The Gunslinger: Rising of the...

By Outlaw_Hunter

Y/N, a teenage boy visiting Japan in the summer, he comes across a book in a shop that will change his life f... More

Chapter 2: A New Journey
Chapter 3: A Companion?
Chapter 4: Trust
Chapter 5: The Day Before
Chapter 6: The Wave of Catastrophe
Chapter 7: Dueling Pistols
Chapter 8: A New Member
Chapter 9: Help
Chapter 10: The Cowboy
Chapter 11: Catastrophe Returns
Chapter 12: Problematic
Chapter 13: Breaking Point
Chapter 14: Truth Revealed
Chapter 15: Close Call
Chapter 16: Judgement
Chapter 17: Judge and Jury
Announcement

Chapter 1: The Book

34.7K 482 716
By Outlaw_Hunter

"All hail the Gunslinger!" Many people cheered at once.

Y/N was on top of a stage waving to all the people in this kingdom. He looked to his left and saw a younger girl with Violet hair and violet eyes. She wore a royalty robe with a white dress. She smiled at him dearly,

"Congratulations Sir Y/N! You were able to defeat the wave single handedly!"

Y/N only nodded in response. He tipped his hat towards the girl.

"Sir Gunslinger, your accomplishments against the wave were outstanding. The heros were not able to handle this wave, but yet you came in and saved us all. For that, I cannot thank you enough for this country. As Queen, you have my honor-" the woman with purple hair started to talk, but everything started to fade away from Y/N.

"What's going on?" He asked looking around in circles. He started to freak out a bit, but a white light came into view.

Present Time

"Gwuah!" Y/N gasped as he sat up on his bed. "What kind of dream was that?"

He groaned and got out of bed. A very long stretch was needed for him.

"This first night I'm here in Japan and I had that kind of dream? He asked himself. He still felt a little bit of jet legged from the flight. However, that wasn't going to stop him from his trip.

Y/N is a 17 year old young man. Just graduated highschool, he is using his graduation present to visit Japan, Tokyo mostly.

"The paradise of manga and anime, this city is something else. However," he scratched his head.

"What was that dream about?"

After a while, Y/N visited downtown Tokyo for the first time. He was amazed by the scenery and all the people. There were a few people gathering up at what looked like a game store.

"Huh?" Y/N asked himself looking around. Finally he saw a small promotion for Mortal Kombat 11 on a poster.

"Ah okay, so that was released today. I heard it was highly anticipated, ten was pretty good." He said. A few Japanese people looked at him with a weird look, not understanding what he was saying.

"Might as well check it out," Y/N then walked to the game store and saw that they were sold out of the game. There were collectables for sale as well. Figurines, hats, shirts, phone cases and many more.

"Damn, they go all out here. That Erron Black action figure is pretty slick. It's his gunslinger from. What's the price?" Y/N thought to himself and looked at the price tag. He converted the yen amount to American dollars to see if it was a deal or not.

Y/N eyes went wide open when he saw the price of the figurine.

"That's cheap compared to what it would be at home!"

A few people looked at him like he was weird but he paid no mind. He quickly bought the figure and walked out.

"Let's see, what is there to do" Y/N mumbled while looking a tourist book on things to do. Nothing really interested him to do that day, he was still pretty tired from the flight.

He then spotted a book store and it seemed to be quite busy,

"Must be a good manga shop. They look busy"

He walked inside and was speechless, it was a two story book store. He wondered around each aisle to see if anything was interesting. While scanning each shelf, something caught his attention.

The Waves of Catastrophe

"That's odd, weird title" Y/N said to himself while opening the book, he held the Erron Black figurine in his left hand. He then saw a picture of a Spear, Bow, Sword, and a Shield.

Y/N grabbed his phone and had a translator app to see what the words meant. It was able to translate the wording by taking a picture.

Y/N read the description of what the pictures meant.

"The four cardinal heros, each wields one of these weapons, fight off the waves of catastrophe in order to save the country of Melromarc. As each wave passes, they get stronger and stronger"

Y/N then turned the page and saw a princess, "she looks bitchy already" he muttered. He didn't have any interest in that page, so he continued on. He found another page and had it translated.

The four cardinal heros are the only ones who are strong enough to face off the waves of catastrophe. With these weapons, they are the only ones able to save Melromarc. The Shield Hero has a higher defence than the others, but is casted aside by the king and the people. The Spear, Bow, and Sword heros are the one's that are praised by the people and the king.

The book started. Y/N was confused by the beginning.

"What did the Shield Hero do in order to be hated like that? This is very odd, but somehow it's got potential" he asked himself, but continued to read.

With the heros having many disagreements, they are barely capable of fighting off the waves. The people and soldiers are quite frustrated with what is happening. The last wave nearly destroyed a few villages. People are fearing that these heros are not capable of saving their home. Legend states there is only four heros, but there is a fifth hero. A hero who has weapons ahead of it's time and is able to put the other heros in place and help them fight off the Waves of Catastrophe.

"Interesting, so a weapon ahead of it's time. The sword, bow, spear, and shield are all considered ancient. Could it be a gun?" Y/N asked outloud. He turned the page and saw it was blank.

"Huh? Is this book not finished?" He then kept turning the pages to see if it continued. Unfortunately it didn't.

Y/N sighed, "what a shame, had great pot-"

Suddenly the book started to glow and the pages started to flip very quickly, Y/N was sucked into the book. When that happened, nobody paid attention to it.

It seemed as if Y/Ns life on Earth no longer existed or even began.

