The Billionaire's Assistant t...

By ShafiraSardar

He would have never hired her. One glance at that woman and you could just tell she was trouble. Scarlett Arc... More

Temptress
Miss Scarlett Archer
His Ego
Goddess of Teasing
A Friendly Kiss
A Quiet Night In
Coffee Made With Love
Lovely Dinner
The Argument
Hot Chocolate
Scarlett's Needs
Michael's Skills
Plans for Christmas
The Ex-Boyfriend
Christmas Party
Christmas Dinner
Cuddles and Pancakes
Noah The Hero
Scarlett's Confession
Drinks with Michael
Tiny Human
Snarky Scarlett
Proper Adults
Noah's Demands
Emma's Breakdown
Shady Restaurants and Proposals
Two Peas in a Pod
Turning the Tables
Sweet and Gentle
Connecting
Difficult Conversations
The Wedding
Noah's Footsteps
Distracting Scarlett
A Big Family
Company Plans
Scarlett's Thoughts
Epilogue

Violet Starr

8K 413 8
By ShafiraSardar

Scarlett was seated across his desk, comfortable in the one seat as she told him about his schedule for the week. She was focused, her eyes narrowed on her tablet as she informed him. She was straight to the point and not leaving him room to protest.

They were both so focused on his schedule for the week that his phone ringing made them jump.

Scarlett glared at the device, he held up his hand in an attempt to calm her and reached for his phone. It amused him to see how serious she took her job. It was sometimes forgotten due to their relationship. When he did tend to forget how amazing Scarlett was at her job she pulled him back in, showing off her skills.

He was so lost in Scarlett's professionalism that it hit him harder when he focused on Dawn's name flashing across the screen of his phone causing his heart to sink, he immediately answered, noticing how Scarlett rose to her feet and looked at him with worry in her eyes.

The person on the end of the line wasn't Dawn. The woman spoke clearly, making sure to inform him without trying to worry him. He thanked her for her call and lowered his phone, meeting Scarlett's curious eyes.

"Dawn's in labor."

She stared at him, letting the words sink in, "What?"

The words didn't sink in at all, that was okay because he wasn't processing it either.

"Lucy?" Scarlett called, bringing him back to earth.

"Dawn is in labor." He repeated word for word, hoping it would finally hit him and make him do something other than staring into space.

He was always a man of action yet he couldn't make his body do anything. He had no control whatsoever at this moment, too many emotions were going through him, overwhelming him. Scarlett walked around the desk and grabbed his hand, giving it a supportive squeeze. He flickered his eyes to her, smiling at her knowing he wasn't alone in this.

"Thank you for notifying me." He ended the call and pocketed his phone.

He was on the move, hearing Scarlett making calls behind him as she followed after him. She called a car, let Noah know they were leaving the office due to Dawn being in labor. Without her, he would have drowned in the panic which started to raise.

He was going to become a dad and right now he felt like he wasn't truly prepared. So many concerns floated inside his mind. Scarlett noticed and she didn't let him get consumed by it. She sat beside him in the car, holding tightly onto his hand.

"It's going to be okay, right now you need to be strong and be there for Dawn."

He glanced at their linked hands, grateful he found someone so perfect. She knew exactly what he needed and when he needed it. He leaned in and kissed her. The kiss so sudden it completely caught Scarlett off guard.

"Thank you." He whispered to her.

She looked flustered as he pulled away, "O-Of course. I'm always here for you."

He knew that she was genuine about that. Grabbing her hand he raised it and kissed her pulse, "I'm always here for you too." He lowered their hands, flashing her a radiant smile, "Spending the rest of my life with you is a blessing."

She looked completely beyond herself, she didn't know where to look or what to say. Catching Scarlett this off guard was very rare.

He treasured them knowing he was one of the few people who could manage to get her into this state.

"S-Stop." She warned him, "No trying to charm my panties off right now. We have more pressing matters at hand."

He chuckled, "I'm not trying to. I'm merely speaking from the heart."

She couldn't take it. She tore her gaze away from him, her cheeks red as she glanced out the window. She didn't let go of his hand though. She tightened her grip on his hand, he knew she liked hearing those sweet words.

She just couldn't deal with them like her usual confident self.

***

Arriving at the hospital serious Scarlett made an appearance once again. She took charge, making sure they were guided to Dawn's room. She stayed outside and flashed him an encouraging look.

"You go support her. I'll notify the rest of your family."

He thought it was sweet of her. He did need to support Dawn right now. She didn't have a close circle of friends nor did she have much family left. She was alone in this but he didn't want her to feel alone. He wanted her to know she could count on him and his family.

That baby was one of them and they took care of each other. She was part of their family now as well.

"Thank you." He told Scarlett, giving her a kiss against the cheek, "I'm sure Noah already let everyone know though."

She shrugged, "Still, they need to hear it from one of us. Maybe your parents want to be here as well." She trailed off.

Maybe Scarlett needed his family here, he wouldn't question her. He was about to leave her side to support Dawn. He trusted Scarlett with his life so he left her to it. Entering the room he instantly made his way to Dawn who looked absolutely terrified.

"Lucian." She barely managed to call his name, clutching the sides of her bed as she rode out another wave of torture, "I can't do this." She managed to say between deep, painful breaths.

That was definitely the pain talking, he glanced at the nurse who threw him a knowing smile. He brushed his hand through her hair, brushing it back. She looked so grateful for him being there like she doubted he'd be there.

