The Ebb & The Flow (Boy x Boy)

Galing kay PleasantMajority

A slice of life? A coming of age? This story follows two teens Wyatt, a seemingly mute boy. And River, your a... Higit pa

Chapter 1: The Flow
Chapter 2: The Ebb
Chapter 3: Head in the clouds
Chapter 4: Lover Boy
Chapter 5: 24/7/365
Chapter 7: Orpheus
Chapter 8: If Only
Chapter 9: Barricades
Chapter 10: Sunny Side
Chapter 11: Teenage Blue
Chapter 12: Puchito
Chapter 13: Apollo
Chapter 14: Firsts For Everything
Chapter 15: The Shadows
Chapter 16: My Heart and My Car
Chapter 17: Warned You
Chapter 18: Lover
Chapter 19: I Love You So
Chapter 20: Unbothered
Chapter 21: Sweet Marie
Chapter 22: Bad Girl
Chapter 23: One Last Time
Teasers: Only In The Dark
Q&A

Chapter 6: Sweet Like Candy

2 0 0
Galing kay PleasantMajority

A/N: So I think i'll be doing something a bit different in the notes for some more engagement. I'll ask a question for you guys! Leave your answers in the comments or dm me. I read all my dms and comments; whenever I get them lol. I'll even answer the question too so you all can learn a bit more about the guy that is PleasantMajority!

***************

River:

        I took a sip of my milkshake as the buzzing crowd around the food court almost deafened me. I was out shopping for new clothes with Joshua as he said I dressed like an old man.

"I seriously don't think what I wear has an effect. I'm a tall potato." I huffed as my best friend was going on about ways to boost my confidence. It was the weekend of the first week of school. And me and Joshua found ourselves going to the mall outside of town.

"He dresses really well. He might appreciate some style on a man." Joshua urged.

"We don't even know if he's gay too." I huffed, slumping down in my chair.

      We studied over at my place yesterday. And it was literally just that. He didn't even flirt like he'd usually do. And needless to say I was starting to feel like this crush would be just like all my others.

"What straight guy wears shorts that scandalously short?" Joshua challenged.

"I've literally seen you wear swimtrunks just as short." I quipped back in return.

"Fair point." He hummed, seeming to be going back to the drawing board.

"Its going to get cold soon. So we're pulling out something aggressive to amplify what you've already got. You might just attract some female attention though." He said thoughtfully after he balled up his burger wrapper.

"And what did you have in mind?" I asked, genuinely curious as we were already having trouble finding something that was both long enough for my tall frame. Yet wasn't too big to where it swallowed me whole.

"Grey sweatpants. A man's best friend aside from dogs of course." He replied, a devious grin on his lips.

"I..." I began, my voice trailing off.

"Draw in his attention with your greatest asset?" He asked innocently, wiggling his eyebrows with a goofy grin.

"You're really starting to make me insecure about my penis." I huffed.

"Its beautiful. No homo. Fuck it. I'm envious." He rambled as he actually got me laughing.

      Suddenly he snorted and I turned around in the direction he was looking. I choked on my shake as I saw Wyatt walking beside another older man.

"Go get your lanky ass over there. I'll be a text away." Joshua urged hurriedly.

"You suck." I replied, feeling too nervous to get up. They entered a Forever 21 across the way, my heart racing all the same.

"Just look natural. Like oh my gosh funny seeing you here. But not exactly like that you know." As he gathered me up and began pushing me off.

      He wouldn't leave me a choice. I took some comforting sips of my strawberry milkshake before shakily making my way into the store. With my height I spotted the taller older man Wyatt was with. I walked around, feeling like a total creep. I lost sight of them, turning onto an aisle of shoes and coming face to face with them. I was a nervous wreck as his eyes met mine.

"H-hey Wyatt." I stammered.

      The man beside him looked a little lost as he and Wyatt gave me nearly identical waves.

"I take it you're River? You two studied yesterday? I'm Wyatt's dad." The man beside Wyatt greeted as I felt my hands grow clammy just in time for a handshake. It felt scandalous to think, but I saw where Wyatt got his looks from. Both were even close in height and size.

"Y-yeah." I replied.

"You're the sheriff's son right? I haven't seen you since you were little." He chuckled.

"Sure am." I said, fighting to calm my nerves.

"So what are you guys here for?" I asked, managing to calm down.

"A gift for Sherri's birthday." Wyatt spoke softly, taking both me and his father by surprise.

      He did look anxious and I assumed he hadn't had his notepad in the company of his father.

"What brings you here today?" His father asked, seemingly in place of Wyatt.

"Clothes shopping." I replied.

