Royals | pjm

By jinandhobi

- a Park Jimin fanfiction - in which a girl gets married to a prince because of a marriage contract from thei... More

SNEAK PEAK!
Prologue
One - Monday
Two - Cocktails and Girlfriends
Three - Lay Down Next To Me
Four - The Art of Slicing Radishes
Five - An Angel and A Snail
Six - Out of Love
Seven - First Love
Eight - Garden in His Heart
Nine - Okay
Ten - Over
Eleven - Come Back To Me
Twelve - Cry Baby
Thirteen - Little Mochi
Fourteen - Baby Steps
Fifteen - Oops
Sixteen - Ugly
Epilogue

Bonus Chapter

8.7K 367 175
By jinandhobi

As promised that upon reaching 50K reads, I'll be publishing a Bonus Chapter.

So enjoy!!

-

Park Hyun's POV

My eyes lingered on the girl with long and wavy hair in the middle of the ballroom, unable to tear my gaze away from her. She was my muse, and I was an idiot for realizing it this late.

We practically grew up together, and it was safe to say that we were like two peas in a pod as we were really close to each other. Our parents were close friends, hence why we were brought together for play dates when the adults did their things.

Kim Ella.

The daughter of my parent's best friends - uncle Taehyung and aunty Jisoo. They had given her an English name instead of a typical Korean name since she resembled a doll so much when she was born three years after I was born.

As unique as her name was, Ella was someone who was really quirky in her own way. She was like a wild card since you would never be able to predict what she would be doing the next second.

Biting my bottom lip, I released a sigh while closing my eyes, feeling pained at the sight of her in another guy's embrace. I turned around, wanting to leave this goddamn ball, but of course the heavens weren't in my favour.

"Ouch!" I groaned when my sisters shrieked in unison when I bumped onto them a little too hard.

"Watch where you're going oppa!" Doyeon scowled, making me roll my eyes before replying her.

"I'm not in the mood for another bickering with you two." I simply stated, my legs taking huge strides to leave the twins.

"Wait, oppa. Something's not right." Doyoung spoke as she grabbed my wrist and pulled me back harshly.

"Is Ella, isn't it?" Doyeon smirked when I shot her a glare.

"Ooh, it is about her!" Doyoung chirped, and gave her twin a highfive.

"Excuse me, I'm still here you know?" I deadpanned at the nosy sixteen years olds.

"We told you to confess to her! But you were just so stubborn and kept denying about your feelings for her and now that she's dating someone you feel as if you wanna die and no offense, oppa, your grumpy face is probably darker than the black hole would ever be." Doyeon blurted, and patted my arm with a pitiful look.

"It's alright, just find someone else oppa." Doyoung patted my other arm, and I wasn't sure whether these two were trying to comfort or mock me at the moment.

Just then, the microphone made a high pitched shrieking sound, causing the three of us to hiss while clamping our ears shut with our hands. My eyes darted towards the stage, and nodded briefly at my father's stern gaze telling us to get our asses down to the stage from the balcony we were at this instant.

"Let's go, we need to be on the stage." I held both of my sisters' hands, and led them towards the stage where my parents were waiting for us while already seated on their respective seats.

The host was already blabbering about tonight's event which I didn't really bother to acknowledge when we reached our parents.

"About time, Hyun." My father whispered to me when I sat next to him on the stage, and mustered a smile when my mother whacked his arm gently with a glare, making him yelp. "Why did you hit me?!"

All it took was for my mother to narrow her eyes at him to instantly shut him up from scolding me any further. My sisters giggled at their interaction as I shook my head at their silliness.

Despite being together for so many years, they were still the same. I could tell how in love they were with each other, especially my father.

The way he looked at my mother was exactly how... I looked at her.

Speaking of which, my eyes involuntarily travelled towards the said girl, and I felt my heartbeat increase frantically at an abnormal pace when she waved her arms at us with a goofy grin. My sisters returned her small waves as I continued to stare at her form before looking away.

Why was I such a coward?

The night went on, and the stupid ball was finally ending. I was sipping a glass of champagne on a balcony facing the garden my mother loved when a familiar warmth invaded my space, his cologne unmistakably belonged to none other than my father.

