Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 12

669 28 12
By Veikari

After planning who would go where, the Thunder Legion, Laxus and Roscoe scattered around the area. Freed was holding Felix's hand as they walked along the street without hurry, looking around and trying to find Chester. Peppe was following them, but it was searching the alleys and other places for them, while they stayed in the street.

"It was really nice of you too to help us", Freed smiled to his son, who pouted.

"I didn't want to stay behind..." he muttered. "Do we really have to find him? He was so mean."

"Yes, we will go find him since we were asked to do so. And Chester might not be that mean once you get to know him. He must have his own reasons why he is the way he is."

"What reasons?" Felix asked looking at Freed who thought about it a moment, as they passed the people who were walking and doing their own things on the street.

"Well, Teina told us that he might be an orphan. He must have really hard times because of that. I'm not saying he is mean because he is an orphan, sometimes people just act that way to protect themselves. They might not really be mean at all."

"I don't understand..."

"Keep that thought in your head, one day when you remember it you notice you also understand it", Freed chuckled.

"What is an orphan?"

"If you're an orphan, it means you don't have parents."

"That can happen?" Felix asked his eyes widened.

"Yes. There are lots of orphans, we have many in our Guild too, you know?"

"We have?"

"Not children anymore, but some of us don't have parents. You know, mama is an orphan too."

"No!" Felix gasped grabbing Freed's red coat tightly.

"Yes. When I was as young as you are now, my parents passed away. But I was really lucky, I had a loving grandmother who took care of me", Freed smiled. "I also have a grandfather. So in a way, I still had parents. My grandmother has passed away a long time ago, but grandfather is still alive."

"Where is he?" Felix asked. "I have never seen him, have I?"

"No, you haven't."

"Is dad an orphan too?" Felix asked worried.

"No, his father is still alive."

"But what about his mama?"

"I don't know", Freed had to say shaking his head and they stepped aside to let a cart pass them. "I have never seen her and dad doesn't talk about her."

"She would be my grandmother, right?"

"Yes."

"And his dad is my grandfather?"

"That's right."

"We should ask dad to tell us more about them", Felix smiled. "Maybe we can see them?"

Freed huffed looking at how excited Felix was about the idea of meeting his grandparents.

"We have to talk about that with dad", Freed said. "But right now we have a mission", he smiled, changing the subject. "Isn't this your very first mission?" he asked and Felix was astounded.

"It's my first mission!" he beamed happily when he noticed it too and Freed chuckled.

"So let's do our very best to find Chester, since that's our job", he said and Felix nodded.

They continued, stepping on another street and there were even more people since there were more shops around. Felix noticed really quickly that it was very hard to try and find someone because there were so much people. But Freed seemed like he had no problems with that, he just looked around, searched and like he knew exactly what to do.

"Freed?"

Suddenly they stopped and Felix looked ahead confused. There was a man approaching them. He had funny clothes as he had a large cape and a tabard with a mark in it. He was around Freed's height and his black hair was tied back in a ponytail.

There was also a scar that went over the bridge of his nose and Felix thought it made him look a little bit scary, so he grabbed tighter hold of Freed's hand.

"Rogue", the rune mage smiled. "It is nice to see you again, it has been a while."

"Few years", Rogue smiled. He had a small smile and even though it didn't seem like it reached his red eyes, they were still warm and friendly. "You haven't come here with the rest of Fairy Tail in Grand Magic Games in many years."

"We were actually thinking that in next year we would travel here as well with Felix when the Games start."

Rogue lowered his gaze and Felix jolted when he was noticed.

"This must be Felix then?" Rogue smiled. "He has grown since I last time saw him. How old is he now?"

"Four", Freed smiled looking at Felix who was obviously being shy, hiding partly behind him.

"It is nice to meet you, Felix", Rogue said leaning down a little bit. "My name is Rogue Cheney. I'm from another mage Guild, Sabertooth, and I'm an old friend of your parents."

"Hi..." Felix muttered.

"So why are you here?" Freed asked curiously. "A mission perhaps?"

"Not this time. We came because right now there are no missions for us so we decided to have a little vacation", Rogue smiled.

