Transferred to the other worl...

By GoblinAuthor

Sora Takahashi died saving his classmate from Truck-kun. Instead of moving on to the afterlife, he was given... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Forest of Astalla
Chapter 2 - Sanalei De 'Aise
Chapter 3 - Arendall
Chapter 4 - Adventurer's Guild
Author's Note
Chapter 5 - Cursed Sword
Chapter 6 - Revenge
Chapter 7 - Mock Battle
Chapter 8 - The Girl from the Sword
Chapter 9 - Encounter on the Road
Author's note 2
Chapter 10 - Demon General
Chapter 11 - Waking Up to a Rude Noble
Chapter 12 - Spending Skill Points
Chapter 13 - Midnight Wolf, and a Message?
Chapter 14 - Hero Summoning?
Chapter 15 - Meeting the Hero
Chapter 16 - Beastmen Capital
Chapter 17 - Dreams of the Past
Author's Note 3
Chapter 18 - Cocky Hero
Update
update 2 (Sorry Again)
Chapter 19 - Rikuru Village
Chapter 20 - Killing my First Dragon
Chapter 21 - The Goddess' Trust
Author's Note 4
Chapter 22 - Meeting the King
Chapter 23 - Guild Promotion
Chapter 24 - Nobility & The Truth
Chapter 25 - Feelings & The Return
Author's Note 5
Chapter 26 - First Day Back
Chapter 27 - Things Have Changed
Chapter 28 - Weapons Test and Realization
Chapter 30 - Awakening Divinity
Chapter 31 - Fighting? a God
Chapter 32 - Our Territory
Chapter 33 - The Start of My City
Little Contest
Chapter 34 - The Statue & Ikari Grows
Contest Winners
Chapter 35 - Buying Slaves
Chapter 36 - Residential District
Chapter 37 - Visitor & Curious Title
Chapter 38 - My Daughter
Chapter 39 - School Day
Author's Note
Chapter 40 - Progress
End of Book 1

Chapter 29 - The Rogue?

3.6K 110 9
By GoblinAuthor

Walking into the classroom, we followed closely behind the woman named Alienor. The teacher, who was in the middle of teaching her class, seemed like she was about to speak up about something until she spotted Alienor. After that she quieted down, and sat at her desk in silence. This just makes me more curious about who this woman really is. I mean, if she really was just a teacher then there shouldn't really be any reason as to why she has so much pull with the school.

Looking at the teacher as we came to the front of the class, I saw that she was incredibly small. When we walked in, I could have sworn she was a grown woman, but after getting closer I noticed she was only about seven or eight inches tall, and she had small wings on her back that reminded me of a butterfly. The only way for me to even make this type of mistake would be if she had been using some form of illusion magic.

Then again, if she decided to teach in her regular form, then I'm sure that some people wouldn't be able to take her seriously. However, I couldn't take my eyes off her, and not because she was somebody who was attractive, but because this was my first time seeing a fairy.

After a few moments, I moved my eyes to the board in the front. It seems that she is teaching the class about familiars. From what I can understand, a familiar would help boost your magical power depending on which familiar you get. So a familiar that is related to the fire affinity, could end up boosting your fire magic.

I understand the basic premise I guess, but why isn't there any information on familiars in Auralel? Perhaps in Auralel, they use spirits instead of familiars? I'm not quite sure about what the difference could be, but I suppose I could figure it out at a later date, after I've done some research.

"These are some possible transfer students, so we're just here to get their mana level, and affinity, checked on. Since you wanted to borrow the Gauge for your class today, I had no choice but to barge in." (Alienor)

"...Very well, but please make it quick as I am currently in the middle of teaching my class." (Fairy/Teacher)

"Alright, Sora-kun and Sana-chan, please place your palm onto the gauge and poor your mana into it. This will allow us to measure what your mana capacity is, as well as tell us your strongest magic affinities." (Alienor)

Seems simple enough. So that means if I control the amount that I pour in, then I should be able to falsify how large my mana pool is. However, I don't think I'll be able to falsify my strongest affinities. Although, that shouldn't be a problem since it just tells them what types of magic I'm best at.

I stepped forward first, since I wanted to test my theory about controlling how much I poor in. I could feel all eyes on me, but it's probably because I'm just some strange guy that walked into the classroom with the woman who has a lot of pull at this school.

