Somebody To Love (Ben Hardy!R...

By Staceeeeers

Rebecca Jackson's life is boring. She goes to work, comes home and that's pretty much it. Until she meets M... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight**
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one**
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy seven.five**
seventy eight
seventy nine**
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety eight.five
ninety nine**
one hundred
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five**
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
PSA
500k celebration
Bonus update

one hundred and one

6.9K 246 152
By Staceeeeers

After a visit back to Katie (who once again happily agreed to be their doctor), it was revealed that she was only five weeks along so for now, with her advice, they kept things hush hush and while the two of them were, of course, ecstatic at the fact that they were adding another member to their family, both Roger and Rebecca had failed to take into account that he would be on tour for most of, if not the whole, pregnancy.

And this one was not as smooth sailing as the previous.

She got morning sickness, truly horrible morning sickness and Roger wasn't quite sure how many times he had been rudely awoken by the feeling of her standing on him as she climbed over him to get to the bathroom.

The band flew out to North America on the 31st of August but Rebecca just didn't feel well enough to go and so she made the decision to stay in the UK but promised Roger that when the morning sickness subsided, she and Ellie would be on the first plane out.

It was horrible, saying goodbye. They'd done it before but it was only once and even then, Rebecca had come out and joined them on tour just a few weeks later.

They'd stood in the terminals of Heathrow airport, Rebecca had cried, probably to the joy of the photographers standing mere feet away.

She hated it, the cameras. She just wanted to say goodbye to her husband in peace. Was that too much to ask for?

"'m gonna miss you," she chokes, face hidden against his jacket.

Roger sighs, softly kissing her forehead as his gaze moves towards Ellie, who's happily being doted on by Freddie and Jim, who was joining them for this part of the tour, "I'll miss you too."

"Is it selfish if I say that I don't want you to go?" she feels his smile against her skin.

"I think they might let it slide this time."

Finally, she looks up at him, eyes brimming with tears and he feels himself frown.

"Be safe," she breathes as he wipes away the tears with his thumb, "And behave."

"I will," he promises, "You too. I'll phone you as often as I can, yeah?"

She nods, "What do I do if Pippi runs away?"

He sighed again; he was starting to think that the dog was more trouble than she was worth. He's lost count of how many times he's had to chase her down the -thankfully- quiet road that's outside their home. She's small enough that she can fit through the gaps in the gate and she got all the way down to their other neighbours garden and you best believe that he covered said gaps in the gate with chicken wire that same day.

"She shouldn't be able to. That gate is puppy proof."

She nods, giggling again when he nuzzles her nose with his.

"If things get too much," he begins, "Hannah's just a phone call away. And if Ellie is too much and you're tired, ring my mum. You know she's always eager to get down here and help."

She silently nods again.

"And if you need me to come home at any moment, tell me, yeah? I'll be on that first plane back."

"I will," she says but it won't come to that. She'd never let it.

A tannoy crackles above them, announcing that their flight is starting to board and unable to help herself, Rebecca feels herself welling up again.

God damn hormones.

Roger pulls her into his arms again, swaying them gently before he leans down to kiss her.

"I love you," he whispers, thumb rubbing her cheek lightly.

"Love you too," she murmurs, wiping her tears once he's let go of her and he wordlessly moves to take Ellie off of Mary so he can say one last goodbye.

"Listen here, missy," he begins, holding her above his head, "Are you going to be a good girl for mummy, hm? Are you gonna look after her for me till I get back? I think you are, aren't you? Gonna take care of her?"

Rebecca has to look away, throwing her arms around Freddie to stop herself from crying again.

She makes the rounds, Hannah is just as glum as she is as she watches John say goodbye to Charlotte and Harry while Brian and Alice watch on.

At least she got to go with them.

"If something happens," Roger says as he hands his little girl over to her, "Ring Miami, yeah? You're more likely to get hold of me through him."

"I will," she nods, "Have fun and remember to label your cases when you're coming back!"

"I'll try and that was one time."

She rolls her eyes, knowing full well that he won't have to try very hard but she eagerly accepts the final kiss he leans down to give her, "Go be a rockstar, Rog."

||-||

The first few nights, Rebecca will admit, they were strange. They always are. The first night sleeping alone -and knowing that Roger wouldn't be returning home at any moment, she didn't like it.

Their king size bed just felt too big for just her and she didn't sleep until at least three in the morning, only to be woken up half an hour later by her morning sickness. Right on time.

The next couple of nights, she brought Pippi into the bed with her, which she quickly regretted when she woke up the next morning covered in feathers from Roger's pillow.

Then as one week turned into two, it got easier and then Rebecca found that she quite liked being able to starfish out in the middle of the large mattress but of course, some nights, she did bring Ellie into the bed, setting up pillows on her other side so she didn't fall and honestly, waking up to her little hand or foot smacking her face was one of the best feelings ever.

As promised, Roger rang every night. Well, every night there wasn't a show but due to time differences, it was always when she was about to go to bed.

He told her about America and how the crowds seemed to be getting bigger and louder every single night. He told her how they'd gone to some upscale restaurant in Hartford and John ended up with food poisoning and he told her how much he missed having her here experiencing this with him.

"You'll be home soon, Roger," she tells him.

"For ten days, I know," he sighs, "How's my little Ellie?"

"She's good," Rebecca nods, looking down at sleeping baby who's laying beside her on the mattress, "I think she's going to start crawling soon. I've got your stupid video camera ready to go."

"Good," he murmurs, "And how's baby number two? Morning sickness settled any?"

"A little," she nods, "Can still knock me for six some days though. Could barely get out of bed on Monday. Hannah had to come take Ellie for me."

"Love, I'm sorry," Roger sighs and she can picture him rubbing his forehead, "I should be there with you."

"Rog, don't so that," she says down the phone, "This, it couldn't be helped. What were you going to do? You couldn't exactly say you weren't going."

"I would have," he says softly, "If you'd asked me, I would have stayed with you."

"Roger," she whispers, feeling herself welling up. God, everything is making her fucking cry.

"You know that, right? If you'd asked, I'd have stayed in a heartbeat."

"I do," she nods, "But I couldn't ask you to do that."

"What time is it there?" he asks, changing the subject since he knows that if he keeps talking about it, she's just going to get more upset.

She glances at her bedside table, "Just gone one."

"Shit, love. You should get some sleep."

She shakes her head, even though he can't see her, "No, wanna keep talking to you."

"Becca."

"Fine," she pouts, "Will you stay on the phone until I fall asleep?"

"Of course," he whispers and she hears rustling on the other end of the line, he's probably getting comfortable.

"Will you just talk?" Rebecca asks, "Your voice, it's comforting."

"Weirdo," Roger chuckles but does as she asks and not fifteen minutes later, he hears her small snores, telling him that she's asleep and he smiles to himself.

"Goodnight, love."

||-||

i don't think i can express just how excited I am to write this Deaky story. i already have a couple of chapters written down. i. am. buzzed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 82 33
Y/n And Roger ~ 1973 - 1975 October 2021 A Crazy Hetic Life Of Queen And Other Events
84.8K 1.7K 40
Getting a job managing with John Reid is a dream come true for Elizabeth. When she's assigned a new group, an up-and-coming band Queen, she thinks it...
132K 2.4K 48
Ellie Rose Richards is a simple girl with a simple life. That is until her best friend Mary Austin introduces her into a little band called Queen. T...
90.5K 2.3K 40
𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘒𝘢𝘡𝘺 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘣𝘢𝘡 𝘒 𝘣𝘦𝘒𝘴𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘒𝘳𝘡.. in which fate brings together a woman who insists she doesn'...