"That sounds nice. But what about Frosch? I don't see him anywhere", Freed realised.

"He and Lector decided that they wanted to go in different shops than me and Sting, seems like they had something in mind. We will meet again back in the tavern. Are you on a mission then?"

"Well, it wasn't our purpose of coming here but we ended up taking one in the end", Freed chuckled. "Us, Laxus, Bickslow, Evergreen and Roscoe."

"I see", Rogue said and suddenly he noticed something. "Weren't you and Laxus supposed to have a wedding soon?" he asked and got confused when Freed sighed.

"That is true", the green haired man nodded. "But right now we have some serious problems."

He explained the situation roughly to Rogue. He stayed silent and listened until he had told everything.

"I'm really sorry for all that", he finally said. "But they are going to be okay?"

"Yes, Porlyusica already gave them the antidote and they should be fine after a week from now", Freed smiled. "We are lucky it wasn't something more serious."

"Rogue!" they heard a new voice.

Another man approached them, but he had a wild blond hair. Felix blinked his eyes as he noticed few earrings and scars. But he had a huge grin and he looked friendly. Somehow he looked a lot like Natsu.

"Oh, hi Freed", he smiled when he catched them. "Long time no see."

"It is nice to see you too, Master Sting", Freed nodded and Felix looked at him surprised. He was a Master? Just like Laxus?

"Still as formal as ever, I see. Oh?" Sting said as he noticed Felix. He smirked and dropped to sit on his heels. "Hello there, little fairy. Isn't your name Felix, right?"

"Uhm..." Felix muttered.

"Aren't you cute as a button! You know, last time we saw you, you had just learned how to walk!"

"I don't remember you", Felix muttered.

"I'm hurt", Sting sighed dramatically and Rogue chuckled. "My heart is bleeding."

"You were still so little when you met them so it is no wonder you don't remember them", Freed smiled to Felix who grumbled something.

"So where's Laxus? A good battle is something I really need right now", Sting smirked looking around.

"We are actually looking for someone right now so we don't have time for a battle", Freed explained.

"It's an important mission!" Felix assured.

"What? Are you already old enough to go to missions? Man, time goes way too fast nowadays", Sting groaned. "So are you old enough to get your Guild Mark? Do you have one yet?"

"Not yet", Felix said. "But I will get it one day!" he said determined and Sting laughed.

"Of course you will", the blond mage said and he got back on his feet. "But hey, are you sure you want to join Fairy Tail? What about joining Sabertooth?" he smirked and Freed huffed amused.

"No", Felix said bluntly.

"Really? Our guild is super cool!"

"No."

"We would love to have you in our Guild. You could become Eucliffe, wouldn't that be awesome?"

"I don't want to!" Felix shouted. "I'm Dreyar!"

"I understand... In that case I just have to kidnap you!" Sting laughed grabbing Felix who yelled when his grip of Freed's coat slipped. "Now nothing can stop us! Me and Rogue will raise you as a member of Sabertooth!"

"I don't want to!" Felix cried and wriggled to get away.

"Sting, you're scaring him", Rogue frowned and Freed sighed.

"Aw, he would quickly learn to love us as his parents", Sting smiled hugging Felix tightly. "Don't you want to have a kid, Rogue?" he asked and Freed was amused when Rogue's face turned into a dark shade of red instantly.

"This is not a place where to talk things like that", he scolded the blond haired man who just laughed loudly.

"I sure do want one of these little creatures!" Sting grinned and Felix was desperately trying to get away. "Freed, how did you and Laxus have a kid? I mean... You are a guy, right?" Sting asked looking at the rune mage like there was still some little part of him that wasn't sure if Freed really was a man.

"Yes, I'm a man", Freed said. "It's not like it happens just like that because you want it to happen. It was all thanks to the mating season for us."

"Oh yeah, that thing what happened earlier... Now I'm regretting it we didn't do anything -"

"We are not going to discuss about that here", Rogue snapped finally.

"Fine, fine", Sting tisked not caring how Felix was trying to twist his fingers so he would let go of him. "Okay! So when is the next mating season?" Sting smiled and Rogue rubbed his red face, embarrassed because of this conversation.

