Free Time - Ruel Fanfic

By cheesepizza379

Kara and Ruel have been friends since they could remember but what will happen when their careers take off? W... More

CHARACTER PROFILES
1; Poems
2; Auditions
4; Birthday Surprises
5; Messages
6; Premiere
7; Satan's Minions
8; No More School?
9; Popcorn for Breakfast
10; What did you get for 8?
11; You Yelled?
12; She isn't planning on coming back
13; I'm going to explode
14; I am Captain Marvel
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE GIRAFFE
9th Nov 2019
15; My toast!

3; Butterfly

422 10 18
By cheesepizza379

Ruel and Kara have always been seen together however these past two weeks they've been closer than ever. Especially since they won't be seeing each other in person for the next 7 months as Kara will be in Gold Coast filming non-stop and Ruel won't be able to visit often because of school.

It was the last weekend they would be together. They were playing outside on the trampoline in Kara's garden.

"Ru-el, s-s-stOP! I can't — breathe. Stomach — Hurting" Kara gasped out in between her laughs. She was lying on the trampoline clutching her stomach as Ruel jumped causing her to bounce as well.

"NEVER!"

"You - are so — DEAD!" Kara says grabbing Ruel's ankle bringing him down to her.

"Ahh"

He falls next to her she quickly pins him down before he can react, she starts tickling him.

"KarAA! NoO!"

"KARA! YES"

After a solid ten minutes of a tickle battle Coco calls, more like drags, both inside for dinner. Their last dinner together for a long time.

They were having lasagna. Kara scooped up some for herself and Ruel as she was closer to the food than he was. Kara sits back down and hands Ruel his plate.

"Thanks"

A few bites into their lasagna conversation began about 'Butterfly' the show Kara is staring in.

"Can you tell us anything about the show Kara?" Ralph asks

"Well it about a girl, Ella, who has trouble fitting in school and finding friends. The shows about self-love and being yourself" Kara says

"Anything else?" Ruel asks

"That's all I can say and all I know, but I can sneak in some information when I get it" Kara smirks

"Oooh yes yes!" Ruel says clapping his hands together

They finish their dinner and have cheesecake for dessert, as it is Kara's favourite.

"Pleeeeease Mum! We won't be seeing each other for 7 months, 7 months!" Kara begs.

"No and that's final! You need to be up by 3 tomorrow morning and Ruel has to go to school" Maia says

No matter how much Kara and Ruel begged their parents they weren't allowed to have a last sleepover.

"Fine" Both of them grumbled

Ruel turned to face Kara

"I'll miss you" he says pulling Kara into a hug.

"I'll miss you too"

"But please have fun. You're going to be in a show, the main lead in the show!" Ruel says into Kara's shoulder.

After their final goodbyes the Van Dijk's headed next door to their house while the Danvers got their final packing done for their flight tomorrow morning.

*a week later, on set*

It was the first day of shooting as last week was pre-production, camera checks and all that. Today Kara was going to film her first scene.

"All right everyone in their places. Kids do you have your lines?" The director yelled

Both Kara and James nodded and headed to their spots. The scene they were shooting now was the opening scene where Ella walks into her new school and meets Matt.

Ella opens the door of the car and steps out. She pokes her head through the car window and says goodbye to her mum. She was new to this town as they had just moved away from her alcoholic father. Her older brother was in his first year at university, so she was all on her own for this one.

She walks up to the large wooden doors and pushes them open. Seeing the sign that says 'visitors to the reception' she follows the arrow.

"Hi I'm Ella"

"Hi sweetheart! You must be our new kid. Let me introduce you to Matt he will be showing you around today" the receptionist says motioning to a boy sitting on a chair nearby.

He walks up to them

"Hi, I'm Matt, I'll be your buddy for today" he says putting out his hand which Ella shakes.

The bell goes and they both walk out to their form rooms.

"And cut" the director shouts

"You did great!" James says to Kara

"Thanks, you too" Kara smiles

The whole day was spent filming. They were able to get many scenes done in one go except for the occasional slip up of words or bursts of laughter from Kara and James.

At the end of the day Kara's parents picked her up from set and they drove back to their temporary house for the next 7 months while the filming of Butterfly continued.

As soon as Kara came home, she hopped into the shower to get clean and wash off all the makeup that was still on her face. She threw on a cami and grey sweatpants and Face Timed Ruel as she did every night after her day on set.

A few rings later he picked up.

"Hey Ruel" Kara says taking a seat in front of her dresser and placing her phone on top.

"Hey Kara" Ruel says smiling, he was sitting on his bed holding his guitar.

"What ya playing?" She asks pointing to the guitar

"Nothing just playing around with some tunes, how was your day?"

"Great! We finally started filming" Kara day excitedly as she starts braiding her long black hair into two Dutch braids

"Oh yeah! You're first day filming. What did you do?"

Kara tells Ruel about all the scenes they shot but she made sure not to tell him too much otherwise it would spoil the show.

