TEXT.

Από frootyloops

You always have that one person you can text till forever in the night. You stay awake just for them. Usually... Περισσότερα

1
2

3

167 13 5
Από frootyloops

3

"Guys, I have to tell you something." Kay suddenly bursts.

Tina looks up from the magazine she's so absorbed in and I look up from the book I'm reading.

"What?" I ask, a little apprehensive, tucking my feet under my lap on the couch.

"Well, last night at the party Cooper and I started talking-"

Tina and I both start talking at once, "You talked to Cooper!?-" I shout.

"What did he say?!" Tina cries.

"Listen, we were just talking, and we were kinda sorting everything out. He explained why he was mad at me, and I told him that I hated how we were fighting and then he just leaned down and kissed me, and well, I let him." She finishes softly.

"Whoa. He kissed you." I say in shock.

"Oh my god! You kissed Cooper!" Tina shouts, her blonde straightened hair bouncing with her.

"Kay, your in love with him aren't you?" I ask gently. I always had a feeling. She's known him her whole life after all.

Her head snaps up to look at me immediately. "No I'm not!"

"But Kay, you gave him your first proper kiss."

Kay has theories about only kissing the right guy.

"I know!" She looks like she wants to cry.

"Don't worry," Tee soothes, going over to hug her, "everything will work out."

"Exactly," I add, watching Tina go back to lie on my bed, "Don't worry about the stupid kiss."

"Who kissed who?" Scott barges in, takes one look at Tina, who's lying sprawled on my bed and jumps right on top of her. She squeals. "Get off a me!"

Their noses are touching, "Who kissed who?" he asks again.

She's trying to push him off.

"Nup, not until you say," he smiles.

I look over at Kay and we both laugh.

"Scott! Just get off your so heavy!" Tina whines, her small body trying to push his way bigger one off.

He laughs, "not until you say!"

"Fine," she sighs, "I kissed Evan."

He jumps straight off her, trying not to show any emotion but I can still see the hardness in his face.

She's such a good actor its abnormal.

"Scott?" She asks, confused.

He doesn't answer.

"Scott?" She asks again, this time getting up and walking towards him. "Are you okay?"

He turns as if shocked to see her so close. "Yeah, I'm fine."

She looks at him again undecided before she goes back and resumes her position on my bed. An awkward silence follows.

Kay shrugs at me as if to say, 'let's help her out,' I nod.

"So, everyone's going home this weekend because we have Monday off school." Kay says, sitting on the floor, painting her toenails.

"Really?" Tina asks, flipping through a magazine, trying to be as nonchalant as possible.

"Yeah, Ind, you going home?" Kay asks me.

I shrug, "I don't know..."

"Tina?" Kay asks her.

"No way. Any extra time I have away from my mom is golden, and the fact that I live in south Africa may have something to do with it."

We all laugh, "Right, that was stupid of me, Tee, you can come to mine if you want?" Kay offers.

"Nah its fine, I'm gonna stay here." She smiles.

I shrug, "What about you Scott?" I ask.

He doesn't bother turning around from where he's making coffee. "Staying here, at the dorm." he says, his voice unusually bored.

"Not going home?" Kay asks.

"No."

"Alright. So Ind, let's drive home together?"

I nod, "But I might not wanna stay the whole weekend..."

"Whatevs, we'll see when we get there." She says, screwing her nail polish closed and standing up.

"Scott? Are you mad at me?" Tina suddenly blurts.

He turns around to face her, mug in hand, "Nah, why would I be?"

She shrugs, looking him in the eye, "I don't know, I just feel like you are."

He doesn't answer that but says instead, "I'm gonna head off to bed, I'll see you guys later,"

"Goodnight!" I call out and Kay and Tina do the same.

Tina runs back to her room a little while later and slowly Kay drifts off to bed. I'm about to do the same when I remember the guy. We haven't spoken in two days. I decide to text him.

"Hey you." I send.

He writes back immediately.

"Ever kissed a guy?"

I almost choke at the bluntness.

"Hello, to you too. Way to beat around the bush, yes, if you must know, I have kissed a guy before."

"Oh, how many?"

"I don't know, gawd, I don't count the times I've made out! Wtbt u?"

"What do you think?"

