Don't Forget About Me

malin87 tarafından

This is the sequel to Princess and The Little Ones. Kate's been kidnapped for the last fourteen years. She's... Daha Fazla

2. A wish during midnight
3. Waving goodbye
4. A whisper in the wind
5. A promising twilight
6. The sweetest taste
7. Love is love
8. An anchor in the dark
9. Mothers' POV
10. To live freely
11. A cold reward
12. Tearful secrets
13. Eternal Blessing
14. Blissful heart
15. No one's fault
16. Don't be worried
17. Spiritual Feelings
18. Finding my place
19. Painful Passion
20. An adventure
21. A Little Ninja
22. Under the Starlight

1. When time is right

131K 1K 51
malin87 tarafından

Sequel to: Princess and The Little Ones

<--------------- DON’T FORGET ABOUT ME ------------------>

Chapter One 

When time is right

Mary’s POV

I used to have a triple sister. That was a long time ago. Fourteen years ago to be exact. I lived longer than I’ve known her and I will never get over the loss of not having her here with me. A piece of my soul is missing. It’s living somewhere else. It’s enough for me to tear my hair off, but I’m not. I don’t want my family to worry about me more than they already do.

I wonder what she looks like today, even if I know that she identical to me. I can stare into the mirror for hours when I’m left undisturbed. She could be thinner or thicker than me. I don’t think we have the same haircut. My blonde locks are falling down my back in soft ringlets and they are glistering like gold in the sunlight. My hair is my greatest asset. My older sister is considered to be one of the best looking people in our pack. I guess they think I’m pretty too, even if my cracked soul makes me look pale and gloomy. Kate must be a beauty wherever she is kept.

I can’t remember much of the day she was kidnapped. All I know was that we were out on a great adventure. We were looking for wolf berries for our next batch of cookies and we could smell them not too far away. We didn’t feel threatened by the man approaching us since the Sunshiny Pack we were visiting are known for their kindness. How were we to know that this man was a part of the horrific Northwall Pack?

One minute he was walking and the other he jumped at me and all I could feel was pain when he ripped my body and soul into pieces. I woke up a few days later in my own bed at home. My body was completely healed, but my spirit never recovered after Mother told me about Kate’s disappearance. We were only five years old.

It was hard to grow up without my second half. I don’t know where she is and how she is hurting. Are they kind to her? Is she kept locked up or did they brainwash her?

The hardest thing to accept is our failure to find her. Five Packs joined the search for Kate and every trail ended up to a dead end. My father can’t find her even if he is the best detective in the whole world.

Where the hell did they go? It’s like they vanished from the earth’s surface.

I’m afraid to laugh and smile. I think I might forget about her if I am happy. I want the constant pain in my heart to always remind me of her. I don’t want to let go. I will never let go as long as she is alive.

I graduated two years ago and I’m still clueless what to do with my life. My sister Princess suggested that I should go on a trip to find my mate. I just gave her an angry glare back. Why would I leave the only sane pack in the world? I prefer to spend my time with normal people, thank you. My mate can come looking for me when he wants me and I even shouted that to the Wolf Spirits so they know about it too.

I have a really bad relationship with the Wolf Spirits since they allowed my sister to get abducted. I know my reasoning is unfair, but I can’t help how I feel. They can’t control a free will and that is what angers me. 

I’m in an awful mood since it’s our nineteenth birthday today; another reminder that Kate isn’t here to celebrate it with us. Tom is really excited since Father promised to buy him a car. I am happy for his sake; I just don’t want any car for myself. I don’t need one for driving around our small village. I have no idea what they bought me. I feel sad about all the gifts Kate is missing out on.

Everyone is coming to our house soon. I don’t feel like seeing anyone. It would have been better if my cousin didn’t bring over all his six children who always jump all over the place. I hate to be reminded of how we used to be just like them. I’ll do it for Tom’s sake. I can celebrate his birthday, I’m not that mean.

