screen for a while, studying the series of digits shown. My thumb was already hovering over the answer button but my brain has not given the cue to press it.

It was still ringing.

When I finally accepted the call, I slowly dragged the phone near my ear, my hand quivering as I listen carefully to the other line. And it was dead silent.

My breathing only intensified at the thought that there was no sound coming from the caller. I began to panic, realizing they could be intentionally putting me on hold to track my location. I quickly ended the call and accidentally tossed my phone to the floor.

And there it was again.

I would have never thought that hearing a melodious chiming sound of birds could ever be so horrid to my ears. I dread at the tone of my phone, ringing like it was beckoning me to take it. It was haunting and it compelled me to get near to it.

I finally had the phone in my hand and I immediately answered.

"W-what do you want?" I said in a taunting voice. "What the fuck do you want from me!"

I heard an indistinctive chuckle from the opposite line.

"Woah, okay. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

I knitted my brows, thinking whose voice it belonged to. It was very familiar. I have heard it before.

"Who are you?"

"Oh yeah, right. It's Mark hehe."

Frankly, I was way too close unleashing hell at this moment because of how exasperated I was. I can't believe I was being exaggerating with the whole threat-call situation. I was quivering for nothing.

"How the hell did you even have my number?" I muttered, infuriated.

"Oh, I got it from Taeyong. He wanted to talk to you about something but he's got zero credit on his phone and I happen to have a lot."

"But I never gave my number to him—"

A loud grumble emanated from the other line and another voice sprung.

"Well hello, good morning to you, sunshine. This is Lee Taeyong ha ha ha"

His voice pierced through my ear which made me flinch. I don't understand the necessity to talk in a penetrating tone on the phone. Unconsciously, my face contorted in disgust and annoyance.

"You made me almost shit my pants. I thought this was another death threat, you scumbag. I had a mini-heart attack thanks to your asses!" I scowled.

"I. . . I just want to ask you if you want to watch a movie with me. . ."

"Seriously?!"

I heard a hiss, a chuckle followed. "I am serious. Let's watch this morning. That way no one will harm you in broad day light. I'm going to bring my boys with me and maybe even a girl you want to meet. Also, I figured you might need some breather or I don't know some sort of inspiration for your new works."

"Uhm. . . can I think about it for a minute?" I answered, a little reluctant.

"Take all the time you need, princess. I will not pressure you," He giggled. "Just call this number again once you have your answer. I will wait for your response, okay?"

I hummed, ending the call afterwards.

I threw my back on the duvet, spreading my arms to the side. I shut my eyes close and tried to rethink Taeyong's offer.

My chest still feels heavy from yesterdays upheaval. It has not sunk in to me yet that I saw my father in jeopardy with my very own eyes. The feeling still haunts me. Thinking about it makes my head clutter with abstruse thoughts.

Is it even alright for me to go out there again?

I rolled to one side of my body, emptily looking at the phone I had in my hand.

Well, Taeyong will be there to keep me safe.

I dialed the number Taeyong used to call me earlier. I waited for an answer.

"Well, you took your time," He chortled with a silvery voice. "Is it a Yes or No?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and responded. "Where will we meet?"

"Yes, it is!" He exclaimed, his voice cracking at the end. I heard a cough over the line. "I'll have Lucas pick you up there. Don't travel by yourself."

"Why don't you pick me up yourself?" I queried with a nosy tone; concern rather palpable.

"I have errands to run. Lucas is on his way now. See you later, Jiseul."

"Hey! Wait a minute! I just woke up!"

As the asshole he is, he hung up right away.

I quickly ran to the other side of my room, which is the bathroom, and did all my morning routine in there in a flash. Afterwards, I was fumbling here and there, trying to be as fast as possible, as I pick my clothes for today.

I wasn't mentally and physically prepared for this kind of torture. It has only been thirty minutes since I woke up yet here I am, straining myself because of what? A movie? Lee Taeyong?

