Bird Set Free | Natasha Roman...

By -candeilers

"Clipped wings, I was a broken thing Had a voice, had a voice but I could not sing You would wind me down I s... More

BIRD SET FREE
Prologue
ACT ONE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
ACT TWO
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
ACT THREE
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
ACT FOUR
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
ACT FIVE
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
ACT SIX
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Five

18.1K 577 308
By -candeilers

Aquila swung around on the chair that she had been sitting on for the past few hours, observing the  S. H. I. E. L. D. agents below her. 

She wasn't a super smart scientist or had any part in interrogating Loki so she was just stuck without anything to do, ready to spring into action if the situation required her to. 

Aquila couldn't believe she now found herself in this situation only days ago, she was minding her own business now she was being prepared to potentially save the goddamn world. 

Aquila's head moved towards the direction of Natasha Romanoff as she entered nearby, urgency written all over her face. Aquila knew that Natasha had just been with Loki, trying anything to get the location of her best friend.

Natasha approached Aquila. "He wants to unleash the Hulk. We have to get Banner away before something bad happens." Natasha said to Aquila urgently, before leaving the room again. Aquila nodded before following Natasha out of the room, collecting up Thor as well. 

The three of them entered into the lab and could feel the tension in the air within seconds. 

"Doctor Banner, I think you may want to remove yourself from this environment," Aquila said in her authoritative tone that she rarely found herself using.  

Banner laughed humorlessly in response. "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you," Natasha responded, slowly.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy." Doctor Banner said. "I'd like to know why S. H. I. E. L. D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." He said gesturing towards the screen. 

"Because of him," Director Fury suddenly said, pointing towards Thor.

"Me?" Thor asked stunned. 

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Director Fury explained. 

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor defended. 

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the Cube?" Steve countered against Nick Fury. 

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor said. 

"A higher form?" Steve asked. 

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Nick Fury said. 

Aquila merely rolled her eyes, this seemed to be going nowhere.

"A nuclear deterrent," Tony suddenly interrupted the conversation. "Because that calms everything right down."

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Fury countered against Tony. 

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep-"

"-wait,  hold on," Tony interrupted Steve again. "How is this now about me?"

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?" Steve asked sarcastically.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this."

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?"

The overlapping arguments were becoming too much as Aquila just rolled her eyes again, unable to take it anymore. Weren't they supposed to be a team?

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos."

"It's his M. O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're. . . . . . . .we're a time bomb."

Aquila couldn't help but agree with Doctor Banner's statement.

"You need to step away." Fury tried to tell Banner. 

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony argued putting his hand on Steve's shoulder. 

"You know damn well why," the soldier argued back, roughly shoving Tony's hand off his shoulder. "Back off!"

"I'm starting to want you to make me," Tony replied back. 

"Yeah," Steve said as he began to circle Tony almost threateningly. "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist," Tony replied as Aquila watched Natasha nod slightly in agreement. 

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire," Tony responded. 

Steve shared a look with Dr. Banner before saying to Tony. "Always a way out. . . .  You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you?" Tony asked. "You a laboratory experiment, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle."

"Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds." Steve responded. 

Thor's laughter filled the air. "You people are so petty and tiny."

"Yeah, this is a tea-." Dr. Banner said. 

Nick Fury interrupted. "Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his..."

"Where? You rented my room." Dr. Banner interrupted. 

"The cell was just in case. . ."

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried!"

The room fell silent for a few moments before Dr. Banner continued. 

"I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk." Banner started to get upset. 

"You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?" Dr. Banner asked. 

As everyone prepared themselves in case something happened. Aquila watched as Natasha and Fury reached down to grab their guns as Aquila did the same. 

"Dr. Banner put down the scepter," Captain Rogers said as Aquila whipped her head around to face Dr. Banner. 

Dr. Banner looked down at the scepter, confusion lining his features. He looked back at the group and the computer began beeping. 

"Got it," Tony said. 

Banner slowly placed the scepter back down and walked over to the computer. "Sorry, kids. You don't get to see my little party trick after all."

"Located the Tesseract?" Thor asked. 

"I can get there faster." Tony boasted. 

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard. No human is a match for it."

"You're not going alone," Steve said as he grabbed Tony's arm. 

"You're gonna stop me?" Tony asked, knocking Steve's hand away. 

Aquila placed her hand on her face before letting out a small groan. Here we go again. . . . 

"Put on the suit, let's find out."

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man."

"Put on the suit," Steve repeated. 

Aquila looked over to Dr. Banner who was looking at the monitor as he looked shocked about something. "Oh, my God!"

"Wha-?" Aquila was about to ask before they were all thrown in all different directions. 

Aquila groaned loudly as she tried to sit up. "Oh, boy, this is going to be fun."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 3K 47
"you loved the amber skies so much" ( 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 ) ❛ the world was cruel so cruel, ...
32.8K 795 21
You had just recently moved to America from the UK for a fresh start since your family and most of your friends hated you. It wasn't your fault; you...
123K 3.6K 24
Natasha Romanoff x Fem!OC "I care too much to let myself love; to let myself end up hurting them" Azara's tragically timed and unplanned visit to Sta...
699K 19K 110
A slowburn, Natasha Romanoff/ Black widow x Fem! Reader. Through the events of Captain America Civil war - post endgame! [Note, not all chapters are...