The Blade Princess

By FairySalvatore

Liahna is the Princess of Kingdom of Silverlights. While she pretends to be the gentle and shy girl, she is s... More

Prologue
--- Damsel in Distress---
--- Sold---
---One Trap to another---
---Training---
---Mistakes---
---Scars---
---Brutal Games---
---Shift of atmosphere---
---Trusting---
---Identity---
---The Coronation---
---Reason---
---Plan in Action---
---Dream and Nightmare---
---Finding a Purpose---
---New Enemy---
---Hunting Accident---
---The Healer---
---Painful Truth---
---The Masked Prince---
---Tournament Winnings---
---The Prize---
---Quest for the Cure---
---Price to Pay---
---Trust Issues---
---Exploring---
---Binders Curse---
---Excuses---
---Double the Grief---
---Bargaining---
---The Champion's Ball---
---Back to Nevarlia---
---Soulmates---
---Damsel to the Rescue---
---The Bigger Truth---
---Layers of truth---
---Wedding Dance---
---Call of Duty---
---Breaking the Illusion---
---Mistake of Healing---
---Imprisonment---
---The Auspicious Time---
---Escape---
---Vital Information---
---Divide and Manage---
---Going back home---
---One on One---
---Relicia---
--- Soul Trapped---
--- Filled with Wrath---
--- The glass coffin---
---The Cruelty of Fate---
Epilogue

---Open Book---

4.4K 318 56
By FairySalvatore

Averia was elated on seeing the Healer come back with a cure. She held onto his hands as they walked and Bretrarum played his part well. I tried not to feel agitated at the whole thing. Tonight was the last night we had to stay in the mountains because we needed the moon to make this particular magic work and as mentioned, my help which I had no idea how to do it.

But Bretrarum did and I was keen on learning it.

As the moon went up in the sky Bretrarum sat next to Averia's sister and chanted the words from the scroll which apparently only he could read because they made no sense to me. As he did that the girl lying in front of us started glowing slightly and a shield formed around her.

"it's your turn, Princess." He whispered.

"What am I suppose to do?" I asked clueless of my work here.

"You have never broken a magic seal coming from Silverlight royal family?" He asked genuinely shocked.

"Never," I answered in a small voice for some reason feeling useless.

He sighed like this was unexpected and contemplated for a moment.

"It's not difficult just requires focus. Observe the magic around her and try to break the shield. You did manage to make a hit while we practice this should be easy for you."

"The sparkling thin sheet around her you mean?" I asked and saw surprise flicker in his eyes.

"You can see it then?" 

I nodded and that made his lips lift in admiration, "Imagine in your mind that you are breaking it."

So I did and for the first few tries, nothing happened.

But then it felt like a sharp force hit the barrier around her and it shattered. Like it took immediate effect, she gasped and opened her eyes.

"Well done," Bretrarum said with obvious admiration in his voice.

"What- What is happening?" Averia' sister said.

"Call the Sorceress," Bretrarum called out to the guards outside the door while Bretrarum checked her pulse.

Apparently, she recognized him and sighed in relief.

Soon, Averia rushed in and smiled to see her sister well and conscious.

"I am grateful for what you did." She said her eyes brimming with tears.

"Likewise Sorceress," Bretrarum said thanking her for my cure.

"And I suppose like always you will leave now?" She asked sadness evident on her face.

She liked the Dark Prince way too much for my discomfort. Earlier I would have not felt a tad bit worried because I was also a Princess with a Kingdom, an army to boast off and treasures to spare. Now I was just a girl with nothing left with her, with some knowledge of the art of war and weapon. I was not a good choice to be a wife or a Queen, maybe a solider.

If the day comes, Averia was a far better choice than me.

 "You know how I am needed all over the world for my healing powers." He said with an air of arrogance I seldom hear him use.

"That I do. I hope to see you soon." And came forward for an affectionate hug.

I averted my gaze to avoid hurting myself.

"Also, if you need any help, remember I will always be here." She offered and Bretrarum nodded curtly.

As soon as we were done with a torturous farewell, I gave a curt bow to the Sorceress and started moving forward with a faster pace to get away from this place as fast as possible.

---

"Something is bothering you?" He asked and I felt like kicking him.

"You think?" I said sarcastically and kept my pace of walking.

"We are far away from the Mountains now, you can take off the mask." He said.

"Mind your own business, Prince." I spat out, hunger, jealousy, and tiredness all hitting my brain.

"And to think I scared you when we met."

"You never scared me." I lied, "I hated you."

"I am glad that it's in the past." He sighed with relief.

"Who said that?" I came to a halt to catch a breath after all that fast walking.

"You said hated and not hate."

And mentally groaned at my own mistake.

"Leave me alone," I said not having anything else for a smart comeback.

But before I could resume walking his hand caught my wrist and my stomach somersaulted.

"I don't understand. Why are you jealous of her?" He asked knowing too well of what was bothering me. 

He was not lying when he said that he could read my expressions.

"Because she loves the healer while she is set to marry your other self. She owns a kingdom and is smart and brave enough to handle it. She is extremely beautiful and you two did not start with lies and betrayal.

