Fire Nation: The Selection

Galing kay Xxrscxx

When Prince Zuko fails to capture the avatar but was able to return home when informing the Fire Lord. His un... Higit pa

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty-Two
Epilogue

Twenty-Three

2K 87 22
Galing kay Xxrscxx

"Katara, your hair would look lovely like this," Zhilan commented as her finger brushed softly as Katara had her natural hair down as it was wavy. She had a half knot styled as the knot had a golden rim around to secure her hairstyle.

Katara looked at the mirror as it was something different, she knew that the style was common here in the Fire Nation expect many girls had straight thin hair whereas her was poofy, "Looks lovely Zhilan," She commented as she got up and headed to her wardrobe,"What kind of dress do you suggest?" She questioned the older women as her eyes sparkled in amazement.

"I made these two similar ones awhile back, and one is in the color blue and the other one red," Zhilan explained as she was ready to take out the blue dress.

Katara thought about it as she stopped her, "I will wear the red one for tonight," She explained as she had wanted to match the prince and make Zhilan happy.

The servant was surprised but didn't hesitate to help her put it on, "If you don't mind me asking, why red?" She asked as she helped put the skirt on.

"I guess, I'll let Zuko win this one time," Katara teased as the older women laughed as she tied the back of the skirt. The long skirt draped on her body as there was a small tail making it elegant. It was a two piece as the top was designed with a lot of gold and jewelry that also show case a bit of her stomach.

Zhilan moved around as she tied a few ribbons from the back before she turned to face the girl, "Do you plan to wear the necklace?" She pointed at the blue necklace that belonged to her Gran Gran. Katara shook her head as she wanted to keep it safe in her room.

"I think it's best it stays here also since it doesn't really match my dress," She explained as the women nodded in agreement. Zhilan helped her with a few touches as the door opened slightly.

"Is Katara ready?" Peng questioned as his voice was heard from the small creak. Zhilan responded as she guided him to walk inside the room. The two exchanged a soft peck before he turned to face the maiden, "I will be the one to escort you to the ball," He informed as Katara nodded,

"Will you two be there?" Katara questioned as Zhilan shook her head.

"Peng and I are going to catch up on some things in the kitchen along with the other servants," She explained as Katara nodded. She gave the women a hug before she left with the guard.

"Have you seen Zuko?" Katara asked the guard as he shook his head.

"I believed he was running around taking care of a few things with the General," He answered as the maiden nodded. The two walked alongside in the halls as Katara looked around. She loved seeing the paintings of the prince. There were many portraits of him being a small kid.

"I bet the prince will be happy to see you," Peng teased as he also was aware of their relationship. It wasn't surprising since Zhilan could of been the one to tell him, and it didn't bother her since he was Zhilan's husband

Katara slightly laughed as they entered into the grand room where it was decorated nicely and filled with a lot of teenagers. She looked around hoping to find the prince, but found Suki with Sokka. She excused herself from Peng as she made her way to the two.

As she got closer, she was stopped by a guy. A pale teenager with black shaggy hair. He was very tall and lean wearing a black outfit, "Do you need something?" Katara questioned as she was growing impatient.

"I just wanted to ask you if you want to hang for a bit," The guy answered honestly as Katara felt uneasy. It would be rude to decline, she thought to herself.

"She wouldn't be able to cause she's going to be by my side," She heard a familiar voice as she turned around and saw the prince. He had grabbed Katara's hand as she blushed due to the fact that they were in public.

The guy raised his brow before heading off elsewhere, "Someone was jealous," Katara teased as she looked at the prince.

Zuko wasn't paying attention to her remark as he was busy looking at her appearance. She was wearing the color red, "You look beautiful with this color," He pointed at the silk fabric as she smiled, "What made you want to wear it?" He questioned.

She looked at his outfit as she was correct, he was wearing a black attire with red and gold lining, "I wanted to make you happy by wearing your colors," She explained as he nodded.

"Let's dance," He stated as he led her to the floor. The two embraced one another while she saw many heads turning her way. She felt shy and turned stiff in a matter of few seconds.  The prince noticed as he leaned closer towards her ear, "Don't be shy, I'm right here,"

Katara felt at ease as she heard his words. She managed to take a small breath as she continued to dance with the prince, "I never thought you would be so public about our relationship," She admitted.

"I know, but tomorrow you will be announced as my bride in the kingdom. And, most of the girls already know about how I feel towards you," He motioned to the left side where Varo and Suki were clapping excitedly even Mai was with them as she looked at Katara. The two made eye contact as the waterbender saw how she slowly nodded at her direction.

She was confused but sent her a genuine smile before she returned her attention to the prince. They danced for a while before they stopped and decided to head to Sokka and Suki's direction.

Katara approached them as she noticed they were talking to two other teenagers. The girl standing next to the guy was really pretty. She had long black hair that was pinned back and was wearing a light green shade attire that matched the color of her eyes.