"What's up?" He asked without directly glancing at me, his eyes scanning the guests while taking a sip of his own wine.

I raised my eyebrows at him before replying him. "Nothing's wrong."

My father's gaze then fell onto me, and I noticed the slight wrinkles on his forehead becoming more prominent as he lifted his eyebrows at me questioningly. He then pinched the space between his eyebrows before speaking.

"Now I understand why your mother insisted me to talk to you. My poor boy is in distress." He paused, a smirk forming on his face. "It's about a girl, right?"

I grumbled while raking my hair with my fingers. "What did the twins even tell you?"

My father pretended to think while tapping his chin. "Hmm... that the girl is my best friend's daughter?"

I stared at him in silence before nodding in submission. "So what? I'm giving up."

"So quickly?!" His abrupt reply made me flinch. "You haven't even tried yet, Hyun."

"It's my own fault for not realizing that she's precious to me, appa. And when I finally did, it's already too late." I tilted my head down, my voice becoming softer as I felt myself unable to speak properly.

I jerked when my father heaved a sigh as he placed his hand on my shoulder. Looking up at him, I frowned seeing him giving me a look I had never seen on him before.

His eyes held a sad story as he looked at me, since they were swimming with emotions that I never knew my father had. The King I knew was always strong, and playful at times, but I had never seen him this... sad?

"You know, I'm not sure whether you remember, but your mother and I didn't exactly have a smooth journey before being together." He started, and seeing me unresponsive towards his words, he continued. "Do you remember what your uncles told you when you were much younger?"

I nodded slowly. "They told me what you have just said. But I've never heard the whole story."

At this, my father chuckled, as if he was reminiscing the past. I remained silent, wanting him to continue his story.

"Your mother and I were married not for once, but twice." He revealed with a small smile.

My eyes widened at the unexpected back story. "What?"

"Well, I should have told you and your sisters about our story long ago, but we didn't have the chance to do so. However, I feel that now is the perfect moment to tell you how your mother and I have met." He grinned. "Ready to hear everything?"

"Of course." I nodded, and listened to my parent's love story narrated by my father himself.

I was in shock at the amount of events my father had revealed in his story, and was even more surprised by how I had played the key in bringing them back together again. Normally, I would have cringed from how cliché the story was, but now, I understood why my father had chosen to tell me everything about my mother and himself.

And his words concluded my thoughts.

"What I'm trying to say is, don't give up Hyun. Nothing comes easy, but only if you are willing to try, you'll find that the obstacles you go through are just the puzzle pieces to form a bigger picture."

I felt comforted by his words. The moonlight was shining onto us; onto the garden below, and I found myself gulping at the sight of Ella strolling next to the row of flowers my mother had planted, her hair glimmering beautifully under the luminous light shone by the fullmoon.

"Go talk to her. You can do this." My father patted my back before pushing me away, and before I could even comprehend what was going on, my feet had automatically brought me to where she was.

As if noticing that she was not alone anymore, Ella lifted her head up, and a mischievous scowl formed on her face. Crossing her arms, she gestured my to go towards her, and me being an idiot, of course had obliged her without hesitation.

"Why on earth did you ignore me back there?" Ella complained, an angry pout forming as she spoke. "I was expecting you to wave back like what the twins did, but NO, the Crown Prince just had to ignore me and pretended I didn't exist."

Unable to hold back my chuckles at her dramatic personality, I shook my head with a smile while taking a step towards her. I pulled her into a hug, and rested my chin on the crown of her head.

"I'm sorry. My head was occupied with something just now." I apologized as I broke the embrace. "What are you doing here? Are you and your parents staying over?"

Ella glanced at the moon above us before speaking. "We are. And I'm here to clear my thoughts."

"What's troubling you?" I asked, genuinely concerned. "You can always tell me, you know how good I am at keeping secrets, especially my best friend's."

Hearing my words, she turned to look at me before smiling softly. "I know, that's why you're too precious to me. I can't imagine you not being by my side anymore."

"You know I will never leave you. That's a silly thought. You're just as precious to me." I laughed awkwardly, trying to hide the blush forming on my cheeks.

