Living With a Temperamental A...

By nhesslnk

When he stayed at her home for one night, he took her body in a drunken stupor. From then on, he had been a c... More

Living with a Temperamental Adonis
His Three Secrets
Her Love has Returned
How We Used to Be
100 Days of Cohabitation
The Person Hiding in My Memory
Her Honey, His Venom
Maniac Su and Sanitary Su
Karma Is Always Watching
Her Concern
An Impulsive Kiss
Don't Like Him Anymore
His Aid
We Have All Been Forgotten
Lifetime Complementary Card
Sincerity Is Just Next to Misery
I Will Not Touch You Again
The Most Silent Love
Sharing the Same Bed
Learning How to Stop Loving You
99 Declarations of Love
Warmth in the Heart
Stingy for That 100
What Is Youth Without Passion?
From a Moment to an Eternity
One Danger After Another
I'm Sorry and It's Okay
The Deep Kiss in the Deep Water
A Fool for Life
Was That You?
I Don't Need Your Charity
The Quiet Man
Too Weak to Get Angry
Stay Like This Forever
A Bad Feeling
The Glorious Years
Good Night, I Love You
Thank You for Letting Me Love You
The Contract Ends
Living in Memory
Another Meeting
The Man of Her Dreams Has Returned
The Wrong Message
Pulled Together by Fate
Her Approach
Know Thy Heart
So This Is Love
The Confession
He Is Not a Possibility for You
A Passionate Night
Is This for Me?
An Impromptu Journey
Take Care of You for Life
Tsundere Su
The Beauty who Caused the General's Fury
Love and War
Rebirth
Song Qingchun's Test
Accidential Discovery
You Like Me, Right?
Our Paths Didn't Cross
Let's Get Married
Exchanging Invitations
Single for Life
The Person He Likes Is You
Conceal
The Fall
Overheard Conversation
Qingchun, I Love You
99 Mails
Diary for One
I'm Not Marrying
Yes
She's Really Pregnant
A Hug
You're More Important than the Child
Her Hesitance
A Hint That Cost Her Life
So We Can Be In Love
Tingting, I Have Superpowers
99 Wishes
Flushing Her Out
Split-Second Decision
Song Qingchun's Su Zhinian and Su Zhinian's Song Qingchun
Leave Before I Return
Hello, Sir, Goodbye, Sir
Don't Act Innocent In Front of Me
I'll Sleep on the Sofa
Save the Pity Party
Remember to Take Your Medicine
Her Decision
A Heartfelt Kiss
Can You Forgive Me?
I've Been Thinking About You Agai
Paper Note
Chit Chat at the Table
Chance Encounter
Memory
Ending
Epilogue's Epilogue
Our Childhood
Our Youth
His Disappearance, His Appearance
Don't Believe in Love, Believe in Me

Domestic Violence

1.3K 52 3
By nhesslnk

Su Zhinian could see stars before his eyes and did not even have the chance to say a word before Song Qingchun pulled her knee back and aimed at his crotch.

If this really connects, it’ll definitely be broken…

Suppressing the pain from his head, Su Zhinian raised his hands in a hurry to block Song Qingchun. His action was construed by Song Qingchun as retaliation. It only incensed her even more. Without giving it much thought, she raised her hand to swipe harshly at Su Zhinian’s head.

“Su Zhinian, how dare you counter? Yesterday, you locked me up against my will, and today, you want to hit me…”

The more Song Qingchun yelled, the angrier she became. She once more tried to knee Su Zhinian. The man blocked it with his leg, and the impact caused him to groan with pain. He grabbed her flailing arms and stopped her by hugging her body tightly. Then he explained, “I’m not trying to hit you…”

Song Qingchun, who had practically lost her sensibility from anger, ignored Su Zhinian completely. Locked in his binding hug, Song Qingchun bit angrily at his arm. She did not let go until she heard Su Zhinian groan. He sucked in a deep breath alongside the rest of the sentence. Due to pain, the force of his embrace around Song Qingchun weakened.

Song Qingchun pulled herself off from him. She took a step back and kicked relentlessly at his lower abdomen. Su Zhinian’s brows were knitted deeply as he held his stomach with his hands, leaning against his car. Before he could do anything, Song Qingchun charged at him like a crazed wildebeest, her claws and jaws glinting maliciously.