"I think you've never made out."

"Shit, how did you know?!"

"Honestly?" I ask, a little shocked.

"Fuck no. I'm human."

Well that's a little harsh.

"Okay, any further?"

"You mean have I had sex? Yes, but the truth is only ever when I'm drunk. You?"

"What do you think?"

"I say you believe in the saving it for someone special shit so you haven't done it."

"Whoa. I wish I was smart enough to save it for someone special but unfortunately I wasn't."

"I'll admit I'm shocked. How old?"

"Seventeen. Lost it to my boyfriend of six months, Tommy Floyd. Dumbest thing I ever did. You?"

"Seventeen as well. Don't know the girls name."

"Manwhore." I write, disappointed.

"No, I'm really not. I was drunk and so was she. It was a one night stand that meant nothing."

"Meanwhile... You got the girl pregnant and now you're a dad."

"Lol but don't worry, we used protection."

"Pfft, I feel sorry for all those dadless no-name juniors in the world..."

"sorry gtg ttyl"

"K, goodnight."

I snap my phone shut, turnout my lamp and fall straight to sleep.

*

The only reason I hate English is because Tex is in it as well.

And I hate to admit this but we tie, both being the smartest in English class.

The irritating thing is that Professor Lehman doesn't seem to notice that we don't get along. In fact he probably thinks we're really good friends.

"Tex, I told you to tell Indie to redo her assignment."

"I did sir." Tex says, sending me a wink that I reply to with a glare.

"Indie?" Professor Lehman turns to me.

"Sorry sir, I have no recollection of him telling me that." I lie.

"You sure you told her Sandler?" Prof asks Tex.

Tex nods, "I'm positive."

I want to punch Tex so hard he won't know what hit him.

"Professor, give me one more day and it'll be done."

He gives me a long searching look, "Fine."

Then he begins class. As I walk past Tex to grab my notebook I stomp on his foot hard.

"Ouch! What was that for!?" he shouts.

"Sorry, my mistake," I say sweetly, sarcastic.

He gives me a fave smile and I know the Professor has his eyes on us, so I casually re occupy my seat and give him my up most attention, ignoring any spit balls that come my way. Because I'd have to be a baby to get annoyed by petty things like that.

What does annoy me though, is a hard covered book that gets thrown at my back towards the end of class. I could've died.

If Tex was smart he wouldn't have done it at towards the end of class because that's not giving me enough time to calm my anger.

So I'd really call it inexcusable what I do next.

I grab my water bottle and unload the contents (orange juice, a shameful waste really) onto his head, letting it trickle down him. Because you know what, I could've died from that book.

He jumps in shock, not knowing what hit him, and when he turns and sees me he gives me the most evil glare I've ever gotten.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" he shouts.

"I could ask you the same." I fire back, "I don't appreciate spit balls and fucking books being thrown at me!"

"So you pour orange juice on me!?" he shouts, wiping his face with tissues that someone just passed him. "God, how old are you!?"

I feel a little hurt that he's questioning my age but I answer nevertheless. "Nineteen."

He looks up at me like I'm abnormal, "It was a rhetorical question you dumb ass."

I don't bother answering, I just storm off.

Jerk put me in a bad mood yet again.

I go to my other classes and at lunch when we're all sitting on the couches I get a text from the guy.

"You know those annoying people that just put you in a bad mood." he writes.

I sit there staring at the text for at least a minute. I don't care if he's talking about his mother or his roommate I know exactly what he means. In fact, I'm going through it right now.

"What about them?" I ask.

"Nah sorry, just want to to kill someone right now but it's fine. What's up?"

"I say go kill them because they're so bloody annoying." I advise him. "Thanks for the permission. I'll brb."

"Haha lol, shame cheer up, I'm also mad at someone so we should totally team up and kill our people together ;)"

"We should. We'd have to name the team. Maybe something like 'badass killers'. "

"Oh come on, that's so lame! It has to be like 'The two musketeers.'"

"Like that's any better..."

I'm in the middle of a reply when Tina grabs the phone from me, "It's not texting time, it's talking to friends time." Tina scolds.

"Fine, pass my phone back though." I whine.

She's about to read the texts but I quickly pull it away.

