ACCIDENTALLY MET AN ARAB PRIN...

By M_Tari

Iman wasn't your typical girl who wore a hijab. She was a strong businesswoman who sacrificed a lot to get to... More

Chapter 1 | Coincidence?
Chapter 2 | Grandchild
Chapter 3 | Fitting
Chapter 4 | His Office
Chapter 5 | Le Monde
Chapter 6 | Flight
Chapter 7 | Royalty
Chapter 8 | Trust
Chapter 9 | Clumsiness
Chapter 11 | Unknown
Chapter 12 | Formal
Chapter 13 | The Ring
Chapter 14 | Reconciliation
Chapter 15 | Confession
Chapter 16 | Speechless
Chapter 17 | Goodbyes
Chapter 18 | Last Time
Chapter 19 | With You
Chapter 20 | A Couple Hours
Chapter 21 | Vows
Chapter 22 | Fear
Chapter 23 | News
Chapter 24 | Visitors
Chapter 25 | Time
Chapter 26 | Compliments
Chapter 27 | Helplessness
Chapter 28 | Originality
Chapter 29 | Series of Events
Chapter 30 | 11 Months

Chapter 10 | Hearts & Bones

16.8K 1K 176
By M_Tari

Iman's POV

He stopped the car with a sound of a screech that followed, coming from the tires and got out of his seat, rushing to get to my side. I don't get why he did this whenever his bipolarity started but it's even more weird that I feel like I'm used to it.

After opening my door, he carried me up and immediately, I wrapped my arms around his neck, afraid to fall. And if you were wondering why I wasn't kicking or screaming at the fact he was literally carrying me, bridal style, I really don't know. I just felt comfortable being around him compared to the other people in his house.

I can't even begin to imagine what would've happened if Hamdan was the one at the stairs instead of Zane....

"I need to see Doctor Amira"

"I'm sorry sir, you have to book appointments with her -"

"Follow me." 

We both look to the right to see a woman who seemed to be in her late forties, standing there and she turned for us to follow her. I made sure to look at the desk attendant before leaving and she looked very confused. 

I looked up to see the ceilings of the hospital and gasped from amazement. You could only afford this type of hospital if you were considered the top 10% of rich people in France. I wonder how this place is bustling with people. Then again, we're in Dubai. Everyone's considered wealthy here.

Soon, we walked through a door to enter a room with light brown accents that matched the gold decor on the wall and Zane gently placed me on the bed, helping me sit.

"Alright, who do we have here, Zane?"

"She's my fiance."

Her face lit up once he replied and looked at me. Then she looked back at Zane and asked, 

"What's wrong with her today."

"She couldn't move her leg and felt pain on it."

I'm assuming by how calm he is, this doctor had to be the Amira he was talking about. She looked back at me and asked me, 

"Which leg?"

"It's actually my foot." I tried moving my right foot but she got the hint and helped me place it up on the bed as it was hanging as I sat. She pulled up my dress a little, revealing my calf and I couldn't look at Zane in that moment.

I felt her massaging the bottom of my foot first but once she got around and got to a certain point, I hissed in pain and held onto the sheets of the bed to relieve it. 

"Hmm, how exactly did this happen?"

She looked up from my foot.

"I got startled and made the wrong move, going backwards on the stairs." I replied. 

Nodding, she attached a wire to my index finger by putting, what looked like a clip on it and on the monitor, I was able to hear my heartbeat. She looked at it before asking me, 

"Is there any chance that you're pregnant?"

I shook my head and looked at Zane to see him looking back at me. But then he walked over to the chair on my left side and ran his hand through his hair. He looked stressed which only made me feel bad for getting hurt. It was really my fault for making him come here in the middle of the night when he even probably slept late.

"Ok, well, we're going to take a quick X-ray of your foot and then I can tell you what went wrong from there, ok?"

"Thank you." I replied.

She smiled and left, making sure to leave the door closed and that's when I turned back to look at Zane to see his head down.

"Zane..." I called him

"Hm." he still kept his head down.

"I'm sorry" This time, I put my head down as I saw his rise.

"For what?" He asked, confused.

"For making you do all of this." I sighed.

There was silence for a few seconds so I looked up to see him making his way over to me. 

"I am the one that chose to do this. You never made me do anything I didn't want to do from the beginning. So, there's really nothing for you to apologize about."

He took a seat on the chair that was now just across from me and took out his phone that was ringing and after looking at the caller ID, he showed it to me and I saw, 'Mother-in-law.'

I held out my hand for him to give it to me and he gladly did. I picked it up and said, 

"Mama?"

"Ya Iman! You have a phone for a reason! Why won't you pick it up! You won't even call me and it's already been three days since you've been there!"

I winced at how loud she was yelling at me and distanced the phone just a little from my ears.

"Mama, I'm sorry. I've really been so busy."

"You've been so busy to forget your mother?" 

I laughed and said, "Of course not. But, I just didn't have the circumstance. How are you? How's Zaynab?"

"She's fine and I'm fine. Did you meet your in-laws? How are they? Do you think we're going to be able to get along?"

She sounded excited but I worried about her reaction if she were to find out that she was going to have the ruler of Dubai as her in-law.

"Yes, they're really welcoming and caring. They've taken good care of me here." I replied.

"Oh dear. I can't wait to meet them." She exclaimed. 

"Yeah..." 

"Well, I'm going to leave you to your business. You better come back safe." She sounded worried which only brought my heart down. 

"Alright, mama. You stay safe too. Let me know when you need anything."