She was so fast and relentless that if Su Zhinian retaliated or defended himself, he would hurt her, so to protect her, he could only suffer her aggression silently. She kept on attacking him until she felt completely drained. She stopped to catch her breath.

He sat down on the cold asphalt floor with his hands over his stomach. He leaned against the tire with a face grimacing with pain. His breathing was heavy and uneven.

Song Qingchun stood before him and stared down at him. There was a ball of fury burning in her eyes. She took several deep breaths while glaring at him before hissing the following through gritted teeth. “Su Zhinian, you asked me just now if I knew what I was doing and why I was asking so crazy.

“I’m telling you now, I know very well what I’m doing. From the very beginning, I knew what I was doing!

“I’m not acting crazy, especially just now. I was very determined to hurt you!

“I understand your concern, but that doesn’t mean I approve of it. Therefore, Su Zhinian, I, Song Qingchun, tell you clearly and openly. Your decision, other than being together with me, will not be accepted!

“And don’t think you can make me accept anything else!”

Song Qingchun’s speech was not too fast nor too slow. Her tone was laced with strong determination.

She had delivered such heavy physical punishment and was scolding him openly, but Su Zhinian could feel an inexplicable warmth slowly enveloping him.

“Therefore, Su Zhinian, don’t think you can leave me while you suffer in the darkness of the hell alone and pass the days by overdosing on tranquilizers. Don’t think you can force me away by getting married!

“I’m telling you, Su Zhinian, you’re my man. The only person that can stand by your side is me, Song Qingchun. If you cannot marry me in this life, then don’t you dare think about having someone else take that spot. Therefore, you’d better remove marriage from your mind…”

Talking about this made Song Qingchun roll her eyes with anger. Hugging her arms before her chest, she glanced incredulously at Su Zhinian and scoffed, “Considering marriage? You must be kidding me!”

Su Zhinian, who had been listening to her quietly, peeled his eyes back softly and uttered in a clear and flat voice, “But… I wasn’t kidding.”

“You!” Song Qingchun raised her leg to kick at Su Zhinian. Su Zhinian moaned. His lips moved, but before he could say anything, he saw Song Qingchun raise her leg again. He eventually chose to shut up facing her silent threat.

Song Qingchun put her leg down with satisfaction. Looking down on Su Zhinian, she continued her tirade. “…After tonight, if I hear anything about you getting married, be prepared to suffer! But it’ll be worse than tonight. I’ll send you right to the hospital next time. Next offense will be hospitalization for a month, after that… Don’t need to think about after that anymore.

“Su Zhinian, I’m warning you, if there’s a next time, I’ll break your legs instantly, but don’t worry, I will do my best to take care of you for the rest of your life!”

Su Zhinian’s eyes were glowing with curious and blinding light. He adored this side of Song Qingchun because he could sense her concern toward him and how deep she cared about him. However, at the same time, it made his rational decision start to waver as it got ceased with uncertainty.

He could feel the blood in his veins boiling, taunting him, urging him to pull her down into hell with him, but he really could not do it, to use his hands to ruin her life…

Su Zhinian lowered his head and was silent for a moment before raising his eyes to meet Song Qingchun’s gaze. “Song Qingchun, you have to know that even if you don’t approve of my action, it doesn’t mean that you can stop me. For example, you want to be with me, but if I don’t want to… you can’t do anything about that, right?”

The most hated thing in the world for Song Qingchun was how cavalier Su Zhinian could be when they were in the middle of an argument or when he rejected her. It made her feel so insignificant, like all she said didn’t matter.

Her chest started to rise and fall unevenly due to anger. Her fists gripped tightly, and her teeth chattered with anger. “Su Zhinian, do you have to do this?”

Su Zhinian held his breath to hold the emotions that were churning in his chest. He nodded quickly before he had chance to reconsider. “Yes. You said, you will not approve of any decision I make other than being together with you, but I’m the total opposite. I can promise you anything, even death, but the only thing I cannot do is to be together with you.”

“Then, die! You bastard…” Song Qingchun took another step forward, looking like she was going to skin him alive.

However, she only just raised her feet off the floor when she stopped like she just remembered something. When she read the diary yesterday, the first emotion that came to her heart was heartache and wistfulness. In fact, that anger originated from her heartache. She only came to this decision after plenty of contemplation.

