A Walk On Ice

By lesbianecrivain

In an all-girls school, there studies Carroll Coleman and Melissa Madison, who are rivals ever since they sha... More

1: Nothing's wrong
2: Pride
3: Power
4: The meeting
5: Best Friends
6: A Change Of Heart?
7: Sleepover
8: Freed
9: A Phenomenon
10: Working Together
11: Warming Her Up
12: Result
13: Acquaintances
14: Jealousy..
15: Backing Out
16: Moving out
17: Whipped
18: Peruvian Lilly
19: Elections
20: The Out
21: Forgiven
22: The first girl I loved
23: Let Me Drown
24: Work of Art
25: Promise
26: Opening The Book
27: Solace
28: Confirmation
29: Confession
30: Picnic Date
31: Damsel In Distress
32: Safe
Author's Note!

33: Let It Go

2.4K 89 79
By lesbianecrivain

With a loud thud, the door of my car hit its frame as I stepped out of it. The cool winter breeze hit my skin causing goosebumps to rise on its wake. I almost shivered. Almost. Then I think my subconscious reminded me who I am.

The ice queen. Elsa, as my close friends refer me to as. Either way, the cold should not bother me. It never bothered me.

But that is the problem. It did bother me. In the past years, it may not have been a big issue. But now, I don't know how but I'm sure I didn't just shiver from the cold, the cold wind caused me to jerk forward. Thankfully, I didn't fall and was still standing on my feet.

Where has the ice queen gone?

Gone.

Gone is the old Carroll Coleman, the ice queen, the cold and heartless bitch, the cunning president.. and every negative adjective I could describe myself with. My facade is now gone. The mask that I've worn for years has finally fell off my face.

Everything slipped from my fingers.

As if I let it go, like Elsa.

Letting go of my past, my fears, my grudge–well, not entirely yet but I'm making a process–, myself..

I'm finally starting to embrace myself and express who I am. I'm starting to not care about what other people might say because of my self-expression, starting to not care about what people will say every time I'm being affectionate to my girlfriend in public places..

I'm getting better for someone who has been nothing but a heartless bitch to everyone I see, even my own parents.

Who was able to get the better in me?

I wouldn't even realize that I'm already inside this familiar enormous marble mansion, if it weren't for the loud thud the main door made as it was closed rather with too much force exerted on it. I let my eyes roam around this house that I used to live in. Nothing has changed, everything is still dull to me. So lifeless and meaningless. So sad and lonely, like this place is not a home to a family.

Upon hearing one of the maids address me as 'Miss Coleman', a smile graced my lips which I think was the cause of the shock written all over her face. Well, it is a phenomenal to see Carroll Coleman with a smile, that is not infamous or cunning, plastered on her face. My smile was not devious, which was probably why the other maids stared at me as well.

"Dahlia," I called out, hoping that my memory served right. "And to all of you," I added while gesturing to the whole staff that is now gaping at me. "You are not to call me, Miss Coleman, ever again.. Is that alright? Carroll is fine with me, no need for any formality.. I'm younger than all of you, so I should be the one doing the respecting, okay?"

"But miss–"

"No Deborah," I put a finger up to cut her question off. "No 'Miss Coleman' crap anymore, Carroll does just better. Do you get that?" I questioned, referring to everyone, before getting myself silent nods coming from them. "Good," I smiled. "Don't forget this talk, okay? The same goes with Carl, he's just a kid like me." Again, they nodded altogether which made a smile appear on my lips that of course took all of them in surprise.

The famous ice queen smiles? Well, what a real phenomenon it is, even rarer than the northern lights.

Deciding that my business here is done, I headed straight to my father's office. I haven't seen the old man for quite a while now. Well, only weeks, but you get what I'm trying to say. I have lived all my life under my father's wing, but in a snap I moved out and went to my mom. After knowing what really happened, my mother's home, although I am only living there for not so long time, felt more homey than this spacious marble house. As much as a marble is cold, that is what the atmosphere in here gives me.

Nevertheless, I endured the cold and loneliness all those years when my mom was gone. Being back here brings back horrible times and memories that does nothing but to cause a slight feeling of fear to crawl into my nerves.

The fear of returning to that obnoxious cycle.

"Carroll, my dear," my father spoke with ever so charming tone.

If I were a fool, I would have fallen for it. I came here to give him a chance to explain, but I still have my guard up. Never let it down, especially with someone who betrayed someone else's trust, because there is likely a chance that the person will do it again with pleasure.

Turning around with my lips in a straight line, I faced my father. "Greetings, father." I said with a serious yet hinted with respect voice.

The man chuckled. "Why are you so formal, Carroll? I'm not used to–"

"Well father, I have always been like this. How should I act around my father? Do you want me to be rude and disrespectful around you, father?" I interrupted.