"Hmhmm"

With that, she hung up and I gave the phone back to Zane. Just as I was about to ask him a question, there was a knock on the door and it opened, revealing Dr. Amira. 

"Alright, Zane, I'm gonna ask you to step out of the room. You can just stand by the door while we do her x-ray."

Zane nodded at her instructions and soon, she started to put on a very heavy apron-like thing, only, except, it was made of a different fabric and it was black. She too, put one on herself and pulled out a part of the machine that her assistants brought with her.

"Hold your leg steady." She said. 

It was not like I could feel it...

I heard a snap and soon, they took another one and pulled the part of the machine back. 

"Alright, we're just gonna look at the results now..."

She looked down at the screen of the machine and while she was at it, she told Zane, 

"You can come back if you want. We're done."

He did so, without a word and stood right next to the doctor, looking at the X-ray being presented on the screen. It took a couple seconds as they looked closely and I waited until Dr. Amira looked up and told me, 

"Well, it looks like you fractured your leg and to be exact, it is this specific bone which is sensitive to weight meaning you're going to need lots of rest. The only way you're going to be able to walk is if you have someone to lift you up but other than that, it's going to be difficult for you to walk on your own."

I nodded, fully understanding every word. I kind of even predicted it and told Zane we didn't need to go but he doesn't trust me like that. I understand why though. I wouldn't trust me either.

"How long is it going to take to heal?" Zane asked.

"Judging by the bone that's been effected, I would say it's going to take at least 3 weeks with proper rest. If you want to speed up the healing process, I'd suggest taking in less calcium with your diet and getting more protein and nutrient to let the bone heal." Dr. Amira replied.

Zane and I both nodded and Dr. Amira concluded, 

"You guys are free to leave. I've got your papers prepared and ready."

Zane nodded at her and looked at me as I tried to step off of the bed with one leg. But, he hurried over and place one hand under my legs and the other, around my upper back, just underneath my shoulders to carry me back up and intentionally, my arms made their way around his neck again as I looked up at him. 

He thanked Dr. Amira before leaving and just as I was about to, he had already walked through the door.

"Zane, you don't have to carry me like this. I could've just held your arm for support." I said as an alternative but it seems he didn't want that as he shook his head in response.

I sighed and he placed me back in the car, even buckling my seat belt for me and soon, heading over to his seat to start driving.

The air was filled with silence and regret coming from me. I felt like there wasn't really a need to go to the hospital at this time. Speaking of time....

"Zane, what time is it?"

"It's 3" He simply said, making a turn with the car. 

I nodded slowly. It was very late. I was tired and he, especially was tired and somehow I even felt bad about resting my head on the window in front of him after he took care of me in the middle of the night - morning, now.

"Who came today?" I suddenly asked.

"My uncle and his whole family."

"Will they be staying over?" I looked up at him. 

"Yes, for a week now that we're here. They still haven't met you. I told them you were tired when they asked for you." His tone was very calm and there was no hint of him trying to brag about his actions. It was like everything he said was no big deal.

Then, that's when I remembered the story his father told me.

"What ever happened with that lion from your childhood?" 

"How do you know about that?" He asked, diverting his attention from the road for just a brief moment and then, looking back.

"Your father explained it to me." 

There was silence again for just a few seconds until he let out a low sigh and said, 

"I buried it right next to my twin brother."

My eyes widened from surprise and sudden remorse. 

"You had a twin brother?"

"I did" He nodded.

"How did he die?"

"Why? Would you have gone to him instead?" He scoffed.

"No, it's not like that. I'm just curious." I looked out the window, regretting asking him that question. 

This is the kind of effect he has on me. With just words, he was able to make me feel this way. He didn't even need to do anything.

"They say it was a heart attack" He finally said.

"How come you don't seem to believe that? I mean, how old was he when he died?"

"I don't believe it because he was only 8. They tried to hide the reason from me because it was their doing. But, it's definitely murder."

I gasped and couldn't take it anymore. My bipolarity was hitting me and I don't know why I've become such an emotional person lately. I just don't like the fact that he had to go through all of that in his life, starting from his childhood.

I tried hard not to let a tear slip as I looked away from him but he had parked in the garage and stopped the car so he noticed when he turned to unbuckle his seat belt.

"Iman, what's wrong? Is it your foot?" Somehow, he sounded like he was actually worried when really, he probably didn't care at all.

Instead of answering him, I got out of the car and started walking towards the door but he walked over to stand in front of me like an obstacle and asked, 

"Iman, what happened?"

I wiped away my tears and sniffled before saying, "You happened!"

He was taken back by my answer, "What did I do this time?"

"Your whole presence." I cried. "I can't take it anymore Zane. Everytime I hear something about you, this place" I pointed to my heart, "This place hurts"

***

A/N:

Is this what they call cliffhangers?

Anyways, I'm going to let you guys know that I won't keep you waiting too long. Just don't forget to show love by commenting down below and hitting that star button for a vote.

And.... we've officially began our journey to our #Road to 1k reads.

Thank you all so much! I know we got this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Noor By Larissa

Spiritual

35.2K 2.7K 19
This short story is about the encounters of Adali and her path of travel along a spiritual journey. Adali is a devout Muslim, in which this story is...
101K 7.1K 45
Being a princess was no easy task, especially when your life was always filled with guns and threats being thrown at you since a young start. Anisa H...
109K 4K 65
"Go straight at the end of right side you will see a red and black car, at the back of the car you will find something." It was from that unknown nu...
1.7K 198 44
Maryam: black African and Abdallah: Dubai crowned prince. Maryam was in Dubai for her Masters program and she bumped into Abdallah, a nice boy she n...