"Is our little Indie sexting?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Gawd no!" I say disgusted.

"Then why can't I see?" She quizzes.

"Privacy! Imagine I looked through all your texts, how would you like it?" I stump her.

"Whatever."

"I love you Tee,"

She smiles, rolling her eyes at the same time, "I love you too,"

"Speaking of love, where's Scott?" Kay asks, eating a grape.

"I haven't seen him in ages," Tina says, "since last night!"

I roll my eyes, "That's not ages."

"Yes it is!" Tina cries.

"Aw, do you miss him?" I coo.

"Shut up,"

"Okay, we should go back to school," Kay says, picking up her things.

We get up and all walk back.

*

I just finished editing and refining my English essay, and ran to give it to the Professor, who told me he'd look over it and get back to me.

Now, I'm back in our room, almost ready to go.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Kay asks Tina for the hundredth time.

"I'm positive, don't worry! Have fun!"

I zip up my small suitcase, grab a chocolate from my desk and walk over to Tina. "I'll miss you Tee," I smile, hugging her.

"Aw shut up! You guys are only gone for like a day!"

I laugh, "Yeah, I'm not too serious, alright bye!" I run down and out to Kay's car and wait for her to come.

When she finally does we jump into the car and zoom away.

The drives pretty boring. We blast music, she drives and I sleep.

We arrive around forty five minutes later. She drops me at my place and then heads to her own.

I try to come home at least once a month, so I probably haven't seen my family in around three weeks.

Before I can even knock on the door its banged open and my mother's engulfing her arms around me like I've been gone for years.

I hug her back, "I miss you too Mom," I manage to say.

She laughs, letting me go and takes the little suitcase from my hand.

I follow her in. They did a little bit of renovations on the kitchen but aside for that everything is pretty much the same.

I'm in the process of telling my Mom about classes and professor's and making myself a coffee when my little brother, Daniel, barges into the house. When he notices me he runs up to me and wraps me in the tightest hug.

"Indieeee!" he squeals.

"Dannnyyy!" I squeal back.

He's a little taller, his face has gotten more tanned and his hair is more blonde.

"How's college?" he asks.

"Great! How's school?"

"School sucks. Your so lucky your finished."

I smile at that, he's only twelve.

"Where's Jeremy?" I ask, going to sit on the couch, my Mom and Danny following.

My Mom rolls her eyes, "He's never home, that kid."

"Really?" I ask, surprised. My older brother usually hibernates in his bed all day.

"Yeah, Daniel and I think he's gotten himself a girlfriend." Mom whispers.

I laugh, "Highly doubt that."

Jeremy is not a girlfriend guy.

My Mom leans over and kisses my cheek, "Oh, Ind, it's so good to have you home, sweetie." She gets up and walks out to take a phone call.

"Don't get too excited I'm leaving like tomorrow..."

"Tomorrow!?" Danny cries, horrified.

"Whatevs, tomorrow's tomorrow, same difference,"

"It is not the same, that's an extra day! Do you not want to be home or something?" Danny asks, offended.

"Honestly, not really." I confide in him.

It has the opposite affect though, he just gets more offended. "I fucking knew there was a reason why I hated you!" he shouts and leaves the house, slamming the door after him.

I'm left staring at his receding shadow. He just swore. My little, innocent, younger brother just swore. Oh my lord. What is this world coming to!?

And god, I haven't even been home for twenty minutes and I'm already in a fight with someone.

"What just happened?" Mom walks back in, hanging up the phone.

I shrug, "I'm going up to bed." I stand up and make my way upstairs, to my room.

Or what I thought was my room. Instead I see boxes and shelves packed into it. All my posters are ripped, half down and everythings ruined.

"Mom!" I shout, "what happened to my room!?"

She comes running up the stairs.

"Oh sweetie, because you don't live at home anymore we decided to make your room another storage room." She explains calmly, like it's just so normal to rip apart someone's room.

"So where the hell do you expect me to sleep?" I demand.

"Oh honey, no need to get worked up, you'll sleep in the guest room of course!"

I don't bother answering, I just storm over to the spotlessly cleaned guestroom, slam the door shut and collapse onto the already set double bed.

Then, I'd the only thing I can, I pull my phone out.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης