Hitched | āœ“

By anamika_writes

[WINNER : DesiLihaaz 2019 : Love Letters Category] ā€¢ - ā€¢ - ā€¢ Sidhanth and Aneesha, two strong-headed, practic... More

P r e l u d e
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
New Book Announcements [ Oct-16-2021 ]

Chapter 20

15.4K 1.2K 55
By anamika_writes

Chapter 20

* Sidhanth *

During the dinner I was seated right opposite to her. Every time she opened her mouth to fill it with a morsel, I couldn't help but miss the feel of her mouth. I would occasionally give her a smile and she'd smile in response. Her cheeks were pink throughout. 

I loved the way she looked today. That sleeveless tunic flaunting her tones arms, that neckline that plunged slightly deeper than her usual tops. But her hairdo was the started of the deal. It was tied up with a few strands coming down to tease her shoulder. That long neck, those lovely collarbones, that cleavage that played peekaboo. 

Damn. Focus on the pasta. I no longer had the same appetite for pasta. I had an appetite for her. I had wild thoughts running in my mind. Like literally wild. For instance, picturing her on the dining table with her legs wrapped around me as we hungrily tasted each other. 

I gulped, sipping water from my glass. I needed her, if not that, I seriously needed a cold shower. Icy cold.

Finally, a few minutes after dinner, Raashi showed the signs of a sane guest, saying that they should leave. It was late. Yes. It was. In the next few minutes, the ladies exchanged their next meeting plans. Then they very conveniently made me the photographer and began the task of capturing the perfect picture of their time together.

"Sid, take a selfie, you also come here." Saakshi said when I was focussing on the phone screen to take a good picture. To put it more correctly, I was focusing on my wife. I caught that momentary change in her expression in reaction to Saaksi's request. Jealous much!

Keeping my happy discovery to myself I joined the frame standing beside her. My hand brushed hers. She did not look at me but I did notice that tiny shy smile.

"Sid, this side. You'll be with her forever. For now, pass. You guys can take as many as selfies you want, later." I smiled at Saakshi's comment deciding to play along. I got by her side, placing my hand on her shoulder. She winked at me secretly I acknowledged with a smile.

"Anni, smile!" I said adjusting the phone for the selfie. She did, but it was as fake as it possibly could be. Cute jealous wife. I suppose jealousy makes women look hotter cause here, her mere sight was a turn on.

"Do you want me to drop your guys somewhere?" I asked turning to the ladies.

"Raashi has her car. She will drop Saakshi on the way back home. " Anni intervened quickly I nodded concealing my amusement. I saw the other two exchange stupid smiles. 

"Oh, I forgot, I had baked cupcakes. Two minutes." With that Anni rushed inside. 

I finally chuckled not able to hold it back anymore.

"That was very mean of the you two!" Raashi spoke taking Anni's side.

"Oh, did you not see how cute she looked." Saakshi giggled.

"Jeejz, What do you think?" Saakshi winked at me.

"You're crazy." I smiled at her.

"You're crazy too, for her. I saw all of it." Saakshi grinned. It was my turn to be nervous. What did she exactly see?

"Saw what?" I blurted out. 

"Those eye to eye moments, that hand to hand brushing. She is so hopelessly in love with you," she giggled. "We have never seen her like this. Its lovely to." She spoke softly. I smiled.

Anni came back staring at me and then at Saakshi with narrowed eyes. Oh cutie did not know we were up to drama. Suddenly Saakshi leaned closer giving me a side hug. "It was amazing meet you both." She spoke aloud. 

"A dose of jealousy does good in relationships." She whispered. I grinned. There my wife looked ready to kill us.

Raashi shook my hand and I smiled. Soon the guests were gone after exchanging goodbye hugs with my wife. But a deadly silence filled the house. Someone was fuming and I was on fire, in another way. Can we not burn together?

I helped her clear the table. "So, had a nice time?" I asked following her to the kitchen.

"Hmm." She answered. 

That's it? 

"I hope you did." She spoke walking away. I followed her.

"Tomorrow I will be leaving early for office. I will take the bus." She spoke pushing the chairs around the dining table to their right positions. She was clearly pissed. That made me feel good.

"You can take the car. I will ask Dhruv to pick me up or I will take the bus." I spoke approaching her.

"No, it is not really required." She spoke uninterested. 

I placed my palms on the table caging her between my body and the table. "Take it." I spoke as she turned to face me. Her body stiffened gauging my proximity. 

"Okay." She whispered nervously. 

I did not want to intimidate her.  "What happened?" I asked, carefully wrapping her dangling curl around my finger. 