"You have to still wait for around five years", Freed said.

"What?! That long?! I don't wanna wait that long!" Sting said. "Can't we make it happen sooner? Like, is there some kind of a spell or anything to make it happen sooner?"

"Dear god I hope there is not", Freed muttered, remembering what all he had to go through because of that season. He was definitely not ready to go through that all again...

"Damn. I have to make some research for that, Rufus should be able to find out at least something."

"From searching information by yourself to make Rufus do it instead, this must be your new record for that", Rogue mentioned.

"Or, we're just gonna keep Felix."

"No! I don't want to!" Felix cried loudly, big tears rolling down his cheek finally.

"Sting -" Rogue started but stopped when another large figure appeared among them.

Sting yelped when suddenly he himself was lifted up from the ground. Deep growl made him shiver, as Laxus grabbed Felix from his arms and Sting knew better than try to continue the joke. Freed smiled taking Felix who grabbed his neck, saying how he didn't want to go with Sting and Rogue.

"They were just joking", he reassured.

Laxus shoved Sting towards Rogue, the smaller blond maintaining his balance just barely.

"Sorry, sorry, I took the joke too far", he laughed looking at Laxus and there were sparks crackling in the air. People were walking faster and some of them looked worried if there would be a fight in the middle of the street. "I didn't mean to make him cry, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, he will calm down soon", Freed said.

"You should properly apologise from Felix as well", Rogue said frowning and Sting nodded.

"I'm really sorry, Felix", he said bowing his head and Felix sniffled looking at him. "Of course we will not take you away from your parents, don't you worry. Can we be friends now?"

"No", Felix refused. "I don't like you."

"Harsh", Sting sighed defeated.

"You deserve it", Rogue huffed crossing his arms.

"I guess I do..."

"So what the hell are you guys doing here anyway?" Laxus grunted still annoyed.

"We decided to have a little vacation", Sting smirked wrapping his arm around Rogue's neck. "Since there are no missions for us right now and everything is peaceful."

"Whatever, we don't have time for you guys now", Laxus said.

"So you were looking for someone? We can help!" Sting offered. "After that you have time, right? We could have a little match", he laughed.

"Not interested, dimwit."

"Oh come on!"

"After we have found Chester, we are probably going back to our tavern for the evening", Freed said to the twin dragons. "But we are doing more sightseeing tomorrow if you want to join us then."

"Don't go promise that on your own", Laxus grunted looking at his mate.

"Sightseeing, eh? Sounds fun", Sting said.

"Are you perhaps going to show Domus Flau for Felix?" Rogue asked.

"Yes", the rune mage nodded.

"Okay! We will join you guys tomorrow then!" Sting grinned widely.

"I have a feeling I'm gonna have a huge headache tomorrow", Laxus muttered.

"We'll see you guys in there at noon then", Sting said as they turned with Rogue. "And there we're gonna have a fight, Laxus!"

"You can't fight in Domus Flau when there are no events", Rogue reminded as they started walking.

"What? What's the point of having a battle arena if you can't use it for battles when you want?"

"Could you at least pretend that you're thinking before speaking sometimes..."

Freed looked at Laxus and smiled.

"Don't look like that", he said as the Master of Fairy Tail was pouting. "I'm sure we're going to have great time tomorrow with them."

"No we won't", Felix muttered.

"See? Felix doesn't want to go with them either", Laxus said and Freed rolled his eyes.

"It's already settled so just let it go", he said. "We have to start looking for Chester again."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 1K 33
He's just a shy, green haired kid who comes across a guildhall in Magnolia. Not much is known about his past, and not many people try to question it...
89.5K 1.4K 20
(NO LEMONS) Natsu Dragneel and the rest of the dragon slayers are about to experience a certain... CHANGE... in them. How will they manage to contro...
513K 14.5K 88
Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he would finally return. Dragon mating season...
108K 4.1K 52
Freed Justine X Reader ♧ Y/n has been searching for her master for years but hasn't found a clue. She is a wizard and member of Fairy Tail. Fri...