"Wow I really wish I was there" Ruel says pouting.

Kara laughs "Me too, but even if you were here, they won't allow you to see the filming"

An hour later Maia calls Kara down for dinner.

"Got to go Ruel I'll call you again tomorrow?"

"Yep, I'll be waiting"

*2 months later, after filming*

Kara's parents were busy today, so they couldn't pick her up after filming ended so she had to take the bus back to their house.

"Kara wait up!" James calls out

She stops and turns around to see James running up to her.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Do — doyouwanttogotothecarnivalwithme?" James asks in one breath.

"What? Slow down James. I didn't understand a word you just said" Kara laughs.

"Do you want to go to the carnival with me?" He says again slowly this time.

*Kara's Perspective*

"Like right now?" I say. Even though James and I had only met a few months ago we already had a connection, not like my friendship with Ruel but something different. I don't know what it is...

"Yeah" James says scratching the back of his neck and nervously says "So? Is this going to be my first rejection?" He laughs awkwardly.

Aww he's so cute

"Of course not. I would love to go!" I say

"Wonderful"

"I'll just let my parents know" I say grabbing my phone out of my pocket to text my mum letting her know I will be home a little later than usual.

Wait. James and I alone at a carnival. Is this a date? I look up from my phone to see James staring at me when he notices I've caught him he blushes and looks away running a hand through his chocolate brown hair.

"Is this... a date?" I ask slowly, wow this is weird.

"If you want it to be" James replies looking into my eyes and smiles.

I smile back.

"Sure"

What is this feeling? Why am I feeling this? Do I like James? I really need to talk to Ruel about this. Oh! Ruel I should text him that I won't be able to FaceTime tonight.

"Do you want to go now?" James asks

"Yeah let's go" I say quickly sending Ruel a text says 'won't be able to FaceTime tonight. Going out to the carnival with James 🙃'

*Ruel's Perspective*

The last few months have been quiet without Kara in class usually the two of us would be chatting and making all the noise. I've been hanging out a lot more with David and Josh than I usually do.

Also, there is this girl. Oooooooh I know. I always liked her but never really regarded it but lately I've been staring at her or found her staring at me during school. I really need to talk to Kara about this.

I'm at home sitting on my bed lost in my own thoughts when I get a text from Kara.

'won't be able to FaceTime tonight. Going out to the carnival with James 🙃'

I smile she told me her feelings about James a while ago on FaceTime. She didn't talk about it much but I'm guessing he feels something too.

I quickly send her a message back.

'All good. Have fun 😊 not too much fun though 😏'

I get a message back

'Ruel no...'

I laugh to myself and jump out of bed heading to the kitchen to grab a snack.

*Kara's perspective*

James and I get dropped off at the carnival by his dad. I've never been to the carnival in Gold Coast before and it's beautiful. We head straight for the cotton candy stand and get ourselves the largest ones possible. We find a cute wall and decide to take some photos, our cotton candy by this time had shrunk.

After about an hour of playing the carnival games and we collected ourselves some very large souvenirs. James won me a Dumbo plushie and I won him a giant minion plushie.

We decided to end our fun with a ride on the Ferris wheel.

"Kara come on the line is so short now!" James says pulling my arm towards the Ferris wheel.

"Woah this is so pretty!" I say grabbing my phone to take a quick picture.

We walk into the line and there is 15 minutes wait till the next round of people go on. James and I wait in the line talking about tomorrows filming.

"Tomorrow we are filming the nerd scenes, right?" James asks

"Yeah yeah. I've been waiting for this moment. Have you seen my outfit, it's so cute!" I say.

James laughs and the line begins to move forward. We take a seat on the Ferris wheel. It starts to move. The view is amazing, we can see the whole of Gold Coast from up here. The beaches, the streets, the people. It's majestic.

"Kara" James says

I turn my head over to see him looking down at him lap. He looks quite nervous.

"Yes"

"I- I like you" He says, not daring to look me in the eyes.

I sit there in shock. He has feelings for me, like the ones I have for him.

A few seconds pass and he look up into my eyes. I take a breath.

"I like you too" I smile

"Really!"

"Yes!"

He pulled me into a hug and I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

A/N

1805 WORDS

Hello little cheese sticks! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I tried adding some photos. Please vote and comment what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Pizza OUT 🍕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 823 15
𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃 || "ɪᴍ ɪɢɴᴏʀɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ! ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛs ᴡʜʏɪᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ. ɪ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴛ...
50.5K 1.4K 33
@ruel is lanky on insta - Y/n is a 17 year old who just moved to the North shore, she has a twin brother and a little sister who she loves with her w...
32.3K 854 31
When April's best friend Luna dragged her to a pop-up shop to meet her favourite artist, let's just she wasn't exactly the happiest about it. But rea...
74.1K 1.5K 30
After a troubled past you swore you'd never love again. Fresh out of high school, you move to Sydney, and meet someone just as mysterious and misunde...