The Black Cat and His Princes...

By LynnNoir

Saving Marinette from Evilistrator was all that Adrien needed to see Marinette more and get to know her. Onc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Sorry 😞 (not a chapter)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Marichat art!!
More art!
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
I was tagged 📌
Chapter 19
L'art ♡︎
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
This might be over...
New story

Chapter 2

10.4K 246 736
By LynnNoir

Adrien was laying in bed. Letting his phone ring on his desk. He continued to let his phone ring and didn't think to check it.

While laying in bed, he stared at the ceiling in wonder of why Marinette was upset the last time he saw her. He hoped that it wasn't something he did or that Chloe said something hurtful towards her.

If Marinette was feeling this way because of Chloe again he was going to have a serious talk with her.

BUZZ BUZZ

"Are you going to answer your phone or just let my ears suffer while you just lay in bed?!" A small angry black cat said, "can you please answer your phone so that my ears can be at peace!?"

Adrien finally started to hear the buzzing from his phone, wondering how he didn't hear it before because of how obnoxiously loud it was.

"Oh uh...sorry plagg" he said apologetically. He got up from his bed and walked over to his clean and spotless desk. As he grabbed his phone he saw that Nino was calling him. He called him 4 times in the past 30 or so minutes.

'How long was I laying there?'
He wondered.

He answered his phone.

"Dude! Where were you? I've been trying to call you for the past hour!"

"Sorry Nino..I didn't realize you've been calling me-"

"How would you not notice if your phone is right next to you dude?"

"I...I don't know. I guess I was lost in my head.."

"Oh..are you alright man?"

"Yeah! Yeah I'm alright!" Adrien began to wonder about Marinette again. It started to frustrate him. Why would Marinette keep popping in his head? He was worried about her. He didn't want her to feel down.

'I should check on her'

"Well, what is it Nino? Why have you called me four times?" He said in a chuckle, "is it that important?"

"Uh..I was just wondering if you would want to come over and play video games? It's been awhile, you know?"

"Yeah...it has" Adrien said gloomily. He hasn't been over to Nino's place in about almost a month. All the photo shoots, fencing lessons, and piano lessons he's had have kept him away from hanging out with his best friends...except Marinette.

Almost everyday he sits on Marinette's balcony railing, talking to her about all of the Akumas he's fought, about his day and her day. Just about normal human and Parisian things (like the akumas).

"I can't right now Nino. Sorry...I just have something I need to do." Adrien said apologetically, "but I promise you that tomorrow I will finally come over so that we can play video games! Okay..?"

"Okay...fine."

"See you tomorrow..?"

"Yeah"

Adrien was left on the phone, with no one on the other line, just standing in place and feeling sorry for Nino. He promised he'd hang out with Nino tomorrow. He will keep that promise.

"Who was that? Your annoying DJ friend?" Plagg said bluntly.

"Hey!" Adrien said as he stomped over to plagg.

"I'm just kidding, kid!" He said raising his little arms, "if you don't mind me asking...but why were you staring at the ceiling for almost an hour..?"

His angry expression faded into a sad one. "Well..." he said softly, "when I left school, Marinette didn't look happy like she always does."

"She looked pretty happy to me."

"Plagg, I know when she's sad. You can tell when she is because she will act differently." He said sorrowfully, "when she talked to me she did look happy, but then it was like she started to think about something and then her confidence just slipped away...and she just walked away like she regretted talking to me.."

"Well, I don't know whats wrong with her."

"Me too. So..I want to go check on her."

"Oh no, you don't mean-"

"Yep!"

"No!! Can't we do this la-"

"Plagg, claws out!"

~💙🖤💙~

Running and jumping from roof to roof, Chat Noir went to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery, worried about his princess. As he stopped on her roof, he looked down at the balcony to find Marinette leaning against the railing.

Marinette stares at the night sky, thinking about what happened earlier that day, and wishing she had the confidence to tell Adrien her feelings towards him. She wanted to tell him and get it over with so that she didn't have to hide her feelings from him anymore...but she couldn't.

Something was holding her back..and that was fear.

A tear trickled down her cheek as she wiped it away with her shaking hand. She grabbed the blanket wrapped around her and tightened it, snuggling its warmth against her body as she shields herself from a strong gust of wind.

Chat jumps down onto the balcony, noticing that Marinette is shivering from the cold air.

"Princess..?" He says softly, seeing that she flinched when he jumped on the balcony.

"Are you okay?" He says as he places his hand on her shoulder.

"Y-yeah...I'm fine" she says with her shaky voice.

He watches Marinette wipe her face. "Are you sure you're okay...?" He turns her around to see that her cheeks have streaks of tears running down her face. He raises his eyebrows, making a sorrow filled expression.

"W-what?" She says as she wipes her tears away.

"Why have you been crying, princess..?" He says, resting his hands on her shoulders, "is there someone I need to punish?" He places his hand on his baton.

"No Chat" she says in a giggle, "it's not that.."

Chat takes his hands away from Marinette's shoulders.
"What is it princess?"

"It's.." She bites her lip in deciding whether or not to tell Chat. She inhales. "I'm just mad at..myself"

"Why are you mad at yourself..?" He says, giving her a worried look.

"W-well..there is this boy I.." she braces herself as another gust of wind comes their way.

"A..boy?"

"I..I really like him..I mean really REALLY like him.." she bites her  finger nail.

"And...?"

She blinks, quickly, a couple times as she bites her bottom lip. She tries to keep the tears from streaming down her face.

"I want to tell him..how I feel. But I can't..it's like something is holding me back from telling him how I really feel!" She says as she leans against the balcony railing, "And...and it's frustrating.."

Chat leans on the railing with Marinette, staying close to her.

Marinette looks down off the balcony, staring at one of the street lamps and then a bush of blue bells. Her bangs droop off her forehead.

"I'm afraid to say, to him, that I care about him...more than just a friend.." a tear falls from her cheek, "besides..if I tell him I love him, he might not love me back.."

Looking over at Marinette with caring eyes, he says softly, "oh princess..who wouldn't like a girl like you?"

Marinette turns her head towards Chat. "No boy would like a clumsy embarrassment like me, Chat.."

"You are not a clumsy embarrassment." He says in a caring way, "you are an amazing girl, Marinette. You're smart, kind, friendly, caring.."

Marinette smiles.

"I could keep going on about how paw-some you are purr-incess" he says with a large sweet smile.

She chuckles, "thanks Chat".

"You're also very pretty, Mari" he smiles softly, making Marinette form a pink blush across her cheeks.

"So...princess, why do you like this prince of yours?"

"Well, chat, he is the kindest person I know.." she says with a smile, making Chat smile.

"He is always kind to everyone around him, even the ones that are rude to him and everyone else! He's sweet, generous, and simply just perfect.."

She looks in front of her, imagining that Adrien is standing right in front of her.

"You should see me when I'm talking to him" she lets out a small giggle, "I just blabber a bunch of words out of my mouth, forming sentences that don't and can't make any sense whatsoever!...And what does he do? He...he waits until I'm finished saying what I want to spill out of my mouth and...replies like what I said made actual sense.."

She turns her head towards Chat and smiles sweetly.

"He's also...very handsome" she stops talking when she realizes she blabbered on about why she liked him, "sorry.." she chuckles.

"No! Don't be sorry! I like hearing you talk about him" he smiles, "you look very happy when you do...you sure do love him"

She chuckles for a couple seconds while turning around to face chat. "Yeah I do.."

Marinette tightens the blanket around her and begins to blush. "He's also a..model"

Chat suddenly pauses.

'Wait...wait a minute'

He starts to panic and blush. There is no way it could possible be him, Adrien agreste. NO WAY. They are just friends..!

"Hm?" He hums.

"H-he's a model.."

"W-who..is this model..?" He says hesitantly.

'It couldn't possibly be me...right?'

"Uhmm.." Marinette says as she looks at her feet, "A-Adrien....Adrien Agreste.."

Suddenly, Chat flinched.

'HOLY CATS'
screamed in his head as his head started to spin. A blush crossed his face.

"O-oh!" He smiled nervously.

"Chat? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm f-fine..!" He said as his blush started to grow.

"So you like Mr. Rich pretty boy, h-huh?"

'Shelikesmeshelikesmeshelikesme'

"It's not like that!" She scolded at him, "him being a model and rich is totally irrelevant to me..I'm not like his fan girls.."