     I heard a soft curse leave Wyatt's father as he looked down at his phone.

"I've got a new patient that just came into the E.R. Wyatt. I'll call a ride there and you can take my car home?" He said as he turned to his son that just gave him a smile and a nod as he was handed off keys as his father rushed off, leaving us alone.

      Wyatt looked a little uneasy in my presence. It didn't take me long to figure out that he might feel pressured to talk now.

"We can just text." I said, taking a sip of my milkshake as he shot me a grateful look as we began making our way through the store.

      All the while I did my typical stealing glances. I noticed him licking on a rainbow colored popsicle. My hormonal mind wasted no time going to the raunchiest of places as I shuddered a bit as he paused on an aisle, crouching down. I just watched him as I felt my heart hammering in my chest. He picked up a pretty phone case, silently carrying it along with him to the counter. I guessed I caught the attention of the girl behind the counter as she'd been eyeing me pretty intensely. Girls outside of our small town found me attractive because of my height. If they were like the girls back home they'd ignore me or even harass me because of my sexuality. Saying nasty things about how I was a waste of a man. I just kind of awkwardly smiled back as I was somehow able to hold onto her eye contact.

"You two have a great day." She'd said after Wyatt had paid for the phone case. He took out his phone, texting something. I didn't want to pry so I just waited again. That was until I got a notification on my phone.

"Are you here by yourself?" The text read

"Here with Joshua." I replied.

       He went about typing again as I just stared at him in awe. There was no way someone could be this attractive right? Maybe I was imagining things.

"Where is he? I could help you shop if you want." His text read as my heart began racing at the prospect of Wyatt getting sneak peaks of what I was supposed to surprise him with.

       I quickly took out my phone, texting Joshua to find out where he was before texting Wyatt. If I were shorter than him he'd be able to see how I'd affectionately added hearts to his contact in my phone. I got a text from Joshua ad I heard him shout for our attention just ahead of us. He wore a goofy grin as he ran at us.

"Hey best friend!" He practically screeched, ignoring me and pulling Wyatt into a crippling hug.

      Wyatt rolled his eyes and didn't seem bothered by the unwarranted touching.

"And Mr. Baseball bat." Joshua tacked on, tapping into a one-sided inside joke.

"What is it? Get in the car loser we're going shopping?" He'd asked, getting arguably the most popular Mean Girls reference right.

      He caused Wyatt to roll his eyes once again. And I couldn't help but do the same.

"We're in a mall." I huffed.

"Always so literal." Joshua argued, grasping both me and Wyatt by the hand and leading us behind him.

      We'd entered a store, Joshua looking around like a madman.

"Wyatt mind helping me pick out some clothes for this giant? You seem fashionable." Joshua suddenly asked Wyatt who looked a little shocked in the most adorable of ways.

     He however did give a slow nod in response.

"Okay good. Wait for us at the dressing room?" Joshua said, finalizing things with a clap.

      I wasn't even left time to think when I was just left alone in the store. I heaved a sigh, heading further in and eventually finding the dressing rooms where some others were milling around. The dressing rooms were right across from the men's section. So I got to look at Wyatt at least. He seemed to float around, doing the bulk of clothing selecting. Though I did see Joshua pick up those grey sweatpants he'd wanted me in. That might be a problem as I was wearing boxers today; something I realized I might have to stop doing when I could see Wyatt at pretty much any time it seemed. I seriously wondered if I even had a chance. Sure he'd flirted before. But that could all just be for the sake of teasing. I wondered if I wore something he'd found aesthetically pleasing I'd catch his attention more. I was carried out of my stupor when Joshua and Wyatt approached, clothes in hand. Luckily Joshua said he'd help pay for some of the clothes while I paid for some too. Something about wanting me to save money to take Wyatt on dates. I'd mow lawns for money over the summer. Hard work sometimes. But people payed well usually.

      Wyatt handed me over the clothes as he typed something out on his phone. He flipped it over to face me, brown eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Wear the clothes. Don't let them wear you." The note on his phone read.

"I want you to try this on first." Joshua smiled, handing me over a simple black tee and those sweatpants.

"O-okay." I replied, getting up jerkily and heading off into a changing room.

       I stripped off my clothes, more questions coming to pertaining Wyatt coming to mind. If we did become a thing would we even be sexually compatible? I couldn't bottom for trauma reasons. Would he be okay with that? I shook my head, dismissing those thoughts and pulled on Joshua's outfit first. When I pulled up the sweatpants over my boxers I realized how right he was. They left little to imagination downstairs as there was a noticeable bulge in the loose heather grey fabric. I instantly felt insecure so I'd stuff my hands into my pockets and stepped out. Joshua noticed my attempt at modesty and smacked my hands from my pockets revealing me as a whole.

