Renae Dreams 2

By _jasthewriter

dé·jà vu / déjà vu noun: a feeling of having already experienced the present situation. Also known as a tedio... More

1.) Same love
2.) Haters link up
3.) Where it started
4.) Reports & Repercussions
5.) When in Greece
6.) Heartfelt Confessions
7.) His reason to breathe
8.) Promise
9.) Say What?
10.) Touch down
11.) February 2nd
12.) Drunken Mind
13.) Rocky
14.)
15.) Making it right
16.) Friend?
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)
21.)
22.)
23.)
24.)
25.)
26.)
27.)
28.)
29.)
30.)
31.)
32.)
33.)
34.)
35.)
36
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
41.)
42.)
43.)
44.)
45.)
46.)
47.)
48.)
49.)
50.)
51.)
52.)
53.)
54.)
55.)
56.)
57.)
58.)
60.)
61.)
62.)
63.)
64.)
65.)
66.)
67.)
68.)
69.)
70.)
71.)
72.)
73.)
74.)
75.)
76.)
77.)
78.)
79.)
80.)
81.)
82.)
83.)
84.)
85.) The Wedding
86.) The Reception
87.) The End To The Beginning

59.)

3.1K 147 315
By _jasthewriter

It was Thanksgiving morning and Mama Karen, Tamia, Lucy, and Mrs. Capri were in the kitchen preparing the food and getting breakfast out of the way.

The men were out getting a few more drinks and watermelons while Renae sat in the movie room with Eve and the twins watching Monsters Inc.

"Normally for Thanksgiving, I always starve myself until the food is done," Eve laughed as she picked up a mango and peeled it.

"I still do that now, but since Mrs. Capri offered to cook breakfast I don't mind it,"

"Yeah, I do enjoy her cooking and I can see you've been eating well here," Eve giggled touching Renae's thigh.

"I've been trying," Renae laughed peeling the banana for Reign.

"Is that all they eat?"

"No, they love literally everything but bananas seem to become Reign's favorite and Kaari seems to love mangoes more," Renae explained.

"I can see that," Eve said watching Kaari stuff her mouth with the mango slices.

"They're gonna be short, I can tell," she added and Renae laughed.

"That's what my dad said, he said they'll take after me or will be a little shorter,"

"I can see it," Eve replied picking up a kiwi slice and offered it to Kaari but she pushed her hand away and Renae laughed.

"No, no," she said before stuffing her mouth.

Eve gasped and looked at Renae who was laying there laughing her ass off.

"What did I do?"

"Nothing," Renae giggled.

"Give her a mango and she'll take it," she added and Eve did just that and sure enough Kaari took it from her and smiled.

"Oh you bougie bougie," Eve teased and Renae laughed nodding.

"More like picky," Renae smiled looking towards the door just as Dajon walked in.

Kaari dropped her fruit and stood up giggling and Reign looked at Renae then at Dajon and held out her half-eaten banana.

"You just had to come in here," Renae smirked when Dajon laid between her and Eve and Kaari sat on his stomach trying to feed him the mushy mango.

"Y'all already knew I was coming for this one," he said then let Kaari feed him and she squealed when he tried to bite her finger.

"DJ!" Reign beamed.

Renae, Dajon and Eve looked at each other then at an excited Reign.

"What'd she just say?" He asked having a hard time believing his own ears.

"DJ!" She repeated.

"Oh I'm finna act a fool," Dajon laughed sitting up and sat Reign on lap grinning.

"Say it again mama,"

Reign stared at him nervously as if she said something wrong then looked at Renae for help.

"Say it again babygirl," Renae encouraged.

Reign looked at her messy hands then at Kaari who was too busy enjoying her fruit.

"I don't know," Reign said holding her hands up.

"DJ," Dajon said pointing to himself. "That's me, mama,"

"Me!" Reign laughed clapping her hands.

"I think we scared her," Renae laughed laying back.

"She gon' say it again, watch," Dajon nodded laying back down and Eve picked up a few wipes to clean Reign's hands then wiped her mouth.