Standing in front of the crystal ball that they called the Gauge, I reached out my hand and rested my palm on top of it. Taking a short breath, I started pouring my mana into the ball, being careful to control the amount that went in. The orb started to shine, but not as bright as when I poured my mana into the sword, so hopefully it will be alright afterwards.

Along with the glow of the orb, it changed colors showing off all the magic that I had, that was at Max level. First it was yellow which symbolized Light Magic, then it was purple which was Space Magic, and finally it was green that stood for Wind Magic.

All three of those types of magic were Max leveled, but it still showed them one at a time, and it wasn't even in order from my skill list. Although, after a couple seconds of thinking it over, I realized that they had shown up in alphabetic order rather than the order from my skill list.

After the orb stopped glowing, I heard a voice from my side.

"Ah, three different types of magic affinities huh? And they seem to be around the same level in terms of power? Furthermore, one of them was Space? That's some pretty rare magic you got there Sora-kun." (Alienor)

"Thank you." (Sora)

I got ready to step back so that Sana could be gauged, but I was suddenly stopped by Alienor.

"However, I think it's bad to try and falsify your mana capacity...wouldn't you agree?" (Alienor)

She whispered into my ear so that only I would be the one to hear her words. I simply shrugged her off, and walked to the side next to Sana. However, right when she started walking up, she stopped mid walk.

"Sana?" (Sora)

There was no response, and she didn't even react when I waved my hand in front of her face. When I looked around, it seemed that everything had been completely frozen in time.

"Hello Sora-kun~!" (Aiko)

All of the sudden, I was tackled from behind and knocked to the ground. I didn't even have to question who it was that had done this, because I already recognize the voice.

"Goddess-sama please get off of me." (Sora)

I complained to her as I stood up from where I lay. Even as I stood up, she still clung to me, and even though she was small and light, it still through my center of gravity off a little with the new weight on my back.

"I got your message! I tried checking into it like you asked, and you're right. Earth isn't supposed to be experiencing anything like this for at least another 600 years. I tried getting in touch with the overseer here, and he wouldn't respond to me. So I think he might have gone rogue and forcibly advanced civilization until it got to where it was today." (Aiko/Goddess)

"Well if he went rogue, can't you just do something about him easily? I mean you gave him the power, so just take it back." (Sora)

"Sadly, it is not that simple. Yes I gave him the power, but that was many millennium ago. I can tell he spent some time training up his divine abilities. Although, he isn't as strong as I, he has made it difficult for me to locate him." (Aiko)

"He's powerful enough to be able to do that huh? Then does that mean I wouldn't be able to stand a chance at fighting him?" (Sora)

"Hmmmm....I think it would definitely be a close fight. I mean, you're both essentially equal in terms of power from your physical bodies. However, he stopped training when his power got to around your level right now, and then started training his divine skills exclusively. Plus, if you were to remove his divinity, then you far outrank him. However, because of the divinity he's trained up, it seems that even with it being a close fight, he has a higher chance of winning." (Aiko)

"Eh? So how are we supposed to stop him from messing with this world any further?" (Sora)

"Well...I was going to wait until you finished adventuring around before handing you the power of divinity. Ya know, make you do some work before you earn a paycheck type a thing. However, I suppose for now I can just give you the power of divinity for now...but remember this, it is simply a loan. I will be taking it back after he's been subdued." (Aiko)

"I guessed it might be like that. Since I'm sure you've had people who have abused their power, you want to make a person work for it first." (Sora)

"That's right. At first, I gave it randomly. Then I had to dispose of them and change my strategy, so I tried a contest. I would take souls from all over creation, and give it to the winner. However, that failed too so I decided to stop being lazy with it and started to actively search for people that I believe would be worthy and Noble enough to not abuse it." (Aiko)

"Sorry to say Aiko-sama, but no matter what you do, there'll always be someone who abuses the power you've given to them." (Sora)

"Very true...Sora?" (Aiko)

"Yes, Aiko-sama?" (Sora)

"If you started with your divinity already unlocked...what would you do?" (Aiko)

"....Well...I can't promise I would use it for good...But I also wouldn't use it for evil. As you know, I've already turned off that 'Omniscient' thing, since I wanted to learn about my world on my own...So I probably would've turned off my divinity until after my adventure was finished. It wouldn't be as fun if I was already a divine being." (Sora)

"I see..." (Aiko)

"By the way, Aiko-sama?" (Sora)

"Hm? What is it?" (Aiko)

"I know your a goddess, but I thought your domain was creating worlds and what not. So I didn't think you could stop time as well." (Sora)