In the Country of Melromarc

Four people gathered around a circle. In times like these, people with holy powers would be in this situation, but not these people.

These four people were dressed in black robes, praying that someone would come to save them once more. Their attentions were gained towards a magical circle, it gave off a bright light and finally someone fell right in front of them.

"What the hell? What happened?" A younger male questioned rubbing his head. He looked up and saw these four people on black robes. However, he noticed his voice was slightly muffled. He moved his hands towards his face felt a cloth covering his face.

'What is going on?'

"The summoning was successful, I dare say" one of them spoke.

The male raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean, 'the summoning was successful'?"

"Oh great warrior, our world is in grave danger and we need your help to save it. The Waves of Catastrophe are upon us and the heros we have now have us concerned if they can defeat the waves." One of the people in the robes spoke.

'Waves of Catastrophe? Don't tell me I am in the book I read about?' Y/N asked himself in disbelief. He then noticed something happening with his vision. Multiple items and icons started to appear.

"What the? Is this like a hud?" Y/N mumbled to himself. He then noticed his name in the top left corner with a level one beside it.

"What is your name hero?" One person asked.

Y/N finally got up and dusted himself off, "I don't know how I feel about that. You all just summoned me and you're wanting my name? State yours before asking for mine"

Three of the robed people went to draw a weapon and Y/N noticed this. He got into a fighting stance, but he noticed how his vision was trying to show the levels of the people standing in front of him.

"Put your weapons away!" The fourth person in a black robe yelled. They all listened and stood down. The person then removed the hood of the robe.

There was a woman with purple hair and eyes. She wore a crown on the top of her head, she had a purple and white dress that was uncovered. She bowed at Y/N with respect.

"You have a valid point sir. My name is Mirelia Melromarc, I am the Queen of Melromarc. The country you are in now"

"Royalty huh, my apologies Queen Melromarc. My name is Y/N, I am from America. Judging by your looks, that doesnt exist here, so I'm just the person you summon" Y/N replied while bowing towards the Queen. She had a confused look, but she put that aside.

"These here are my royal servants, I call them the Shadows. They're skilled assassins that help me when I'm away from the palace" she introduced the other people. They all showed respect towards Y/N.

"So this whole summoning thing, you said there were four heros? Sword, Spear, Bow, and Shield?"

The Queen was surprised, "how do you know?"

"I was reading something that had this same exact situation before I was taken away from my home" Y/N replied.

"I see, I do ask you to follow me, I will give full details of what is happening in our world and the reason why we summond you. This will clear things up tremendously." Queen Mirelia asked Y/N

He nodded in agreement, it will definitely help things with what is going on. Even though he has an idea of everything. They five of them walked through the halls, but something caught Y/N's attention. They passed by a mirror and he was able to get a look at himself.

It started off with a Stetson hat, followed by a poncho over his shoulders, a mask covering his face, a leather vest with black clothing underneath, he also had gauntlets and boots on, there were two holsters with his sidearms, there was various bandoliers wrapped around his waist. To top it off, there was a lever action rifle on his back.

"Oh God..." Y/N muttered in the mirror. This made the Queen and the shadows turn and look at him,

"I'm Erron Black from Mortal Kombat"

Here we go! Another adventure begins! I hope you all will enjoy this one, I am having good thoughts on this book. Now this book will fluctuate between DxD and Ghost Rider.

Yes I know, a gunslinger in a book about ancient weapons, there will be a lot of explanations throughout the book, but we will work through this together! Anyways, there will be three variations Y/N will have in this book, all able to switch when needed for battles and against these Waves of Catastrophe.

1. Gunslinger: this variation will have a good balance set between firing your weapons and skilled hand to hand combat. This will be more focused with the two revolvers and good combination moves. All of this will be gradually unlocked as we continue the story.

2. Outlaw: More focused on hand to hand combat, you will be very skilled with close range attacks and magic manipulation. The rifle will be replaced into a sword and over time we will be able to use magic with the sword. It will be very similar to the Spear and Sword Hero.

3. Marksman: More focused on distance battles, you will be able to detect slightest movements of people and know how people react before something happens. Your skill with a gun will be so superb that you will be able to ricochet bullets off objects.

These three variations will play valuable roles throughout this story.

Stats in the beginning,

Y/N Gunslinger level 1

HP:100
Strength:100
Mana:100
INT:100
AGI:100
DEX:N/A
VIT:N/A

Much like the spear, sword, and bow heros, you can manipulate elemental magic with your weapons, but that comes at a price. Your mana will drain very quickly if that is used.

Much like the Shield Hero, you will have the most logic out of anyone in the world. Overtime, you will be a trusted ally to Naofumi, but he will not like you at first.

Nobody knows you will work under the Queen besides Melty in the beginning, everything will be revealed later in the story.

I do hope you enjoy this new journey with me, I'm looking forward to this book! Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 317 17
The four cardinal heroes turn up, you've heard it before right? But what you didn't know was that one extra hero turned up , the staff hero, who spec...
213K 4.1K 34
(I DO NOT OWN THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO!) Lives Were Saved! Thanks To Y/N L/N, A Young Boy At The Age Of 17. He Had Done His Best To Save People...
4.9K 115 12
The Rising Of the Shield Hero! You and your step-brother Naofumi had never been particularly close, even as you grew up. Your mother's attention had...
4.2K 104 8
As Naofumi and the other heros were summoned to the kingdom of Melromarc, they summoned an accidental fifth hero. This fifth hero was a young girl wi...