Handcuffs {Pidge X Allura}{Po...

De Ticcy-Reader

The law. A trivial and fragile thing. Yet a necessary part of our lives. Allura has even dedicated her life t... Mais

Bar Break
Update

On The Job

280 7 0
De Ticcy-Reader

(Hey dudes, 'suh. I wrote this b/c the ship is underrated and cute and it's currently pride month. Hope you enjoy! :D)

(P.S.- The fanart is just there to give you content. I don't own it, and it has nothing to do with the story)

Color. Visions. Flowers. Swirling sky and a moving ground and pinks and blues and pastels. Happiness and joy and inspiration filling Allura in a sweeping rush. Sweet smells and tastes tickled  her nose and mouth, leaving for full while yearning for more at the same time.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

All of the sensations left Allura as she opened her eyes, immediately seeing the blaring red numbers on her alarm clock. Sliding out of the bed to keep herself awake, the young woman stood up before turning off her alarm clock.

She stretches, shaking the remaining slumber from her body. With a small groan, Allura opens her closet and grabs her outfit for the day. In little time, she is leaving her room, garbed in black jeans, a dri-fit blue Nike shirt, with her standard female police crop-top over it.

As she reaches the kitchen, wrapping her silver-dyed hair up in a bun, she opens one of the drawers with her foot. When her hands are once again free, Allura reaches into the drawer and pulls out her golden police badge. With obvious pride, she pins it to the crop-top. Even though no one was here to witness, doing this every morning was always a good reminder of all of the work she had put into her life up to this point.

After the moment had ended, she grabbed her pre-made smoothie from the fridge, pulling her keys off of their Star-Wars themed nick-knack as she ran out the door. 

Parked in the driveway, there was Allura's silver mini cooper. She smiled at the familiar sight of her car, which always left a friendly, comforting aura. Unlocking the car, she got in and set the GPS for the local police station.

*                                                                                              *                                                                                                  *

It wasn't unbearably long before she finally got there. Only fifteen minutes, and the drive was only even that long because traffic had happened to fall into her route. Allura parked the car near one of the orange trees planted around the building's perimeter, then picked up her trash leftover from breakfast, and locked the vehicle.

Walking around the small strip of grass and trees, Allura follows the sidewalk around to the front of the building, disposing of the empty smoothie cup just before walking through the door. 

The station was busy, like usual. Handcuffed men sat in plastic chairs, and other officers drank coffee and ate donuts while browsing case files. Well used to this controlled chaos,  Allura walked and shuffled her way around the building, heading to the room where she would be put on duty for the day.

After finally dancing her way around other people, the young officer slid into the assignment room, sitting down and waiting to be selected. Despite having to navigate the building, she was actually one of the first people there. To be fair, most of the rest of the officers had to work their way around the poor architecture as well, and they didn't have three years of work experience.

She wasn't exactly complaining, anyway. She had gotten the window seat, which meant that Allura could watch the fog swirl away into crisp, blue, air as the other officers filed in and took their own sears. 

It almost felt like no time had passed since she had rolled up in her car when the chief was asking for attention.

One by one, each assignment was passed out, and the only recently filled chairs were once again emptied out. Finally only Allura and two other people were left without a direct task for the day. "Allura Nebulus! Your assignment for the day...". The chief paused, as if considering something for a second. "You've got a missing case on your hands. The suspected kidnapper got away, and more info is in the case file".

Allura perked up with interest, before standing up and taking the case file from the chief. Fascinated, she opened the file as the young cop strode to her office. The case had been called 'Case Kerberos'. On a forest trip, three people named Samuel Holt, Matt Holt, and Takashi Shirogane had suddenly gone missing. After three months of wild investigation, the detectives had charged the daughter of Samuel and brother of Matt. Her name was Katie Holt, and she was apparently quite the intelligent little devil. The convict had escaped from the building she had been held in, and was still on the run. That had been a year ago. Apparently this case was nowhere near new, it was just the first time that it had finally gotten around to their police department. 