She knew better than everyone else that their love could never be blessed by the world. She was afraid, very afraid, of others’ scornful gazes, afraid that they would point and talk about her behind her back, afraid of being isolated and treated as a monster… But no matter how afraid she was, she still bravely took the most difficult first step.

She had given up the whole world for Su Zhinian. Yesterday, when he went to meet Qin Yinan, she had been anxious. However, when she sat across from Qin Yinan and told him everything, she felt everything was settling into place. On the taxi back to Su Zhinian’s bungalow, she had asked herself, Will I regret this?

The answer had come clearly and confidently. Never.

In the future, even if she was abandoned by the world, yes, she would be saddened and hurt, but she would never regret this decision. On the way back to his bungalow, she had kept envisioning if she told him she wanted to be with him, would he hug her happily or regret her?

Based on what she knew about him, the possibility of him rejecting her was much higher. At the time, she had even told herself, It’s okay, there’s still time. You can slowly convince him.

Later that night, she had opened her heart up to him, but he had locked her up in his bungalow and escaped. Then, she had switched to the method of annoying him endlessly, but no matter how hard she stuck to him, all he did was ignore her, even thinking about pushing her away by getting married.

Finally, she used physical force… but he still rejected her.

She had done everything she could think of, but she had still failed to convince him. However, that was okay because she still had one last power move left. Song Qingchun looked left and right and spotted a beggar underneath one of the show windows.

Song Qingchun pulled her leg back then turned around in a wide arc. Without telling Su Zhinian what she was up to, she strode toward the beggar.

Wait, wasn’t she going to kick me? Why did she just walk away so easily? Su Zhinian stared at Song Qingchun’s back with a deep frown on his face. He sat up straight with confusion. He looked on as Song Qingchun walked to a beggar and squatted down beside him.

With his super-hearing, he could hear Song Qingchun ask the beggar with a giggle in her voice, “Do you think I’m pretty?”

Has she lost her mind? Why would she go ask a random stranger such a question in the middle of the night?

Even though Su Zhinian did not think that the beggar would be a bad person, he still stood up using the side of his car as support because he was concerned. He rubbed his stomach to ease the wounds before walking toward Song Qingchun and the beggar.

It was unclear whether the beggar was stunned by the sudden enquiry or by Song Qingchun or honestly startled by her beauty, in any case, under the dim street lights, he stared at the girl before him for a long time without reacting.

Even though Song Qingchun was squatting before the beggar, her attention had remained focused on Su Zhinian. When she saw him stand up and walk toward them, her heart settled. Then, she tilted her head to the side and repeated her question. “Do you think I’m pretty?”

The beggar stared straight at Song Qingchun. He nodded a bit dumbly at her and stammered, “Pre…pretty.”

“Do you like how I look?” Song Qingchun asked gently.

“Of, of course.” After the beggar answered, his cheeks started to blush, and he lowered his head shyly. Su Zhinian could hear their conversation clearly and accelerated his speed.

“My name is Song Qingchun, what’s yours?”

Through the corner of her eyes, she could see Su Zhinian hasten toward them, and Song Qingchun’s mood improved. She cupped her head in her hands and continued chatting with the beggar.

“I, I, I…” The beggar repeated ‘I’ many times before lowering his shame with shame and whispered, “I… I don’t have a name. My friends call me Two Balls.”

Song Qingchun was startled. She did not think she could utter the words ‘Two Balls’, plus it sounded very disrespectful. She thought about it and said, “How about I call you Brother Two?”

Brother Two? Su Zhinian did not realize that he was basically jogging at this point.

The beggar scratched his head shyly and chuckled twice from this ‘Brother Two’ that escaped from Song Qingchun’s lips.

Song Qingchun was silent for quite some time squatting before the beggar. It was not until she could hear Su Zhinian’s footsteps clearly that she said, “Brother Two, you said that I’m pretty and you like how I look, so what if I ask you to marry me, will you do it?”

Su Zhinian stopped right about five meters behind Song Qingchun.

Will you marry me? The girl found a random beggar on the street to marry just to prove her point?

The beggar definitely did not see this coming. He had been begging on the streets for all of his life. People had given him money and food, but this was the first time that someone had donated a wedding proposal. He stared at Song Qingchun open-mouthed like he had lost his mind.

What does it mean that Su Zhinian has stopped? This method also fails?

