The Billionaire's Assistant t...

By ShafiraSardar

He would have never hired her. One glance at that woman and you could just tell she was trouble. Scarlett Arc... More

Temptress
Miss Scarlett Archer
His Ego
Goddess of Teasing
A Friendly Kiss
A Quiet Night In
Coffee Made With Love
Lovely Dinner
The Argument
Hot Chocolate
Scarlett's Needs
Michael's Skills
Plans for Christmas
The Ex-Boyfriend
Christmas Party
Christmas Dinner
Cuddles and Pancakes
Noah The Hero
Scarlett's Confession
Drinks with Michael
Tiny Human
Snarky Scarlett
Proper Adults
Noah's Demands
Emma's Breakdown
Shady Restaurants and Proposals
Two Peas in a Pod
Turning the Tables
Sweet and Gentle
Connecting
Difficult Conversations
Violet Starr
The Wedding
Distracting Scarlett
A Big Family
Company Plans
Scarlett's Thoughts
Epilogue

Noah's Footsteps

7.9K 380 22
By ShafiraSardar

Scarlett had her suitcase opened on top of their bed, carelessly tossing her clothes into it. He watched her, leaning against the doorpost with his shoulder and his arms folded across his chest. His wife was always so organized yet she packed her suitcase or their honeymoon like an unwilling child.

"You want to skip the honeymoon?" He asked her.

He startled her. She pressed her hand against his chest and let out a deep breath.

"Don't creep up on me like that!"

He raised an eyebrow at her accusing face, "I've been standing here quite some time." He informed her. He pushed away from the doorpost and stepped to her opened suitcase, scanning through the clothes she tossed in without a care in the world.

"It's not that I'm not excited about it. I want to go on this honeymoon with you."

It sounded like an excuse and they both knew it.

She bit her lower lip nervously, "It's really not that." She repeated, "I just don't have the right clothes for a vacay on an island. I mean what do you pack? Just bathing suits and flowy dresses? I am not prepared for this."

"The villa has a private pool. So you can skip the clothes if it's that hard to find something to wear."

She looked annoyed with him joking about this. But he couldn't take her seriously when her concerns were related to clothes. There weren't many people around on the island. Looking good fashion-wise was not an issue at all.

No one cared.

"You're a guy, you just don't understand."

That wasn't true at all. His brother took clothes and looking good to maintain an image very seriously. He never mentioned how his brother kept reminding him not to hold any babies before their ceremony a week ago.

"I can assure you I know a guy who takes his clothes very seriously."

She narrowed her eyes on him, "Don't even try and bring Noah into this."

He didn't mention his brother to her, he was sure of it. His confusion must have been clear on his face because she laughed at him. She sat down next to her pink colored suitcase with a mischievous grin spread across her face.

"Your brother does have a great fashion style. I know Michael cares about his clothes too."

He sighed, "Fine, do I need to take you shopping? Maybe we can pay Dawn and Violet a visit too."

She got to her feet, excitement gleaming in her eyes. He wasn't sure if he got manipulated, but he sure as hell felt like it. She disappeared into their bathroom to freshen up and put on some more makeup.

He sat on their bed, texting Dawn to ask if it was okay to stop by.

"Tell her we'll take care of dinner too," Scarlett called from the bathroom.

Smiling he let Dawn know that they'd take care of dinner too. He loved to see his little Violet before they'd leave for their honeymoon tomorrow morning. She was growing up so fast. A little over three months. He wasn't ready for his baby to grow up.

But she was going to get bigger and bigger.

Scarlett who was ready to head out stood before him with a curious look in her eyes, "You okay?"

The background of his phone showed a picture of him together with Violet in his arms and Scarlett pressed against his side. He rose to his feet and pocketed his phone.

"Just realizing that Violet won't stay a little baby forever." He flashed her a small smile, "Shall we head out?"

She nodded, "Yes." She agreed walking in front of him, ready to buy some new clothes, "We could always make a baby."

