The Smith Organization

Av mmacdonald22

The Smith Organization helps rogues of every supernatural species by being their pack to prevent them from go... Mer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Other Books

Chapter 27

14.1K 472 23
Av mmacdonald22

I want to give a warning to all my readers. Due to this being a sequel in the same world as 'The Rejected Mate's Children', I've been writing Emma for a while. I am losing inspiration for this story. Despite this, I don't want to stop this story. To avoid that, I am wrapping things up quickly as you have seen when I skipped weeks between chapters in the story. So, there is about three more chapters and then the epilogue before the end of the book. I might get more inspiration and add one or two more. 

Also, thank you for the support you have given all my books!

Emma

After the dinner with my family, the next week went by without a hitch. Alec was learning to balance his work with me, not neglecting either one. Just because this month was supposed to convince me to stay doesn't mean that Alec was only going to focus on me and not the kingdom. The first week I had been here, he had done exactly that. I put him in his place real quick though. The werewolves in North and South America needed a leader.

Being Alpha King of a continent or country means that you are responsable for the welfare of each and every supernatural creature there that. With the exception of witches, they were excluded when the Alpha Kings wanted to hunt them down for their power. And that's called corruption!

Most of the time, an Alpha King is the supernatural species that is more dominant. In North and South America, there were mostly werewolves and humans who know nothing of this world as well as humans who do know. In Europe, it's the same case. However, the Alpha King of Asia is a vampire. There are other creatures there that aren't vampires, but love to eat werewolves. The Alpha King of Russia changes. It is the country with the most challenges.

A challenge is when a supernatural species feel like the current Alpha King is too weak. They can challenge him to a fight to the death in order to become the new Alpha King. The Alpha King of Africa is less known supernatural creature. Vampires and werewolves don't have a tendency to go there. The Alpha King of Australia is most likely the nicest of them all. They are rather isolationist and no one knows much about them. About a generation ago, the Alpha King of Asia thought their kindness was weakness and tried to kill them. At that time, the reigning Alpha King of Australia was some type of fae which is like a fairy or witch. He didn't kill the one from Asia, just simply wiped his mind and put someone else on the throne. Not everyone is as they seem.

"Emma?" Alec's voice interrupted my internal monologue.

I turn towards my mate, "What is it?"

He comes up and wraps his arms around my waist, "I just wanted to see you. I'm sorry that I've been in meetings all day."

I give him a quick peck, "It's fine. You don't have to worry." I had taken the time in the library and not even noticed how long I had been there.

Alec shrugged, "I still want to spend as much time as possible with you."

I free myself from his embrace, "I know. Is Alpha Asshole still here?"

He gets a distant look in his eye before answering, "You mean Eric?"

I nod my head impatiently, "Yes, Alpha Asshole."

Alec sighs, "He's still here and refusing to leave until we give him his mate."

I walk around him, "And? Will you?"

He shakes his head, "My normal answer would be yes because I would never separate mates, but Eric has some growing up to do. He still thinks his mate should only feel obligations to him and no one else."

I ask, "You disagree?"

Alec walks over to a chair before sitting, "I used to. When we first met, I had every intention of letting you heal for two days before completing the mating process."

I frown, "Even if I had been unwilling?"

He lets out a bitter chuckle, "At the time, I thought that no one could deny me."

I gave him a disappointed look, but moved on, "Will Alpha Asshole try to do that to Sabrina? You've seen Glinda's reaction to him. We can barely mention his name without her having a panic attack. He killed her little brother, her parents and nearly her sister!"

Alec dragged me onto his lap and I let him do it, sensing his frustration, "I know that!"

I run my hands through his hair, "Shh, calm down, mate."

He grunts, "I don't want to start a war with my own cousin by mariage. You running away from me made me rethink everything."

I tilt my head in question, "How?"

Alec leans back, getting ready to start a long story, "The first time you ran away at first I thought you were angry about Axel's comments with my past. Then, I thought you were kidnapped. I thought that no mate of mine would run from me. But after someone brought proof that you ran away. I was so angry, my wolf was too. It was one of the only times I ever lost control. I saw red and I don't remember what happened for 24 hours. Apparently, I killed some of my servants. I hated it and blamed you partially for making me lose control. I still thought that you should be mine and mine now. I am embarrassed to admit that if I had found you in those two weeks, I would have forcefully marked you."