Taken a back, my father's blue eyes widened. Instead of reminding me a particular pair of eyes in the same hue, his eyes reminded me of how blue I was when I was still stuck in this house that feels like cage up until now. Albeit there are no restraints, I feel my neck constricting as the air is being knocked out of me every seconds pass that I spend here.

Not so homey.

His voice abruptly turning cold and dead serious, father stated as if to reprimand me, "I didn't mean it that way, Carroll." Now this is the Caesar that I'm looking for and known. The beast has finally resurfaced and showed himself. What a hideous beast my father is.

Putting my weight on my other foot as I crossed my arms over my chest, I questioned, "Get to the point, father. I have got to be somewhere more important than here." That somewhere being by Melissa's side. She needs me now more than ever, and I do not desire to let her down in any ways possible.

"And where could that place be?" Father queried, his voice turning sharp, with his bushy brows furrowing together as his hands fell into the depths of the pockets of his pants. "In that abomination's house!?" His voice raised as he let those words out.

I could not stop my hands from clenching upon hearing those words come out of his mouth. How dare he..

"So that is what this is all about?" I raised a challenging brow. "Summoning me just to talk nonsense? Tell me what it is you need from me, father. Be straightforward as you are."

He sighed and looked down before bringing a pair of sharp blue eyes to look back at my sharper icy emerald orbs, that are already glaring right through his soul. I don't give a damn if he is my father. If he is not going to accept who my heart chooses to love, then I might as well forget that I even have a father.

I can't deal with another person who is homophobic or who wants me to be "normal" according to the norms. I want to let myself free after all the years I isolated it from the world. I want to be able to finally express who I really am. I wan to show everyone that I'm more than just an ice queen as they know me as.

I'm sick and tired of living just to please these fucking people. If I were born just to please the living hell out of other people, then my mom shouldn't have bothered carry me in her for nine months.

Clearly, my father will not be the one to put a halt at me being free.

"Stop seeing that...poor excuse for a human being."

My lips quirked up at that. "She has a name, it's Melissa, and it's even more beautiful than your personality, father."

A hard palm made contact with my soft and pale cheek which caused a smirk to appear on my lips. "And that is a fact," I added. "Why should I stop seeing her though? I thought you wanted me to be happy with my life?"

"I want you to,"

I quickly countered, "Then what is the problem, Father?"

He sighed. "I just want you to be normal.." That caused every cell in my body stop moving as every pint of my blood started boiling.

I growled. "And what is normal, father? Where did you get your standards?"

"I—"

"I'm sick of your stupid bullshit, father," I told him, smirking to myself when I was graced by his shocked face. Still prude to me being rude to him, I see. "I don't want to hear anymore of it. So, I propose you not to call me until it is something really important, and that important not being a homophobic jerk you are, father."

With that, I didn't wait for him to respond as I was already striding down the stairs with loud steps following right after.

Smirking I thought, I really am Elsa.

Just like what her song said, let it go.

And she's right, let everything go and do not give a single damn about the people around you because you need to be you and always give yourself a break. Do not live your life by someone else's standards.

Well, screw them, that's your life and they should not meddle with it. People should never stick their noses onto someone else's business.

***

I smiled as soon as I saw the sight in front of me. Everyone is present in the room. Georgina and Emma are on Melissa's side, sitting and talking with her; Hector is talking with a woman who looks a little bit like Skye; while Michael is asleep on the couch, a man with curly red hair beside him also asleep. Apparently, not everyone is present. Skye is missing in action.

"Hey Carroll!"

Just when I was about to go inside the room, a loud greet startled me that I almost stumbled and hit the door. I turned around with a pissed look written all over my face.

"Oh hey Skye," my anger was gone in an instant. "Where were you?"

"Oh, I was out buying food for Mels.." She answered, showing me the bag she has in her hand. Skye looked around, as if to check if someone's listening, before whispering, "You know how hospital food tastes like,"

I chuckled at that. Yes, especially knowing Melissa, she will never like the food in here. "You're indeed correct, and I brought her donuts too." Skye glanced down to my hand before nodding to herself. "Why are you out here, Carr?"

"I was just about to go inside but you suddenly showed up.."

"Oh, sorry for that.." Skye let out a sheepish chuckle. "Let's go in then, lead the way,"

I opened the door for the both of us.

"Hey Carroll!"

"Hey Skye!"

We were greeted by their smiles that reached up to their ears. My heart is very warmed by their welcome. I'm so touched, I think I could cry right here because of the overwhelming emotions I'm currently feeling at this moment. Why did I let grudge take over my heart for such a long time when all I could've done is to open up my heart to Melissa and had this sooner?

