Rising (A Pokémon Adventure)

By Lolasi2505

Three trainers, one an old soul of queenly royalty, another a modern genius of a boy, and the last a ruffian... More

Chapter 1 - Fight or Flight
Chapter 3 - Shy Kids Stay Together
Chapter 4 - It's A Date

Chapter 2 - Bonds of a Lifetime

23 3 0
By Lolasi2505

Not my artwork! If it's yours and you want me to take it down please message me!
=====

It was a beautiful morning, the sun shining, the Flabebe floating, the Fletchling singing, and the Buneary frolicking. A peaceful and soundless blonde girl slept on a queen sized bed, the royal purple canopy and sheets boasting their colors in the sun.

"Absol... Absol sol."

"Mm?"

Pale eyelids fluttered open, shining sky blue eyes taking in the shiny Pokémon in front of her with a soft and tired smile. She rose from her slumber like a modern Cinderella, the Disaster Pokémon her awaiting prince. "Morning Absol..." The young girl yawned, hovering a hand over her mouth to make the simple action regal.

"Master Lucinda?" The one in question turned her head, the Dark-type doing the same. The butler fit with a suit and tie wasn't unnerved by the two pairs of blue eyes resting on him, instead continuing his message in a proper tone. "Your breakfast is ready. Your mother and father are waiting to have one last meal before you leave for your journey."

It only took a moment for the girl to completely process but the instant that she did she gave a closed eyed smile. "Of course, I'll join them in a minute. Thank you."

"Of course, Master Lucinda," The butler politely bowed his head, closing the giant doors gently enough only a 'click' was heard.

"Time to start," Lucinda smiled at Absol, the Dark-type nodding back when he saw the excitement in her eyes. She reached for her gem encrusted brush, the small stones digging into her hand as she brushed through her lightly tangled hair. Pretty soon she was finished with that, taking a moment before putting her hair into a Dutch braid. Lucinda stood up with practiced grace, petting the stationary Pokémon on the head as she stepped past and to her large step in closet.

"Hmm, what to wear?" The blonde hummed softly, spinning around to take in her massive selection. "Definitely not a sundress, they are still cute just not quite practical," Lucinda turned away from the items in question while the Disaster Pokémon waited patiently for her just outside the closet. "I'm definitely wearing these sandals. Those jeans work... I like that tank top but something's missing... Ah hah!"

Lucinda stepped out, doing a little twirl for both the Pokémon and the mirror. "How do I look?" Her outfit was quite simple but she pulled it off perfectly. She had on sandals with purple straps, dark blue skinny jeans completing her bottom half. On top she wore a purple tank top, a simple light gray shawl resting on her shoulders to cover the straps.

"Absol!" The Dark-type barked his approval, the girl giggling at the shiny's excitement.

"Something's still missing," The girl mumbled quietly. Absol tilted his head before getting up and grabbing something for her vanity. "Perfect, thanks Absol," The Pokémon nodded at the human's gratitude, letting her take the necklace from his mouth. It was a simple charm necklace, one charm being a rose with its stem, another being a four-leafed clover with no stem, and finally a North Star charm (all of them were silver). The star rested in the middle with the rose to the left and the shamrock to the right. "Let's go meet Mom and Dad!"

"Absol!" The red shiny nodded along, following in step behind the girl. They walked down long, lonely, and shadowed halls, the sun creating breaks in the darkness through the grand windows.

"Hello dear," Lucinda's mom greeted with a smile. The woman had bright blonde hair, her green eyes glimmering with her perfect teeth. She sat at the other end of the grand table that reached the entire length of the 30 or so feet that the center of the room allowed. At her place, there was a grand arrangement of silverwear, complete nonsense to those not practiced in the ways of the ball room.

"Hello Mom, Dad," The girl greeted, smiling back as she sat down. Picking up the right fork and knife she quickly cut into her waffles that were already waiting with added syrup, taking a bite of the fluffy treat classified as breakfast with a satisfied hum.

"So my little Lucy Luce is heading out on the start of her journey," Lucinda's dad added the teasing with twinkling green eyes, his dirty blonde hair already in a professional do. "What were you thinking of doing exactly?"

"Well as amazing as I am I don't think that battles are my forte," The food in the girl's stomach seemed to give her enough energy to be egotistical. "But with my beautiful looks and brilliant eye showcases are right up my alley."

"We'll watch every one of your performances," The woman from across the too long table promised.

"You better get going. Lumiose City isn't too far but the early bird gets the worm," Lucinda nodded in agreement to her father's statement, the last scrap of pancake forgotten as she stood up. The small family walked outside, Absol staying with them while they stood in front of the mansion's doors. "You'll do great hun!"

"Here," Lucinda's mom handed the girl a small folded piece of plastic and metal and a backpack. At seeing the smaller's confusion at the former she quickly explained, "It's a map. Any information you need of any routes or cities is right there. Do try to be careful, love you," The green-eyed blonde hugged the blue-eyed one, the man present quickly turning it into a group hug.

"I will, love you too," Lucinda smiled at them once the family separated. "Next time we meet face to face you'll be looking at the new Kalos Queen!"

The dirty blonde man gave a laugh at his child's confidence, "That better be a promise!"

"You're already royalty to us, dear," Mrs.Lucinda chuckled before lifting a hand and waving the girl away. "Now go show the rest of Kalos who's the ruler."

"Yes 'mam!" Lucinda joked, jogging away and waving over her shoulder as she walked out of the gate and threw on her new backpack. Absol watched her go, the girl disappearing from view long before the Dark-type stopped staring at the gate. Lucinda, or Lucy, didn't notice, instead opting to switch to and from sprinting and jogging to her destination.

After a bit of this Lucy grew bored, slowing to calmly walk and check the map that she was given. "Let's see..." The girl hummed, figuring out the small device quickly and zooming in on her location. Pressing a few more buttons she continued to plan out her walk. "If I go this way then I'll--"

"Skitty!"

"Ariados..."

There was a small explosion, a cry, and a hiss of two different Pokémon, all of it jolting Lucinda from her little world. An Ariados stood in front of a cowering red and orange Skitty, the purple glow around its jaws indicating the preparation of another attack. Lucinda quickly interrupted the scene, scooping Skitty in her arms as she ran past and booking it. Her sandals did little to cushion her feet, her erratic breathing caused by swerving away from Sludge Bombs. The Pokémon in her arms could only stare at the human's face while they moved across the path with the speed of a Rapidash.

Luckily for the two who were fleeing Ariados got bored, skittering off elsewhere and leaving the girl to pant and gulp in air. After a moment or two of recovering she turned her attention to the small shaking Pokémon in her arms. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Skit, Skitty," The Pokémon mumbled out, looking up at the girl in a mix of fear, appreciation, and curiosity.

"Alright then, let's take you to a Pokémon Center to get healed," Lucinda decided, continuing on her original route to go to Lumiose City. "Now that I think about it, you want to join me on my journey? I'm not officially a trainer yet but I will be soon. That means that you can come with me when we win the title of Kalos Queen."

"Skit?" The Kitten Pokémon asked curiously with a small head tilt.

"It's a grand title that only those with beauty, talent, and grace can achieve. You participate and win in showcases across Kalos to gain Princess Keys. Once you have three of them you can go into the next level, Master Class. If you win a contest held for the entire class you can compete against Aria, the current Kalos Queen. If you win against her then you're the new Kalos Queen," Lucinda rambled, Skitty calmly listening to it while snuggling deeper into the human's embrace. "I'm going to be competing for that title and with you and whichever starter I acquire we'll be down the right path."

"Skitty Skitty Skit," Skitty nodded along sleepily, starting to feel dizzy from the damage Ariados had dealt.

"So you want to join me?" Lucinda clarified with a hidden grin.

"Skit," The red and orange Pokémon nodded once more, the last action preformed before the Kitten Pokémon faded from consciousness.

"Great! I'm actually really happy that you agreed because while I like Pokémon and everything trying to catch them isn't my thing. I mean in order to do that you have to battle them and I always freeze up when I try to give orders on the flip of a hat. I-- Skitty? Shoot!" Lucinda finally broke off from her rambling and looked at the Pokémon in her arms. She shifted into an all out sprint, entering the city at a breakneck pace. Before long she was dodging pedestrians and lamp posts, twirling out of the way in time or doing a quick sidestep.

The blonde bit her lip, recalling the map in her mind and going off of her original route. The Pokémon professor, Professor Sycamore, was closer than the Poké Center. A few dozen yells of protest later she was running up the stairs to his lab, slamming open the door with her shoulder with a large bang following. "Skitty needs help!" Lucinda panted, the professor and his two assistants jumping at the sudden intrusion. On the side of the room they were present in a Fennekin jumped, a Chespin hid, and a Froakie that was used as a hiding place just blinked.

"Oh dear!" Sycamore took one look at the off colored Pokémon in the girl's arms and was instantly running to her. "Sophie! Get the pod ready! Cosette! Help out our girl here!" Sycamore took the Kitten Pokémon from Lucinda's arms in a flash. Sophie ran down a hall while Cosette took the arm of Lucy and moved her to sit on the stairs.

"What happened?" Cosette asked, rubbing the girl's arm a little in a show of comfort.

"There was this wild Ariados," The ten-year-old started. "It was attacking Skitty. I ran in and grabbed them before Ariados started another attack. We were forced to run and dodge for a while before it left us alone."

