Somebody To Love (Ben Hardy!R...

By Staceeeeers

Rebecca Jackson's life is boring. She goes to work, comes home and that's pretty much it. Until she meets M... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
'39
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight**
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one**
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four
seventy five
seventy six
seventy seven
seventy seven.five**
seventy eight
seventy nine**
eighty
eighty one
eighty two
eighty three
eighty four
eighty five
eighty six
eighty seven
eighty eight
eighty nine
ninety
ninety one
ninety two
ninety three
ninety four
ninety five
ninety six
ninety seven
ninety eight
ninety eight.five
ninety nine**
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five**
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
one hundred and ten
PSA
500k celebration
Bonus update

one hundred

8.1K 245 579
By Staceeeeers

HOW ARE WE AT CHAPTER 100?! A MILESTONE.

also, i have made a start on the deaky fic but i am torn between titles. do i go with the cliché You're My Best Friend or do i go for Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy?

and i need a cover so if anyone can help me, pls hit me up 😇😇😇

||-||

On the 26th of July, Roger's birthday, Rebecca woke up bright and early to go downstairs and make him some breakfast - something she's gotten very good at.

With Roger and the band now back in the studio for their new album, she's happy to let him sleep in. Especially today since it's his day of birth.

She peeks into the nursery, relieved to see that Ellie is still sound asleep which means she'll have peace to cook.

She can't believe that her baby is six months old already. Already, Ellie is onto solid foods and the other day, she started crawling and Roger had to spend the entirety of the next one baby proofing the living room.

She's growing too fast.

Turning the radio on as she passes by it, Rebecca then leans up to grab the pots and such that she'll need to make him some eggs and bacon. That is definitely his favourite breakfast.

She hums along to the music that's playing as she cooks, thinking about the things she's got up her sleeve for the day and how Roger could react.

There's two she's certain he's going to love. The other, she's not so sure.

Nah, he'll love it.

For months, months, Roger had been dropping hints about what he'd wanted for his birthday.
And that was a dog.

It all started back in April when they'd been visiting his mum who, without telling him, had gotten a little black Labrador puppy which he immediately fell in love with.

All the way back to London on the train, he'd gone on about it, saying that every home needed a dog and that it would do both her and Ellie some good to have one at home with them while he was away.

"It'll give you some company."

He'd never had a dog of his own growing up, neither did she and so she had caved in and gotten him a puppy; an adorable little female golden retriever who was with Brian. Who, as a lover of all living creatures, happily agreed to keep hold of the pup for a couple of nights.

She just hopes that he will indeed give her back.

She'd also been so wrapped up in their domesticated heaven that she had completely forgotten that after the release of an album, came a tour.

And that tour was a long tour. At least a year so Roger wouldn't be home until August next year. Maybe he wouldn't love the surprise after all.

When the bacon is crispy and the eggs are scrambled, she turns off the hobs and plates up, carefully carrying them upstairs to the bedroom.

Breakfast in bed was well deserved.

Tiptoeing into the room, Rebecca finds him spread out on his stomach in the middle of the bed, soft snores leaving him as he sleeps soundly.

She places the two plates down on his dresser and returns to her side of the bed, where she sits on the edge of the mattress and she leans down to sprinkle kisses along his shoulders.

"Happy birthday," she sings as he starts stirring.

"No," he shakes his head, grabbing one of her pillows to throw over his head, "Can't be."

"Sorry, love but it is."

"'m old," he groans, making her laugh and she takes the pillow and removes it from on top of him.

"You're not old, Roger."

"I am so!" he finally opens an eye to look at her as he turns over, "It's only nine years until I'm forty!"

Rolling her eyes, she gets up from the bed and grabs the plates of food, "I made you some breakfast."

"'m not hungry," he mutters, "Can't possibly eat at a time like this."

"It's your favourite."

"The bacon is extra crispy?"

"Of course."

"Alright, I'll have some."