Do you realize that Dark Prince, you abducted me, kept me alone for months in a room while I lost my everything? I had no one to share my sorrows with and all I did was go through training with you. For me, you were the famous killer right hand of the King and yes I was terrified of you. You know how I feel and I am trying my best to trust you again but after all, I went through Prince forgive me if I can't break the walls I built for my own well being.

Who knows when you see a better princess come along and leave me, again." I was breathing heavily as I ended my outburst surprised at how much everything was bothering me.

A heavy silence settled between us and I didn't look up at him afraid of what I might see.

He sighed heavily and that meant he was exasperated maybe as he let go off my hand. Instead, he came closer and pulled me in for a hug. He was not the kind of person to embrace casually and that I have learned from his somewhat cold distant nature but this was different.

It felt like he was letting his actions speak for himself.

And then lifted his head up, his face inches away from mine. I can see myself in his beautiful indigo eyes and like always I forgot everything for a second as I stared into them. They held an enchantment in them and I fell for them every time. His arms still on my waist he looked at me with multiple emotions which made him look more human and more handsome.

"Remember what the witches mentioned?" He said looking at me.

I have never seen him looking this vulnerable.

I just nodded not sure how to speak at that moment.

"You are my failed mission." He said and it was not said like an accusation.

"Me?" I said barely managing to form coherent words with his indigo eyes consuming me.

"My mission was to kill you, to finish the last of the magic binders. But I failed that with an excuse to train you and send you as a spy to Henley. I failed again. My mission was to treat you as a sacrifice for the good of several others but I failed and here I am. So no matter if any other princess comes along or that you don't have a Kingdom at your disposal I am not going anywhere. If it takes forever for you to forgive me I will wait." He said and bent down to kiss me.

And as soon his lips found mine, I was defeated.

 My anger, jealousy, insecurity drained and I could just feel his lips healing me.

As he broke the kiss and observed me for any kind of response I felt pressured after throwing a tantrum in petty jealousy.

"I was kind to you even after your interaction with Tibran." And I looked up surprised at his confession.

He could have killed me a long time ago but he didn't, he couldn't. I was alive because of him. It must have caused a butterfly effect on his plans and his life and yet he has kept me alive. He didn't know it yet but I have started trusting him again when he put his life and reputation at risk to come and save my life or several times before.

I had so many things in mind but I wanted to say one thing at the moment, "Bretrarum, thank you." And tiptoed to give a kiss on his cheek.

He was taken aback because affection was never initiated by me. And after I just snapped at him, I must have looked slightly weird.

"And I am sorry. I just-I just see nothing but darkness in future for myself." I said defending myself for snapping at him when he has been nothing but helpful.

"I apologize too. I - I have never been expressive with my feelings. Honestly, I  didn't have any feelings like before. I don't know how else to show them." He looked flustered and this made me happy that he was as human as I was.

He was just the silent type to not share his feelings.

"Where did you first see me?" I asked curiously as he mentioned saving me in the brothel.

How did he know I was there?

"At a ball, with Henley." He answered and I realized I have been to only three balls and two of them had been in my own Kingdom.

"Was it then you decided to hate me?" I asked since he did start with wanting to kill me.

"Never. I have never hated you. For me, at that time you were just another princess till I saw you at the brothel trying your best to save the girls you never met." And there was a faint smile on his face.

"Even though you took me from there and God knows what happened to the poor girls," I said trying not to feel too happy about the fact that my un-princess like behavior was what attracted him to me.

"They are safe." He said and I looked at him in shock.

He did save them.

"Why would you not tell me?" I asked in a tone of disbelief.

"Because I wanted you to hate me."

"You should have tried better," I mumbled feeling slightly bad at my behavior towards him.

"Glad I didn't." He said casually making my heart flutter.

Suddenly I felt a presence and went on alert mode but Bretrarum just turned casually. His right-hand man, the one we met earlier was standing there looking paler.

"What's wrong Eirik?" He asked.

"The King, he knows you are not in the tournament and he is here." He said and fear struck me but this time for a repercussion Bretrarum will face.

"Here as in?" I asked.

"In the Kingdom where the tournament is held," Eirik said.

I saw Bretrarum's expression darkened and I had no idea how I could help him in this situation.

 "Let's see what father wants." He said in an annoyed tone.

"Princess let's get ready for some action." He said and I wondered what he had mind this time.

---

it's cant always be Paradise people lol.

Also, I have a lot of interesting things in my head for this one. We are not even close to ending xD

I hope you are enjoying it so far :)

Let's just hope that King of Nevarlia doesn't kill anyone xD

Also, you might find some hint or something anywhere on my page about something...wow I am bad at this LMAO

anyway, NEXT UPDATE: MONDAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 6.3K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...
3.3K 377 49
Gifted to a monstrous prince and expected to fulfill his every whim, a nameless slave yearns for one thing above all else: her freedom. There may be...
743 104 16
For as long as Ray could remember, she's felt as if she's been drowning in an endless sea, struggling to keep her flickering flame alive. An invisibl...
1.8K 278 32
Brooklynn Daniels wants her eight grade year to go by as fast as possible so she can start her interesting life in high school. Neat clubs, cool boys...