I give myself a last look in the mirror. I haven’t been outside our pack territory since I was attacked, but Princess gave me some of her old clothes from the cities. I like the uniforms we are using in the Ninjan Pack, but it’s nice to wear skirts and dresses too. I’m wearing a blue cute dress that shows my long tanned legs. Princess is a lot shorter than me so it probably looked more decent on her than it does on me.

I hear the first guests arrive and the others show up not long after. I hide around my room as long as possible before making my entrance. I leave my sanctuary, also known as my room, silently. 

There’s a long table in the garden, but none is sitting by it yet. They are talking in groups and the children are playing. I love the garden and I spend a lot of my time keeping it in perfect condition. I usually help our neighbours with theirs. I still haven’t decided if I should study to become a real gardener.

Princess meet’s my eyes with a huge smile. It shows how happy she is that I’m alive. Mother told me how I would have died if Princess didn’t find me that day and carried me in her arms to the hospital. She’s always been my hero. 

She’s so cute. Her hair is hanging freely today and her mate succeeded in making her wear a dark green dress. My sister isn’t much for wearing anything else than her uniform, but she’s weak to Vincent’s wishes. He’s a really great husband to her. It’s hard to believe that she is an amazing fighter and master of two packs.

I walk up to her quickly and she hugs me.

“Happy birthday Mary!” she says excitedly and shoves me into Vincent’s arms.

“Thank you,” I say politely after both their hugs. “How are things in the Northwall Pack? I was afraid you wouldn’t make it back for today.”

“That’s because they have an Alpha who refuses to let go,” Vincent says with a teasing grin towards his wife.

“Hey!” Princess growls. “I will never pick a pack over my own family.” 

“She’s so cute when she’s annoyed,” Vincent says to me.

“Indeed she is,” I answer him seriously.

“I’m standing right here!” she sneers at us and I smile sadly at her.

“Forgive us, Alpha Ray,” I tell her respectfully. “We don’t know any better. Let us hope we won’t upset you next time.”

“Kids!” I hear Mother’s voice loud and clearly across the garden. “Behave.”

All conversations stops and everyone bow their heads in respect for the legendary teacher. My Mother is very strict and she knows what she’s doing. I still wonder why Alpha Bear picked my sister to become the successor to this pack and not Mother.

I and Tom break out in a loud laugh and we smile brightly at each other. The day we will behave just because Mother asked us too will never happen. I don’t want to be happy but sometimes it’s hard to prevent. Especially when it’s something between Tom and me.

“Mom, where’s my car?” he demands casually and I can feel how my best friend Leanne swoons at the sight of him.

My brother is good looking with his light brown hair and well trained body. He didn’t leave the pack after he graduated. He decided to patrol our pack grounds and I usually go with him. Leanne is his mate but they never actually did something about the whole mate thing. She became my best friend and I guess she is friends with Tom too. It’s weird that he didn’t jump her yet, but it’s like he’s not interested. No he would never reject her. I just don’t think he’s ready to have a girlfriend yet.

Leanne is very shy, and down to earth. She couldn’t harm a fly and refused to take any Ninjan specialized training. He would never reject her if she took the first step, but she’s just too embarrassed to do it. It’s not my business so I’m not saying anything.

“Ask your father,” Mother says annoyed and that’s enough for me to know that he forgot to bring it. 

Father is in some serious trouble. He puts all his energy into finding Kate. He’s not slowing down even after fourteen years, but it’s ridiculous of him to not keep the promise to his only son. Father looks ashamed and his ears get all read.

“Dad, where’s my car?” Tom asks him hopefully.

“I forgot to bring it,” Father admits. “Your Mother kept reminding me,” he added quickly to please his mate.

Mother rolls her eyes and picks up a set of keys from her white uniform pockets and throws them to Tom. He catches them with a huge grin and Father looks at them confused.

“I took Tom to Rainhold and he picked out his own car,” she tells him coldly. “We don’t trust you to keep promises anymore.”

“I can keep promises,” he says scratching his head but everyone goes back into the conversations that were before.

I feel sorry for him so I walk up and put my hand on his arm. He brings me into a deep hug and I pat him comfortably on his back.