Rebecca hands him his plate as he sits up but before she can return to her spot beside him, they hear Ellie starting to fuss and so putting the plates down once more, she goes off to take care of her.

Roger happily tucks into the food. She's always, always, managed to get the bacon just the way he liked it.

Rebecca returns with Ellie in her arms, sitting down again, "Someone wanted to say happy birthday."

"Oh, is that right?" Roger asks, moving the plate to one side so he can take the baby into his arms, "You wanting to say happy birthday to daddy?"

"Ga!" Ellie cries, little hand pressing against his face as he stands her up so she's stood on his legs, "Ga!"

"Oh, why thank you," he muses, kissing her chubby cheek, "What'd your mummy get me? Hm?"

All he gets in reply is a laugh and Rebecca holds our her arms to take her so he can eat his breakfast in peace, brushing Ellie's fair hair from her forehead, wincing as her little hand wraps into her own hair, tugging harshly.

"Hey, hey, hey," Roger scolds, reaching over to untangle her hand. "We don't do that, do we?" he asks, tapping her nose gently, "Except to Uncle Brian."

Making use of the fact that they're both distracted with one another, Rebecca reaches back into her bedside table, pulling a neatly wrapped present out of the drawer.

"Here," she hands it over and starts picking at her rapidly cooling breakfast, "Happy birthday, Rog."

"I was joking, love," he tuts, "Didn't have to get me anything."

Shrugging, she takes a bite of bacon, "It's not much."

His eyes light up as he opens it, revealing the luxury watch that she'd managed to find for him, "Aw, thanks love. Needed a new one, didn't I?"

"That's what I thought," she nodded, "Since you smashed the other one."

"Thank you," he repeats, leaning over to give her a kiss, "I love it."

"Ga!"

Roger looks down at Ellie and laughs, "Is that your favourite word, hm? Is that going to be all we're hearing?"

"I can't believe how big she is," Rebecca frowns, resting her cheek against the top of Ellie's, "I want her to stay like this, Rog."

"I know," he murmurs, tickling the baby's tummy gently, "I know."

||-||

At around two that afternoon, Rebecca spots Brian's car coming into the driveway and again, seeing that Roger has his hands full with putting Ellie down for her nap -even though the both know she isn't going to sleep,  so she manages to slip outside so she can get the puppy.

"Bri, thank you so much," she says as Alice climbs out of the car with the puppy in her arms, "Honestly, what would I have done without you?"

He takes the puppy from Alice and she holds her arms out for her but he doesn't hand her over.

"Bri?"

"Brian," Alice says sternly.

"Before I hand her over," he cradles the puppy close to his chest, "Do you understand that she is a full-time responsibility?"

"Yes?"

"Do you really think that Roger is ready for this?" he asks.

"For goodness sake," Rebecca hisses, "Yes, Brian. Now can I please have the dog?"

He reluctantly hands her over and she giggles as the pup licks her chin.

"Do you guys want to come in for tea?"

The couple shares a glance, "We're actually on our way to see a venue for the wedding. If it's alright, we could come pop in on our way back."

"Oh, of course! Don't let me stop you."

"We need to stop at home and pick up Roger's gift anyway," Alice shrugs, "Brian was distracted by the dog..."

"She was chasing her tail, Alice!"

The two continue to bicker as they climb into the car and Rebecca waves them off as they leave before she steps back into the house, closing the door behind her.

"Becca? Was that Brian's car I saw?" Roger asks, appearing at the top of the stairs, "What was he doing he-"

He stops when he sees the small creature in her arms and he stops halfway down them and Rebecca gives him a bright smile.

"Is that...that's a dog."

She nods, laughing as he practically runs down the rest of them and she turns her body ever so slightly so he can get a better look at her.

"Holy shit," he whispers, meeting Rebecca's eyes once more and the grin on his face almost floors her. She's only ever seen a grin like that on his face twice; their wedding day and the day that Ellie was born, "Are they for me?"

"She's for you, yes,"

"Rebecca, love...I don't- fucking hell, I love you."