He nearly tripped over his own feet by her casual statement like that, "What?"

She glanced over her shoulder, an innocent look covering her face, "What?" She repeated.

Scarlett was definitely messing with him but he couldn't help but wonder if she was serious about this baby making. He knew babies had been on her mind ever since she met Rose. He thought it was too soon because they just started out.

Then Dawn showed up pregnant with Violet so they didn't have the conversation again.

He didn't just want to brush off the subject. He knew this was important to her. Today was supposed to be a fun day without much stress. Shopping and dinner with Dawn while they cuddled with Violet. Then they'd leave in the morning for their honeymoon.

All he needed to do was be casual about it too.

Letting her know that he didn't think it was something they'd discuss years from now. They sorted out their lives and were happy together.

Why wait?

"I mean we can talk about it again when we get back from our honeymoon."

She spun around on her heels and looked at him with wide eyes, "Really?"

Cupping her face in his hands, he brushed her cheek gently with his thumb to comfort her a little, "Yes, we'll discuss it when we get back. Let's focus on our honeymoon first. I think we both need to get some rest."

"A week without your phone and computer, how will you survive?" She asked jokingly.

It wasn't a big deal, all he needed to do was delegate his work and trust his brother more. Noah was busy being a dad and he also had his own tasks at the company but he could manage. Michael offered to help out too.

Leaving for a week to enjoy his honeymoon with Scarlett helped his family grow closer. He wouldn't be surprised if his father dropped in at the office too.

Just to keep an eye out on things.

"My family is capable of keeping things running while I take the week off. I'll survive."

She grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly, "Your family is special."

He pulled his hand away from her and placed his arm around her shoulders instead, pulling him close and kissing her hair, "Our family." He corrected her.

Those words didn't scare her away. She wrapped her arms around his waist and held on tight. She loved the idea of the people who were all intertwined in their lives being her family too.

***

Dawn was seated at the dining table, enjoying her food together with Scarlett while Lucian was letting Violet rest against his chest and watching an episode of some comedy crime series he just had to watch because Dawn and Scarlett couldn't believe he didn't know what they were talking about when they kept joking around about this cop show.

"Oh, she's my favorite," Scarlett announced.

Soft laughter followed, "I mean she's a strong independent woman who hates showing emotions, what's not to like?" She asked.

Lucian was sure Dawn was being sarcastic. Scarlett must have noticed it too because she made Dawn apologize by taking away her chocolate dessert. He wasn't interfering with that one, they could figure it out on their own.

"Bet the assistant living in a dream world is your favorite character," Scarlett muttered accusingly.

Dawn let out a gasp, sounding very offended by it. If you took it out of context it could be seen as Scarlett accusing Dawn of a lot more. He knew she didn't mean anything by it though. Scarlett never hid things like that from people. If she disliked you, you just knew she did.

"Well, she's funny but I actually like the best friend. He's loyal and dependable. That's a good character right there."

They were going at it all night if he didn't interfere so even though he told himself just to stay out of it he couldn't keep quiet. They needed to leave soon because they still had suitcases to pack and Noah did mention the girls wanted to see them too before they'd leave.

Everyone was acting like they'd never return, it was a mere week away from the family but he wouldn't say that out loud. The drama which would follow was not worth it.

If anything it was his own fault for always being around, never taking time off to do something he liked. He rarely went on a holiday, maybe Scarlett was right and he was married to his work before.

Things would change now though.

He had Scarlett in his life and Violet. Soon they'd probably expand their little family too. Being married to his work would be a thing in his past.

"The captain is my favorite character. He's witty without trying to and like a dad figure."

Scarlett and Dawn fell silent. They took his words in and before he knew it Scarlett was seated beside him on the couch. Her eyes flickered to Violet in his arms. She couldn't help herself and gently brushed her fingers through Violet's dark barely there hair.

"So cute." She whispered and then flickered her eyes to him, "So you like this series too?" She asked, her eyes gleaming with anticipation.