“You’re still the best Father in the whole world,” I tell him and he immediately shines up. “Tom is just a spoiled brat.”

“He reminds me of someone else,” Father says with a nod towards Gabriel.

“The Wolf Spirits will bring Kate home when the time is right,” I tell him cautiously. “They are keeping her safe, even in imprisonment. I’m sure of it.”

He sighs deeply. “You won’t understand until you get children of your own, Mary.”

“Then where’s my birthday gift?” I hiss at him and his ears turn even redder. “Maybe Kate is your only child since all you ever do is caring about her and forgetting about the rest of us.”

“That’s not true!” he denies. “The best thing I know is to see you working in the garden.”

Mother slips her arms around his waist and plants a kiss on his neck. 

“Mary is just making fun of you,” she says rolling her eyes. “I already bought her a new set of tools for the garden. Let’s eat, I bet everyone is starving.”

“Wolves are always hungry,” Father says happier and escorts his mate to the table.

Everyone take their seats by the table and Leanne throws herself down next to me. She’s wearing a black uniform today and her almost black hair is pinned up in a ponytail. She’s almost as small as Princess, but looks less fragile. Not that anyone in our pack would dare think Princess actually is fragile. That woman’s anger is not to play around with.

Well, back to my brother’s mate. She loves to eat and she digs in first and everyone looks at her with a stunned expression as she fills her plate up.

“I love elk steak!” she shrieks happily. She forgets to be shy when she sees food. I don’t know how it can excite her so much.

Tom hands her a big steak and she blushes with happiness as she holds up her plate for him. Good thing he’s sitting right in front of her.

“Anyways,” Princess says loudly. “Did anything happen while I was away?”

“A fox killed my sheep,” a little boy says sadly. 

“Paulie locked me into the closet,” another little girl says with a death glare towards her older brother.

“I didn’t lock you in that long!” he defends himself and receives a fork being thrown at his head. “I guess Minnie doesn’t want to eat with her fork today,” he continues with a huge grin and the girl breaks out in a scream.

“I dreamt about the ocean again,” Kaitlyn says quietly but everyone turns quiet at the mention.

Gabriel’s wife is a truth dreamer. They found out about it after two years marriage when all her dreams seemed to match everything that happens around here. Apparently she dreamt about the ocean for a few days after Kate went missing, but none knew anything about it back then.

The sea world is just too big to explore. Lone tribes are hiding on small islands and who knows where our beloved Kate is? There are ten thousands big enough islands to support a smaller pack.

“I told the Wolf Spirits to give back my sister,” I say slowly. “Otherwise I would hate them forever.”

Everyone gasps at me. No one here would disrespect the Wolf Spirits in that manner, but I’m not afraid. I’m not afraid to die. Nothing can curse me more than it already has. The darkness within me is growing. They better bring her back to me soon. Everyone’s quiet, uncomfortable of my change of mood. My feelings are not a secret, but they know I can snap anytime.

The phone in our house goes off, cutting off the silence around our dinner. Mother gets on her feet and quickly makes her way indoors. She blocks out the conversation from our hearing but I can see how Princess tenses up next to me because the Alpha can’t be blocked. 

Mother walks back out to us with a faraway expression on her face. It looks like she’s fighting to breathe.

“Kate is coming home,” she says and it’s all that is needed to be said for me to calm down.

The Wolf Spirits granted my birthday wish. I will stop hating them from now on. I feel a genuine smile grow on my face as I meet Tom’s gaze. We will finally be together again, all three of us.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

10.9K 635 17
ł Please don't read it if you're uncomfortable with heavy themes such as violence, cheating, and toxic people/relationships. ł Vegas and Pete have ne...
10.2K 371 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...
2.6M 108K 48
SECOND BOOK OF THE WEREWOLF PRINCESS SERIES! (Sequel to A Rejected Princess) I suggest reading that book first or you will be very confused! ________...
12.1K 1.2K 145
This is the sequel to the Locatlie series. To be able to understand this story, you will have to read the seven books of the Locatlie series first. T...