The girl with the snake skin

By gl0riafc

When Rose is sent to live with her dad to rid herself of the gang life. But what if she finds herself in a li... More

Intro
1.An Ordinary Day...
2....With A Twist
3. Welcome to Forks
4. It's rude to stare
5. New Establishments
6. Firsts
7. Back to school
8. A Bad Feeling
9. Paul
10. Breakups suck
11. Sleepover
12. Blackhood
13. Promises
14. Venting
15. Hugger
16. Sunrise
17. Lame Ass Party
18. Pothead
19. Early
20. The best kind of Party
21. Heart Beat
22. Phase
23. Gone
24.The future
25. Birthday Trip
26. Rescue
27. New beginnings
28. Daddy
29. Problem
30. Making Deals
31. Makeup Swing
32. Postive
33. Day off
34. Wedding jitters
35. Reception
Authors note
36. Tour
37. Papers
38. Strange Heartbeat
39. Baby Momma
40. New Friend
41. Not so special announcements
43. Christmas With The Family
44. He's here
45. Normal day with Family
46. Back Together

42. Baby Lahote

1.1K 24 1
By gl0riafc

I take my time in the shower soaking up the warmth from the water, I sigh as I climb out and wrap the fuzzy towel around myself, grabbing another for my hair. I take my time applying lotion before slipping my underwear on. I blow dry my hair to the point where it's not dripping wet before brushing my hair into a high pony tail. I slip on some jeans and a t-shirt going for the casual yet comfortable option. I head to Paul's room and grab a pillow before hitting him with it causing him to sit up worried, "What happened?!" I shrug, "Nothing. Except the appointments today." He looks at the clock before rubbing his face, "We have three hours to get there." "But I'm hungry. We're hungry." I say emphasizing the we as I rub my belly, loving that my little nugget is in a position that makes my belly look bigger at the moment. Paul moves to sit on the edge of the bed pulling me between his legs, "What do you want to get?" "CAKE." I say getting excited. He looks at me, "You can't have cake for breakfast, how about pancakes." I pout, "Can I get frosting with it?" "How about whipped cream and fruit?" "But cake sound so good right now." "Pancakes it is. Go wait while I shower." I trudge my way to the living room letting myself plop down on the couch. Soon Paul comes out dressed and ready with my shoes and jacket in hand. I slip on the warm boots before Paul helps me slide on my jacket, "Come on let's go."

We make our way to Denny's and get breakfast and take our time eating before we head over to the doctors. Paul takes a seat as I check in and grab a clipboard filling out my information when I sit next to Paul. "I don't understand why they make you fill that out every time you come." "Because stuff changes with time, you can develop allergies to latex or to dairy. Or something changed in your diet. It's precaution. Let's say I was allergic to a certain medication or antibiotic and they needed to use it, if I didn't write it down they'd use it and I'd die. But since it's written down any updates go into my file and they'll know what they can't use." He looks at me, "It's still stupid." "And that's why I'm taking this baby to the doctors not you." I say with a smile before getting up to give the receptionist my paperwork. I sit back and squeeze Paul's hand when he grabs mine. "Rosalinda Swan." We both stand up and walk with the nurse to the room where the nurse leaves us to get situated. Paul helps me into the table then takes the seat next to me before grabbing my hand, "You ready?" I look at him, "Are you ready?" He smiles before he leans back, "Were going to be really young parents." "Is that finally hitting you?" I say teasingly making him smile. We hear a knock on the door before my doctor comes in, "Hello Rosie, Paul how's it going guys? You still have those cravings?" I smile, "Funfetti cake with whipped cream frosting." They both laugh at me. "Are you feeling any movement yet?" "Either that or gas." The doctor chuckles before bringing out the gel and starts spreading it with the wand before the baby shows up on the screen. "Alright everything in it's place. Ten fingers, ten toes. Everything is stable. If you look here." He points to the screen and Paul squeezes my hand, "Baby Lahote is a healthy baby boy." I smile before looking at Paul, "A boy." He kisses my fingers as the doctor hands me a tissue to wipe my stomach. "Alright you guys know where to pick up the pictures. Have a good day and go easy on the cake." I smile as he leaves and Paul helps me off the table. I look up at him, "We're having a boy." I say getting excited, "We are." He grabs my face as he kisses me with a smile. "Let's go get the pictures." We grab the pictures before heading out to the car.