Scarlett made sure he didn't hesitate. The rock in his life who was now calling his family to inform them and possibly invite them over to camp out in the waiting room.

He smiled at Dawn, "I'm here, so is Scarlett and I'm sure my family will be here too." He reassured her, "You're not alone. We're here for you."

Dawn wasn't close to pushing, they needed to wait yet the entire time she was in so much pain. He wanted to help her, take the pain away but he couldn't. All he could do was stay beside her.

"I wish I could help." He whispered to her.

She flashed him a small smile, "Being here is fine." She breathed. She leaned back in her pillow and stared up at him, "Tell me about the wedding. How is that coming along?"

The nurse offered him a chair a while ago and now was the time to get comfortable. Dawn probably needed the distraction.

"I told my mother to leave the wedding planning to us and she agreed. It's now completely in our hands. Things are finalized but we waited with sending out the invitations. I didn't want to get the news of you going into labor when I was marrying Scarlett. I want to be here and welcome our baby to this world together."

He panicked seeing tears in her eyes. Seeing her in this much pain really sucked. He couldn't do anything about it.

"You should have taken that shot." He warned her.

She wanted it to be a natural birth but it was just too painful to watch.

"I hate you." She told him.

He didn't know what to do with that. He stared at her wide-eyed, completely taken back by her confession. That must have been the pain talking, Dawn never looked uncomfortable in his presence before. Sure, she needed to get used to Scarlett. But their situation was kind of messed up. It took everyone a while to get used to this.

"If you were an asshole who doesn't give a damn about others this would have been so much easier for everyone."

There were no romantic feelings between them. He didn't feel anything for Dawn other than compassion. She was a nice person and he wanted to support her because she deserved it. She deserved someone in her life who she could count on.

He just wasn't into her like that. He was completely taken by Scarlett.

"I'm sorry."

That was all he could say and he was sorry. He didn't hate becoming a father, his child would never feel like they were unwanted but if he had more control over this situation he wouldn't have had his first child like this.

Scarlett would have been the mother and they would have been married for a couple of years. Seen the world together and live happily ever after in a cute little home together.

Dawn clenched her jaw, "Still so freaking nice." She let out a little laugh, "I do hate you."

It didn't look like that when he noticed her smiling at him. He smiled back at her, knowing that she didn't mean it in a mean way. If he never met Scarlett things would probably have been very different right now.

But he did meet her and he honestly couldn't wait to marry her soon. They could send out the invitations and his baby could be there. That thought alone made him beam with pride.

***

Dawn was asleep after her eight hours of labor, completely tuckered out. He let her sleep while he and Scarlett spend time with his baby. Scarlett was cradling the little precious human and whispering sweet things to her.

"You're the cutest baby I have ever met."

He smiled, "That's a lie." He pointed out, "You said the same thing to Rose."

"Rose is not a baby for long. She'll be the cutest little toddler I've ever seen."

He threw his head back and laughed.

Scarlett grinned at him, "On a more serious note. I think you and your brother can only produce girls. Because once again a cute little girl has joined our family."

He glanced at the girl sleeping peacefully in Scarlett's arms. They needed to put her in her little crib soon. Dawn probably wanted to see her once she woke up. He didn't want her to worry after her much needed rest.

"I do like that Dawn went along with the flower theme your brother started."

He was happy about that too. Dawn went along with it without hesitation. They both came up with names for their little girl. Dawn liked the names, Hope and Ella. He liked them too but when he suggested the names Iris and Violet she didn't even try and change his mind. She chose the name Violet for their little girl.

Violet Starr.

Scarlett got to her feet and handed Violet to him. He carefully took his little girl in his arms and entered Dawn's room again. He placed her in her crib beside Dawn's bed. The private room they arranged for her would do miracles to her mood. Kim pressed that she needed to be as comfortable as possible right now since she didn't have her family.

They could offer her support but it wasn't quite the same.

He made sure the nurse would give him a call if Dawn needed help. He also left Dawn a note saying he would come to visit her first thing in the morning. Right now he needed to go home, shower and get some rest too.

Scarlett was by his side as they made their way to their awaiting car. Settled in the backseat of the car Scarlett placed her hand on his thigh and kept it resting there.

"I love you."

She smiled, "Are you trying to charm me again?" She joked.

He knew she was trying to keep the mood light between them. He was emotional and despite him meaning it, they didn't need things to become so serious right now. Violet was healthy and Dawn was doing good. They were supposed to celebrate, not getting overwhelmed by all the fucking emotions.

"Even though I love, you know-"

"Being intimate with me?" She asked.

He chuckled, "Well, yes. I am tired and probably crash so hard once my head hits my pillow."

She nodded, "Okay, then I'll just let you know that I love you too."

The one trying to charm him right now was definitely Scarlett the Goddess of teasing. He settled back in his seat reminding himself just how tired he was. Giving into temptation was something they'd both regret in the morning when they needed to spend time with Violet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.4K 31
{Winner of 'Best Brase Fanfic' in the 2014 Lab Rats Awards Show} "Look, Bree. If you're going to be my assistant, I might as well know you, and you k...
149K 6.4K 25
Parker Haynes life was planned perfectly. Well mostly. He had his business, he invested his money wisely, he was punctual, calm, cool and collected...
360K 3.6K 31
***Scarlett's life has never been perfect, in fact from good its gone to bad , the person she has ever loved no longer exists , and her family doubt...
223 35 26
When Amaya Maxwell is left with no choice than to marry the Billionaire Liam Black who is infamous for his scandals, to avoid her family from being i...