Twisted Fate

By msdaniried

Alexandria Swan, or Lex as she is commonly known as, has always felt different. When she moves to Forks with... More

Before you Read
Mood Boards
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 17

6.4K 170 29
By msdaniried

A soulmate usually only comes into your life to shake things up, show you true love, and stand up to you in ways no one else ever has.

They adore you yet challenge you to your fullest potential. A soulmate relationship isn't only peaches and cream, it's roses with thorns.

A Flirtatious Road Trip

Ever since I agreed to this little road trip to Denver Kol has been none stop flirting.

That's it, we're listening to music!
I sign.

Kol raises an eyebrow, "Oh? What sort of music do you like darling?"

Ignoring him I turn on the radio and began searching for a good song. It takes a few stations but finally I come across a good song. Queens, 'Killer Queen,' plays through the speakers.

"She keeps her Moet et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
"Let them eat cake", she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Kruschev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can't decline"

"Interesting choice darling," Kol muses.

I shrug my shoulders and gaze out the window.

"You know if you gave me a chance, you'd probably like me."

I turn to look at him as he makes eye contact with me and smiles sarcastically.
I seriously doubt that.

Kol laughs, "That hurts darling. I'll have you know I'm quite a catch."

I let out a laugh for the first time in months. The next few moments are filled with awkward silence. I haven't made a single noise in so long. Turning my head I look at Kol with wide eyes.

We stare at each for a moment before Kol finally speaks.

"You have a beautiful laugh darling."

A blush rises and I turn away from him embarrassed.

"You shouldn't hide your blush darling, it's quite adorable."

As I turn to smack his arm I see the mischievous little smirk on his face.

Shut up Kol,
I sign before lightly slapping him on the arm.

Kol turns back to the road and laughs. I cross my arms and huff; but after a while of hearing him laugh, I can't help but smile.

"I bet your voice, in general, is beautiful." He reaches over and gently squeezes my hand.

I turn to look at him as he continues.

"Maybe one day you'll be comfortable to speak again. There's no rush darling. Whatever it is, you can tell me when you're good and ready."

He smiles, a genuine caring smile.

Kol let's go of my hand and puts his focus on driving. The sound of the music on the radio fills the car. Neither of us goes to make conversation. Despite the almost silence, it's comfortable. Perhaps Kol isn't the irritating flirt I thought he was.

"You're going to like me, darling, and I'm going to let you pretend for a while that you don't already."

Can you just stop? Calling me darling, and trying to be funny and all of... that.

"Most girls like this but then you're not like most girls, are you? I have been trying to charm you and your resistance is as impressive as it is baffling." He turns to wink at me as he says this.

I roll my eyes and ignore him. He goes from sweet back to irritating flirt in the span of two minutes.

You have to be the most irritating person I've ever met.

"That can't possibly be true darling," Kol says, waving his hand dismissively.

There you go again with that calling me darling crap.

Kol turns to me and grins, " Admit it, you love it when I call you darling."

I narrow my eyes at him,
I will admit no such thing.

Kol shakes his head, his lips still curved into an annoying grin.

****

After two more hours on the road, we finally make it to our destination.

"Here we are darling," Kol says as he parks the car.

Before us is a quaint little high school.

"Let's go pay Jeremy Gilbert a visit."

I get out of the car and follow Kol into the school.

And just what is your plan here?
I question, eyebrow raised.

"Well since your here, were going to go have lunch with little Gilbert and check on his well being."

I raise an eyebrow in disbelief but choose not to comment. Kol manages to charm the front desk lady into letting us into the cafeteria for lunch.

"I must say, you two make a lovely couple." The lady comments as were about to leave.

I go to tell her that's not true when Kol slings his arm over my shoulder.

"Thank you, ma'am, I agree."

The woman smiles and waves us off. The second the door closes behind us I shrug his arm off my shoulder.

Knock it off Kol.
I sign, glaring at him.

"Aw, come on darling. Not my fault she knows a good looking couple when she sees one." Kol teases, smirking.

I roll my eyes and ignore him as we make our way to the cafeteria. It doesn't take long before I spot Jeremy sitting alone eating his lunch. The two of us take a seat facing him. Jeremy looks up and notices me.