"They've been saying a lot lately," Eve whispered as the twins sat at the end of the pull out bed staring at the movie as they held their own conversation.

"I've been reading to them a lot and King bought them their own tv that he often plays like ABC and speech lessons on it," Renae said.

"They're gonna be smart, I bet you," Dajon said with certainty and Eve nodded in agreement.

"Just watch,"...

It was 5 in the evening and even though the family wanted to have dinner a little later, Mrs. Capri wanted them to start early because she had to rush off to work.

They had one table full of Jamaican meals and desserts and the other table full of American dishes and desserts.

The drinks were on the counter along with a bowl of mixed exotic fruits and another bowl that had salad in it.

"Wah? Mi no nyam deh enuh, move yuh bakside Kwan," Taelor, Kwan's cousin sassed as she pushed his hand away.

He was trying to get her to try the roast Mama Karen made but she was iffy when it came to eating American food.

"Man move, all yuh do iz complain, get out mi face," He sighed fixing his plate.

Dajon looked around confused then over at Renae. "What the hell did she just say?" He whispered and King laughed walking away.

"He knows she doesn't eat that," Ayanna whispered before going back to making her second plate.

"If we gotta eat their shit she gotta eat ours," Dajon stated and Renae gave him a look.

"Be nice,"

"Tell her that, I don't like her attitude," He mumbled walking towards the other table.

Renae shook her head and continued fixing her plate.

"He's older?" Lucy asked lowly as she approached Renae.

"He's older than her and Bre, Shayla is older than them all though and Melissa is the second oldest,"

"Damn, so he's surrounded by females," Lucy giggled.

"You see why he treats us the way he does but he also said they get on his nerves," Renae laughed as they watched Kwan and Taelor bicker.

"Ah suh it set, stop damnit," Taelor frowned pushing Kwan back and he laughed plucking her forehead.

"Use yur damn English, nobody wanna hear dat," He told her before walking away and she rolled her eyes.

Mrs. Capri walked over and gave Taelor a look.

"Wah?"

"English," Mrs. Capri said and Taelor sucked her teeth.

"Excuse mi?"

"Nothing," Taelor mumbled fixing her plate then left out.

"She's a spicy one I see," Lucy said.

"Tried to tell Zuri that," Dajon said as he walked by eating his food and Renae laughed.

"He never likes anybody new, so he doesn't count,"

"I don't blame him though," Lucy shrugged heading back to the living room.

"You don't have a relationship with his cousins?" Renae asked standing next Ayanna as she placed some lasagna on her plate.

"They don't fuck with me and I don't fuck with them, they don't have a reason not to like me and couldn't give Kwan one either," Ayanna shrugged and Renae frowned.

"Jealous maybe," Renae said.

"Whatever it is, I don't care," Ayanna replied waiting on Renae to finish making her plate before they headed into the living room.

The twins were sitting on top of newspapers eating their food as they watched Scooby Doo ignoring Kwan's baby cousins.

"Do you guys know who's gonna be the best man at the wedding?" Tamia asked once everyone sat back down.

"Yeah," King answered with his mouthful and Mama Karen popped his arm.

"We do?" Renae inquired and King nodded.

"Who is it?" Bryson asked wanting to know.

"DJ," King shrugged stuffing his mouth and Melissa looked back at Kwan who didn't see a problem with that.

"Yuh don't tink someting wrong wit deh?"

"Wah? I'll be a groomsman calm di hell down," Kwan warned knowing just how ignorant his cousins could get.

Renae glanced over at Jamel and Tyron trying to see where their head was at.

"Y'all for real?" Dajon asked trying to hide his wide smile.

"I meannnn," King dragged and the group laughed.

"Boy, you better take it!" Mama Karen exclaimed.

"I'm just shocked," Dajon chuckled. "I wasn't expecting that,"

"Who else would fit da position?" King quizzed and Dajon looked at Kwan.

"Mi?" Kwan laughed. "Oh no, definitely not mi,"

"And why di hell not?" Melissa spat. "Last mi checked yuh own dis nigga fuck yuh mean 'mi?' iz yuh mad nigga?"