Cosette waited for a moment before clarifying something, "So Skitty's not your Pokémon?"

"No," Lucinda shook her head softly, sighing before taking out her braid. "They're wild. I was hoping to catch them after I got my starter."

Cosette nodded and stood up. The magenta haired assistant then smiled at the blue-eyed girl. "You'll have to wait a bit for the other trainers to come. Why don't you play with the Pokémon in the meantime?"

Lucinda smiled right back, "That would be lovely," She didn't even need to stand up, the three starters walking over on their own. The girl smiled, engaging the Pokémon with a friendly voice and sparkling blue eyes.

She learned that Froakie was the most laid back and lazy of them. Chespin was the shy one while Fennekin was just as friendly and regally held as Lucinda. Eventually, a ravenette with gloves stepped into the building, a brunette with sunglasses resting on his head not far behind. Lucy quickly stood up and stood with them while Sophie came back. The starter Pokémon sad to see her go but they jumped on the table as told to by the bluenette.

"Hello," Sophie greeted the new trainers with a smile. "Seeing as you're all here now we can start the process. Well then, ladies first," Sophie nodded at the blonde who nodded back.

Lucinda stepped forward, already knowing who to pick from her time with the starters. "Hey Fennekin," Lucinda greeted, leaning a little to meet eye to eye with the Fox Pokémon. "You want to join me on my journey?"

"Fen!" Fennekin agreed immediately, jumping at the girl who luckily caught her. Lucinda had a grin on her face, grabbing Fennekin's Pokéball and tapping the other on the head. The little one disappeared in bright red light, a small 'ding' from the Pokéball resulting in the Fox Pokémon's capture.

Lucinda didn't pay much attention to the other trainers and their choices, deciding to instead sit on the stairs once again and brush out Fennekin's fur. The girl stayed in her own little world, not noticing that the others had trickled out and now it was only her and her new Pokémon. Fennekin eventually fell asleep, curling up on Lucinda's lap to lightly snore the time away.

Suddenly the door was nudged open, a familiar Pokémon forcing his way in. "Absol?" Lucinda gasped quietly, picking up and lightly setting a disturbed Fennekin on the stairs next to her. The blonde stood up, meeting Absol in the middle while a sleepy Fennekin trailed behind. "Why are you here?" Lucy asked, crouching down to the other's level to get a better look at him. Absol held a Pokéball in his mouth, a small cord with a roll of paper on it acting as a makeshift necklace.

"Absol," The Disaster Pokémon scratched lightly at his neck, his claw snagging and cutting the cord.

Lucinda caught it before it hit the ground, slipping off the paper in curiosity. Taking off the tape with care she unrolled it to read aloud. "Absol became very agitated when you left, he wouldn't stop looking at the gate. After a bit, we decided to ask why and it became clear he was missing you. We came to the conclusion that it would be better for both of you if Absol joined you in your journey. We released him and sent him on his way, knowing he would find you. He is wild right now, the perfect time for you to catch him and make him your Pokémon. Love and care, Mom and Dad."

"Absol," The Pokémon nodded, agreeing with the girl's parents. He set the Pokéball in his mouth between the two, sitting down and waiting patiently.

"Skit Skitty!" All heads turned to a surprised and confused Sophie, the assistant carrying a tray with five Pokéballs, a Pokédex, and a talkative Skitty. The Kitten Pokémon took one of the red and white orbs, jumping down and jogging over to the trio. Sitting down and rolling the Pokéball to the new trainer, Skitty sat just as patiently as Absol.

Lucinda blinked once, twice, before grabbing both Pokéballs and looking at them. "If you two want to come with me I don't see why not. Welcome to the team kind gentlemen."

"Skitty!"

"Ab Absol."

Almost immediately after the two were caught they were called out again. Lucinda smiled, taking the Pokéballs minus one and the Pokédex from a silent Sophie with an appreciative nod before running out the door. Her new Pokémon were quick to follow, hearing her excited cheer with smiles of their own.

"Time to show the world that we're here!"

=====
This chapter took longer than it needed to. Though I'm personally delaying writing more of 'Stubborn'.
Anyways, that's enough from me! Thanks for reading! This loving cool cat's out! :3 <3
(I mean this loving cool Skitty's out! Get it?
...
Okay, I'll go sit in my corner.)
Word count: 2559

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 326 24
~(This book is under heavy rework. 07/21 Chapters reworked. Be aware, chapters will not line up with each other during this period.)~ Kalos. A place...
21.1K 464 18
It's been years since Ash and Greninja went their separate ways and as time went Greninja have adapted to Kalos and human life becoming a guardian of...
89.2K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...
41.8K 1.8K 34
The whole point of Travelling across the regions for Ash was to not have a boring life with a corporate job, but now, 8 years later, he has both of t...