"Lex? What are you doing here?" He asks, surprised.

Hey Jeremy.
I look towards Kol and sigh.
This is my friend Kol, we just wanted to check on you. I've missed you.

Jeremy nods and smiles at me, "I've missed you too Lex." He turns his gaze to Kol, "Nice to meet you Kol."

Kol leans forward, "Nice to meet you too Jeremy."

****

The next week Kol and I spend with Jeremy in Denver. Kol hasn't told Jeremy the truth about him being an original vampire. I hate the idea of lying to him but I know Jeremy would react negatively if he found out. So far, Kol and Jeremy have become genuine friends. My hope is that when Kol does reveal the truth Jeremy will have an open mind.

Kol and I have been sharing a hotel room during our time here. As crazy as it might seem Kol and I are actually becoming friends. Even if he is still an irritating flirt who won't stop calling me darling. Today Kol and I are meeting up with Jeremy at the batting cages.

As Kol and I approach the batting cage I notice Damon and Elena talking to Jeremy.

Jeremy turns away from them and walks towards us. Elena turns around and sees Kol.

"Jer..." Elena says, her nervous gaze on Kol.

"Hey man," Jeremy says, smiling at Kol.

"Damon, it's Kol!" Elena shouts.

Kol hits Damon with a wooden baseball bat. The bat breaks in half and Damon falls to the ground.

Seriously Kol?!
I sign, but no one pays me any mind.

"What are you doing?!" Jeremy asks, shocked.

"Jeremy, get back! He's an Original." Elena warns.

Jeremy looks towards Kol, "What?"

"Sorry, mate. I was going to tell you."
Kol says before he grabs an aluminum bat from the bat rack.

"You know, I'll never get used to aluminum. But hey, at least it won't break." Kol says.

He then swings to hit Damon with the bat, but Damon grabs it and with his other hand picks up half of the broken wooden bat and stabs Kol through the chest with it. Kol falls to the ground.

Jeremy looks toward Damon, "Did you kill him?"

Damon shakes his head, "No, but it'll give us a head start. Okay, come on."

Damon grabs Elena, who is shocked, and they leave the batting cages.

Jeremy turns to me after they leave.

"Did you know about this? About Kol being an Original vampire?"

Yes...I was going to tell you but...

"But what Lex!?" Jeremy yells, with a hurt expression.

I know you don't trust the originals, I didn't want you to hate him.
I sign, pleading with him.

"No shit I don't trust the originals! One of them killed Aunt Jenna! They're a family of murders!"

And the Salvatore brothers aren't?!
I sign, defending the Mikaelson family.

"Never said I trust them either but at least there protecting us!"

I scoff silently,
Protecting us? Please! There protecting Elena!  She's all that matters to them! They'd gladly let one of us die if it meant she lived and you know it!

Jeremy shakes his head, "You lied to me!"

I had to! You would never have given him a chance.

"Why do you even spend time with them?!"

Because there more of a family to me that my real family has ever been! They care about me. No lies, no alternative motives. Just honest, genuine care. I love them Jeremy and if you can't accept that then it's your problem.

"So what?! You choose them over your own flesh and blood?!"

I shouldn't have to choose!

"Pick! Them or your real family!"

I can't do that Jeremy!

"It's clear what your decision is. You'd rather be the Mikaelson's little pet."

I raise my hand and slap him across the face, hard.

How dare you! Go! Just leave Jeremy!

Jeremy glares and storms off. The second he's gone I let the tears fall down my cheeks. How could he say that? How dare he treat me like that.

Letting out an angry, heartbroken sob I turn my attention to Kol who is still unconscious. Bending down I remove the broken piece of the bat before sitting down. I'm not stupid enough to think I can pick him up so I place his head in my lap and wait for him to wake up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
34.2K 1.1K 12
Olivia Deven Swan. Bella Swans older twin sister. She's completely oblivious to the supernatural world around her, though she never liked her siste...
62.8K 1.4K 23
Ella Swan is a well known girl in Forks and Bella's twin. She has lived with Charlie all of her life. When Charlie and Renee divorced, Renee got Bell...
142K 3.2K 20
Being Bella swans sister and having an mental illness that deems Athena 'crazy' isn't a good combination But when she moves to forks and meets a fam...