The waterbender noticed that she was barefoot, and was curious on why, "Hello," She greeted her friends, grabbing the two's attention. She looked over at the boy before her eyes widen. He gave her a smile before he looked over at the girl next to him.

The prince introduced himself to the two as he welcomed them, "I really do hope you are enjoying this ball," He stated as the boy nodded.

"I have to thank you for allowing us to come, we aren't from here to be exact," He explained as Aang looked different since she had last seen him. For starters, he had hair that covered his symbol on his head.

Zuko nodded, "You look very familiar, have we met before?" He asked as everywhere grew weary of that question. The girl stepped into the conversation.

"No, you couldn't have known us since we come from a village in Ba Sing Se, and recently we began to travel, and I'm Toph," She introduced herself as she did a courtesy.

"That makes sense," He reasoned out as he turned at the sudden call of his name. He looked over and spotted his uncle, "Katara, I'll go see what my uncle needs. I'll be right back," He informed her as he gave her a small peck on her cheek before leaving.

Suki smirked, "I see you got the prince all whipped for you," She teased as the waterbender blushed, "Or you both are whipped for one another,"

Aang looked at her confused, "Katara? Can I talk to you alone for a minute?" He asked as she nodded. The two headed outside where Toph excused herself in hopes of Aang being okay with the sudden news he will receive.

The avatar turned to face the girl that he fell in love in, "When do you plan to dump Zuko?" He questioned as her eyes widened at those words.

Katara shook her head, "I'm not going to dump him," She made clear as he crossed his arms.

"You said you were only using him to gather information about the FireLord, you even reassured me that you wouldn't fall inlove with the prince," He began to ramble as she was slowly growing impatient.

She waited for him to finish before she started, "Aang, you lied to me about the prince. You said he was some evil and selfish being when in reality he's not," She defended the prince as his eyebrows furrowed in anger.

"He tried to kill me!" He exclaimed.

"I spent almost two months with him and he isn't capable of killing anyone. He's lost and confused on what side of this war he should be on. I believe if we help him out, he could be with us and most importantly be your firebender teacher," She reasoned as he shook his head in disproval.

"Zuko will never be my firebender teacher," He stated clear as she screamed, annoyed by his attitude.

"Aang, stop being so selfish. If you ever want to stop this war you need to learn how to FireBend," She stated as she turned around ready to leave.

"So, you do plan to marry Zuko? Does he even know who you actually are? You really think he's going to forgive you for using him?" He questioned the waterbender as she left without saying another word.

Toph entered as she felt the waterbender leave. She crossed her arms and was disappointed in the avatar, "You really took it that far," She stated as he looked up at her.

"I know Zuko won't forgive her for lying,"

"That doesn't matter Aang!" Toph shouted, scaring the avatar as he didn't expect her to yell, "Katara is inlove with the prince, and he is too. You should be happy for her because if you really love her you will want her to be happy. And, how do you expect your relationship with Katara to even work out? If her and Zuko were to be over, she's not going to run to you," She made clear it as he sighed knowing it was all true.

Katara never once saw him anything else then a younger brother, "I'll have to apologize to her," He admitted. He looked at Toph as the bright moon made her shine in the dark, "Thank you for everything," He smiled at the girl, knowing that she will feel it regardless of his vision.

Meanwhile, as Katara was heading inside, she was stopped by Mai. The waterbender looked at the girl confused before she spoke, "Do you need something?" She asked.

Mai shook her head, "I just wanted to say that I hope you and Zuko live a happy life together," She admitted.

Katara was really confused of her sudden words but nodded, "Thank you Mai, but why are you telling me this?" She asked as the older teenager shook her head.

She looked around as her eyes stopped at a certain part of the room. Katara followed her and glanced as she noticed it was the prince talking to his uncle. The two were laughing and enjoying the ball, "I always knew deep down that Zuko and I weren't for each other. I did always liked him when we were little but as I befriended his sister I knew that it wouldn't work out. You know how Azula is, she's corrupt and had Ty Lee and I join as her puppets. I know you been looking for this kind of information and I'm willing to tell you everything because after today, the kingdom won't hear from me again," She ended her thought as Katara looked at the skilled warrior.

"Mai, you don't have to leave the kingdom. You are such a great person. You helped me before in those lessons when you didn't have to. I honestly felt we could of been friends," Katara explained as the girl remained silent.

"Fearing Azula is what brought me to join in this selection. Zuko always knew that he wouldn't pick me because of Azula. He also knew that I couldn't be sent home because of the FireLord. After the prince met you, he's been different. He seems more happy and not as much confused. Anyone can see how lost he was when this started back a while ago, but seeing you two dance and the way he looks at you demonstrates that he will do anything for you,"

Katara blushed at the sudden turn that their conversation had went off too. She looked back at Mai, and noticed that she was looking back at her, "Thank you, Mai, I see why Varo admires you so much," She exclaimed as the warrior clearly forgot about the younger girl.

"If Varo ever asks about my whereabouts, hand her this," She extended out a letter, "Give her this when I'm gone," She made clear before she turned and walked away.

The prince saw from a distant that they were talking, and he informed his uncle that he was going to get Katara. He walked towards as she looked deep in thought, "Were you and Mai talking?" He asked as she shook her thoughts away and looked at the prince.

"Yeah, she wished us luck," She answered as the Prince smiled.

"Told you she always comes around," He teased as she giggled. She followed the prince as he linked his arm with hers. He guided her back to his uncle, who had wanted to talk to the girl that stole his heart.

Katara greeted the old man, "Are you enjoying the event?" He asked her as she nodded.

"Yeah, it's been fun and I even talked to a few people who I didn't expect would approach me," She explained as the general nodded.

The prince offered to get them tea as he gestured Katara to take a seat. He left and headed inside the kitchen, "My boy really loves you," Iroh started off as he wanted to hear her reaction.

She smiled upon hearing those words, "And, I love him too. To be honest, I never thought I would fall for the prince because he seem so different back when the selection started, but I got to know him and days went passing by those feelings were just growing," She explained as he smiled.

"My Zuko would occasionally bring you up in our conversation. He always talked about how you were different from the other girls, and I always asked him why. He never exactly knew the answer, but felt it in his gut. And, that's when I told him, to keep going after you til he reaches his answer," He explained.

Katara listened intently as she felt bad once more about her true identity, "General, can I tell you something?" She asked unsure whether she should tell him or not.

"Call me Uncle Iroh, and of course. Was is it that bothers you?" He asked.

The waterbender looked around as everyone was occupied dancing and having fun. She knew if she told him here that not much will hear it. Katara took a deep breath, "I don't know if you would want me to call you that after I tell you. I am the waterbender that traveled with the avatar. I came into this selection looking for information about the FireLord. To end his regime, but I got nothing done as I was distracted with Zuko. I even told myself that I shouldn't be doing this because I don't want to hurt him since I really do love him, but now I don't know what to do," She rambled as the old man got up and gave her a hug.

"It's okay, Katara," He assured her as she felt calm from his embrace. She was surprised from his action that she looked at the old man in disbelief.

"I understand your position, and I know you truly love my nephew. If you didn't, you wouldn't had told me any of this child. I do believe that you are the one that will push him to the good side. Like you said he was different, and still confused on what side he should join." He explained as he released the waterbender.

"Sorry that took long," Zuko walked into with a tray as he saw Katara eyes's were somewhat red and he looked concerned. He placed down the tray and walked towards her, "Kat? Are you alright?" He asked.

Katara nodded as she looked away, "I'm just tired that's  all," She explained, touching her cheek. The prince looked at his uncle as he too had a concern look.

His uncle gave her another hug, "I think it's best you rest now," He reassured the girl as he pulled away and looked to his nephew, "You both can leave, I'll take care of everyone going home in a couple minutes since it's getting late," Iroh explained.

Zuko nodded, "Yeah, but I want to make a quick announcement," he stated as he grabbed her hand and led her to the center of the room. He even managed to get the music to stop playing as all heads turned to their direction.

"Usually, this isn't the place to make such an announcement, but Katara I wanted to say a few things to you," He started as she looked at the prince confused. Her head couldn't process much after what she told Iroh, "These past weeks I truly fell inlove with you, and we both know I choose you," He chuckled awkwardly as he pulled a box from his pocket, "And, I made this— well got this made for you," He explained as he handed her the box.

Katara looked at the red shining box. It couldn't be a ring since the box was too big for such a small jewelry. She opened it and saw it was a necklace similar to her Gran Gran. She gasped at the detail put into the carvings.

Many people awed at their moment as she traced the pale blue with gold rims. She even noticed a few fire nation symbols, "I really hope you accept this," He stated as Katara nodded happily feeling tears emerge from her eyes.

He took out the necklace as he went behind her. Katara moved her hair out of the way as he held it around her neck as he clipped it on her. He moved her wavy curls back as she turned around and hugged him.

Their friends and fellow peers cheered for the two as so did Iroh who knew all along what his nephew had planned. He knew that it was bright to announce here, so when they returned the FireLord had no say in it.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

107K 4.1K 55
This is the second book of ATLA. So if you haven't read the first one, please do so... or you're going to get confused. Description: After succeedin...
85.8K 1.8K 19
Aang and Katara are ready to start their long awaited relationship (by everyone) But through all their family like bonding, is it actual love they fe...
6.2K 174 16
If I could officially write a canon story that would allow Zukka to happen it would be this one and it takes place right after the comics. The New Oz...
62.4K 1.5K 70
Aang's reluctance to take Ozai's life has lasting consequences for the friends he leaves behind. Lovers, Zuko and Katara must flee the capital and ma...