Something From Nothing

By Appleogies

"I don't care if you're a girl, a boy or a god damned gold fish. You're mine and that's all that matters to m... More

Something From Nothing
Prologue
Not So Inescapable
Screw You Moon Goddesses
Being Cuffed To A Bed Isn't As Kinky As I Thought
Gay And Directionally Challenged
Modesty? What's That?
Reject Me
Battleaxe In Heels
The Wicked Bitch Of The West
Death By Castration
Operation Ignore Orders
Kids Quote Greek Philosophers Nowadays?
A Prince And His Prince
Nude In Front Of The Royals
Distracting The Distraction
Dislikes Include Being Polite and Heterosexual
I Like Your Crown
Mister Snuggles's Decapitation
It's The End Of The World, Woop-de-fucking-do
Highway To Heaven
Proficient Talent for Sucking Dick
Give Me My Body Back!
Goddesses Gift
Favourite By Default
No Questions, Just Hugs
Stop...And Submit
A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Stay
Ruin Me
Fuck The Patriarchy
Man Up And Open Up
Unfuckingbelievable
Deus Ex Machina
The Abomination
Panicking Burns A Shit-ton of Calories
One Final Breath
Please
Shipping And Fanfiction
Time To Come Home
Home
Epilogue
EXTRA: It's Only Heaven When I'm With You
EXTRA: Until The Earth Crumbles To Dust And The Sun Dies

I Swear On A Stack Of Abs

15.1K 794 238
By Appleogies

Logan Mercier

He was pacing when I found him. His hair was wild atop his head, a clear indication that he'd been running his hands through it. His face was battered and bruised in a way that made me want to just turn around and punch those idiots for what they had done to my mate.

Stress and anxiety were coming off him in waves and I could practically feel the anger he was still recovering from. The slight stench of blood drifted up my nose and concern replaced anything else I was feeling. The bastard sure did know how to punch.

I was still trying to figure out what I had just witnessed. Ace was so damn fast that even as he moved around the small space he was fighting in he was barely a blur of red due to his hoodie. I wasn't the only one who was shocked at the scen. Whispers had spread from the moment the crowd started to form. One name clear among all others.

Wraith.

Until now I had really underestimated his skills. I knew that he was talented and quite powerful due to his reputation but even I wasn't expecting his speed and the fluidity of each movement. The blows he landed too were packed with so much strength but you could also see the calculated choice he made before delivering each punch.

Every decision, every dodge, every maneuver was thought about before it was made.

He was quick.

He was strong.

He was the Wraith.

That didn't mean I wasn't mad because I was. Achilles shouldn't have gotten involved in a situation he knew would escalate to violence. I hoped he was smart enough to at least let them react first so he could claim self-defense but I highly doubted that.

I had been worried when Achilles left the lunch table. I didn't know what he saw or heard but it had led him directly into the arms of Jason Quinn.

Quinn was a rather troublesome Alpha. It wasn't that he lacked discipline but that he had received too much. The male had been taught and raised under the firm hand of James Quinn one of the few Alphas who still believed Alphas were superior and Omegas were nothing but the dirt under our boots.

With my father's influence, his pack was slowly deterring to more modern beliefs but it was much harder than we thought possible. James Quinn was already on the Kings bad side due to the lack of respect he showed my mother when they visited a few years ago. He had pretty much blatantly ignored her all because she was an Omega.

It didn't help that his son was pretty much the same. He was prejudiced and audacious. I had on more than one occasion wanted to punch him for the way he acted but restrained myself because I was the Crowned Prince and couldn't afford to act like an idiot. I had to think before I acted which was more problematic than not at times.

However, where he did have his flaws there were some redeemable qualities about Jason. He knew when to back down for one. He was respectful to the people he knew were above him as shown when he listened to my order earlier.

Jason wasn't all bad he was just a close-minded Alpha whose father had forced his prejudices on him.

A sigh of frustration left me as I made my way towards Ace. "Achilles," I said and his pacing halted just for a moment. His back remained to me as his body stiffened.

After another minute or so, he finally spun around. "Okay before you start yelling at me. I know I fucked up okay? I shouldn't have gone that far but I-I just lost my shit. They were bullying this Omega and then he said stuff and I tried...I really tried to give him a chance to leave but then he punched me and I just reacted there wasn't-"

I slammed my lips onto his.

Sparks flew in every direction, and the world slowly disappeared around us, along with all of our worries, our troubles, and our problems. He made me feel like none of that mattered. It was a small yet warm kiss. I honestly never knew a kiss so innocent could be so intimate and electrifying. His lips hesitated for barely a moment before we were moving in perfect sync, my hands drifting to his waist; I pulled him closer, the kiss deeper, more passionate. I felt Ace's hands move to the back of my neck, pulling me forward so there was barely a hair's breadth between us.

I had meant the kiss to be a means to silence him long enough to calm him down so we could talk about this in a more placid manner but the second his intoxicating flavour hit my tongue, I knew I was a goner. 

Knowing if I carried on I wouldn't be able to stop but when I moved to pull away Achilles dropped his hands and pulled on my jacket, making me stumble forward slightly. "Don't stop." He murmured against my lips and the little resolve I had left collapsed.

Bringing my hands up to clasp his cheeks, I held him still so I could attack him with an onslaught of kisses. Achilles returned every kiss I laid on him and he surprisingly opened easily when I slid my tongue over the seam of his lips.

However he still fought me for dominance, his tongue tangling with mine. I eventually relented just allowing myself to relish in the way he tasted, the way he felt. A wave of warmth filled me up, spilling out from my heart and the heat of my mates lips on mine felt as though it was rushing to every corner of my body: the cracks in between my toes, the crooks of my elbows, the tips of my ears. Every inch of me was saturated with heat.