She took an audible sharp inhale. "Nothing." That pink color on her cheeks was growing into a rosy red. 

"You were jealous?" I whispered over her face.

"No." She responded quickly.

"You're lying. It's written over your face." I stifled my laughter and kissed her cheek lightly. 

"It's not." She disagreed looking aside. I took the opportunity and kissed her other cheek. 

"It is." I whispered blowing over her face. She turned to look at me through her eyelashes.

"You cannot flirt with my best friend. It's against rules of friendship." She complained looking cross. I smiled tucking that dangling curl behind her ear.

"Anyone else is okay?" I asked in a teasing tone.

"You're married, FYI." Her tone was still cross.

"Right. So there is only one person I can flirt with. You?" I looked at her eyes. Her lips had slightly parted as though inviting me. 

"Maybe." She spoke uncertainty evident in her tone. 

"Hmm... but I wasn't flirting."

"You were. Loud amd clear. And that stupid Sharky was flirting back."

"Come on Anni, Sharky is my friend. Oh, that reminds me please send me her number." I feigned casual tone. Oh boy, it was so much fun annoying her. Tit for tat.

"Why?" She blurted out.

"What do you mean why. Just like that. Don't you keep your friends' numbers? You do, right? Same way, I do too. Besides I need to send her the pictures we clicked today."

"You can send them to me I will forward it to her. Why bother saving her number." She smiled, as though she had found a solution to the world's most grave problem. Such stupid excuses!

"Yeah, but isn't it better you give me her number. I mean, you know, I can chat with her or talk to her once in a while."

"You said you'd flirt only with me, then why do you want her number?" She asked clearly irritated. I was so enjoying this.

"I said talk. Not flirt. We can chat also, she doesn't seem the kind whose obsessed with laughter emojis." I smirked.

The corners of her lips lifted up and then she broke into a chuckle, her body leaned back against the table. Unintentionally, her hand rested on mine. She immediately turned to meet my eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" She pouted. Cuteness overloaded.

"To annoy you." I answered honestly leaning closer.

"Why?" She whispered whilst I glanced at her lips.

"Tit for tat." I replied, oh I was in love with almost everything about her.

"What did I do to annoy you ?" She asked taking in a sharp breath. The proximity affected her as much as it affected me — good!

"For starters you set that stupid song as my alarm tone." I spoke kissing her ear. I felt her hand clutch on to my shirt. Damn. I loved the response

"And you, irked me with those emojis." I met her eyes. She blushed.

"So you will flirt with my best friend, huh?" I could note the slight disappointment in her voice.

I grinned. "It was drama, sweetheart."

"I am not a school going girl. Stop kidding me." She frowned.

"You know what, let me tell you something." I spoke caressing her cheeks with my knuckles. God she was rendering me incapable of thinking about anything else but her. 

"Two hours before our ring ceremony, Sharky barged into my room." Her eyes went wide with curiosity  in response. She threatened me quite literally. She said that making you unhappy wasn't an option.  She'd kill me if I hurt you in any way. I knew it was because of your past relationship. She loves you Anni. Just likes to play around though." I giggled.

She smiled gulping. "She has always been like that."

"Are we settled now?" I asked my impatience kicking in. 

Kiss her already!

"No. You knew it was about my past relatipnship?" She asked gazing into my eyes. I parted my lips shifting slightly away. Taking a deep breath I decided to let her know what the truth was.

"I knew. Your mom had told me about Nishanth." I confessed.

"Mom? I don't believe this. She told you..then why did you ask me about him?" She asked baffled.

"Cause I wanted you to open up to me, to trust me. Aneesha in a relationship trust is important. You aren't the kind who easily opens up to people. Your mom told me about Nishanth the first time I met her. I suppose she was trying to gauge me by my reaction to it." I shrugged. 

She stared at me. 

"Look Anni, I-"

Before I could explain any further, her lips had met mine. Her arms were around my neck. Without wasting a minute I wrapped my arms around her pulling her still closer to my body.  She was a ferocious kisser and I loved that as much as I loved her.

Would love to have your feedback. 

- Anami!♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 3.1K 18
Your next favourite saga! Come join this love story
2.8M 121K 58
Ranked #1 in the category "Indian" on 19 May 2018 as well as on 1 Feb 2019! Ranked #1 in the category "Romcom" on 6 Feb 2019 and on 11 March 2019! Ra...
952K 75.5K 65
Separated by distance united by hearts. But what happens when time leaves insecurities etched on hearts? A couple try to rekindle love that they onc...
1.6M 17.3K 9
*An arrange marriage Romance* ****************************************** Start : 04/Jan/2023 end : 16/June/2023 Warning āš ļø This story containin...