He was looking down, ashamed of his intentions and I grabbed his chin to make him look me in the eyes, "But you didn't. Something changed between then and now. I know that and I don't need you to tell me if you don't want to."

Alec lets out a breathy exhale, "I want to. For one, honesty is best in a relationship. Secondly, this will help you protect Sabrina from her own mate. Like I was saying, the next time I saw you was after you released my prisoners. You were in a window about to jump. We made eye contact and I saw so many different emotions in your eyes. Fear, anger, a small bit of longing, and mostly a lot of hate: seeing you look at me with such hate broke something in me. For a while, I fell into a depression of sorts. I neglected my duties and drank a lot. I thought that if even my mate ran from me, how could I be a good leader? Considering the next time I saw you was in my bedroom bleeding, I was still drinking at that point. Seeing you that time pulled me out of it. I knew that I had to win you over. However, I could only do that if you gave me a chance."

I smirk, "But I ran like my ass was on fire before we could even finish yelling at each other."

Alec nods, chuckling slightly, "You were so different than the girls who usually came after me and I spent my time with."

I growled possessively, my wolf coming to the forefront of my mind at the mention of other she-wolves in her presence, "Mine."

He held me closer, "Mine."

I calmed down and smiled apologetically, "Sorry about that."

Alec doesn't loosen his grip on me, "I like it when you claim me, it reassures my wolf and I that you might not leave again. I just want to finish my side of our story. When you ran, I searched for you again. Not because I was mad at you leaving, but because I wanted the chance to prove myself to you. When you came back from your brothers and refused to talk to me, I got frustrated to say the least."

I laughed, "You destroyed several rooms."

He blushed, "Yeah, and then the Smith Organization attacked. And you were their leader. I felt so angry and betrayed when I found out. In the week, planning the attack on your base, I calmed down some. I now thought I understood why you ran from me. You felt that you were responsable for them and needed to be with them. I thought that if i removed them, you could run to me."

I shake my head, "Well, that didn't happen."

"Not at all," continued Alec. "I was still serious about bringing you back to the castle. But when I realized you were dying and I was killing you, several things fell in place. I didn't want to live in a world where you weren't alive. I knew that you wouldn't stop. I had to. It would be the proof I was different and maybe you would give me the chance."

I smiled, "And I did."

He nodded, "And you did. But Eric didn't do what I did. He hadn't ever seen his own mate look at him as if he was the scum of the Earth. He hadn't seen his mate choose someone else over him. Eric doesn't know pain of rejection, not truly. He is still in the first phase right now believing that his mate should just be a meek Alpha Queen who stands at his side. He had his mother growing up who spoiled him rotten. I think that Eric will take a long time to realize that it's not Sabrina who needs to change, it's him."

I brushed his hair out of his eye, "I didn't think my actions effected you this much."

Alec smiled softly, "How could they not? You're my world, my everything, my love, my life. Without you, my world crumbles. Without you, nothing would be enough and without you, I would be life less."

At this point, I had turned in my seat and I was straddling him in order to face him. He looked at me with suck love shining through his eyes. I leaned forward slowly and pressed my lips to his. He froze for a second with shock before quickly reciprocating the kiss. We couldn't get enough of each other. Despite us sharing a bed because of the mate bond, we were taking things slowly. This was one of the first times things got heated, but I'm not complaining. Too soon, we had to break apart in order to breathe. We were both panting, our breaths uneven and staring at each other. 

Alec's hand cupped my face, "I love you, Emma, my mate, my Queen. I love you so much it hurts and I'm willing to wait forever in order to be with you."

I looked at my mate and whispered quietly, not loud enough for him to hear despite werewolf hearing, "I think I might love you too, Alec, my mate."

***

Word Count: 1861

Lovey-dovey isn't my thing, but I tried a little. That's probably where my lack of inspiration is coming from, having to write scenes where she falls in love. I like action more after all. 

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

115K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
7.5K 524 25
Third story in the Alpha's Daughter and the Beta's son series. Kyle is now the alpha of the Nightshade pack and he is now looking for his mate. Wha...
2.1M 45.8K 29
"You know the stories about the alpha who rejected his mate, but she's pregnant? Yeah, I'm the daughter in one of those stories. My mom found my dad...
426K 9.6K 35
SK is the most feared Gangleader and alpha's daughter in the world.her father Alpha Hernandez is the most feared alpha in the world. If there is one...