Ella bit her bottom lip before shedding a tear from her eyes. Instinctively, I instantly pulled her into a comforting embrace, feeling my heart twist in a weird way that it was hurting so badly to see her in pain.

"I broke up with him. And I'm the one at fault." She sobbed, and leaned away from my hug. "You wanna know why?"

"Why?" I questioned softly, not really wanting to hear her answer.

Albeit crying, Ella still looked amazingly mesmerizing as she smiled weakly. Why was she just so beautiful?

"You know why. I was a fool trying to escape from my own true feelings." Ella sighed.

My heart started to beat in a faster manner when the thought of the probability of her liking me back flashed across my mind. I should just be brave this once.

"Look, Ella. I-"

"I'm in love with Park Chanyeol!"

"W-what?" I asked out of disbelief, in shock at what Ella had just said.

Did she just-

"Hyunnie, why is he just so hot despite being in his forties? Damn, he's so drool-worthy."

"What the hell Ella?!" I exclaimed incredulously, still unable to get over that she had broken up with her boyfriend just because of her long time celebrity crush.

"What?" Ella shrugged, and then to my utmost surprise, she started laughing uncontrollably.

"Oh my God. You need a doctor this instant, Kim Ella. You're weird as hell." I exasperated while taking a step towards her, not realizing that my height was towering over hers. "Did you seriously break up with your boyfriend because of Park Chanyeol?"

"Yeah. His surname is a Park too. You know how I have a thing towards Parks because of your father's reputation." She winked, making me flustered.

"But I'm a Park too? What's so special about him? I can be your boyfriend too." I crossed my arms at her, feeling somewhat annoyed that I didn't even realize my own slip up.

And when it finally hit me, my eyes widened as they landed on the girl in front of me who was giggling like a Mad Hatter. Oh God, I was done for.

"Thought you wouldn't say it out loud. I was waiting for you to say it cause I don't wanna be the one who does everything first." Ella grinned, and noticing my frozen yet confused state, she did something that made me freeze even more.

She had pecked my cheek.

Briefly, but she did peck my cheek.

"I like you, Park Hyun. And I don't want to run away anymore. I dated him cause I was scared of ruining what we both share, but I'm tired of being untrue to my own feelings." Ella confessed, a shy smile plastered on her face. "Please tell me that you like me too, I would rather die of embarrassment than you rejecting me."

Breaking a smile, I started laughing before cupping her cheeks and pecked her forehead. "Gosh, you're really the death of me, Kim Ella."

"Why am I always the one who initiate things when it comes to us?" She glared at me.

"Excuse me, in my defense, I was about to confess but you just had to cut me off by confessing your love for Park Chanyeol instead." I retorted.

As she shot me back a savage reply, my eyes travelled to the balcony I was at with my father. I found myself smiling uncontrollably at my family giving me thumbs up with silly grins on their faces.

-

And that's it haha. How was this? This bonus chapter was hella long yikes.

I'm currently having a writer block for my other book 'Dads', but I promise to update as soon as I finish a chapter.

I'm also writing a story for Taehyung, and for the ones who came from 'Alpha', you'll know what the story is about if you read the brief summary of the story in 'opinionsss' lollol. I changed the plot a little, but the concept is still there :)

I'll stop here, and once again, thank you for your supports! I love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

949 101 56
Prophesied love is complicated. Even more so for two stubborn souls with the most unpredictable powers known to their world. It's fate though, so the...
886K 24K 60
| 𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝟷 𝚂𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 | Kim Ji Sae, got forced to marry to someone she doesn't know. ⚠️ vulgarities, smut and actions Highest Ranking: #398...
1.4K 144 13
✔️ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴊᴇᴏɴ ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ, ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴜᴄᴄᴇꜱꜱꜰᴜʟ ʙᴜꜱɪɴᴇꜱꜱᴍᴀɴ ʙᴇɢɪɴꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴀʙꜱᴏʟᴜᴛᴇ ᴅᴇꜱᴘᴀɪʀ ɪɴ ʜɪꜱ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴀɢᴇ, ɪᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜɪꜱ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪꜱ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴀᴘ...
275 24 16
A short namjin story It's the poignant story of Namjoon and Jin, two lovers whose relationship fractures due to misunderstandings, leaving them hear...