The Delinquent and The Silent

By Emmie_Carmelo

A mute girl, Century, was living a cruel life in her guardian's custody. She was a victim of physical and men... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 35

1.5K 56 3
By Emmie_Carmelo

Chamelle sent me the map and some easy route heading to that bus stop. I grinned. She works fast.

"Got my delivery?" said Chamelle through my earpiece.

I pressed the button.

"We got track of Luke by the way"

How?

As if reading my mind, Chamelle responded "Big Shaq slipped it under Luke's car when you guys were at his garage"

Oh. Sneaky.

I shifted and felt my car getting faster. I'm nearing the hill. All the other cars are taking the same route that was flashed in the screen back at the dome. I couldn't thank my team enough for helping me find easier ways.

I shifted in low gear as I take the rocky road and shifted again when I got to a decent one.

"I'll let you see Luke's place, he's really fast too"

I swiped my screen to the left and sure enough Luke's getting closer to me. There are two ways towards the hill but it will merge just before some bridge. Currently, I'm taking the shorter route and I'm close to that bridge.

"Maintain your speed and you'll reach the bridge in 15 seconds" instructed Chamelle.

I counted.

10
11
12
13

I saw the bridge. Wooden bridge?!

Man, I pity the monster car earlier. It won't be able to pass through this. And worse, the bridge might break. I just hope Luke's not behind the monster car.

14
15

"You're through. You're leading, darlin"

Then I see fog. The fuck? I switched my fog lights on.

"You're running up the hill now. Fog's really bad. It will get worse as you go up"

I shifted in low gear again as I sensed my car's power fighting against the slope. Rain's bullshitting with me too along with the harsh wind.

"I'll get you a clearer view, wait"

Chamelle have this talent of being my auto driver. Times like this, I rely on her to gimme better view of the road.

I hit the brakes when I was off the road. There was a curve--sharp curve on the way and I was not able to anticipate it.

I proceeded with caution. Behind me, I can sense a company getting closer. Is it Luke?

I looked at my screen to check on Luke's position. He just passed through the bridge.

"The bridge got destroyed" announced Big Shaq. I'm guessing the monster car wrecked it? "Four can't cross now. Lucky for the driver in that big truck tho, he can pass through the river"

I frowned. The bridge was wrecked before that monster car can cross? Something's not right.

"Someone did it on purpose..." Big Shaq said after a couple of minutes.

Thought so. Dirty games.

I got on some flat terrain and I relaxed a bit. I accelerated to my car's limit and sustain. Few curves and I saw a steep area. It's really steep I need to decelerate.  I shifted and carefully climb up.

Fog's giving me zero visibility and I need Chamelle badly.

My screen beeped signaling that someone's close to me... really close. I glanced up my rear view mirror, I can see the car's flashes of light but I can't tell who is it.

I'm hoping it's Luke. With the bad fog and off road, I took a risk. I stopped my car on the curb, closed my lights and waited for the car to pass by me. I need some sort of guide in front of me.

The car's lights got brighter and I was almost sure he'll pass without him noticing me. Boy I was wrong. The car stopped. I recognized Gabby's car. Luke rolled his window down and I did the same.

"What's wrong?"

I grabbed my tablet and scribbled a big 'foggy' word.

He nodded. "Don's guiding me" he pointed at his dash. Three small screens are attached on it. I can see maps, satellite view, and some sort of warning flashed on those screens.

My Chamelle is Luke's Don. These guys never failed to amaze me.

I gave him a thumbs up.

"Three guys are helping each other, Cent. They put down that bridge." He warned.

Damn.

I signaled him to go ahead. "I need guide. Seems like you got clearer view of what's ahead"

He pursed his lips and nod. "Stay close" he said then rolled his windows up.

I pressed on the window button to get it rolling up then followed Luke. We didn't get far when my screen beeped again. Cars are close to me in an instant.

"Chamelle lost her signals" Big Shaq informed me.

Shiiit. How?

"You need to rely on Luke for a while. Something's wrong with our system. Be careful, Cent"

I scowled. Someone's messing with our signal.

For some reason, Luke decelerated and I did the same. What's wrong now?
I tried to focus ahead of us when a car bumped my rear. Wtf?!

I was bumped again. And then a car appeared beside me trying to get me out of the way. I fought for my spot outsmarting him when we reached a one way road. He crashed.

Luke honked. What does that even mean? I saw his hand waving. He wants me ahead of him?

I stepped on my gas, he moved to his right so I can pass through his left.

"Hi Cent. Im back. Here's your clearer view" Chamelle.

My screen was changed into a fogless and brighter way ahead of me. I didn't bother looking out my wind shield and focused on my screen.

I shifted pushing my car pass its limits.

"You guys are near the finish line. Five minutes"

I let out a sigh of relief but was cut when I heard a loud crash. Luke's fighting his way out of the two cars behind me. He's stuck in between.

"They're crashing Luke"

I hit my brake, reversed and shifted so I'm now facing them. I bumped one car to help Luke get back on his track. He bumped the other car then called out my name. "Cent, tara na! May baril sila!"

Oh wow.

I pulled my handbrake letting my car drift til Im facing Luke's rear again. We speed up .

"You're almost there. 1 minute!" I can hear desperation in Big Shaq'a voice.

I stopped breathing when I heard a gunshot. My side mirror was hit. Another gunshot and I noticed Luke's run was off. I'm sure he's not hit tho because none of his windows were broken. His tires... his tires were deflating. Fuck.

If he stopped, they won't kill him yeah? What if they will? Urgh!

"Twenty seconds Cent! Go on!"

Street lights are now in sight. One way ahead and I can't leave Luke behind me.

Luke honked. He's waving, signaling me to pass by him onto the one way ahead. Damn it. It's dangerous leaving him behind me.

Another gunshot. My window at the back shattered. My shoulder... the bullet was embedded in my shoulder.

Luke's car is slowly going for a stop. I still have some space to pass by his side but I need to get us out alive.

I bumped his rear sustaining my speed and pushed us both towards the finish line.

Continuous gunshot startled me and I have no idea whats their target. I just kept on stepping the gas, hard. Luke's nearing the finish line when my car crashed and rolled again and again.

I know I'm about to lose my conscious but I caught a sight of Luke's car. He's past the finish line. I smiled.

My mind went black after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 149 42
Pano mo ipaglalaban ang pag-ibig mo.. kung yung mismong taong iniibig mo, hindi ikaw ang gusto? Gagwin mo ba ang lahat, magustuhan ka lang nya? Kwent...
325M 6.7M 94
[BAD BOY 1] Gusto ko lang naman ng simpleng buhay; tahimik at malayo sa gulo. Kaso isang araw... nagbago ang lahat. Inspired by Boys Over Flowers.
8.5K 298 62
PYROMANIA py·ro·ma·nia\ˌpī-rō-ˈmā-nē-ə, -nyə\ noun : an irresistible impulse to start fires _________________________________________ Mercedes Irving...
MY JANUARY By aiaee

Teen Fiction

3.6K 536 53
|| C O M P L E T E D || Dear Enero, Parang awa mo na maging mabait ka naman sakin! Sobra mong pinapagulo ang pagkatao ko. Ano bang ginawa ng kagandah...