What kind of sorcery has he done to me that I am obediently following his orders?!

Nonetheless, I still sped up preparing myself. I hastily grabbed a pair of flare high-waisted jeans from my drawer and a yellow long-sleeved knitted top. I quickly buttoned up the pants. After which, I effortlessly wore the top in an instant, tucking in the bottom part under my pants as I took out a brown plaid blazer from its hanger.

I checked myself in the mirror, trying to evaluate my outfit like how I always do. I eyed myself from my head and down to my foot.

This should be enough to keep me out of the cold.

I slipped on my sandals whilst brushing my damp hair. I then applied a generous amount of sun screen all over my face, putting on lip tint as well. I finished my make up with a press powder. On cold days like this, I don't really like to put on much make-up.

I hung the strap of bag over my shoulder as I headed my way downstairs. I rushed to kitchen to tell father where I was headed but only to find out he was nowhere to be found. I scanned the entire floor, including the bathroom. But he was just not here.

He must be still asleep.

But it bugs me how he has not risen up yet. He usually wakes up earlier than I.

Out of nowhere, a loud emanated sprung from the outside of the house. I flinched to the sound because it was a little bit horrifyingly empty and silent.

I ran out of the house, making sure I have locked the front door.

From a certain distance, I saw the front of a black huge-ass motorcycle, the rest of the parts were covered behind our gate. My stomach churned looking at the enormous vehicle which looked like belonged to a punk rider. I hesitantly moved forward.

"L-lucas?" I called out with a brittle voice. "Is that you?"

"Yeah. Are you all set?"

When I recognized his voice, it was only then when I felt at ease. I quicken my pace and finally stepped out.

There I saw Lucas nonchalantly sitting on his motorcycle, placing two helmets of different colors on top of his muscly laps. He was looking elsewhere, probably examining the neighborhood.

When he noticed my presence, he flashed a wide smile, showing his perfectly-aligned pearl white teeth. A couple of laugh lines deepening around his mouth and eyes.

"Good morning Jiseul!" He cheerfully said, handing me the red helmet he was holding. "Taeyong sent me."

I giggle at the boy's fruity voice, thinking it just doesn't match with his strong aura and façade he's showing right now. Who would've thought that a gigantic man, wearing a leather jacket and a pair of tattered jeans would sound so innocent and gentle. Not to mention how his tousled hair make him look like he doesn't care abou anything.

"He gave you the address?"

Lucas nodded, motioning me to come near him.

"Have you ridden a motorcycle before?" He asked when he saw me doubtfully looking at his ride. "I will go slow for you Jiseul."

I shook my head. "I have ridden actually. My friend used to own one."

I then hopped on the vehicle, carefully putting on the protective gear over my head, Lucas as well.

He then immediately started the engine, its roar blasting below us. He craned his head to me and said: "I don't mind if you wrap your arms around my waist. It's just for safety reasons after all."

"W-what?"

Suddenly, he tugged both of my hands, drawing them near his torso. My arms were now circled around his upper body, my front almost pressed against his back.

"You seem a little bit stiff," He laughed. "I told you, I'll go slow for you."

And in a blink of an eye, we both drove off, the cold wind welcoming the both of us.

A/N:

i was rereading my draft for this book and I cried reading some of the parts :< i think i will also cry while writing the dialogues and chapters. I tell you guys, we're about to go there. Things will escalate and I hope you won't leave till then :> Thank you so much for taking interest in my story. I hope I am serving you all well. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

21.4K 1.2K 47
Taehyung, a super rich boy with a broken heart is introduced to the world of drugs by one of his friends. He becomes a drug addict and an alcoholic t...
5.5K 408 29
"Doctor Kang this is Nurse Kim Dal Hee, your nurse assistant from now on" When Doctor Park said that Doctor Kang's smile dropped and his gaze switche...
78.2K 3.7K 74
"I know you. You love the thrill, the rush, the danger. You're attracted to it like a bee to honey. You did not enter into this kicking and screaming...