The room grew quiet as all eyes fell on King and Renae.

King had a weird look on his face as he tried to decode what she had just said. "What tha' fuck you just say?" He asked putting his plate down.

"Mind yuh rassclaat business!" She yelled then turned to Kwan and pointed her finger in her face, "Yuh invite mi ova fi dis bullshit and dat busta' couldn't even make yuh his BEST MAN!"

Renae rose slowly as did Ayanna and Taelor them.

"What di fuck iz yur problem?" Kwan gritted grabbing her arm.

Melissa tried to snatch away but Kwan's grip only tightened. "Wah did mi tell yuh about yur fucking mouth huh? Yuh just don't fucking listen!"

"Get off me," She gritted staring at him with dark eyes matching his.

"Kwan," Mrs. Capri called touching his arm.

"So fucking disrespectful, yuh wouldn't have shit without mi," he spat pushing her down making her fall on top of Bre's food.

"REALLY!" She screamed jumping and pushed him back.

"Yuh spend more time with their stupid asses than yuh do us!"

"I'm only gonna be one more of your ignorant ass insults," Renae warned pulling her hair up.

"Suck yuh madda bitch!" Melissa spat pushing Kwan out the way.

"You better not," Bryson warned standing up and grabbed Renae's hand but she snatched away.

Tamia knew exactly what was about to happen and she picked up the twins and headed towards the back.

Kwan was arguing with Bre and Taelor while Melissa was all in King's face calling him every name but the Lord himself and when Renae moved Dajon out the way she cocked back and punched Melissa right in the nose.

"FUCK NO," Shayla yelled rushing over to jump in but Ayanna caught her before she could hit Renae and sent a quick two-piece to her face.

Kwan got knocked down somehow while Renae was fighting Melissa and trying to get Taelor off of her.

Bryson was struggling to hold King and Dajon back and Malik them were standing around watching the show.

As Ayanna gave the business to Shayla, Bre made her way over to help jump Renae and Eve tackled her onto the coffee table.

By the time Kwan had got back up the entire living room was in shambles.

Renae was fighting Melissa and Taelor, Eve was boxing Bre's face in and Mrs. Capri was trying to pull Ayanna off of Shayla.

King was tearing up the living room trying to get out of Bryson's hold and Dajon managed to get loose and walked over and snatched Taelor up by her small dress.

"Move, I got her," Kwan frowned snatching Taelor up and Dajon looked at him sideways.

"I will beat yo ass in here nigga, don't try me,"

"Do it look like I wanna fight yuh?" Kwan asked pulling Melissa up from under Renae's ass whooping and pushed her forward.

"Un uh bitch, wait right there," Renae said kicking off her sneakers and made her way towards the back.

Kwan was arguing with his cousins and King was yelling at Bryson for holding him back.

Everyone was so caught up in rage and shock they hadn't noticed Renae come back with a gun ready to shoot.

"RENAE NO!" Mama Karen screamed.

Bryson let King go and they both rushed over towards her trying to get the gun from her as she attempted to fight them off.

Kwan pushed Melissa and Taelor towards the front door ignoring them talking shit then went back and snatched up Shayla and Bre while Mrs. Capri got his little cousins as Renae yelled out every threat that came to mind.

This was not how things were supposed to go and Kwan was put in a bad position over some stupid shit.

He knew his cousins could fight but he also knew that the locals they were used to beating up was different than Ayanna and especially Renae, they were a different breed and the girls learned that tonight.

He just hated that he had to be in the middle of it now things would look weird on his end.

***

     "What the hell were you gonna do with a damn gun? You already beat her ass Zuri what the hell was that!" Bryson yelled trying to help Tamia and Mama Karen clean up the mess.

"My house my rules," Renae shrugged looking at her scratched up arms.

"You have kids! There were other kids sitting in here, do you not understand how careless that was?"

"Fuck you yelling at me for? Nobody asked her to get in her feelings over some stupid shit. That bitch jumped me and all them hoes gon die, period," She said getting up.