Paul stops in front of my house. My mom came down last night so she'd be hear when we found out the gender. As we walk inside we hear the laughter and the yells from everyone. As soon as we walk into the room it gets quiet. I smile, "we're having a boy." My mom and dad pull me into a hug before my mom lets go giving Paul a hug. I pull away from my dad to see his eyes are watery. "I'm not crying something got in my eye." "Dad. Nothing could of gotten in your eye." I smile at him with a teasing grin before he ruffles my hair, "Thank God there's going to be another boy around this house." I shake my head. My dad's always wanted a son, someone to take fishing and do boy stuff with but he got stuck with two girls and a granddaughter, so he must be really happy to finally be getting that boy. "Speaking of which the serpents sent me with a present. I may have gotten a little excited when I got the call. So they know." I smile at her, of course she couldn't contain her excitement. She's always been the worst at keeping secrets. She reaches into her bag pulling out a smaller bag and hands it to me. I open it and pull out a small leather jacket.

I feel stitching so I flip it over to see it's a serpent jacket. I hand the jacket to Paul before pulling my mom into a hug, "Don't thank me, Jellybean made it. After she got permission from everyone. She's happy to have a sister. She finished it a couple days ago. Plus we decided that whether a girl or boy it'd be able to wear it when you came down to visit." "Tell her thanks for me." My mom lets go when the door opens. Sue, Leah, and Seth walk in carrying groceries. Moreso Seth and Leah carry the groceries while Sue tells them where to put everything. I get the urge to pee and my mom laughs when I run up the stairs. When I finish I head to my room to take off my boots. I look around before changing my clothes into comfy shorts and an old softball tee. I leave my socks on, my dad's always left the house slightly warmer so it feels like it's spring inside but my feet always get cold. I make my way downstairs where everyone, except Paul is sitting around the living room. I look at the time and realize it's time for his patrol. I sit next to Seth on the couch and turn so I can stick my feet under his legs. "Geez why are your feet so cold." I shrug before listening in on the conversation everyone is having about Christmas. "So we're doing breakfast and presents here right?" My dad nods, "Bella and Edward are bringing Reneesmee for presents and lunch." "Wait Bella's actually coming out for Christmas?" My dad and mom look at me causing me to sink in my seat, " You haven't told your sister yet?" I shake my head, "Nooo, I haven't even gotten the chance to meet my niece yet." I think about it, Bella just changed. Isn't she still a newborn? How are they okay with this? Seth nudges me before whispering, "She has this super self control thing. She doesn't crave human blood. They think it's because she had time to mentally prepare herself, but she's fine around Nessie and Charlie. She won't try and attack you. The baby makes you smell exactly like Paul." I nod. My mom looks at me, "You and Paul are still coming down for dinner right?" "Yeah breakfast and presents here, then we head to Emily's for more presents, then dinner at yours." She nods, I can see shes counting how many are going to her house. *Cough* the entire gang.

When dinner time starts to come around my mom and Sue both head to the kitchen. They both decide on making their own dishes and make a combined dinner. Honestly no one is complaining. Sue is making Harry's fish fry recipe while my mom makes her enchiladas. As a pregnant person I am in heaven.

"ROSALINDA GET YOUR FINGERS OUT OF THE CHICKEN!" I pout, "Your grandson is hungry." "My grandson will wait like every other person in this house." I throw my head back as I make my way into the living room sitting next to my dad who throws his arm over my shoulders, "Tough luck kid." "I'm dying from starvation." "You could try Sue." "DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!" My mom yells from the kitchen. I look at dad, "Mom either has psychic powers or cat hearing." "Let's pray it's the first one." I laugh as my dad checks his phone. "Ooo dad when did you learn to text?" He shakes his head, "It's Bella she needs someone to watch Reneesmee while the family goes to a dinner for a doctor thing. And doesn't want her out too late." "So she's spending the night." Dad nods, "Good thing we have the extra room now." I smile at my dad, I'm guessing Bella put him on a need to know basis. He's just happy to have family around. "I guess I'll go find the extra blankets and pillows. You think she likes forts?" He shrugs, "You taking advantage of a sleepover?" "You bet your ass I am." "Guess we're decorating the tree tonight." I run up the stairs and rummage through my room for the so called girly stuff I have. I bring out the makeup box containing nail polish and some makeup I haven't worn in a while. When I move the box something falls out of the closet. I smile as I pick it up realizing it's an ornament decorating kit I bought so we could make an ornament for the baby. There's enough paint for everyone to make one. Dad has a tradition anybody who's new to the family has to make one to hang on the tree. We use one of the plain ornaments and paint our names on it and a design. My dad even made my mom make one and we hang it up every year. I hear car doors before some giggles. I smile at the child like giggles, soon that'll be my child. I grab the two boxes and head downstairs. Jake is sitting in one of the chairs with a young girl on his lap. I set everything down on the table behind the couch before moving so I'm in front of them. "Nessie this is Rosie. Your mom's sister." She smiles, "You're pretty just like your mommy." Her smile grows bigger and I can see her get more comfortable. I can see how she moves with Jake and I look at him before he nods confirming my thoughts. Bella's never really talked about this part of her family, for obvious reasons I'm guessing. "Well Nessie I heard your spending the night. So grandpa over there decided we're decorating the tree." "Are you showing her the tradition." I stand up straight stretching out my back, "Yup grandpa." He ruffles my hair, "She can call me that, you can't." "But it's your name, ITS ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE." He gives me a look to stop causing me to erupt in giggles making the room laugh. Jake nudges Nessie, "I told you your aunt's crazy." The door opens and Paul walks in with a bag. "Hey man." Paul nods his head towards Jake's greeting. "Ooo what's in the bag?" He opens the bag pulling a container out letting me read the label. "Funfetti cake with whipped cream frosting." Before I can make grabby hands he lifts it over his head so I can't reach it, "That's not fair, you know my cravings. Your son wants it!" "He can wait until after dinner." Paul kisses my head before heading to the kitchen to put the cake in the fridge knowing my mom will stop me from trying to get it. "Son?" I look at Jake, "No one told you?" His face says it all, "I'm 16 weeks pregnant. We just found out the gender this morning." He nods his head in realization before Nessie speaks up, "Does this mean I'll have a cousin?" I crouch down, "It does. By the time he gets here, hopefully everything will be settled down and you can visit okay?" She nods with a smile on her face.