Chat started to calm down as he heard Marinette say that. He's never met a girl that liked him for...him. All the girls he's met or seen just liked him because he is THE Adrien agreste! The handsome model of Paris! A rich boy with a rich father! But Marinette...his very good friend and classmate, loves him for being him.

"I made him a scarf..once.."

"You..did?"

"Yeah..a blue scarf"

'The blue scarf my father gave me..?'

"It was his birthday..so I decided to make him a scarf. I was going to give to him, in person, at school..but I chickened out again like I always do. So I ended up dropping it off at his house..but.."

Chat stares at Marinette, listening to ever word flowing out of her mouth. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"When he came to school the next day.." she says as she smiles weakly, "he was wearing my scarf..and then he said that his dad gave it to him for his birthday.."

She frowns at the ground. Thinking about that day has always made her feel melancholy inside. She was happy to see him wearing it, but heartbroken when he thought his dad got it for him. She wished that he would notice how much she cared about him..

"Why..why didn't you tell him that you made it for him..?"

"He looked..happy. So..I didn't tell him because I wanted him to stay happy and keep that sweet smile on his face...I wanted him to stay just the way he was right then and there. Happy."

Tears began to blur her vision. She couldn't hold them back. "He wouldn't care if I gave the scarf to him anyways.." a tear fell off her cheek, "he won't notice me..he never will.."

She let out a sob as she covered her eyes with her palms.

Chat wrapped his arms around her immediately as she started to cry. What has he done..? He hasn't noticed the love his friend had for him and let her suffer.

'I'm sorry I did this to you princess...I'm so sorry..'

Chat pulls back, pulling her hands away from her eyes and embracing her.

"Princess.."

Marinette opens her eyes and meets hers with his.

Chat gazes into her eyes right when she looks up at him. He cups her cheek.

"I-I'm sorry.."

Marinette gazes into chats eyes, seeing the sorrow in his eyes. Chat actually cares about her..

"I'm sorry that he...didn't see you sooner.." he said. He stares into her blue eyes, realizing how close they are.

He could see every detail on her face. The freckles trailing from her right cheek to her left cheek. The pink flush on her face and how pink her lips were. But, most of all, he could see how her blue eyes lit up her face, making her look even more beautiful. Her eyes were mesmerizing as he stared into hers with his green cat eyes.

As he stared deep into her eyes he wanted to stay with her, stay close to her.

"C-chat..? What a-are you doing..?"

His eyes trailed down to her lips. Marinette's eyes met Chats lips as Chat gazed at her still.

Suddenly, Chat brushed his lips against Marinette's.

Straight away, Marinette's eyes widened. What was happening? What is going on? What was Chat doing??

'Chat Noir is kissing me..but why?!'

As she felt his lips on hers, it felt..right. She kissed him back, closing her eyes slowly.

Chat's heart started to quicken.

'She's..kissing me back'

He pulls her closer, deepening the kiss.

She wraps her arms around his neck, both of them caught in the kiss they were sharing.

With Chat's hand on the arch of her back and her cheek while Marinette's hands are on his neck, they both thought it felt right.

Could they like eachother?

As they were in their trance, Chat's ring flashes green and beeps twice causing Chat to pull back quickly.

He looked at Marinette seeing that her face was flushed with red, causing him to flush.

"Uhm-uh s-sorry princess..I need to g-go" he says stutteringly as he steps back, his back touching the railing.

Marinette stood there, speechless. She didn't know what to say. What happened was very sudden...but long and wonderful.

She reaches her hand to her mouth, covering it.

'Why did he do that..?'

As Chat was jumping from roof to roof he covers his mouth, thinking about the kiss him and his princess shared.

'Why did I do that..?'
He thought.

A soft sweet smile formed on his lips.

'She..kissed me back..'

'That..that kiss was amazing'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 488 15
Adrien and Marinette are in high school and they are 17 years old now Marinette doesn't confessed her feelings till now to Adrien, but after the advi...
1.4K 29 10
!SMUT WARNING!(Later on though) Chat Noir/Adrien, the almighty hero and model of Paris, is in love with Ladybug(also a hero of Paris). The thing that...
905 33 11
Chat Noir loves LadyBug. Marinette is in love Adrien. This is how life is. Until that day after battle. LadyBug used her Lucky Charm out of combat an...
19.3K 550 40
"The magazine that Adrien is currently modeling for, has asked that I provide them with a new medium to present Adrien in. They do not want a photosh...