"I know one thing, you better watch how the hell you talk to me," he warned.

"Then watch how you talk to me! Don't ask me shit when you let them bitches jump me!" She screamed and Bryson dropped the trash bag and grabbed her face.

Everyone was at a standstill. For 1, they have never seen Bryson this way and for 2, they have never known Renae to speak to him with anything but respect. The whole vibe was all off and had everyone confused.

"What did I just say?"

"Get. Your. Hands. Off. Me," She gritted trying to push his hand away but his grip only tightened.

King and Dajon made their way over and Bryson released her face and grabbed her arm pushing her towards the back ignoring the fit she was throwing.

"What the hell was that?" Malik asked looking at a confused and pissed off King then at an obviously conflicted Dajon.

"I... I'm gonna go," Ayanna mumbled picking up her purse.

"Mm.. Un huh," Mama Karen nodded heading towards the back with Tamia right behind her.

When they approached the door they stopped King and Dajon from walking in and closed the door in their face as Bryson and Renae argued like 2 complete strangers.

"When the hell Bryson get so damn mean? I thought Z was his heart?" Malik inquired when Dajon and King sat down.

"Shut up for a minute," King stressed trying to listen to the argument.

Lucy looked over at Eve who was cleaning the blood from her knuckles then went back to cleaning even though she wanted to know what the hell was going on too.

"So.... we fucking with Kwan or nah?" Tyron asked trying to lighten the mood.

"What kind of question is dat? He ain't do shit," King replied getting up and took the obviously heavy trash bag from Lucy.

"Niggas ask one question and get hit with some bullshit," Tyron said and Dajon laughed.

"Wrong time bro that's all," Dajon told him just as the door opened and Renae stormed out with tears in her eyes.

"Y'all can all go the hell home," She said before heading upstairs.

Dajon wrinkled his forehead and looked at his aunt. "Who leaving? Not me,"

"Not now Dajon," Tamia sighed waving King over.

Bryson walked through the living room trying to control himself as Mama Karen walked behind him trying to ease his broken heart.

The energy shifted from confusion and anger to heartache.

"I ain't never see that man cry... somebody must've said some shit they shouldn't have," Jamel mumbled when Bryson slammed the front door.

Dajon looked over at Eve then turned to Lucy and shook his head. "Man this shit," He said shaking his head before he headed towards the back to see what in the world was going on.

***

        It was a day after the incident and the tension was still heavy.

"Do you know what was said?" Eve asked Dajon as she stood in front of the mirror braiding her hair.

"I don't even want to talk about it," He mumbled rubbing some Cantu moisturizer in his hair.

"It was that bad?"

"Mhm," He hummed trying to get her to drop the conversation.

"Aw man," she mumbled then sighed.

"I'm tryna get out this house for a bit so meet me on the beach," He told her once he finished getting dressed.

"Ok," she replied focusing on her hair when he walked out.

I wonder what she said, she thought to herself just as someone knocked on the door.

"Open," She said peeking out her bathroom to see who was there.

Mama Karen walked in and she smiled. "Hey, Good morning,"

"Morning sweetheart, I just finished cooking breakfast if you're hungry," Mama Karen said and Eve smiled.

"Ok, I'll be down soon," She replied.

Nodding, Mama Karen left out and Eve finished her hair then got dressed.

She wore denim shorts that had the pockets hanging, she wore all white flip flops with her pearl, pink polished toes out, she wore Dajon's chain and the African styled necklace he bought for her, she had filled her eyebrows in and wore a little concealer on her face and gloss on her lips.

"Look at you," Tamia smirked when Eve entered the kitchen.

"She's cute without even trying," Mama Karen complimented as she handed Eve her plate.

Smiling, Eve thanked them then said grace before she began eating.

"Where's my mom?"

"In the backyard talking to Z bug," Mama Karen answered.

"About what was said last night?" Eve asked and they nodded.

"What did she say? Or is it better if I leave it alone?"

"Someone's gonna say it eventually," Tamia shrugged looking at Mama Karen.

