The Second Avatar

By KiraKisa

Being the second Avatar is not an easy job... Avatar Korra is now in Republic City with her best friend Yue... More

Book I Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
Book II Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
Book III Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
Book IV Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X

Epilogue

6.2K 92 40
By KiraKisa

I watched happily as Korra defeated a small army of benders, dodging little bursts of fire as she went. "Are you sure it's okay to let the kids fight with Korra?" Mako asked nervously as he held a baby in his arms. 

Mika rolled her eyes, "they're fine." My eyes widened as Mika's son, Renshu sent a boulder at Korra, but it veered off target. "He lacks restraint," Mika sighed. 

"That sounds familiar," I said as I thought back to when Korra took her firebending test all those years ago. 

"Oh!" Korra said dramatically as the kids just decided to run at her and knock her over. "Avatar down!" 

"Go into the Avatar State!" My oldest, Ursa pleaded. 

"Korra," I said in warning as she winked at me. Korra's eyes glowed for a moment, and then our children were swirling around in a vortex. 

Giggling like mad the entire time. 

"Why does this not surprise me?" Asami asked as she walked in.

"Hey," Korra greeted as she brought the kids back to the ground and gave Asami a hug. 

"Why are there flying children?" Asami questioned. 

"Ursa wanted Korra to go into the Avatar State," I said dryly. 

"Mom never does it for us," Ursa said. 

I rolled my eyes, "I have usually been pregnant. But children don't seem to grasp this." 

"How are you feeling?" Asami asked.

I put a hand on my swollen stomach, "fat."

Iroh kissed my cheek, "you look beautiful."

"Who is beautiful?" A voice asked as Bolin walked in. 

"Mommy!" Five kids said.

"Um," Bolin said awkwardly as he looked between myself and Mika. "I'll just assume that they mean both of you." 

Korra laughed, and then got tackled to the ground by Mako's twin sons, Jin and Renshu. "We got you!" They cackled together. 

Mako asked Mika to marry him shortly after Kuvira was sentenced, not the most romantic, but she was happy. That got married less than a year later, and welcomed the twins into the world and had twins three years after that, they look just like their father. The older twin, Jin, is a very chill little firebender. Renshu though, he was a very moody earthbender. It was quite a few years later when they had another child. Mika just had Naoki, a beautiful blue-eyed fuzzy baby girl. 

Bolin and Opal recently got married, but have not had any children left. Korra and Asami tend to travel together, but have yet to settle down. Mika's twin, Mira had twins of her own with Desna. Han and Haya are the two most terrifying waterbending kids I have ever seen, but they took after their mother's side of the family more than their father's. 

Thank goodness. 

My first child was little Ursa. GranGran Emiko was in tears when she held the future Fire Lord Ursa, Zuko was also tearing up, but was better at hiding it. Ursa is the sweetest little thing, but is vicious when it comes to mind games. She also started bending lightning recently. Not long after we had Ursa, we had Bojin, who is almost the same age as Mako's boys. 

Bojing is a non-bender, but incredibly hyper and energetic. I just about killed Korra when she gave my son his very own pair of nunchucks. Now, Bojing is obsessed with all kinds of weapons. It is all Iroh and I can do to keep sharp objects away from him. 

Our next child was Roku, I thought a fitting name considering who I am, and who Iroh's family is. He is still very little, but he is incredibly calm. Roku honestly seems much older than he is, and he's still just a little kid. A little kid who accidentally lit a painting on fire recently. 

"Have you guys picked out a name?" Opal asked curiously. 

Iroh and I smiled, "we decided to name her Chika."

"Her?" Mako asked. "Are you sure it's a girl."

"If we told Ursa something different, she would be very upset," I said with a wink. 

"Why Chika?" Asami asked curiously. 

"It is the name of my great-grandmother," Iroh said smiling. 

"GranGran Emiko has always spoken highly of her mother," I said. "I thought it was time the family had another Chika. Though, I do hope she is a waterbender. Having fire being thrown around all of the time is a bit tiresome." 

Iroh smiled, "I'm sure you'll get one kid like you."

"If we don't, we'll just keep trying until we do!" I said firmly, and Iroh paled. 

"Just how many kids are you planning on having, Yue?" Mika asked with a raised eyebrow. 

I shrugged, "however many we are blessed with." 

"What would happen if you had a boy?" Bolin asked.

"We should name a boy Zuko," Iroh said enthusiastically.

I gave him a look, "only if a baby comes out saying honor." 

Iroh shook his head, "I don't know how my grandfather would feel about that."

"It's true," I said.

"Isn't that the whole thing that Zuko went through?" Bolin asked.

"Must regain honor," I said simply. 

"Mom," Ursa said as she ran up. "Can you fight with Auntie Korra? It would be so cool!" 

Iroh gave our daughter a look, "your mother can't fight right now." 

"But we can't beat her," Roku pouted as he toddled up. 