She happily accepts the kiss that he presses to her lips.

She knew he'd love her.

||-||

It isn't until later that night that Rebecca finally works up the courage to bring up the third and final surprise that she has for Roger.

The day so far, has gone so well; the rest of the band all came around to see him at some point during the day, he's had phone calls from his mum, dad and Clare and now, since it's a warm night, he's sat on the decking in the back garden with Ellie in between his legs, propped up against his chest as he rolls a ball across the deck to the puppy, who still hasn't got a name.

Rebecca leans against the door and watches them, listening to Ellie's giggles as the pup runs after the ball.

"Have you thought of a name yet?" she asks, stepping out into the warm air.

"What do you think about Pippi?"

"Pippi?" she repeats, "After Pippi Longstocking?"

"Yeah," he nods, "Loved those stories when I was little."

"Then I think her name is Pippi, don't you?"

He nods, running a hand over the puppy's back as she runs by him and Ellie to get to Rebecca.

"And I think," he stands up, lifting the baby over his head, "That it's time to get this one to bed."

After filling two glasses of wine, Roger settles in on the couch with Pippi as Rebecca takes Ellie upstairs and it doesn't take long for her to return back downstairs - the excitement of the day and seeing everyone along with this new friend she has clearly was too much.

As she sits down, Pippi jumps down from the couch and wanders over to the little box of toys Rebecca had also bought for her, pulling out a chew toy and starts going to town on it.

The two of them watch her for a little bit before Rebecca turns to Roger with a nervous smile on her face.

"What's wrong, love?"

"I have another gift for you,"

"You do?" his eyes light up, "Love, honestly I think you're spoiling me a little too much."

She grabs the slim box from the table beside her and holds it out to him.

He looks at her and then at the box taking note of that when he takes it, he sees her toying nervously with her hands.

She really does not know how he's going to react to this but she can't not watch as he opens the box, mouth dropping at what's in it.

A pregnancy test.

A positive pregnancy test.

She chews on her bottom lip as his eyes meet hers, giving him a little shrug, "I'm pregnant."

Again looks from her to the box, seeing the nervous look on her face.

"Pregnant?" he repeats, "You're sure?"

She nods, "The three tests I took came back positive but I didn't trust them, not after what happened with Ellie and so I went to see Katie. And she confirmed it."

It's soon. It's so soon and Rebecca  certainly didn't think that it would be possible for her to get pregnant again this quick but there it is, clear as day on the test in front of him.

"Love," he whispers, tossing the box to the side as he scoots across the couch so he can wrap his arms around her, "Oh, love."

She hides her face in his neck, "You're not mad?"

"You think I'd be mad?" he asks, "Oh love, how could I be mad? We're having another baby!"

"But it's so soon," she whispers.

Roger nods. "I'll admit, a little more time between babies would have been lovely but Rebecca, a baby!"

He laughs as she throws her arms around his neck, which gets the attention of Pippi.

"Christ," he runs his hand through his hair as she pulls away, glancing at the glasses of wine that are still on the table.

He reckons he's going to need something stronger than that.

||-||

too soon for another baby? i think not

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 8.8K 105
Roger Taylor ~ <3 #1 in #BohemianRhapsody 10/1/19 Xx #1 in #RogerTaylor 12/1/19 Xx #1 in #Queen 20/1/19 Xx Several updates every day, so please read...
72.3K 1.6K 48
π—₯π—’π—šπ—˜π—₯ π—§π—”π—¬π—Ÿπ—’π—₯ PRETTY LOVER BOY /adj./ a drummer with a mop of blond hair and a mischievous look in his eyes Clementine Landers only wor...
1.1K 19 17
Lesley Copper decides to take a break from her business in art school trying to become a photographer. She goes to a pub with her friends. The live b...
1.3K 122 16
A young woman named Briana had her 22nd birthday at a bar. She woke up the next day after passing out in unfamiliar surroundings. Living in America i...