Everything from the simple brush of his lips over mine, to his seeking tongue and roaming hands, drove me further and further over the edge of insanity.

The kiss was rapidly turning into something else so I forced myself to pull back before things got too far out of hand. Though after one look at his deliciously plump lips and expressive eyes I knew that there was no way I was letting him go anywhere without another taste of him.

My forehead dropped to his and our heavy breaths mingled. "Wh...why did you do that?" Achilles panted.

A smile tilted at my lips. "Because you wouldn't shut up."

"Oh." Ace took step back and I could see him pulling away from me both physically and emotionally. I refused to let him get far.

"No, no, no, no." I grabbed his wrists again, pulling him to my chest." Don't do that."

"I'm not doing anything."

"Yes, you are. You're pushing me away. Don't do that anymore. Please."

Surprisingly Achilles sighed, falling into my embrace. His arms wrapped around my waist and his head dropped onto my shoulder. "I hate you."

I chuckled. "No, you don't. You're just scared of me."

Achilles snorted lifting his head from my shoulder to look me in the eye. "I'm not scared of you."

A knowing smirk spread upon my lips. I lifted my hand, bushing a strand of his hair from his face. "You are because I'm everything you can't control."

There was a quick flash of something in his eyes but as usual, it was gone before I could get a better look. I could practically see the walls Achilles had spent over a decade building and reinforcing slam down around him but I chose not to point it out. I know Ace would talk to me when he was ready. He was slowly learning to open up to me more and the fact that he hadn't straight up punched me after I kissed him proved improvement on his side.

Pulling back slightly, I placed a gentle hand on his cheek. My thumb slowly ran across the dark bruise that was starting to form on his cheekbone. "Fucking bastards. I should kill them for doing this to you."

Ace covered my hand with his own and offered me what looked like a guilty smile. "Don't worry about it, I've had much worse. The good thing is that bruises heal..."

"Scars don't."I finished for him when he trailed off.

He nodded, diverting his eyes to the ground as his free arm wrapped around his stomach in an almost protective gesture. It was slightly disconcerting to see my mate so self conscious.

I had sensed that he was slightly ashamed of his scars but that had only been a suspicion but now, however, I found that suspicion to be confirmed. Achilles didn't like the scars that lined his body and when he removed his hand from mine to brush his hair over his right eye I knew he was most distraught over the scar that he really couldn't hide.

Achilles portrayed himself as an arrogant smart-ass who didn't seem to be dismayed by anything but it was times like this when he dropped his guard ever so slightly that I got to catch a glimpse of the real Achilles he did so much to hide.

Clasping his chin between my thumb and forefinger I lifted his head until his eyes met mine. "You're beautiful Ace. You really fucking are."

He nodded but the look in his eyes told me he didn't believe a word I was saying. I didn't push knowing that would do nothing other than force Achilles's guard back up so instead I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to my chest. Ace's arms lifted until they were resting on my shoulders, his head leaning forward to rest on mine. "I really don't deserve you." He murmured so quietly that even my own sensitive ears strained to hear him.

Unfortunately just as I was about to dispute that claim my beta interrupted us. "There you are. Jeez, I've been looking for two forever."

I winced and Ace jerked in surprise. "Wha-" My mate tried to turn around but restrained when I tightened my grip on him. I know I was giving off a clinging vibe but I didn't really care.

"Don't turn around. Don't look at him, don't even acknowledge he's there and maybe he'll go away." I said as I buried my head further into Ace's neck. I took a deep breath and willingly drowned in his provocative scent.

Elliot snorted approaching from behind Ace. "Ha as if that's ever worked." Finally but reluctantly I released Ace and he turned around to face my beta. His bright red hair seemed to glow like flame in the light while a perpetual smirk stretched his mouth. "If you continue to ignore me I will throw you in the nearest lake."

I growled at him but that did little to deter my best friend. "You're wanted inside Ace. Need to make a statement about the incident."

A scowl replaced the once relaxed expression on my mate's face. "Are they still able to walk?"

"Unfortunately."

My mate sighed as though the news discontented him. "I clearly didn't hit them hard enough then. I'll keep that in mind next time."

I lightly slapped Ace's upper arm turning his attention to me. "There better not be a next time Achilles. I am still mad at you for that by the way."

A sly smirk spread on his face as he leaned in his lips brushing my ear as he said, "It's a good thing that your anger turns me on then isn't it?"

A low growl left me and Achilles barked a laugh. My mate moved to walk past me but I caught his wrist before he could make his escape.

"We're not done talking about this."

Ace didn't even bother to argue with me, simply nodding. "We will do...later."

"Promise?"

"Swear on a stack."

"A stack of what?"

It was Achilles turn to grin. "Abs. Rock hard ones."

Another possessive growl left me causing Ace to burst into another fit of laughter.

"As long as they're my abs I don't care."

Blowing me a kiss, my mate spun on his heel and made the short journey back into the school. I was left staring after him, my hands shoved in my pockets and my shoulders slumped.

"You're so fucking whipped," Elliot said from beside me.

I didn't deny it because how could I when all I could think about was the minutes until I could see my mate again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.7K 69
A world where Beast tribes that live hidden away from the Humans, witches and warlock. A world where other animals also evolved with the apes but tha...
59.1K 2.9K 45
Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack were massacred by a rival. The only reas...
509K 14.7K 21
Klynn Blaire was a werewolf with the status of omega. He isn't liked by any and beat up by all, his life was full of shit. His 18th birthday would be...
13.6K 348 1
Derek is at a convention, no, THE convention. The convention that Alphas meet at twice a year, every year, to pick their omega. Derek is a very well...