Four Horsemen of the Apocalyp...

By CelestialShadowWolf

Final Fantasy XV x Reader Book two in the short series "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" Prompto x Reader **C... More

|| One ||
|| Two ||
|| Three ||
|| Four ||
|| Five ||
|| Seven ||
|| Eight ||
|| Nine ||
|| Ten ||
|| Eleven ||
|| Twelve ||
|| Thirteen ||
|| Fourteen ||
|| Fifteen ||
|| Sixteen ||
|| Seventeen ||
|| Eighteen ||
|| Nineteen ||

|| Six ||

954 38 2
By CelestialShadowWolf

A/n: (M/n) means mother's name and (F/n) means father's name. Just a small FYI for later on in the chapter. Hope you all enjoy! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

Prompto fell from the train, taking (Y/n)'s lifeless body with him. He screamed as he fell and his entire body ached when his back slammed against the ground. Famine's body landed a few feet away from him, a bullet hole between her eyes. The wound on her arm healed before Ardyn had pulled the trigger to fire the second bullet. All that was left was the single hole in her head.

The blonde grunted in pain as he pushed himself up and searched for (Y/n). When he found her corpse, he scrambled over to her and cradled her body in his arms. "(Y-Y/n)...?" He stared into her lifeless, (e/c) eyes, trailing a hand through her golden locks. He saw no sign of the bullet wound healing and felt tears threatening to fall. He nuzzled his nose into her cold cheek, a few tears escaping their prison and trailing down his cheeks. His bottom lip quivered as he tried to keep from crying out.

Carefully, Prompto gathered (Y/n) into his arms and carried her body away from the tracks. He reached an abandoned house that was located not far from the tracks and pushed open the door with his foot. He wandered inside and laid the Horseman's body against the wall beside the door. Reluctantly, he left her to check around the house.

In the bedroom, he found spare clothes that were meant to be worn in cold weather. He even discovered a black beanie in the pile of clothes. Grabbing the clothes, he wandered back into the living room where he left (Y/n). Placing the outfit down, he kneeled in front of the girl and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. Eyes filled with sorrow, he leaned forward and rested his forehead against her shoulder. "I'm sorry, (Y/n)."

"What are you apologizing for?"

Prompto lifted his head from her shoulder, crystalline eyes wide when he heard her gentle voice. Once lifeless, her (e/c) eyes now glistened beautifully. A smile bloomed on the boy's face as he wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. "I-I thought... I thought..."

(Y/n) wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her chin on his shoulder. "The brain is a bit more complicated when it comes to the healing process. Sorry for the scare, Prompto."

He continued to hold her close, refusing to let her go. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine." She reluctantly pulled away and leaned back against the wall. She looked around the dusty room in confusion. "Where are we?"

"Some abandoned house not far from the tracks," the boy responded.

"Who knows where the train is now. It seems we're gonna have to rendezvous with the others on foot." She glanced outside the window to her left. "But for now, you should get some rest. It's best if we wait 'til dawn to begin our trek."

Prompto glanced towards the window and saw the sun disappearing beyond the horizon. He agreed with her, fearing the daemons' numbers would be overwhelming for the two of them even with her powerful magic. "Yeah. Guess we better call it a night."

"You better call it a night. I'll keep watch. We wouldn't want any surprise visitors." (Y/n) stood up and walked past the blonde.

Prompto already knew she didn't need to sleep nor eat like him. She had the strength to protect him and herself. He also trusted her with his life. The blonde thanked Famine before trying to use whatever he could that the house provided as a means to get comfortable for the night. He decided to use the thick jacket he scavenged as a pillow since the house was practically void of any and all furniture. He placed the article of clothing under his head as he laid down on the floor in the corner of the barren room. He whispered a barely audible "good night" before his eyes drooped shut.

*****
Gradually, Prompto opened his eyes and didn't recognize his surroundings. Instead of being in the abandoned house, he was in a well and expensively furnished bedroom. Standing up, he searched the room and discovered a picture frame on the nightstand.

When he went to pick it up, his hand fazed through the object. Gasping in shock and fear, he backed away and stumbled over his own feet. "Where am I?" Crawling back over to the picture frame, he analyzed who was in the picture held within the glass of the plain frame. "(Y/n)?" He gaped in bewilderment.

Examining the room one last time, Prompto recognizes it was the room from his nightmare-(Y/n)'s bedroom. All he felt was real and not a crazed dream. He felt as if he were truly in her bedroom and not inside his head. Remembering how the nightmare plays out, the sharpshooter knew the girl would walk in any second.

Prompto stood by the bed when he heard the abusive and horrible language (Y/n)'s parents used as they insulted her. He wanted to plug his ears from hearing such disgusting behavior, especially coming from the two people who were supposed to love and support their daughter. But the argument ceased and he heard someone stomping up the stairs.

The door flung open before being quickly slammed shut and locked. Prompto watched with an achy heart as (Y/n) presses her forehead against the wood and sunk to her knees. Her body shook as she tried to hold back her sniffles, but he could hear them clearly.

His fists clenched and unclenched, desperately wanting to hold and comfort her. Morosely, he wouldn't be able to touch nor talk to her.

Slowly, (Y/n) pushed herself to her feet, her (h/c) locks falling over her shoulders. With her head down, she meandered unsteadily to the bathroom. Prompto followed her when he spotted the numerous of cuts and bruises scattered across her pale skin. She examined the injuries in the mirror before trying to tend to them. She wetted a washcloth and gently dabbed it against the cuts strewn about on her legs, arms, and face.

As (Y/n) continued to clean the wounds, Prompto could tell how dull her (e/c) eyes were becoming. She tossed the washcloth aside and gripped the edge of the counter tightly, her knuckles straining under her grip. Her shoulders shook not with sorrow but with rage.

Prompto recognizes the scene and shook his head. "No, no, no, no!" He tried to reach out and grab her, but his limbs only passed through her body. Her entire body passed through his as she stalked towards the door. The boy ran after her, shouting and begging her to stop as she walked out of the bedroom and down to the kitchen.

Desperate cries fell on deaf ears as Prompto continued to try to touch and grab (Y/n). He watched in horror as she grabbed the sharpest knife from the knife block by the stove. Silently, she stalked into the living room where her father was currently reading in the recliner. "Father?" She called out weakly, hiding the knife behind her back.

In response, her horrid father rolled his eyes with a sigh before tossing the book on the round table beside the recliner and stood up with a fierce glare. "What could you possibly want, you useless brat?"

Suddenly, an unknown force pushed against Prompto and caused him to lose his balance. When he thought he was going to pass through her body as he fell, he was flabbergasted when his body clashed against hers. It caused her to drop the knife and the weapon clanked against the hardwood floor below.

Prompto managed to steady himself and (Y/n) before they both fell. Her father spotted the knife and immediately snatched it up. His eyes widened before narrowing dangerously. "You little bitch! What were planning to do with this?!" (F/n) saw Prompto and gripped the blade tightly. "And you invited a stranger into our house?!"

The blonde saw the rage boiling inside the man and promptly grabbed (Y/n)'s hand, who didn't try to break free from his hold, and pushed her behind him. He tried to summon his pistol, but nothing appeared in his hand.

"(M/n), get the gun!" The girl's father yells before swinging the knife at the two. Prompto dodged the swing, taking (Y/n) with him. He gripped her hand tighter and tugged her along as they ran through the grand house. He tried to reach the front door, but (M/n) appeared and blocked it. She aimed the gun at them and pulled the trigger. Before the bullet pierced his abdomen, (Y/n) tugged him to the side and back to the stairs. They ran up the stairwell and back into her room. She locked the door before eyeing Prompto. "Who are you and why are you helping me?"

Another gunshot rang through the house as they heard (M/n) and (F/n) making their way up the stairs. Prompto was about to answer when they heard banging on the door. "I'll tell you when we get outta here!"

"The window!" (Y/n) shouted. "Even though this is the second level, there's a canal below. We can jump into the water."

Prompto nodded and rushed to the window. He pushed it open and turned to face her, offering her a hand. "Let's go, (Y/n)."

Without hesitation, she took his hand and allowed him to help her on to the windowsill. They stared at the calm water below, but their eyes darted back to the door when they heard another gunshot. (M/n) had shot the lock off the door.

Prompto didn't hesitate when the door flung open. He jumped out the window, tugging (Y/n) along. Their bodies were soon submerged in the chilly water and they swam away from the house in a desperate attempt to escape (Y/n)'s maniacal parents.

They swam for nearly ten minutes before climbing out of the frigid water and hiding in the shadows of an alleyway. (Y/n) wrung the water out of her clothes and hair before staring contently at Prompto. Once he was done wringing out his own clothes of excess water, she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "I don't know who you are or how you managed to get into the house, but I'm so glad you did. If you weren't there, I-I would've... Gods only know what they would've done to me."

Prompto wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, pressing his cheek against the side of her head. The smell of her shampoo-a mix between strawberry and mint-greeted his nostrils as he nuzzled his nose into her (h/c) locks. "It's finally over," he sighed in relief.

"All thanks to you," (Y/n) added. She pulled away and stared into his crystalline eyes.

Even though he knew this wasn't the real (Y/n), Prompto couldn't hold himself back any longer. He moved his hands from her waist to her cheeks, gingerly cupping them before pressing his lips against hers in a sweet, intoxicating kiss.

Before he could deepen it, he felt a tug on his body and then everything was consumed in darkness.
*****

Prompto cracked his eyes open, feeling the familiar warm rays of the sun casting through the window. Regardless of the nightmare, he felt refreshed and rejuvenated. Unlike previous nights, this was the first time he was able to control where and how it ended. In the end, he was able to save (Y/n) and even did the one thing he's been wanting to do since he realized his true feelings for her.

The marksman pushed his body off the floor and searched the house for Famine. When he couldn't find her inside, he checked the exterior.

"Oh, Prom," (Y/n) called out when she heard the front door open. She turned around and faced the blonde with a smile. "Good morning. I was just about to-"

Prompto grabbed her face in his hands and pulled her into a passionate kiss without warning. The Horseman's eyes widen at feeling his lips against hers, her mind becoming shambles as he deepened the kiss. Slowly, she reached up and placed her hands over his before her eyes fluttered shut. She kissed back with the same intensity, relishing the blissful and peaceful moment.

When the kiss ended due to the need for air, Prompto leaned his forehead against (Y/n)'s. He stared into her (e/c) eyes, noticing how they were glazed over with endearment and desire. He gulped down the lump in his throat that kept him from speaking. "I-I know this is terrible timing, but... I love you, (Y/n)."

Famine smiled warmly at his declaration. "It's never a terrible time to say "I love you." In the many years I've been alive, human or Horseman, I never thought someone would love me." Her hands moved to wind around his neck, pulling him into a warm embrace. "I've gotta ask: what brought this on-y'know, wanting to kiss me all of a sudden?"

"The nightmare was different-a good different," he replied, wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her body flush against his.

"Really?" Famine sounded baffled. "How was it different?"

He nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck. "I was able to stop you from stabbing your dad, but it got a little messy after that. We jumped out your bedroom window and swam through the canal. Then when we got to safety, I, uh... I..."

"Kissed me?" Famine smirked.

"Y-Yeah..."

(Y/n) pulled away from Prompto with a sad smile. "If I had met you during my time on Eos, maybe I could've escaped the hell I lived." She exhaled a deep sigh and her sorrowful smile morphed into a jubilant one. "But I'm glad to have met you, Prompto. I guess becoming a Horseman hasn't been all that bad."

"I'm really glad we met, too. That day in Altissia-out of all the people you could've chosen, why me?"

"When I first saw you at the fountain, I felt like I could trust you with anything. In the entire time I'd been in Altissia, you're the only person I felt that way around. And now," (Y/n) threw her arms out. "Here we are."

"(Y/n), I..." Tears of joy slipped from his eyes. "I don't know what to say."

She placed a hand on his cheek, wiping away the tears with her thumb. "You don't have to say anything, sweetheart. Although, I do want to give you something." She dropped her hand from his cheek and handed him the summoning orb. "I'd like for you to have this back. Like I said, you're the first person I've trusted in a long time. But if you don't want it back, I won't force you to take it."

Prompto didn't need to think twice. He took the summoning orb from her and held it tightly. "Thank you, (Y/n), for everything."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 860 29
As the youngest member of the Kingsglaive, your job has always been relatively simple, even if your life hasn't been. You are - as the name of the o...
50.3K 1.3K 35
Y/N L/N was of ordinary noble birth, his family serving the Lucian royal family for years. Having grown up with Lucian prince, Noctis, to serve him...
51.4K 1.2K 34
HIGHEST RANK: #4 in Gladiolus, #1 in lucis So I published this out of boredom. It contains randomness though lol everything related to FFXV. Not ever...
8K 286 40
After tragedy strikes her home, Galahdian refugee Aaralyn Kailiani is forced to pick up her life and move it to a city that does not want her. Strugg...