SatAM Goes BOOM!

By RoseyDanes

Boom Sonic can't figure out why the heck he woke up in SatAM's dystopian Robotropolis, where Hedgehog Village... More

Clash of the Cartoons
Shadow Gets Roboticized
Rescue Mission
Reversed by a Power Ring
Knothole
Bad Time to Race
Gotta Go Home
Oops, Wrong Hedgehogs
Snively is an Evil Psychopath
Boom Universe
Moody Sonic
Happy Truce
Sonic and Sally
No Time for Eggman
Dimension Zero
Shadow Eats It
Make Out with Sally
Home At Last
Short Battle Date

Hidden Bestie

469 12 9
By RoseyDanes

An hour later, Sonic zooms into the cave.

Sonic: (sigh) What the heck am I doing right now? Shadow, you in here?

Shadow Chaos Controls in front of him.

Shadow: You came... on time.

Sonic: Yeah and I brought you a Meh Burger cause, I don't know why.

He hands Shadow a paper bag.

Shadow: Like I said before, I'm not a fan of Meh Burger but I'll eat this anyway to show you I appreciate the gesture.

Sonic: Fair enough. Why'd you want me to meet you here?

Shadow: I asked you to come here so we could talk more about that dream.

Sonic: Oh. Well that's a relief.

They both lean against the rocks and relax as Shadow eats the burger.

Shadow: This isn't half bad now that they added the worms

Sonic: I'm sticking with Meh Chili Dogs. So... some dream, huh?

Shadow: Yup. So weird.

Sonic: Robotropolis, what a dirt hole. Am I right, or am I right?

Shadow: Big time. And that Robotnick, he deserved to die. Stupid jerk shot me even after I thought I killed him.

Sonic: Is that how it happened? Fill me in.

Shadow: Sally got abducted. You tried to help but Snively shot you and you ate it. Then Robotnick shot me and I ate it too. Just like how I'm eating this Meh Burger. We both died hard in that dream. Fun, right?

Sonic: Are you being sarcastic?

Shadow: Partially.

Sonic: I didn't die by the way, I woke up and found Sally near the Great Forest with you but you were already, well... you died, I didn't.

Shadow: I always die in my dreams, it's no big deal. I've never shared a dream with another hedgehog before. What'd ya think of Princess Sally and Snively and all the rest of it?

Sonic: Oh I get it, I feel you, bro. Let's see, Princess Sally, total babe.

Shadow: I didn't think that at first but have come to agree.

Sonic: Snively, complete psychopath. Eggman's a piece of work but I'll take him any day over that guy.

Shadow: Same.

Sonic: Chuck was pretty cool.

Shadow: He seemed smart enough.

Sonic: Knothole reminded me a little bit of Hedgehog village.

Shadow: Sorta, yeah.

Sonic: I don't care for that Tikal girl.

Shadow: No?

Sonic: And you... you make a good bestie. That's pretty much it.

Shadow: Are you gonna keep that gold ring of mine? That's the part that stumps me, that you have an artifact from my dream.

Sonic: I guess you can have it back if you want.

Shadow: No. Not really. Not if it makes you... happy.

Sonic: I don't want that echidna girl to come back looking for it.

Shadow: You really despise her, don't you?

Sonic: I dislike her... a lot. Bunnie was cool though.

Shadow: Mmm, Bunnie. Let's just say, Bunnie was a babe too.

Sonic: I know, right?

Shadow: You and Sally, me and Bunnie.

Sonic: Totally!

They fist bump.

Sonic: Wow, did we just fist bump? Hold on, are we friends now?

Shadow: A little. Only cause you and Amy already have a thing.

Sonic: Huh?

Shadow: It was a joke. You never kiss Amy like that.

Sonic: You're not gonna let that go, are you? And I never kiss Amy at all.

Shadow: She's missing out. Thanks for the burger and thanks for the talk. I should go, I have to feed the cat... cats.

Sonic: Wait, are you leaving? I just got here. Come on Shadow, join Team Sonic already. You know you want to.

Shadow: Not sure what gave you that idea. I do like Team Shadow and Sonic though.

Sonic: Team Sonic and Shadow.

Shadow: Team Shadow and Sonic.

Sonic: Team Sonadow. Wait. Wait no. (giggle) Dude no! Okay, don't be on Team Sonic. It's fine. Glad we had this chat.

Shadow: Where ever you went, Sonic, I went there too somehow. Maybe some other version of me but it was still me, the one you dream about.

Sonic: Valor Shadow is definitely my dream bestie. If you retained any piece of him, then I totally heart you. Guess that "dream" of yours brought us closer together. It wasn't a dream by the way but whatever.

Shadow: It did bring us closer together... salaciously.

Sonic: Stop. Don't be a stranger but like, don't make it weird.

Shadow: Understood. I'll be teasing you mercilessly from this point on.

Sonic: Wish you wouldn't. You teasing me over Valor You is like...

Shadow: ...some really mean, nasty version of Maria teasing me over... Maria?

Sonic: Why do I know what you're talking about? Okay, this is getting too strange. Now I feel like you when you were ranting about dimension zero.

Shadow: Don't freak out. Look, I'm sorry, I won't tease you about Valor Shadow. He's obviously the same person as me only from another dimension. You... are you gonna be okay?

Sonic: Always.

Sonic winks and gives Shadow a thumbs up.

Shadow: Hmph. Whatever, Faker. I know another sad hedgehog when I see one. Fine, I'll be nicer to you from this point on and maybe... come around a little more.

Sonic: Man, it's all so confusing but either way, come around a little more. Please, Shadow?

Shadow: You really do care, don't you? Look at you, with that gold ring of mine. Hmm, perhaps a rogue member of Team Sonic is something I can manage since it makes you... happy. If you love me this much, the least I can do is be your hidden bestie. The one you pull out of your hat when the others aren't available.

Sonic: It doesn't have to be a secret. I can have more than one best friend.

Shadow: Then our truce in the woods is still valid.

He takes Sonic's hand and shakes it.

Sonic: Wha? Really? Yay!

Sonic shakes Shadow's hand back enthusiastically.

Shadow: You take care of yourself too, Sonic the Hedgehog. I'll see you around, I promise.

Shadow Chaos Controls away.

The End. 

 Next story in the series: Shadowless World.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 345 17
Shadow is confused. Why have all the heroes allowed Eggman to reign supreme? Hoping to keep a low profile, the Ultimate Life Form emerges from the wo...
38.2K 1.2K 16
Biting your lip, you gave him a somber look. "I will come back." You weren't really sure why you said it. In fact, you didn't think you could stay tr...
59.1K 974 28
Sonic left Robotropolis at the age of eleven, going after Robotnik. After five years can he go back his kingdom? A story I uploaded on to FanFiction...
23.9K 605 40
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞? I own none of these characters...