Good girl & Bad boy. Cliché!

By AnnabelleSmithson

Grace is Sweet, simple and way too sarcastic. She doesn't like to be rude to people but, she stands for her f... More

Intoduction.
* Chapter 1 *
* Chapter 2 *
* Chapter 3 *
* Chapter 4 *
* Chapter 5 * ( Pic of Cameron )
* Chapter 6 * ( Pic of Grace )
* Chapter 7 *
* Chapter 8 *
* Chapter 9 *
* Chapter 10 *
* Chapter 11 *
* Chapter 12 *
* Chapter 13 * (Pic of Chris)
* Chapter 14 *
* Chapter 15 *
* Chapter 16 *
* Chapter 18 *
* Chapter 19 *
* Chapter 20 *
* Chapter 21 *
* Chapter 22 *
* Chapter 23 *
* Chapter 24 *
* Chapter 25 *
* Chapter 26 *
CONTEST TIME :D
Sequel **Yaaaayyy** :D

* Chapter 17 *

280K 6.3K 506
By AnnabelleSmithson

Chapter 17

( Un – edited )

Grace Preston

“This plan is not going well.” I said sadly. Nick and I were trying pretty hard to make Cameron jealous and at some points I could see him a bit irritated or frustrated from our display of affection for each other. But other than that he didn’t react. I expected him to lash out on Nick or pull me out of his arms and hug me tight or maybe say something cheesy like ‘she’s mine’. But none of that filmy crappy thing happened.

Stupid moviemakers! All they show is nonsense.

“Relax, Grace! He’ll come around eventually.” Nick said, trying to calm me down.

I sighed. “I don’t know when that eventually is going to come but I’m kicking his ass if he doesn’t come around soon.” I said, frustration rising inside me.

“Poor Cam.” Nick said sadly.

I glared at him and he gave me a sheepish smile. All boys are damn douche bags!

“So, where should I drop you?” he asked.

“Supermarket, I need to buy some stuff.” I said sighing. I guess, I’ll just have to wait and see if there’s anything at all that Cameron feels for me.

Five minutes later Nick dropped me at the Super market. I entered looking for some stuff that I had to buy for the house since Brian and Cam were a big time foodie, the grocery which would be enough for two months was about to finish.

Half an hour later I was almost done and was looking for my gummy bears.

“Hey Grace.”I heard someone call me from behind, I voice I faintly recognized. I turned around to see a smirking Chris Ryder.

“You.” I said surprised. The last time I saw him was on the day of Race when he had met with an accident.

He looked amused for some reason. “Yeah, remember me?” he said cocking his head to the side.

I nodded my head. He looked too intimidating for me to say anything.

He laughed. “Am I scary or something?”

I wanted to shout.. Hell yeah! But refrained myself and shook my head. “No. why?”

“You look a bit scared.” He said narrowing his eyes and took a step forward. Immediately I stepped back.

“N-No, nothing like that.” I said and started walking towards the counter. I didn’t know this guy well, he was probably nice but judging from the looks he looked like a total villain. Also, Cameron’s reaction to him wasn’t very.. nice.

I paid for the grocery and exited the store. “Hey Grace.”

I groaned. He didn’t get the hint when I walked away from him. I turned around and jumped back, Chris was standing way too close. I tripped over my own foot and was about to fall when an arm went around my waist holding me in place. The bags fell from my hands and my arms went around Chris’s neck.

I looked into his hard eyes, void of any kind of emotions.

“Grace?” I heard someone say.

Gee, how many times have I heard someone call my name? What is it? Grace Day?

I looked around but didn’t see anyone. Well, since I was still in that position with Chris I couldn’t look around clearly. I stood up and Chris let go of me with a smirk on his face.

Out of nowhere, Cameron Ryder was standing in between me and Chris.

“Cameron?” I asked confused. What is he doing here?

“Hello Cameron.” I heard Chris say but I couldn’t see him since Cameron was blocking my view.

Cameron was tense, his hands clenched on his sides.

“Stay away from Grace.” he said warningly. Eventhough, I should be scared that they may break into a fight I felt my insides warm due to his possessiveness.

“Right.” he laughed humorlessly. “Cameron Ryder, possessive over a girl, didn’t think I would ever see that day.

Cameron just stood there, probably glaring the life out of Chris.

”Well..” Chris started speaking again. “I met her yesterday.”

Cameron froze.

“You went there?” He asked in a hard voice and I knew he was trying to control himself.

I peered from behind him and saw Chris shrug. “Yeah. She didn’t ask about you even once, you know.” He said smirking.

Well, who the hell is she? Dammit! It’s getting frustrating now. I have to know!

Instead of getting angrier or snapping at Cameron, I felt his body slump a little. I felt stunned for a moment because this wasn’t something I expected. It was like he was tired, like he had given up.

I looked at his face and instead of seeing emotionless mask, I saw something that almost made me cry.

Hurt and pain.

I had never seen Cameron like this, so sad and.. defeated. It broke my heart.

I heard someone’s phone ringing and realized it was Chris’ when I pulled out his phone from his pocket.

“Well, I got to go. See you later, brother.” He said smirking and then looked at me. I resisted the urge to glare at him like a mad woman and looked away.

After he went, I looked back at Cameron and placed a hand on his shoulder. “You okay?”

He looked at me for a moment, his eyes sad and soft and then he nodded.

“Let’s go.”

I picked up the grocery bag and followed him wondering who is this she that Chris always reminds him about and what caused this much pain and hurt to Cameron.

~^_^~

I was sitting in my room thinking of all kind of stupid things to make a person laugh. Well, make Cameron laugh actually and I swear to god it is the most difficult task ever!

For the past fifteen minutes I’ve been sitting here thinking of everything and anything to cheer him up. I just can’t see him sad like that, it just makes me want to cry. And one more thing I’ve decided is I’ll find out who this she is. I don’t know how but I will. There is no way Cameron will tell me, at least not know but I’ll find out!

Frustrated by not being able to come with any kind of idea I finally decided to go to his room and just see what happens.

I went and stood in front of his door, contemplating whether I should go in or not. Before I chickened out I pushed his door open, forgetting my manners and went inside without knocking. I looked around but the room was empty. I walked to his washroom but it was unlocked too.

Did Cameron go somewhere?

Oh my god! What if he was angry and he went for the race? What if he-?

Suddenly I noticed a figure standing in the balcony and breathed a huge sigh of relief. I swear I had a mini panic attack!

I walked to the balcony and stood behind him.

“Cameron.”I said softly. he turned around and looked down at me with the same soft expression he had when I asked him if he was okay earlier.

He sighed and looked down. “I’m fine.”

I shook my head. “No you’re not.”

He looked at me shocked for a moment and then turned around.

“Cameron, you can talk to me. It’s not good to keep everything bottled up inside yourself.” I said and stepped to his side.

“It’s.. It’s hard, Grace. I..” he sighed. “I don’t know what to say.” He said and turned to me. He looked like a little lost boy. I looked into his eyes, filled with sadness and helplessness and did the only thing I could think of.

I hugged him.

I hugged Cameron Ryder.

He tensed under my touch for a moment, maybe shocked a little but then he relaxed and his arms went around my waist. Tingles shot through me as my body was pressed to his.

He buried his face in my neck and hugged me tighter.

I was struggling to believe that I was hugging Cameron Ryder but it felt nice, warm and safe. And in that moment it didn’t feel like there was a need to say anything.

Like they say, actions speak more than words.

A/N – I’m so so so so sorry for the late update but I had a writer’s block and then there are a lot of ‘teen’ problems going on in my life so it was kind of difficult to focus on this.

Anyway, here’s the chapter. I’m sorry if it’s crappy and I know it’s short but I wanted to end it here because the next chapter will have a bit of revelations and will be longer. *Hint* *Hint* ;)

Oh and I’ve uploaded Mason and Lexi’s date separately so if you want to read, it’s in my works.

Thank you to all those who have stuck to the story, even though I’m taking a lot of time to upload. You people are awesome, amazing and lovely :D

Cookies, fruits and chocolates for you all.

Hugs and kisses!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

808K 31.3K 32
"We need something to make sure that neither of us will say a word, something to seal the deal." "What?" I ask, narrowing my eyes. I don't entirely t...
349K 9.6K 38
A lot can change in 3 years. Meet Rayna Mitchell. She's fun, outgoing and an absolute lovely person. With her family, group of awesome best friends a...
154K 4.5K 37
She's the one who timidly hides alone in the back of the library, her nose buried in countless books. He's the one who's surrounded by heaps of fello...
591K 21.9K 42
Jessica Jensen with her family shifts to a new town. There, Jessica comes across many people one of them being Jace Brewer,the bad boy of the school...