Twisted Fate

By msdaniried

Alexandria Swan, or Lex as she is commonly known as, has always felt different. When she moves to Forks with... More

Before you Read
Mood Boards
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 11

9.6K 187 30
By msdaniried

The thing about pain,
Is it won't last forever,
And it kills you right now,
But with time it gets better,
The thing about scars,
Is they all start to fade,
Until nothing is left,
Of the cuts that were made,
The thing about today,
Is there's always tomorrow,
And if you can't find your smile,
I have one you can borrow,
The thing about help,
Is beside you it stands,
But it won't know it's needed,
Unless you reach out your hand,
The thing about love,
Is you can't feel it's touch,
Until you let someone know,
That this world is too much.

Klaus's Plan

Nightmare

My eyes snap open and I find myself in the middle of Mystic Falls, right in front of the clock tower. Black shadow people surround me. Exhaustion ripples through my bones and I can't help but groan as continuous spasms of anguish traveled up my arms, legs, and spine from holding this position for far too long. I wobble unsteadily, my head lolling to the side.

The bonds that hold me painfully in place are laced tightly around my flesh. They are woven around my body, starting from my wrists and downward, down around my arms, throat, chest, stomach and legs until they tied off at my ankles. The thin, silvery barbed-wire styled construction bite spitefully into me whenever I move.

A grunt leaves my lips as my body goes into spasms in release of the agony and the wire sliced into me as though I am butter; tearing bloody ribbons that oozed and wept blood down my body in thick streams.

I part my lips, swallowing hard in attempt to moisten my dry throat. "What do...you want...from...me?" I managed out, my voice hoarse and shaky with blood-loss, exhaustion and pain- Each of them dragging me ferociously towards unconsciousness.  

The wire sliced deeper, gouging great grooves into my flesh.
The wire tightened again, forcing my head up a fraction.

One of the shadow people step forward, holding a lit torche. The person reveals themselves as none other than Klaus Mikaelson.

"N-Nik?" I rasp.

Klaus smirks, his blue eyes dark and uncaring. "Hello luv."

"P-please...h-help me...I d-don't understand...what's h-happening." My voice comes out small and shakey but I know he can hear me just fine.

"Oh I won't be helping you luv," Klaus says in a taunting tone. "Say hello to Mikael for me."

My eyes widen as Klaus throws the lit torch at my feet. The flames engulf the wooden planks and hay surrounding my bare feet. I scream as the flames lick up my legs.

"Nik help me! Please! Ahh!"

Klaus laughs before disappearing into the crowd of shadows. As Klaus become a shadow once more the group of them began to clap and cheer.

My eyes close and tears fall down my cheeks as I scream. The flames hug my entire body like a blanket.

End of Nightmare

I shoot up, my mouth open in a silent scream. Sweat drenched my body and my heart beats wildly against my ribcage in panic. Fear taints my mouth as I wrap my arms around myself in hopes to calm myself down. Another nightmare...it felt so real.

Foolishly I thought the nightmares were over because I haven't had one in so long. So much for that idea. Shaking the dream from my mind I crawl out of bed. No point in trying to fall asleep after that.

I make my way to the closet and grab some clothes to wear before taking them with me to the bathroom for a shower. Once my body is clean I get dressed and go about my usual morning routine. Since it is only six in the morning I use the spare time to paint my nails before I head downstairs for breakfast. 

"Morning luv," Klaus greets me as I walk into the kitchen.

I shiver slightly as I remember the look he gave me in my dream.

Good morning Nik.
I sign, flashing him a smile.

I grab a mug from the cabinet as well as a bowl. I fill the cup with coffee and creamer and the bowl with apple Jack's cereal and milk. I then grab a spoon, plop it in my bowl and take my things to the table. Klaus scrolls through his phone as I eat my cereal.

So what's the plan for today?
I ask, feeling curious.

Klaus looks up from his phone and smirks, "I'll be paying Elena and Damon a visit."

I nod, taking a sip of my coffee.

Once I finish my breakfast and brush my teeth I accompany Klaus for his visit to Elena and Damon. We end up finding them at the Mystic Grill.

Damon throws darts at the dart board and Elena stands behind him with her arms crossed. Damon stops throwing darts as Elena says something. Turning around he steps closer to her. He flashes her a flirty smile as the two continue talking. I roll my eyes as Klaus and I walk behind them.

"Don't mind me," Klaus says, gaining their attention.

"Klaus," Elena gasps, looking sacred as she steps behind Damon.

"Your going to do this in the Grill, in front of everyone? So beneath you, don't you think?" Damon says, defensively. 

"I don't know what your talking about," Klaus denies. "I just came down to my local pub to get a drink with a mate." He turns to look at one of his hybrids who walks up, "Get around him would you Tony?"

The hybrid, Tony, nods, flashing Elena smirk. Elena looks at him in shock, as though she has seen him before. Klaus probably had him follow her as a scare tactic.

"Suprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour," Damon stated bringing Klaus's attention away from Elena.

"My sister seems to be missing, need to sort that out." Klaus snaps, eyes narrowing. 

"Cute blonde bomb shell, psycho, can't be too hard to find." Damon replies flippantly.

"Truth is, I've  grown to like your little town. Might fancy a home here." Klaus walks past Damon and towards Elena. "I suppose your wondering how that affects you. The answer is not in the slightest, as long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves you can live your little lives how ever you choose." He turns and makes eye contact with Elena, "You have my word."

"What more could you possibly want?" Elena asks.

Klaus steps closer to her, "Well for starters you can tell me where Stefan is."

Damon takes a step in front of Elena, "Stefan left town the second he saved your ass."

"Well you see that is a shame," Klaus turns and throws a dart at the board, hitting the bulls eye before facing Damon again. "Your brother stole from me. I need him found so that I can take back what is mine."

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem," Elena retorts.

Klaus glares at her and steps forward. Damon steps between them. Klaus notices this and chuckles before looking at Elena.

"Well this is me broadening the scope sweetheart." He flashes them a smirk before he walks out of the grill.

I make eye contact and flash Damon a sad smile before following Klaus. I care about Klaus but I still care about Damon. There both my friends but Klaus needs me more. I just hope Damon will understand one day.

We end up at the Salvatore boarding house an hour later. When we walk in Damon is pouring himself a drink. As he turns around he sees Klaus and I  standing in the doorway.

Klaus walks into the room, me trailing close behind. " I think it's about time we had a drink, don't you?"

Damon nods, " I'd say we're overdue."

"Well, you've been so busy with all your plotting and scheming." Klaus retorts smirking.

Damon shrugs, "You know me. Never miss a chance to plan an epic failure."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Who could have guessed your own brother would betray you?" Klaus responds.

Damon is quick to reply, "Well, I did have a front row seat when your sister lied to you."

Klaus shrugs, "Yeah, well she's fickle that one. And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?"

"That's the thing with younger siblings. You just never know what they're gonna do." Damon replies before turning to me, "Drink?"

I shake my head,
No thanks.

Damon pours Klaus and himself a drink and hands Klaus one of the glasses.

"

Cheers mate!" Klaus raises his glass.

Damon raises his glass as well, "Down the hatch."

They both take a drink.

"You know, we've actually got a lot in common, you and I." Klaus says after taking a sip.

Damon raises an eyebrow, "Really? Well, yeah. Maybe we can bond over our mutual loathing of my brother. Why are you so mad at him? He stole something?"

"My family, the Originals. I had them daggered, boxed-up awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot."Klaus responds bitterly.

Damon shakes his head, "Of course he did. Such a buzzkill, my baby bro." He walks to the window and looks out, "Well, I'd love to find him. Just the trouble is," he turns to look at Klaus "I sure as hell don't work for you."

I hold back a grin at Damon's sass.

Klaus rolls his eyes before replying, "You know, your drink stinks of vervain- so I can't compel you. There be no point in killing you because your actually the one with the most help of getting me what I need. And yet it would seem a demonstration is in order. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I told you to find Stefan. Well, it seems you people respond best to displays of violence. Why don't you take this as an example of my reach."

He takes out his phone and calls someone. "There he is! So, that thing I told you to do...why don't you go ahead and get on with it?"

When he hangs up I give him a look of confusion but he avoids my gaze. Damon sends me a worried look as Klaus sets the glass down and walks out.

"You don't have to be with him you know, I can protect you."

I know you won't understand but he's my friend. 
I tell him before following Klaus.

Klaus drives the two of back to his mansion. His hybrids are hard at work finishing up the finishing touches of the construction. As if this place wasn't big enough already.

Klaus and Mindy, one of his hybrids, are walking through the rooms of a large mansion; workers are everywhere. I walk along side Klaus.

"Compel the men to open up this wall. We need sun. I want a fortress not a dungeon."

Tyler walks up to Klaus.

"Here he is: man of the hour!" Klaus praises him.

"So everything went okay?" Tyler questions.

"Tony ran down Alaric instead of Jeremy, but apples, oranges, message lands the same." Klaus responds, shrugging.

At this new information I narrow my eyes at Klaus.

Just as I am about to tell him off Tyler beats me to it.

"You said you are sending them a warning."

Klaus places his hands on Tyler's shoulders, "And I did. An effective one! Elena's family suffers, she is motivated to get me what I want."

Tyler looks conflicted, "I didn't think that we actually have to kill anyone."

"Tyler, mate. What you are feeling is the remnant of a guilty conscience. I need you to get over it, okay? End of the day human life is just a means to an end. Our means to our end. You do well to remember that?" Klaus retorts before walking past Tyler with Mindy at his side.

I look towards Tyler with a panicked expression. Tyler seems to sense my worry for my cousin.

"Don't worry, I'll protect him." He says before running away at super speed.

I bite my lip anxiously.

Remembering my anger at Klaus I storm up to him.

What the actual fuck is wrong with you?! You ordered one of your bitch dogs to try and kill my cousin?! Do you forget that he is my family?! I'm your friend! I promised to help you get yours back and you do this?!
I'm seething with rage as I sign at him.

Klaus looks regretful, "I'm terribly sorry luv. It slipped my mine that you and the Gilbert boy are family. I only did what I thought would motivate Elena the most."

My face is red with anger as I huff.
Well don't you ever put him in danger again!

Klaus nods, cupping my face with his hands. "I promise you luv, I will never put Jeremy in harms way again."

I nod, still feeling angry but slowly calming down.
Your damn right you won't. 

Klaus chuckles at my attitude filled response. "I must get back to work finishing this house."

I hug him to reassure him before letting him walk away.

****

Hours later, after the sun went down, Klaus receives a call from Elena. I go with him to the Salvatore boarding house to meet with her.

Elena opens the door; Klaus and I stand outside

"Thank you for coming," Elena says as Klaus and I enter the house.

"I trust you have news of Stefan" Klaus asks getting straight to the point.

Elena shake her head as she closes the door. "I couldn't find him. But I have something else."

We follow her down to the cellar. Elena opens the door to a cell; Rebekah lies on the ground, daggered.

Klaus shakes his head, "My poor sister. I can't turn my back on her for a moment."

"You have Rebekah. A deal is a deal." Elena pipes up.

Klaus nods, "The life of my sister in exchange for your brother? Yeah I'd say that's a bargain. Consider him spared."
"You should know I was the one that daggered her. When she wakes she'll come after me." Elena confessed.

I glare at the back of her head, although I'm not surprised; Elena has always been a self serving bitch.

"I can control Rebekah. Besides I still need your help finding Stefan." Klaus says, turning to look at Elena.

"I told you I don't know where he is." Elena argues.

Klaus undaggers Rebekah, "You're lying. Fortunately you have no shortage of loved ones. If I don't find my family the question you should be asking yourself is who's gonna die next! Bonnie? Caroline? Damon? It's only a matter of time before Stefan gives me what I want."

"He doesn't care about me anymore. You made sure of that. You turned him into a monster. Now he's your problem. And just so you know I'm not the only one that Rebekah wants dead. She knows what you did to your mother. She knows that you killed her. You can let yourself out." Elena replies, glaring at him before she leaves the cellar.

Klaus sighs and picks Rebekah and the dagger up. I follow him outside as he puts Rebekah in the back of his car. When we arrive back to his house he places her body on a table.

Rebekah's skin still gray as she lays there.

"Here we are, Rebekah. Home sweet home. Only took a thousand years...And to think I was counting on you being here with me. But that's all ruined now, isn't it?"

One of her fingers moves a little.

"I'm so sorry." He strokes her cheek.

"Sister...We'll meet again one day..." He then daggers her once again.

I shake my head feeling sorry for her

Klaus closes Rebekah's coffin.

"Sweet dreams Rebekah." Klaus turns to Mindy. "Show her to her room, would you, love?"

Mindy nods, "Sure."

Mindy wheels the coffin away.