"Give us a turn." He smiled. Luckily Wyatt was busy looking at his phone. Though when his eyes flitted up for a moment I swear he gave me a thorough double-take. 

"Nice and comfy right?" Joshua asked when I turned back to face them, stuffing my hands in those pockets once more.

      It really was. It beat wearing basic jeans or cargo shorts so often. Joshua hated my sense of style or lack of. But it was practical nonetheless. Though this outfit despite the display I'd put on if I removed my hands from my pockets it was really comfortable. Wyatt adjusted his glasses, seemingly waiting and excited for me to try on the outfits he'd picked out. There was two that he'd picked. I gave them a nod before heading back into the changing room. I took off the outfit Joshua had picked out, putting the articles of clothing back on their respective hangers. I took up one outfit. A simple salmon pink tee-shirt and a pair of light wash jeans and a nice faux leather belt. It honestly looked like something i'd normally wear; albeit a different color pallet.

      I quickly dressed, securing the belt as I stepped out. The moment I did Wyatt looked at me expectantly before shaking his head no with an amused smile. He stepped forward and closed the space between us quietly. I stared over his head at Joshua who had this knowing look on his face. Suddenly Wyatt lifted up the shirt and undid my belt and dropped the fly of my pants, confusing, shocking, and arousing me all at the same time. I practically screamed at Joshua for help with my eyes. Though all he did was mouth 'let it happen'. Wyatt looked up at me sheepishly as he moved around my body tucking the shirt into my pants, refastening the belt after he re-zipped my fly. It was all pretty normal as he methodically went about adjusting my outfit. He then bent down right in front of me just making it harder and harder for me to contain myself as these jeans felt to be growing tighter by the second. All the while Joshua looked like he'd won a million dollars. I looked down at Wyatt as he cuffed the hems of my pants and I found myself wearing an outfit that looked very much similar to the one he was wearing.

     He pulled me into a mirror beside him, studying my reflection. Though he didn't seem to be done as he reached for my hair, growing frustrated  as he didn't have the height needed to accomplish that task. He instead stepped onto a bench beside me to gain the height, running his fingers through my loosely curled dark brown hair, creating some uniformity. And when I finally took myself in I looked like a totally different person. Now I understood what he meant by wearing the clothes. He looked proud of himself as he hopped down from the bench, a proud grin on his plump lips.

"Now that's a stylist. What are you going to college for again?" Joshua asked, seeming to be in just as much awe as I was in.

     Wyatt simply rolled his eyes as I was sent off again into the changing room for the final outfit. This other outfit was composed of a black bomber jacket, a white t-shirt, and some black jeans. I quickly put everything on, looking myself over in the mirror. I zipped up the jacket and tried my best to cuff the pants just like he'd done just minutes ago. After I was done I stepped out. The moment I did Wyatt scanned my body. He stepped forward once more, reaching for the zipper and unzipping the jacket. He crouched down before me again, uncuffing the pants before he stood up before me again.

      He typed on his phone for a bit, turning it to face me.

"Less is more sometimes." The text read as he smirked at me, seeming impressed with his work.

"This guy needs to become my personal stylist." Joshua commented, seeming amazed.

     Wyatt playfully punched him in the arm.

"I can pay for the outfits I picked. If you liked them." A text Wyatt had typed out read.

"I-I love them." I stammered, wishing I could speak clearly for once around him. 

       He responded with an excited clap. I liked the outfits for a few reasons. My therapist had encouraged me to try new things anyway. They looked nice on me. And in addition to that Wyatt had picked them out himself.

"I've got the outfit I picked then." Josh chimed in as I entered the dressing room.

"I'll buy the shoes then." I huffed, not quite wanting them to pay for everything.

"Whatever," Joshua fired back.

      I quickly got dressed into my original clothes, seeing the stark contrast. The outfits picked out for me were an obvious change. Had I come alone like I planned on I would have probably picked something similar to what i'd normally wear. I exited, handing Wyatt the outfits he'd picked out. And Joshua the outfit he'd picked. They walked ahead of me to the counter, both going about purchasing my new clothes. Clothes and shoes that fit me were hard to come by with my height and thinness. They seldom sold shoes large enough for my feet as they were pretty proportionate with my height.

      We'd left as I was stuck holding the bags as Wyatt took the lead through the mall. And eventually we'd entered a shoe store. Wyatt instantly left us, not waiting for Joshua. By the time me and Joshua had caught up he'd had four boxes of shoes balanced in his arms. Upon closer inspection they were two pairs of two different shoes. And upon even further inspection i'd seen they were two different sizes.