"She compared Bryson to Ahmed because of the way he grabbed her and then she said he was a coward for not stopping the girls from jumping her. She said some other stuff comparing him to Ahmed that really hurt his feelings," Mama Karen revealed and Eve pursed her lips then looked at her plate.

"Oh man... I see why Dajon's mad,"

"Because Renae stepped out of line... I mean I love her but she hit too below the belt. Bryson a good one because Lord knows if that were me... she'd be right across my lap," Tamia said and Eve nodded understanding.

"Let's just say, Karen sugar coated a lot of the hurtful and disrespectful things she said to him, that's all I'ma say," Tamia added and Eve looked at Mama Karen who nodded.

"We're supposed to be mad at da outsiders not each other," she sighed.

"How does Kingston feel?" Eve asked.

"Well... he doesn't like it but he doesn't want to pick sides. He's conflicted because he knows what she said was beyond disrespectful but then again he's trying to see her view of things. Maybe Bryson was wrong for holding them back from stopping the fight but we were all running around crazy trying to process everything. Even you, I never seen you react the way you did and I'm actually shocked but proud of you, I did not know you had so much power within that quiet body of yours," Tamia said and Eve smiled softly.

"I would've felt bad if I would've just stood there,"

"If you would've just stood there I think little DJ would have knocked some sense into you," Mama Karen said and they all laughed.

"I'm sure he would've," Eve laughed looking to her left as Kaari came walking in hold her teddy bear.

"DJ," she pouted pulling at her ponytail.

"You don't see anybody else in here?" Tamia asked folding her arms and Kaari stared at her funny then looked around for Dajon.

"DJ," she repeated looking at Eve for help.

"She's gonna be stuck on him oh my goodness," Tamia laughed watching as Eve picked Kaari up just as Dajon was coming inside.

Kaari tried to wiggle out of Eve's arms to get to him and Dajon laughed taking her.

"Hey mama, you just woke up?" He asked sitting down.

Nodding, Kaari laid her head on his chest and closed her eyes.

"I guess we aren't hanging today," Eve laughed putting jelly on her biscuit.

"It's too hot out there anyway, that's why I'm back inside," he replied as he rubbed Kaari's back.

Reign walked in the kitchen rubbing her eye with a frown on her face.

"Well, goodness gracious, when one comes the next follows. It's nine thirty, y'all normally sleep until eleven," Tamia said as she picked Reign up and checked her diaper to see if it was heavy.

"Did she go back to sleep?" Mama Karen laughed looking over at Kaari.

Dajon looked down and sure enough, she did.

"She's about to be mad because I'm about to give them a bath," Tamia said walking over but Dajon laughed shaking his head.

"I'll bring her up,"

"So spoiled my God," she laughed leaving out and Mama Karen laughed going back to washing the dishes.

Chuckling, Dajon got up and left out the kitchen and Eve and Mama Karen continued with their previous conversation.

They all needed to have a sit-down and discuss some things before everyone in the house started to go against each other.

The energy was shifting and Mama Karen could feel it.

********

Oop

How we feel?

Kwan's cousins? Y'all think the wedding arrangements should have been talked about at a later day?

Will the house become divided?

Today was my first day of training, I won't even give my report on the job until after 2 weeks lmao I have a habit of getting excited after one good day then boom the real shit happens😂

Do y'all want the visuals of DJ and Eve in this book? Or the next one?

Y'all want the visual of Lucy and Bryson?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 638 6
𝒐𝒐𝒐. ༉‧₊ ˚. 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓾𝓶 𖤐 ⁺ ༘ ✧─── ༘ ˗ˏˋ 𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗏𝗈𝗇 ˎˊ˗ 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐦 𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚗 pan•de•m...
863K 32.4K 103
It's 'Killed or be Killed' and living in New Orleans, you start to live by the 'Survival of The Fittest' mentality. Everyone's trying to make it and...
53.2K 4K 101
When you love someone, you tend to worship the ground they walk on. The sun sets and rises on that person with grace and it brings you peace. But whe...
3.3K 162 11
Have you ever remembered a stranger? Deja Vu is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced...