Delusions of the Innocent | ✓

By NamjoonBieber

Amara Mahmoud is a 20-year-old, Muslim girl who is in her fourth year of undergraduate studies. She has a lov... More

[!]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[A/N]

[8]

9.8K 623 100
By NamjoonBieber

Peter's POV

"Amara! Hey! I didn't mean to offend you. Amara—" she didn't stop, instead she walked out of the class even faster.

"Mr. Bilal, is there a problem?" Dr. Adams asks.

Shit

"Sorry, Sir. I started fooling around and said something I shouldn't have." I say, hoping he doesn't ask for details.

He sighs. "When will you learn to hold your tongue, Peter? Go after Ms. Mahmoud and make sure she's okay."

I nod. "Yes, Sir."

• • •

Amara's POV

I lean over the sink to try to get a grip on myself. I start to think over how I reacted. Thank God the washroom is empty.

"Ugh... I overreacted, didn't I? I could've handled the news a lot better. I don't know what came over me..." I say to myself.

I hear the washroom entrance door open and I quickly stand up straight, pretending to fix my hijab.

Two girls walk in talking really loudly.

"People at the party apparently saw her come out of the room right before him." The one with the longer hair says.

"No way would she hook up with Daamir." The girl with the shorter dark hair goes silent for a bit. "Say... doesn't she wear those religious headscarves? It has to be a mistake."

My heart sinks. I can feel myself getting sick.

"Some just wear that for show. Saint in the front and sinner in the back." The long-haired one chuckles.

It can't be me. They can't possibly be talking about me.

"What's her name?" The short-haired girl asks.

I could pass out from the lack of oxygen passing through my heart.

"Hm... I don't know... But I do know she's in the same class as Daamir and Peter. Some biology class." The long-haired girl answers.

"To be honest, Daamir's charms are hard to ignore. I don't blame her for getting wrapped around him. He's jaw-dropping sexy." The short-haired girl giggles. "He probably said a few sweet words and the poor girl fell for it."

"Knowing Daamir, that's 110% possible. Hmph... poor girl." The long-haired girl says as she finishes putting on her lipstick.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the entrance door. "Excuse me, ladies."

"Peter?" One of the girls instantly recognizes him.

No, no, no. This is literally the worst timing.

"Yes, it's me. Is there a girl, who's wearing a dusty pink headscarf, in the washroom with you guys?" He asks.

Peter, you freaking bitc—

The girls both look at me and the long-haired one answers. "Yeah. There is."

Peter barges. "Sorry to interrupt, ladies. Is it okay if I speak to her for a bit?"

They look at Peter, back at me and then back at Peter again with blinking wide eyes.

Peter winks his eyes at them and they instantly melt in his presence. They begin giggling and twirling around their hair pieces to try to be more appealing.

They nod and quickly leave the washroom.

I couldn't even process what absurdity just occurred. "P-Peter—d-did you just—"

He takes a few steps towards me, while I take a few back hitting the wall as my dead end.

He places one hand on the wall, blocking me from leaving.

"W-what are you doing?" My voice is shaky. I can feel my heart beating so loud that my chest feels like it'll burst.

He smiles. "You really need to stop running off so abruptly."

His captivating smile makes the pounding in my ears grow louder.

"Peter! You're in a women's washroom!" I say in a hushed tone.

"I know that."

"You could've waited until I left the washroom."

"I could have."

"But..." I sigh. "You prefer your dramatic entrances."

"You know me so well already." He grins.

"Can we please make our way out?" I start to slip away from him but he places his other hand on the other side to stop me.

He leans in even closer, stopping me from making a single movement because one wrong move and I could end up closer than I could handle.

"Amara, I'm sorry." He says softly.

"For?" I ask.

"For talking about Beena and I so insensitively."

"I should be sorry for overreacting. I shouldn't have gotten angry without speaking to Beena first." I admit.

"Your reaction was completely valid. She's your friend, you don't want her to end up in a bad place." He says.

I was shocked at how understanding he is about the situation. My emotions becomes conflicted; fighting the urge to not deepen my crush on him.

"N-no, it's really okay. I don't—"

The washroom door swings open, with a frightened girl entering.

"Uh..." She looks in between a horrified me and a relaxed Peter.

"Sorry about this, Miss. My damsel had ran away from me and I just located her here." He winks at the girl who, obviously, blushes because who doesn't fall for Peter Bilal's charisma?

"Peter!" I lightly smack his arm out of annoyance.

"Ow!" He frowns as he rubs his arm. "We'll get out of your way." He grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the washroom.

Once we get outside, I sigh. "You're unbelievable! Which sane man just walks into the women's washroom? You're actually crazy."

"I needed to talk to you."

"That's not a good enough excuse. You could have texted me, called me, asked me to come outside, there were so many options."

"Would you listened to me either way?"

"Yes! I would have!"

"Hey, you two... what's going on?" Munir stands in between Peter and I.

"Peter needs to get his head checked. He seriously walked into a girl's bathroom so he could talk to me." I roll my eyes.

Munir looks at Peter with wide eyes. "Why in the hell would you do that? You could've just called her from outside of the door, if anything."

"I said the same thing!" I agreed.

"Damn, Rooble. Can you help a friend out? I'm being savagely attacked." Peter pouts.

Rooble? Who's that?

I turn around to see someone else who had been walking behind us quietly. Are all of Peter's friends extremely attractive... How does that even work?

Rooble shrugs his shoulders. "What can I say, man? You did walk into a women's washroom. You were really desperately trying to catch a lawsuit."

"Ah, yes. My friends are very supportive. Anyways, Amara, this is Rooble. Rooble, this is Amara." Peter introduces him to me and vice versa.

"Ah, the famous Amara. Nice to meet you." He says.

Famous? Why am I famous?

Peter starts coughing really loudly to cover up what Rooble said but I'm not daft, I already heard what he said.

"Rooble has been friends with me for as long as Munir has been. We're one big happy family. We're just missing Daamir. Should I call him to our family reunion in the hallway?" Peter grins.

Daamir is his close friend too? Jeez.

"No, we should head back to class." I recommend.

"I agree. Stop missing so much class, Peter. It was nice to meet you, Amara." Rooble smiles, making my heart flutter.

It fluttered in a different way than it does for Peter. It was more like when an attractive person smiles and your heart just does the fluttery thing for no reason.

"It was nice to meet you too." I say. I turn to look at Munir, "I totally forgot to ask you, can I see your semester two schedule? Do we have any classes together?"

"Uh, hold up. Let me pull out my schedule—" Munir gets interrupted.

Peter grabs my hand. "You can show it to her later. We have to get to class before Dr. Adams finds us gone for too long."

He drags me behind him, his hand in mine as my legs turn to jelly. I hate that he has this effect on me.

"Peter, my hand—" I try to ask to him to let go but his grip gets firmer.

"Shh, I can't have you running away again." He says softly.

If he goes on like this, my heart will pop out of my chest.

• • •

Rooble's POV

"He's seriously smitten with her." I chuckle as Munir and I watch Peter pull her away.

"Smitten? Or is he infatuated because she's a little different than his usual girls? Or maybe it's obsession? Possession?" Munir's tone is serious.

"You're right." I shake my head in disappointment. "Don't worry, Munir. We'll keep an eye on him. We'll try to keep Amara away from Peter's fucked up ways."

"Damn right, we will. She's a good person." He sighs.

Does Munir... like her?

Oh... This isn't good.

- - -

A/N: ooooo WHAT IS GOING ON?? 😱

Next Update: Thursday, June 20 @ 11 AM (EST/Toronto Time), Insh'Allah!

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 18.7K 31
[All Rights Reserved] "Sometimes shutting off the world is the best option" -Amara Lost, that's the perfect word to describe Amara. She felt like she...
7.6K 545 49
Eshaal a lovely spirited,religious, annoying, cocky but really nice muslim girl betrayed by her best friend, can't seem to trust anyone anymore and s...
1.2M 18.7K 60
Amara Brady, the schools nerd, her name unknown to any normal persons ears. Straight A's and perfect homework, but what if it's just a coverup? Ou...
90.2K 10.3K 25
She is sweet and kind. He is rude and arrogant. She loves talking. He finds solace in silence. She is clumsy and fun loving. He is cold and reserved...