"I'm surprised you're still in town. I gave you your freedom, you could have gone anywhere." Klaus says to Stefan who is leaning against the doorframe.

"I live here, Klaus." Stefan retorts.

"Well, if we're playing this game, then...I was here first." Klaus smirks.

"You know, I don't like your hybrid friends. They're everywhere, kind of like fleas. I want them gone." Stefan demands.

"Yeah, well I kind of like having them around. You know, I'm hurt. I hoped that when I freed you, we'd pick up where we left off. But here you are, guzzling vervain like the rest of them, I'm sure. So much for friendship." Klaus says feigning sadness.

"Friends don't strip friends of their free will." Stefan snaps.

"Okay, granted, yeah, that was a little extreme, but I get a little moody. Just ask my siblings. Speaking of whom, isn't it time you handed them over?" Klaus crosses his arms.

"Klaus, get your hybrids out of Mystic Falls or I will remove them myself." Stefan states threateningly.

"Hmm. You see, if you continue to threaten me, I'm gonna be forced to retaliate. Kill people. And it will get messy again." Klaus responds.

"Do whatever you want, I don't really care. Or you know what? Maybe I do. Maybe I care so much, that I'll drop Elijah in the Arctic." Stefan replies, smirking at the end.

"Well, maybe I'll be willing to lose one brother if it meant killing yours." Klaus threatens.

"Try me, let's find out." Stefan snaps.

Mindy walks in.

"Is everything okay?" She asks.

Klaus nods, "Everything is fine, Mindy. Stefan was just leaving after failing to make his point."

Stefan waits a moment, grabs a saw from the work table he's next to, rushes over to Mindy and cuts her head clean off with it.

I gasp silently in shock.

"Well, one down. You may want to, ah, send the rest of them away before it gets messy, again." Stefan smirks before he throws the saw back on the table and leaves.

A hybrid named Daniel walks in with Mindy's head in a bag.

"What do you want me to do with her head?" He asks.

Klaus sighs, "Just get rid of it. Burn it. I honestly don't care, Daniel."

Daniel walks away. Tyler walks in.

"You called? I'm here. What happened?"

"What happened is Stefan had two paths in front of him and he chose the one that made me angry. I need you to help me do something about that." Klaus responds.

Tyler frowns, "Can't you just leave me out of it?"

Klaus raises an eyebrow, "What would be the point in that?"

Tyler scoffs, "Seriously man, can't you just get one of your other hybrids to do your bidding? I lost my friends, my girlfriend."

Klaus ignores him, "Right, your, uh, your girlfriend. Um, about her...I need you to bite her."

Tyler's eyes widen, "What?"

"Don't make me repeat myself." Klaus orders.

"A hybrid bite will kill a vampire." Tyler says, worried.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know exactly what it will do. Uh, Stefan pushed me too far, so I'm pushing back."

"I'm not biting Caroline." Tyler argues.

"Tyler, I've been supernaturally blessed with the good fortune of a sire bond to you. So, one could consider this me putting your undying loyalty to the test." Klaus responds.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not hurting Caroline." Tyler snaps, shaking his head stubbornly.

"All right. All right. I'm disappointed, but you know, it's your choice, free will and all that. I'll find another way to strike at Stefan. You can go now." Klaus sighs.

****

I stand beside Klaus as he is talking with Carol Lockwood.

"You know Carol when I think of a mayor I think of an old fuddy-duddy, but you really have changed my perception!" Klaus says, flattering Carol.

I roll my eyes.

Carol smiles, "Oh, thank you!"

Damon walks over to us.

"I mean you are just delightful! What color are your eyes?" Klaus flirts.

Carol blushes, "They are blue."

Klaus smirks, "Oh yes, they are."

"Look at what the cat dragged in. Nice vest." Damon says in a sassy tone.

Daniel is standing behind Klaus.

"Thank you very much, good to see you, Damon. Carol and I were discussing about whether you would be the other big benefactor." Klaus says smirking at Damon.

"What do you say Damon? Klaus has made a very generous pledge. You know how we're chomping at the bit to begin the renovation." Carol says smiling.

"Carol, don't take this the wrong way, but do you realize that you've been kissing the ass of an immortal hybrid who ruined your son's life?" Damom retorts, glaring at Klaus.