"Foods done!" My mom and Sue call, Paul and Jake grab mine and Nessie's plates as she helps me grab drinks for everyone. We all take a seat where we can. I sit on the floor with Nessie, Jake and Seth, as we play Monopoly and eat. Everyone else is either watching us or watching the random Hallmark movie my mom put on. My mom may be a tough biker chick but you can't mess with her Hallmark movies or she'll make you feel like you're in a lifetime movie. As we finish up we take turns washing our plates before my dad brings out the Christmas decorations. I take my spot with Paul next to me as my dad shows Nessie everyone's ornament and how to make hers. As Paul makes his I make one for the baby. I quickly grab three clear glass ones before I take them apart and start spreading the glue where I want it. I quickly add glitter before I set it to dry. I look at Paul's before I laugh at his scribbled name and a crappy drawing. "Hey it's better than yours." He points at mine, "I made mine when I was 4, what's your excuse?" I sit back and lean against my mom's legs, who immediately starts massaging my head, something she's always done. "Have you guys thought of names yet?" Sue asks, I look at Paul before turning back to her and shrug my shoulders, "His name is going to be nugget for his whole life." Everyone laughs, "No we were waiting to find out the gender, I didn't want to come up with a name and end up loving and then it being the complete opposite gender." "Are there any you like?" My mom asks, "I don't really know. I mean yeah but none of them really fit or they don't roll off the tongue." My mom hands me a paper, "Here write down ideas while I go cut the cake." "Now you said cake and I can't think." She rolls her eyes before heading into the kitchen.

After we finish the cake I head into the kitchen to wash my plate. I look at the fridge and pull off the roll of pictures from today's ultrasound and quickly cut off 3 pictures. When I sit back down I grab a blue sharpie and write Baby Lahote across the bottom of all three. Paul rests his head on my shoulder watching me stick the pictures in their own ornament before putting the ornament back together. My dad claps his hands "Alright let's put the ornaments on the tree." My dad helps Nessie put hers on first, after everyone goes I show my mom and dad the ones I made before sticking one on the tree and giving one to my mom, keeping the last one for the tree at Paul's house.

(Let's pretend it's a 16 week ultrasound)

I stick the paper my mom gave me on the fridge hoping someone can give me ideas on what to name my nugget. "Alright kiddo I'm heading out." I hug her, "Okay mom I'll see you at Christmas dinner." "Keep my grandson safe." I smile as she leaves. Everyone slowly leaves. I convince Jake to leave with Paul. Sue and my dad head up to bed as Nessie stays downstairs with me. "You ever build a fort before." As she shakes her head I smile, "Alright kid I'ma about to show you your first sleepover."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249 0 7
Edward convinces his family to leave Forks after he breaks up with Bella to keep her safe. They don't argue, since mostly all of them loved her as we...
77.4K 1.9K 54
the daughter of Alice copper and the twin sister of betty falls for the king of the serpents
299K 3.7K 32
"Whose that?" Veronica asked pointing to the girl in a leather Serpent Jacket. "That's Natalie. The Serpent Princess" Joaquin Answered. "She's FP's...
38K 838 14
Ashley has no memory of Jasper or his family. So Jasper makes the decision to leave and allow her to have a normal human life. But what happens when...