Song Qingchun’s heart dropped slightly, but her face maintained its soft glow. She whispered intimately to the beggar, “I’m Song Empire’s young lady, and my brother is ST Empire’s CEO. Well, the public doesn’t know this yet, but my brother is very good to me. He gave me eight houses as a dowry, and they are all prime real estate in Beijing city.”

Of course, he could hear the sarcasm in her voice. Su Zhinian, who stood not far away, uttered in a cold voice, “Song Qingchun, stop acting foolish, step away from that man!”

Song Qingchun continued like she had not even heard Su Zhinian. “Also, my brother has given me thirty percent of ST Empire’s stock. If you marry me, that money will be yours, and you will not have to live on the streets anymore, so will you marry me?”

At that moment, the light glowing in the beggar’s eyes was like he had won five hundred thousand dollars. His dirty fingers pinched his own thigh. When he felt the pain, he slowly recovered. He was not dreaming; this was real. A fairy had appeared in his life asking to marry him with a large dowry. Are all rich people this crazy?

The beggar blinked several times but did not dare speak as if worried that the moment he spoke, the girl before him would disappear.

“Song Qingchun!” Su Zhinian’s voice was dripping with anger.

If this was before, Song Qingchun would definitely be spooked by this tone from Su Zhinian, but now, she had nothing to fear. She did not bat an eye at Su Zhinian. She winked at the beggar and smiled brightly. “If you say yes, we will go register at the registry office first thing tomorrow morning.”

The beggar was blinded by Song Qingchun’s bright smile. He stammered, “Is this for real…?”

“Of course, it is…” She just tossed her bag away, and her car key was left in her car, so she had nothing valuable on her to stress the point. She lowered her head to look around her body, but she could not find anything expensive.

Eventually, she tried to yank the jade bangle off her wrist. However, she only did that half way when she remembered the golden button hanging from her neck. She raised her hand to pull it off and handed it to the beggar. “If you don’t believe me, I can gift you this as down payment. This is made of pure gold, and even though it isn’t worth too much, it is still worth something.”

That was his button that she had been wearing around her neck. Even though she already knew that he was her life savior, he did not ask for the button back from her because he liked the idea that she carried on her something that was once close to him. However, now, she pulled it out to give to a random stranger as… down payment? Was she selling herself to the beggar?

Even though he knew that Song Qingchun was doing this on purpose, it did not stop the jealousy and envy from bubbling up within Su Zhinian.

“Song-Qing-Chun!” Su Zhinian hissed out her name syllable by syllable. His tone was so chilling that the beggar whom Song Qingchun was talking to shivered uncontrollably. He glanced at him with fear in his eyes and immediately stood up from the floor, attempting to escape.

However, Song Qingchun reached out to grab the beggar’s arm. She turned around to smile at Su Zhinian. Then she pointed at the beggar beside her and said, “Brother, this is my new fiancé, what do you think?”

Fiancé? Su Zhinian’s fists tightened. Song Qingchun knew that the man standing before her was at his limit, but that was her point all along; she wanted to anger him to push him to his very limits!

She turned fearlessly to smile at the beggar with a smile as sweet as honey, and she made the introduction. “Brother Two, this here is my older brother. His name is Su Zhinian, ST Empire’s CEO. As the saying goes, when the father is not around, the eldest son shall take his place. Quick go and greet him, and we will consider that meeting my parents.”

Song Qingchun could hear Su Zhinian’s knuckles cracking crisply, but she was not done yet.

She hollered at Su Zhinian, “Brother, what do you think of fiancé? He’s just perfect, isn’t he?”

Perfect‽ Su Zhinian was angered beyond words. He pulled on his tie with agitation, and there was a murderous glow in his eyes.

Well, is that fiery enough for you or not? If you think that’s not enough, let’s make this fire burn even brighter! Song Qingchun smiled gently at Su Zhinian. “Brother, does your silence mean that you approve of my fiancé?

“Brother Two, this is wonderful, my brother has given his silent approval, so we can get married tomorrow.

“Brother Two, what are you doing standing there like a pole? Quick, thank my brother! By the way, Brother Two, even though you look older than my brother, we value hierarchy in this society, so you still need to refer to him as your brother! Quick, try it once!”

Goaded by Song Qingchun, the beggar tried to call Su Zhinian “Brother”, but before he could issue any voice, his mouth clamped up from Su Zhinian’s icy gaze, and his legs started to shiver.

The only thing you know how to do is bully a normal citizen. What a man you are!

Song Qingchun puffed up her cheeks in anger. Noticing Su Zhinian still standing where he was, she gritted her teeth silently. She prepared to also push herself to the limits. She did not believe he would not react after she pushed things thus far!

Song Qingchun gathered her courage and told the beggar, “Brother Two, since my brother has already approved of this marriage, then shall we have a love-binding kiss? After all, we’re getting married tomorrow, so I don’t mind sharing the night with you. After this kiss, let’s go to a nearby hotel to get you all cleaned up. Then we’ll go to the registry tomorrow, what do you think?”

Song Qingchun’s tone got sweeter as she progressed. The sweeter her voice got, the bigger the flame in Su Zhinian’s eyes. “Song Qingchun, I will count to three. If you don’t stop this nonsense by then, you…”

Before Su Zhinian could finish his threat, Song Qingchun suddenly stood on her tip-toe to reach toward the beggar’s lips.

Su Zhinian’s words were caught harshly in his throat. He cursed under his breath. Ignoring the fact that she was taunting him, ignoring the conviction he had built for himself, with a narrowing of his eyes, he controlled the beggar to move his face away to avoid Song Qingchun’s lips. Then, with two or three steps, he rushed to them to grab Song Qingchun’s arm and pull her away from the beggar.

“Big brother, what are you doing! Why are you stopping me from kissing my future husband?”

Su Zhinian’s chest was rising and falling nonstop. He searched for a stack of bills from inside his pocket and tossed it to the beggar. Then he pulled the gold button Song Qingchun had given away from the beggar’s fingers before walking toward his car, dragging Song Qingchun along with him.

“Let me go, I want to stay with my fiancé, let me stay…” Song Qingchun dropped to the ground, trying to use her body weight to stop Su Zhinian.

Su Zhinian turned around to glare at Song Qingchun, who sat on the ground with no regards for her image. With a twist of his wrist, he pulled her up from the floor and hauled her over his shoulders. He carried her in such a manner over the zebra crossing.

“Put me down, you bastard. Aren’t you going to get married with that girl soon? Why do you care what I do with my life? Didn’t you want me to stay in heaven? As you wish, I found myself a new fiancé, so why did you break us up! Let me go, I want to go and find my fiancé!”

Song Qingchun was placed heavily on the ground by Su Zhinian. She turned her head to look at the roadside. The beggar had grabbed the stack of money Su Zhinian tossed him and run before more trouble came to him.

“My fiancé is leaving; I have to go with him…” Song Qingchun grumbled as she shoved Su Zhinian away. She started to move toward the beggar, attempting to run after him. “Brother Two, wait for me, I’m coming with you…”

Su Zhinian grabbed Song Qingchun’s wrist to pull her back and shoved her inside his car.

“Brother…” Song Qingchun only got one word out before Su Zhinian suddenly leaned in to press his lips over hers.

Why are you kissing me if you do not want me‽

Song Qingchun turned her face away out of petty anger to avoid Su Zhinian’s lips. Su Zhinian turned his head to follow her.

Do you think this can solve the problem?

Song Qingchun turned her head the other side to avoid Su Zhinian again. Su Zhinian raised his hand to grab the girl’s chin to force her face to stay in place. He leaned in for the third time, and his uneven breath slowly approached her lips.

They had not kissed for a long time, and the moment their skin touched, a strong jolt of electricity ran through both of their bodies. Song Qingchun’s body shivered, and her struggle to run away from him stopped.

Su Zhinian slowly rubbed her lips, savoring it and tasting it as a continuous wave of shivering parsed through their bodies. He slowly pulled out his tongue to lick her lips before pulling her teeth open to dip into her mouth.

In her anger, she bit on his tongue, causing the man to groan with pain. However, his tongue did not show any sign of leaving her mouth. Her teeth that clamped over his tongue gradually loosened as his tongue continued to wiggle in her mouth. The speed of his tongue increased as his action became more domineering. Eventually, he had his hand at the back of her head, and they lost themselves in the fiery passion.

The fury in her chest gradually faded following his kiss. Her hands slowly moved upwards to hug his waist to reciprocate his passion. He pulled her deeper into her arms, and the two leaned into the kiss along the side street.