Allura was still puzzling over the case when she got back to her office, standing outside the door she herself had painstakingly polished. Sighing happily, she walked in, fully embracing the feeling of warmth and familiarity, her one oasis in this hellish concrete building.

Her office was a small room, only about 5 x 7, but Allura had the special touch with interior design to somehow magnify the size. There was a mahogany desk in the corner opposite the door, with a leather desk chair. In-wall bookshelves lined the wall opposite the one you walked in, the pattern only broken by two small windows that were jammed in-between the numerous novels. A red rug was laid on the floor, taking up all the space from the door to the desk. There was a small chair in the corner, with Allura's paintings and diplomas on  the wall next to it. To Allura's surprise and confusion, the usually empty chair was actually filled this morning.

"Hunk!" She exclaimed, her voice a mixture of surprise, excitement, and nervousness. Hunk usually asked her to come to his office, met her in the lobby or texted over phone. When the male put effort into actually visiting her, it meant serious business. 

"Hey 'llura!" Hunk said, looking more disheveled in usual.  He was never neat, but now he was bordering on downright unclean. Dark hair was falling way past his yellow headband, and the lucky green and gold jacket he usually sported was covered in wrinkles. To top it off, bags hung below his eyes, blending into Hunk's already dark skin. 

"I-I just wanted to stop b-by." Hunk stammered. "U-um." He sighed, and took a deep breath. "S-so. You know how I've been having trouble with cases? And how I'm not doing the best?" "Sure" Hunk was a detective, but he wasn't the worst. It just took him a while to take all the clues into count. And once he actually did, the guesses he made were far more accurate than any of the other detectives.

"W-well, if I don't get three cases solved in the next two months, I-I'm fired." The words looked like they physically pained Hunk to say, as if the burning nature and purpose of the words had soaked into them, making them painful to speak.

Instant sympathy wormed it's way into Allura's chest, aching as it crawled inside her heart. 

"Oh- Hunk" Tears pricked at Allura's eyes. Hunk's dream had always been to become a detective. His case-solving was good, even if it took time. His overall analysis actually went faster  than the other detectives. Almost without a thought, she reached out her arms and hugged Hunk.

Hunk was warm, and his aura of comfort almost instantly made the tears leave Allura's eyes, and stutter in embarrassment. 

"So, anything else you wanted to ask?" "Yea." Hunk said, obviously ignoring Allura's new discomfort. 

"I know you just got a new case, and it's been high on the solving chart. If I solve it, it might count for the other two cases!" Allura nodded, smiling as she reached over and handed Hunk the case file.

Hunk gasped, the noise a mix of surprise and joy. "That's the case you got!" he was obviously excited. "I was fascinated, so I looked into it the other day! I even brainstormed ideas of where she could be."

Allura was surprised. Man, this was almost planned. Almost as if this was badly written fanfiction.

Hunk quickly pulled out a sheet of notebook paper, writing possible locations down. After he was done, he folded it into fourths and handed it to Allura. 

Allura gave a grateful nod, before power walking out the door, back through the hellish maze of a building, and back to the small convertible. 

Opening the door and getting in, Allura crashed her head on the steering wheel. "Alright, Aurora. You got this." Allura's composure melted at the use of the old nickname. Feeling better, she lifted her head and unfolded the paper. "Alright, you can do this. Just get on the road. Before you re-think things. Or get coffee first. Scratch that, I'm going to need to blast with my veins with caffeine to even survive this week." 

Putting the keys in the ignition, Allura started the car. Whatever happened during this case, Allura would be okay. Hunk would still be her friend. She even had other office friends. She would make it through this. Whether the results were good, or bad. 

She would be okay.

(This piece of shiz legit took me two days what the heck.)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

2.6M 151K 48
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
456K 1.3K 11
Fun wlw sex. Different kinks and stuff, all about trying things. May even include potential plot lines and will definitely include some form after ca...
4.3M 269K 102
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
681K 36K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...