"I like it." He admitted, he got to his feet and gently placed the sleeping baby in Scarlett's arms, "If you hold her I'll help Dawn clean up. We need to head home and pack our suitcases. Noah will drop by for a few minutes too."

He let Dawn sit and finish her food while he cleaned up the dining table, making sure the plates and utensils were washed before they left. He didn't want to leave her with a mess. She had Violet to take care of too. It wasn't much help but he knew she appreciated it all the same.

"Have fun and try and actually relax," Dawn told them as she walked them out.

Scarlett gestured to him, "You're referring to him, right?"

Dawn tried to hide her smile, glancing down at her feet instead.

He rolled his eyes at these women who were teaming up on him. It was unfair how all women in his life were always trying to mess with him. He didn't want his Violet to join them too. She was his little girl after all.

"I know how to relax."

It sounded weak and he knew it.

"We'll see." Scarlett smiled at him.

He narrowed his eyes on her, "The one who can barely sit still is you." He reminded her, "You always need to do something. I'm pretty sure that by day two you'll freak out because lounging by the pool is just not for you."

Scarlett gaped at him as if she couldn't believe he just said that. She didn't speak up because maybe she realized that he was right. He loved the idea of going to an island and finally not do anything other than lay back and enjoy the sun.

She, however, was the type of person who was very active. Even when she didn't go to work she always had a packed schedule. Her Fridays she always logged in to check on work despite her earning the day off due to her helping him with his mother's meddling months ago.

She realized too late that maybe relaxing on an island wasn't actually her thing.

He smirked when the realization hit her hard, "You could always bring a book." He suggested. He then turned to Dawn who looked worried seeing Scarlett's face, "Thank you for having us. You might not be able to reach me but Noah and Kim are happy to help if you need anything. Don't be shy, okay? Call them if you need anything."

She nodded, "Thank you."

He took Scarlett with him, helping her settle in the car. As he drove them home she finally snapped out of it and startled him by grabbing his arm without warning.

"Jesus! Scarlett, don't do that when I'm driving!" He warned her, his heart beating out of his chest.

"We're going to an island." She told him.

He knew since he arranged it.

"Yes, we're staying a villa with a private pool, three bedrooms and a hot tub."

"Great and all but you're right by day two I'd be so done with it." She whispered.

He was aware she'd say that. He figured she was unconsciously backing out with her excuse of not having any clothes to wear on their honeymoon. He was well acquainted with her clothes, she showed him every single piece when they searched for a dress which she could wear on their Christmas party at the hotel.

"Then I'll have to entertain you."

He felt her eyes on his face. It might not have sunk in what he was trying to say. He smirked when he did hear her follow with an 'oh'.

"I won't oppose to that." She grinned at him, "Do you think we can have fun in the hot tub?" She asked.

"I mean, we could try but Michael assured me that it wasn't as great as it sounds."

She snickered, "Of course Michael would know."

He grinned, "Noah had a pretty adventurous life too. That was until he met Kim."

"I can totally see that."

He was surprised she'd say that. Not a lot of people would say that about Noah. They were all fooled by his proper attitude. Always putting on a polite mask in public and knowing how to work the crowd. He was talented, really and he'd make a great CEO if he didn't dedicate all his time to his girls.

He admired that though. His brother pulled himself together when he got serious with Kim. He flickered his eyes to Scarlett who met his gaze and grinned at him,

And if he was being honest he was pretty sure he was following in Noah's footsteps. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 35 26
When Amaya Maxwell is left with no choice than to marry the Billionaire Liam Black who is infamous for his scandals, to avoid her family from being i...
85.9K 2.8K 143
"It's time to focus on the company and stop doing disasters, as I see no other option, you will marry Nathaniel." Scarlett's father said. "Son I thin...
220K 9.2K 25
Book 2: Hunter and Starr Rachel is falling hard and fast for Ethan Hunter, wanting to believe he is her Prince Charming. Yet Ethan never gives her a...
272K 7.6K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...