After a long time, one that felt to be a century long, he finally released her.

His breath was uneven, and her face was flushed. He leaned his forehead against hers while his hands cupped her face with his thumbs slowly and firmly caressing her cheeks. His voice was low with a deep magnetism, sexy and alluring. “Tingting, don’t do that in the future anymore. Don’t call anyone on the street your fiancé…”

“If you don’t want me, then I will continue to do that, find a random stranger on the street to marry…” Before Song Qingchun could finish, Su Zhinian once again blocked her lips.

Her lips were incredibly soft. Even though he had just kissed her earlier, he still found himself unable to resist the temptation. His kiss was forceful, and he almost peeled the skin off her lips. He was addicted to her sweetness. He could not help but continue to lean forward until her whole person was pressed up tightly against the car.

Due to pain, she moaned softly, and it was then that he slowed down. However, he still showed no sign of moving apart from her. He held her head in his hands and allowed his tongue to explore deeper into her mouth.

Song Qingchun felt her body slowly becoming putty because of his kiss. Even the pain from her back started to fade into the background. Her surroundings, her breath, and her mouth were filled with his scent. The air in her lungs was slowly sucked away by the man. She gripped his shoulders, hanging on for dear life. She opened her lips slightly attempting to take in more air, but this only caused him to kiss her harder, his tongue ravaging her mouth without reservation or hesitation.

Su Zhinian only let her go when Song Qingchun was struggling for her last breath. Heaving greatly with his head lowered, he stared deeply at her face that was dyed red. He hissed through gritted teeth, “Tingting, you’re making me crazy…”

His tone was extremely brutal, and yet it was filled with a sense of helplessness.

I’ve always prayed and wished for you to have a better life, but you keep coming to shake my conviction again and again.

“You have to understand that I’m powerless before you…” Su Zhinian looked like he could rush forward at any moment to snap the neck of this woman. He gritted his teeth darkly, but he could not be angry at her; he did not have the heart to blame her.

In the end, he sighed deeply. He raised his hands to slowly caress her forehead, to put her hair that was tousled by the wind behind her ears. He held her face in his palm, and he sighed softly yet with a tone full of helplessness. “Tingting, tell me, what should I do with you?”

His tone was pitiable yet alluring, pampering yet distancing. Song Qingchun’s fingers that held his shirt trembled slightly. Unconsciously, she peeled her eyelids back to meet his eyes.

The emotions that originated from the kiss remained at the bottom of her eyes. It caused him to lose his focus, and he only recovered several minutes later. His thumb continued to massage her supply cheek, and his lips moved, his tone carrying with it traces of loneliness and melancholy. “Tingting, do you know how hard it is pretending not to care?”

Even in his dreams, he wished to lavish his attention on her, but for the sake of her future, he could only pretend not to care.

Pretend not to care…

These simple words completely dispersed the anger and depression in Song Qingchun’s heart.

At that moment, even though she couldn’t tell what he was thinking and wouldn’t be able to access his thought from a diary entry, the phrase ‘pretend not to care’ was like a giant force hitting her directly at her heart, letting her feel his helplessness, his struggle, his pain, and his heartache.

Song Qingchun’s eyes could not help but redden. When she opened her lips next, the earlier anger and stubbornness had completely disappeared. What remained was merely a soft gentleness and a faded concern. “Then what about you? Do you how much you’ve hurt me over the past two days?

“Do you know how much courage it took me to commit to that decision to be with you? I’ve exhausted every bit of courage within me to ask you let me accompany you in hell, but you turned around wordlessly and locked me up in your house. No matter how mad I acted or how loud I yelled, you refused to give me any response.”

Song Qingchun’s eyes started to well up. Su Zhinian held her close to his heart and lowered his eyes to hide the apology in them. He simply allowed her to vent on him soundlessly.

“The first thought that crossed my mind after leaving the bungalow was to go look for you, but you refused to give me any chance to speak. No matter how hard I followed you, you kept sticking to father. In the end, you even said you’d consider marrying someone else…”

Tears fell down Song Qingchun’s cheeks slowly. Her soft and gentle tone became colored with resentment. “…Su Zhinian, do you know, even if I can’t marry you, I will not stand idle and watch you marry someone else? Unlike you, I can’t pretend not care when watching the one I love marry someone else even if it kills me to do so.”