I really am an idiot.

"Baby come here," Melissa told me while gesturing with her hand.

I did as told without any questions asked. I went to her side in an instant and stared at her resting body, which is now full of life. Thank strong Melissa, my Supergirl, my Kryptonite.

"Yes dear?" I asked while stroking her cheek with my cold slender pale fingers.

I never asked God for such a goddess to come to me, but I'm still thankful. I don't know if I'd open up to someone if it weren't for Melissa, my great girlfriend.

"You're crying, will you tell me why?" The blonde queried, and as if to prove I am indeed crying, she asked while wiping my tears from my cheeks with her thumbs.

I shook my head, a smile on my lips, as my eyes closed on their own accord. I'm so contented with this, with Melissa and everyone...

I finally have home. A family.

"It's nothing," I waved my hand off. "Nothing to worry about, just good things.." I assured her when I saw the skeptical look she has on her ocean blue orbs, that I can't help but to drown deeper in them. It is the perfect shade of blue that doesn't remind me of sadness, instead I remember every happy memory I made with this awesome person holding my hand.

"You sure, baby?"

I nodded happily before bringing her hand up to my lips to give it the attention it deserves. Melissa, on the other hand, sighed contentedly at my action and a smile graced her lips that I so badly want to kiss right now as her eyes closed in sheer bliss. If it weren't for the people around us watching, I would've devoured Melissa right here.

"Maybe Carroll just wants to kiss you, baby girl.."

At uncle's comment, I couldn't contain my laughter.

"Is that true, babe?"

I glanced over my shoulder before settling my gaze down to Melissa again. With a smirk, I told her, "A hundred perce–"

I wasn't able to finish my sentence as Melissa cut me off by putting her lips over mine, kissing me passionately yet hungrily as if she hasn't done this for a while and it is the thing that she craves for the most right now. Well, it is the thing that I am craving for every single day.

Seeing everyone here happily watching us as we kiss and this girl in front of me kiss me happily, I finally have the answer to my question earlier. Who was able to get the better in me? Who always had hope in me.. The person who did everything just to protect me..

Melissa Madison is that person. Without her, I'd still be the cunning cold-hearted bitch I was. Without her help, my mother would still be screaming for my forgiveness. Without Melissa, I wouldn't be able to let go of my past..

I love Melissa Madison.

And no one is going to take her away from me. No one is going to be a hindrance to our relationship. Not even my asshole father.

My love for Melissa is as strong as her, and not a single person is going to take her away from me as long as she loves me.

And I think that would last forever.

Thank Melissa, she guided me. She pulled me up from my own ice lake, defrosted me, and saved me.. Together she walked with me on the ice..

She became my light, my everything.

It was fun having a walk on ice together with her.

I'm going to love her forever and keep her warm just as she does to me.

“I love you Melissa Madison,”

My sudden confession seemed to be the cause of the silence in the room. It was so silent that I feared Melissa might not want me anymore as she finally woke up and saw how messed up I am.

"You're not a mess, Carroll," My girlfriend said, taking my hand in hers before kissing the top of it. "And even if you were, you're the mess that I'll always want to have.." I chuckled at that.

"Don't worry, Carroll. I'm not going to let you go anytime soon. You're going to have to deal with me, whether you like it or not."

Little did Melissa know that that is the only thing that I want to do.

"Oh and Carroll?"

"Yes?"

"I forgot to say, I love you too."

With that, we locked lips again. This time, I could hear applause coming from behind me, which I suppose are our family.

I fucking love Melissa Madison.

Who knew that your mortal enemy could also be your soulmate?

Damn so cringey but I'm not complaining!

~~~~

The End. I mean they're going to have their own lives now. I think of adding a few more chapters, but this felt right somehow.. Aww, I wish I had my own Carroll lol. Who is your favorite? Carroll or Melissa? Or Skye, Georgina, or Emma?

For me I really love Carroll.

So yeah, I think of adding a bit more chapters as a bonus. Tell me what you think about it, please! 😊😊

Thank you for reading! Love y'all everyone! 😊😊😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 62.2K 53
Ani is the ASB President and Newspaper President. She's always on top of her shit. You never find a single answer wrong or a problem she can't solv...
520K 21.1K 39
I glanced down to her lips but then I scooted away while clearing my throat. She hmm'd, "You tried to kiss me again." I shook my head and said "Nope...
13.3K 451 11
Read Part 2 ' Higher Ceilings ' When Done Jordan, 19 only had two semesters at Howard U and had to come back home to try and save up more money for s...
12.9K 462 23
Two girls. At school they're total opposites. The cheer captain and the loaner geek. But at home, life isn't all as it's seems. And one teacher, and...