"Well," I said and the kids swarmed to me. "I can tell you how to beat her." 

"How?" Jin and Renshu asked together. 

"You tickle her!" I said, and then they swarmed towards Korra. 

"Yue!" Korra said in-between laughs as she tried to get away from the kids. 

"How is Fire Lord training going?" Asami asked Iroh curiously.

Iroh smiled nervously, "almost finished." 

"Does that mean we have to call you Fire Lord Iroh soon?" Bolin asked.

"You don't call him Prince Iroh now," Opal said flatly. 

"No," Iroh said holding up his hands. "Just Iroh." 

"Wait a minute," Bolin said as he got a thoughtful look on his face. "So that means that Ursa is next in line for the thrown, right?" 

I nodded as I looked at our daughter who was leading a charge against Korra, "she will be after her father." 

"And then her kid after her?" Bolin questioned.

"Assuming she has kids, yes," I said as I looked at Bolin curiously. "Why the interest."

"I was just wondering if Mako's kids would ever be, you know..." Bolin said awkwardly.

Iroh thought about it, "technically, yes." 

"But a lot of people would have to step down," I pointed out.

"How would it work?" Mika asked curiously.

"Yue knows better than me," Iroh said and I glared at him. 

"You're supposed to be the next Fire Lord," I grumbled.

"GranGran Emi explained it to you," Iroh replied.

I sighed, "the first thing is that the Fire Lord has to be a Fire Bender." 

"Makes sense," Mika said. "Especially since GranGran Emi had three kids, but only Aunt Izumi was a Fire Bender."

"If there are no Fire Benders, then a non-bender would be next," I said. 

"And you stay on the beaten path," Iroh added.

"The firstborn line," I clarified. 

"So what would the order be?" Korra asked curiously as the kids stopped tickling her. 

"Hmmm," I said as I tried to get the family tree in order. "Well, Iroh is next in line, obviously. And then it would be Ursa after him. If for some reason Ursa abdicated, Roku would be next."

"Because Bojing is a non-bender?" Asami asked, and I nodded.

"Who next?" Bolin asked excitedly. 

"Well, you go back to the main family line," I explained. "And since Iroh has no siblings, you go up to Izumi's siblings. None of them would want to rule in their age, love them though I do, so next would be Raiden." 

"Then onto non-benders?" Mika asked.

"Nope," Iroh said.

"Next would technically be Jin," I told Mako and he paled. 

"Then onto non-benders," Mika said and I nodded.

"You go back to the main line, so Bojing would be next," I said. "And then that's actually it since Hana would be next."

"Well," Iroh said as he gave me a look.

"No," I said flatly.

"Well, what?" Bolin asked curiously. 

"Technically, there is another member of the Royal Family," Iroh said. "Who actually had a stronger claim than my grandfather."

"Lu Ten, right?" Asami asked. 

"No offense, but he's dead," Bolin said.

"Not his son," Iroh said,

"Lu Ten had a son?!" Bolin asked in amazement. 

I glared at Iroh who just shrugged while smiling, "he's too old to care." 

"Lu Min," I supplied.

"That makes sense," Bolin said. "Lu Ten and Lu Min..."

"You married into a crazy family, Mako," I teased. 

Mako shrugged, "wouldn't change it for anything."

"Aw," Opal said before looking pointedly at Bolin. "Why can't you be cute like that?"

"Hey," Bolin said. "I went with you during the whole Kuvira thing."

"You got to meet Toph though," I said.

"She's so cool," Bolin said.

"Did I ever tell you guys about the trip Toph took with Zuko?" I asked.

"I don't think you have," Korra said. 

"Well," Iroh said. "It's a very interesting story, full of-"

"Yue?" Asami questioned as I grew pale. 

"Darling, what's wrong?" Iroh asked.

"Guess you guys don't get to hear that story," I said. 

"Why not?" Bolin pouted.

"Baby!" Mika announced loudly, and then everyone flew into action. 

And after twelve hours of labor, we welcome our baby girl, Chika into the world. Years went by, seasons changed, Iroh became the Fire Lord, and my life became more complicated than it had been with Korra. Being the wife of the Fire Lord, is very different from keeping the Avatar out of trouble. 

Ursa grew into her name, and became very kind and caring, but is still ruthless when it comes to intellectual games. I know she will become an amazing Fire Lord one day. Bojing is certainly becoming a weapons expert, and his favorite weapon of choice is the sword, something about wanting a sword like the Legendary Space Sword that Sokka had. If you ask me, he has enough energy, puns, and love of meat to be the next Sokka. 

Roku is incredibly wise, and I know he will be the counselor to Ursa when she becomes Fire Lord. He has a bad habit of acting older than he actually is, and not enjoying life as it is. Chika is the mother of my children, even though she is the youngest, she mothers everyone she possibly can. However, she has a fierce temper that I am surprised she's a waterbender and not a firebender. 