"Ah, well it's true my domain is world creation and not time. However, I had my brother freeze time for me for a while, so I can discuss with you about a rogue overseer." (Aiko)

"Brother huh? So I guess he is what would be known as 'Father Time'?" (Sora)

"That's right. Although he's not a big fan of that nickname." (Aiko)

"Wait...if your brother has dominion over time. Then how was it possible for Earth's overseer to forcibly evolve the world and advance the time?" (Sora)

"Well, he's received my blessing. With me being one of the first gods in all of existence, I suppose it would be possible for him to eventually gain the ability to tinker with the flow of time. However, it would only be possible for the world he's already overseeing." (Aiko)

"I see... Wait...You're loaning me the divinity, but he's had years to practice using his right? Wouldn't it end up being impossible for me to beat him in a fight then?" (Sora)

"Not necessarily. Like I said, without his divinity, you would be able to beat him in battle. However, with how much training he's done since he's gained it, your odds of beating him are very low. Not impossible without divinity, but low enough to where I wouldn't recommend you try." (Aiko)

"If I brought a weapon with me, would his power of divinity be able to mess with it?" (Sora)

"If it's a weapon from Earth, then yes. It could be avoided if you constantly pour your mana into it though, but there wouldn't be any weapon on Earth that could handle the burden. However, your little friend would be perfectly fine, since she isn't from Earth." (Aiko)

"Instead of fighting, why not have your brother freeze him in time?" (Sora)

"Nice idea, but sadly it isn't possible. Since the overseer holds my blessing, my brother would need to exert a large amount of power to freeze him in time. Trying to do so might screw up the normal flow of time completely." (Aiko)

"But isn't he stopping the flow of time right now?" (Sora)

"Not at all, It's happening on just this planet. Plus, I may have said he froze it, but in actuality, he just slowed it down to the point where it seems as if it had been frozen. Normally he would be upset with me about asking such a thing. However, since this worlds' timeline is messed up now, he easily agreed to do so until he's finished fixing it." (Aiko)

"I see...so I really have no choice but to fight him huh? If so, how do we go about you lending me my power of divinity? Is there a process or what?" (Sora)

"Well, the power is already inside you. I simply need to awaken it for the time being, and then when you're finished, I'll seal it until the time is right." (Aiko)

"Alright. So, how do I find the guy? Is he on Earth?" (Sora)

"Yes and No. He's here in the world, but he's in the celestial plane for it. To put it simply, he's in Heaven." (Aiko)

"How am I supposed to get there then?" (Sora)

"I'll help you in, and remain until the battle is over. Afterwards, I'll take his divinity from him, and bring him back with me so that he can be given the proper punishment." (Aiko)

"While he's gone, what's going to happen to his spot of Overseer? You can't just do it yourself can you?" (Sora)

"I could, but I already have a plan for it. I'll be making you the temporary overseer of this world." (Aiko)

"Wha!? I have to handle two worlds?!" (Sora)

"Relax Sora-kun~! It's only temporary. Plus all you gotta do, is make sure nothing happens that could throw the balance off.......again." (Aiko)

Ugh. I can't believe this lazy goddess is making me take care of two different worlds now. I mean, I don't have any duties on Auralel yet, but still.

Well, instead of getting angry with her, I suppose I should do the task she's given me. With our discussion finished, she opened up a tear in space. The light coming from it was bright, and it was all white. It reminded me of when I first met Aiko-sama in the pure white space.

With the memory of our first meeting, I stepped through the tear with the goddess still hanging off my back. I wasn't sure how I was going to fight this guy, or if I'll be successful. However, I can't let him keep messing with my old world as he pleases.

(A/N: sorry if there are spelling errors or bad grammar anywhere. I finished the chapter at work, from my phone. I'll be going over to edit it when I get off. Hope you enjoy! Took me all week to decide on the progression.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153 20 9
Diantara Surgabumi was a peace loving boy born and grown in a remote village in the mountains, but that all changed when he got shoved into the chaos...
6 2 2
What would you do if you reincarnated in another world? If you weren't a human anymore? If you were really weak? What if you had to fight a dragon th...
6.6K 276 14
A boy has died due to a freak accident that had happened to him in a secluded area... Or did he? One moment he was there... Bones dislocated and brok...
517 54 20
basically a sad scrawny loser who gets bullied in school everyday, gets rammed by a truck and dies, somehow meets a goddess? Who is surpringly mothe...