“I know.”

I know I’ve been hurting you, but at the same time, I suffer ten times the pain you’re suffering. At the darkest moment of my life, you walked in like a ball of light. Even now, twenty years later, you’re the purest existence in my life. I really don’t want to pollute you despite the crazy desire to pull you into hell with me so that you’ll belong to me forever. Tingting, listen to me. Can you hear how cruel and how dark I am?

A light sadness crawled unto Su Zhinian’s face. “…I’ve always known that. Ever since I found out that you’re my sister so many years ago, I’ve been hurting you.”

“But now? Do you still plan to hurt me?” Song Qingchun stared directly at Su Zhinian, her teary eyes surfeit with nervousness. He knew how afraid she was, afraid that he might reject her one more time.

He also read from her heart what her next course of action would be should he reject her.

This means that no matter what I say, she is hell bent of being together with me?

Her determination, her stubbornness, and her refusal to leave him alone…

A cocktail of emotions crowded his chest, creating violent reactions with one another. Su Zhinian’s fingers that caressed Song Qingchun started to quiver. He stared into her eyes and asked clearly and seriously, “Song Qingchun, do you understand what you’re saying?”

Song Qingchun held his gaze, and her answer came out clear and without hesitation. “I do.”

Through the physical contact, he could read the most authentic thought in her heart, and they were identical to the answer that left her lips.

It reminded of the clarity of her trust so many years ago when she said, “Big brother said that you’re a bad man, so you have to be a bad man.”

“I know very well what I’m talking about.” Song Qingchun waited for a moment before continuing. Certain words she had told Qin Yinan but had never told him, so she did not mind repeating them. “I’ve never been clearer with my decision in my life. Su Zhinian, I want to be together with you. In this world, you’re the one who treats me the best. You can’t be so responsible to run away after you rose my standard so high. To hell with the world, even if the whole world is added up, it cannot be better than you…”

Song Qingchun’s answer reminded Su Zhinian of the words he read from Qin Yinan’s heart that morning.

As long as I have Su Zhinian, I’m not afraid because the whole world, for me, is incomparable to one Su Zhinian. I’d rather give up the whole world if I cannot have Su Zhinian. Su Zhinian is my life.

Su Zhinian could feel his blood surging through his veins. Even though he tried to keep his voice even, when he spoke next, his voice still trembled. “Tingting, what if I tell you, the moment I say yes, you’ll lose the opportunity to get away from me? Even if you regret it in the future, I’ll never let you go again; will you be afraid?”

“I’m not afraid,” Song Qingchun answered with the same clarity as before. As if afraid that he would not believe her, she even nodded twice at him.

“Not only that, I can’t give you a romantic proposal like a normal couple; I can’t give you a lavish celebration on Valentine’s day like a normal couple; I can’t even give you a luxurious wedding like a normal couple. Won’t you regret that?”

“I will not regret any of that.”

“We can’t ever hug each other in broad daylight or even admit to the world that we’re in love; we can only survive the rest of our lives in the darkness. Are you sure that is what you want?”

“I’m sure.” Song Qingchun smiled softly at Su Zhinian. Her voice was as gentle as moonlight, but it belied an iron will.

“I can never put your name openly beside mine. I can’t even give you a child. Tingting, have you really thought this through?”

“I have. When I went to search for Brother Yinan last night, I already did.”

The moment Song Qingchun finished, Su Zhinian reached out to pull her into his tight embrace.

Do you know? God is fair to everyone. He has given me a superpower that no one else has but has condemned me to a life of solitude and pain. However, ultimately, I am happier than others because I have Song Qingchun.

Su Zhinian pressed Song Qingchun tightly into his chest but did not think that was enough. He increased the pressure as if attempting to press her into his frame. This is the best feeling ever; it’s like I’m holding the whole world in my arms.

Su Zhinian was so touched that his eyes reddened with tears. One of his tears fell from his eyes, slid down his cheek, and fell onto her neck. With his mouth next to her ear, he croaked, “Tingting, you know I’m powerless before you…”

The tear might be light, but it carried an impossible weight it. The moment it fell on Song Qingchun’s skin, she shivered, and her arms reached out to hug Su Zhinian’s waist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.1K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
7.5K 177 27
After moving into your new house with your parents. You find out that your new neighbors have a son who you quickly become close with. But you're jus...
37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...