Emiko said that all waterbenders were terrifying, and Katara said that Chika is very much like herself. When Katara died, the entire Water Tribe mourned. Emiko was heartbroken, but reasoned that she was with Aang now. However, Lady Emiko is still kicking. She and Toph say that they're gonna live longer than Aang did. Lord Zuko is slowing down, but jokes his wife won't let him die. 

Looking back over the years, I never expected I would be here. I never thought I would be so happy, and I did not think I would love my husband as much as I do. I always thought I would eventually find out who my father is, but no matter how hard I search, I only find dead ends. I feel like I am just going to have to find the Painted Lady and demand to know who on earth my father is. 

Something tells me he was kind.

I hope he loved me.

But knowing my luck, I'll probably have another baby before I find out who he was. 

~*~*~*~

Salveas Populi!

This is the end of The Second Avatar. It has been an incredibly long journey, and I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have. What started out as an idiotic idea, turned into a character that led me to write Higosha. The four-year writing process for this has been painful for me, but especially for you. Thank you all so much for sticking with me! I know that my updating is terrible, my grammar hopeless, and my plot cheesy, so thank you for putting up with me. 

I hope you fell in love with Yue and hopefully Lady Emiko like I did. If you have not read Higosha, I recommend reading it. ;) I personally like Avatar the Last Airbender more than Legend of Korra, but that's just me. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll post answers on this chapter as they come in. 

One question I am sure you all are wondering, is who on earth is Yue's father? To be honest, I never decided. I have a wild idea that has been running around in my head, that explains so much (I think) of who she is. I can give you a few hints, and whoever answers correctly might get me to write a bonus chapter... 

First hint... What nation is Princess Yue most connected with? 

Second hint... Think very closely on who her guardian is, not her mother! But who her guardian is. And no, it is not Lu Min, just in case somebody read that differently than I intended. 

Third and final hint... Think of who she was very close with, and why. Especially when you look at the original characters from Avatar the Last Airbender. I've given reasons, but it goes deeper than what I wrote. 

Now for some confessions... I had no idea who Yue's father was until I started writing the final part of the book. I could never decide who would be best. I also created the character Emiko while writing this book, I wanted to add another element that was different, so I made a prequel. I originally was going to have Yue fall in love with Mako, but I like Iroh too dang much. I felt kinda bad though, because I really like Mako's character, and decided that it would be ironic if he fell in love with one of Iroh's many cousins. So, I decided on Mika because she's very different from Korra and Yue. 

I was originally going to kill of Emiko is some dramatic way, but I love her too much. 

If you guys have any question, I would love to answer them! Seriously! I love getting these kinds of things. Also, if you like Marvel, Naruto, or X-Men (I put it in a different category since they're not in the Marvel Cinematic Universe), I encourage you to read my others works. Most of them are Captain America fan-fics, or something similar, but they are long reads. Though, please don't just the first books I wrote too harshly, I was barely fifteen when I started writing a lot of these. 

I'll stop ranting, sorry... 

Last thing! I am going to be writing another Avatar the Last Airbender fanfiction. It'll be different, but it'll be a Zuko love story. I will hopefully publish at least the entire first part by Christmas. Here is some info about it, if you are interested. 

Living the disgrace of her grandfather, Xia's parents send her to the Fire Nation Captial to try to win favor with the Fire Lord. Little Xia is meant as the most recent playmate for Princess Azula, a very dangerous job. However, Xia matched Azula in her Firebending abilities, and the two become friendly rivals. Xia became famous for her yellow fire, not nearly as dangerously hot as Azula's blue fire, but a warmth that fuels Xia's will. Though Xia was close friends with Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee, she volunteered to accompany Zuko and Iroh on their hunt to find the Avatar. Calm and patient Xia became Zuko's new sparring partner, and Iroh's favorite Pai Sho challenger. 

"How can you be drinking tea at a time like this?!" Zuko demanded.

I looked at him as if surprised by his stupidity, "because I do not particularly like cold tea." 

A laugh followed my statement and we both turned to Iroh, "you see, Prince Zuko. Xia knows that there are times to march forward, but there are also times to take a step back."

"What does that even mean?" Zuko asked furiously.

"It means that I take time to think," I replied gently. "Now, why don't we go and continue your quest for the Avatar." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.6K 1.6K 17
๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’, ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘ , ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘’๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘“๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘’โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘‘. ๐‘– ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘š ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ก๐‘œ...
22K 744 26
Y/N is a prodigious water bender with a secret - she is a dual bender who has mastered both water and another element. In the middle of the night, Ko...
8.3K 252 17
Yunoh. The timid, soft-spoken Avatar proceeding Avatar Aang. She didn't realise what life had in store for her when her older sister, Korra, drags he...
73.8K 2.3K 17
Korra's only childhood friend(Y/N) is found after two years when she moves to Republic City for her airbending training. (Y/N), although a non-bender...