"Oh, come now. Some would say that I saved it from all that nasty full moon business. I've never had to go through it myself more than twice, to be honest, but still, I'm very sympathetic." Klaus interrupts, putting on a good sympathetic act.

"Klaus has promised to protect Tyler, Damon. And our town." Carol responds to Damon.

"From who? His hybrids are the one the town needs protection from." Damon argues.

"Well, I'd have no use for them if your brother would kindly return my family." Klaus narrows his eyes at Damon.

"Not gonna happen." Damon shakes his head.

"That's what I thought, which is why I've come to an agreement with the Mayor. You and the Council stay out of my hair, I stay out of yours. Your town gets protected, my hybrids get left alone and everybody will be happy. All you have to do is to get Stefan to stop decapitating my friends." Klaus states, arms crossed.

"Please Damon, just get your brother under control, or the Council will be forced to take action against him." Carol begs Damon.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Damon groans.

"Oh come on mate. Give peace a chance." Klaus smirks.

Damon huffs and walks off.

****

As Klaus is in the middle of a conversation Damon walks up and leads him to an empty room. I follow behind, wondering what Damon is up to.

"What now? You just pulled me away from a fascinating conversation about landscaping the Town Square." Klaus asks, sarcastically.

I grin shaking my head in amusement.

"Stefan just grabbed Elena." Damon says, urgency lacing his tone.

"Well, he's getting desperate." Klaus says, unfazed.

"He's gonna try and use her against you. Do what he says, get rid of your hybrids." Damon begs.

"Or what? Stefan would never dream of killing her." Klaus argues.

"You sure about that? He just tried to behead someone in the middle of a Council party. He's operating on crazy right now." Damon retorts stubbornly. 

"Well, crazy or not, that kind of love never dies. He's bluffing." Klaus insists.

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but if you don't want to believe him, believe me. I know my brother better than anyone, and right now, I don't have a clue how far he is willing to take this. So if he says blink, I suggest you blink." Damon says, in a serious tone.

I look towards Klaus, wondering what he'll do. Damon looks at me and frowns before walking out of the room.

What now?

"He's bluffing, Stefan would never harm Elena."

I raise an eyebrow.
Are you sure about that?

****

No longer than twenty minutes pass before Stefan calls Klaus. I insist that he put it on speaker phone.

"Stefan, how nice to hear your voice." Klaus greets, speaking first.

"Tell your hybrids to get out of town, Klaus." Stefan goes straight to the point.

"Well that's not gonna happen until I get my coffins back." Klaus responds.

"Okay, well then I'm gonna drive your blood source off Wickery Bridge." Stefan threatens.

"I don't believe you Stefan. You won't kill her." Klaus argues.

Its silent  for a moment before Elena begans spluttering, "No! No! No! What are you doing?"

Klaus looks at me concerned, "What's going on?"

"I just fed her my blood. No more hybrids if she's a vampire." Stefan responds and I just know he's smirking.

"You won't do it." Klaus insists.

"Really? Try me, because your coffins are next to go. Say goodbye to your family Klaus." Stefan retorts.

Elena begans screaming, "Stefan, slow down! Stefan! Stefan, stop it!"

"Fine, I'll send them away. You win." Klaus relents.

Elena continues screaming, "Stefan! Stefan, stop!"

"Stop the car, Stefan!" Klaus yells.

The sound of breaks can be heard as Stefan stops the car. Klaus hangs up the phone, furious.

****

Klaus gets a call from Tyler who says in a panic that he accidentally bite Caroline. At first Klaus wasn't going to save her but after I gave him a fierce glare and slapped his arm he assured Tyler that he will give Caroline his blood. While Klaus is doing that I change out of the dress Klaus insisted I wear and into a pair of pajamas. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep but I'm going to at least try.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 1.2K 23
Piper Swan is the older sister of Isabella Swan. Piper is quite outgoing and funny when she wants to be. She's overprotective of her little sister, e...
186K 5.3K 23
"You can not choose your fate, your fate chooses you. What you do along the way to your destiny, that is your choose." When Vanessa Harmony Swan gets...
145K 3.2K 20
Being Bella swans sister and having an mental illness that deems Athena 'crazy' isn't a good combination But when she moves to forks and meets a fam...
460K 11.3K 34
Khloe Swan is Bella's adopted sister, but they don't see it as that. They see each other as blood. Khloe is like Bella in a way, but is more quiet un...