      He had a brow cocked expectantly at me.

"I wear a size 13." I replied, surprised his guesses were this close. He then handed me off one set of boxes, walking back off with the others.

"Did you tell him my shoe size?" I asked.

"Nah. He's just got it like that I guess." Joshua shrugged, staring off after him in amazement.

       I went about trying on the shoes, both seeming to be aimed at either outfit. One was a weird sneaker and the other was a kind of black boot i'd never consider wearing. Both fit pretty well. The sneakers gave me a little more height which was something new. They were different. And once again picked up Wyatt. I'd already liked them but that just sweetened the deal. Wyatt looked to me expectantly, seeming to be waiting for my opinion.

"I like them." I replied, surprisingly not stammering for once.

      He began typing on his phone, turning it to face me.

"If you don't like them you can say so. I won't be offended." The text read, while Joshua watched our exchange with interest.

"I really do." I replied, adding another nod.

"Side note. I have to get my brother from t-ball practice." Joshua said suddenly.

"Do you mind giving River a ride back home? I heard you two live on the same street." Joshua had asked, Wyatt just waving him off.

"We can leave at the same time. I left my camera in your car." I told Joshua before he'd rushed off.

"Alrighty then." Joshua smiled, seeming to have a devious idea in mind.

      Wyatt silently insisted on paying for the most expensive pair of shoes, leaving the other for me to pay for. And with that our trio headed for the parking garage. Joshua heaved a sigh of relief as he had a little skip to his step as his eyes landed on his old Chevy Blazer. It was his pride and joy. It wasn't in the best shape but he treated it like a million dollar vehicle. He unlocked it and handed me my camera bag.

"This is farewell. Want me to walk you guys to your car?" Joshua asked.

      Wyatt rolled his eyes and pointed to a nice looking electric car literally a row away from Josh's car.

"Now that's nice." Joshua grinned.

      Wyatt typed something into his phone, flipping it towards me and Joshua.

"Its my dad's. Not mine." The text read with a sheepish smile on his lips.

"Alright. See you two at school tomorrow?" Josh asked, extending his arms as he pulled me and Wyatt into a quick hug.

      We bid our farewells as I followed behind Wyatt as we headed for our ride. The car came to life as the tailgate opened up, Wyatt tossing some of the bags he'd had in the trunk. I did the same while I noticed him unplugging the car from a charger. I wasn't a car guy per-say. But this was in fact a nice car. I had some trouble figuring out the handle but eventually worked it out slipping into the car beside Wyatt while he buckled his seatbelt. I quickly did the same; my heart beginning to race in the close proximity.

      So I opted for a distraction so I didn't embarrass myself. I turned on my camera, going through some pictures i'd taken on my way to the mall today. Though Wyatt had other ideas.

"I-I didn't know you were into photography." He spoke, taking me by surprise.

       He sounded nervous sure. But he spoke to me. Every time he did I felt special.

"Y-yeah." I stammered.

"You should show me your pictures sometime." He replied as I looked over at him.

      He seemed to be thrumming his thumb atop the steering wheel in an attempt to calm himself. It wasn't perfect on his end. But he seemed to be trying. Which in turn made my heart pound even harder as I potentially overthought everything.

"Why not today?" I replied, not realizing what i'd said until I said it.

"Sure." He said simply with a shrug.

       He hadn't talked at all when we were over at my place studying. It was more so him physically working out problems while I watched. Not the best method but I just wanted an excuse to spend time with him. If we'd got back by the time I thought we'd make it my dad would be gone. We weren't alone last time either. This could either be the best day of my life or the worst.

*****************

A/N: So we see Wyatt speaking to River more. Selective mutism is a funny thing. When I was younger there was this set of people I could speak to really easily. Though I could only comfortably speak to them in certain places. That followed me up  We see something similar with Wyatt only speaking in certain environments! Pointless to say but I just thought it was interesting!

Question: What's your favorite song?

Answer: My current favorite is Work for You By Medasin (Feat. Kaz Moon).

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

53.8K 1.7K 72
Sebastian has been through a lot after realizing that he was gay. His parents took it in stride but his school and town were less than friendly about...
1.9K 61 21
What happens when two young friends are forced into each others lives? This is the story of Joseph Fuller and Tyler Lhant. The two boys have known...
312 14 7
MATURE CONTENT This book is intended for 18 and older The boys' relationship is growing closer as their summer of freedom comes to an end. Real life...
10.5K 145 27
All six of the boys manage to survive and work together to kill the Grabber. They met as mostly strangers but left as friends who bled together. Finn...