For The Sake Of US

By zindagikilikhavatein

Sumo, I can fight the world for the sake of Us Shravan, I can fight all our demons for the sake of US Hola! S... More

For the Sake of Us

916 49 18
By zindagikilikhavatein

Hello everyone! This story was written for 3rd Edkv anniversary ( some of you may have read). Enjoy!

Suman was lost in her thoughts when Prita asks her what had happened. Sumo tells her that her marriage has been fixed with Shravan. She shares to her that even after knowing that they are constantly fighting with each other still there is a small hope in her heart that may be this marriage would bring happiness and peace in both their lives.

She asks Prita does she look like some crazy girl to which Prita replies saying it is good to see her happy and there is no wrong in hoping for happiness when she has already suffered a lot.

Suman informs Prita that she is going to Sadar Bazar and it would take her 2-3 hours to return. Prita assures her that she will handle everything.

Suman comes out of PCT only to find Shravan coming out of his car. He asks her for a minute to talk about what their families have decided.

"Suman, my family wants to have a lavish wedding as you know about all the big people we are connected to. Its the matter of our reputation plus my family's happiness. I know it would cost a lot so if you allow we can manage the expenses."

"Look Shravan I understand your point of view but its about my family too. It would be a matter of shame for them especially Nanu that they couldn't even afford the expenses of the marriage of their daughter. I don't feel good doing that. Can we have a simple and small wedding then your family can have a big lavish reception which would be upto your standards?"

"But Suman you're also going to be a part of Malhotra family. Don't you think it would be a matter of shame for my father too if his only son gets married in a temple without inviting the people who we deal with? Think for my family too."

"Alright, you and I are not discussing what 'WE' want but what our family want then my stance is clear, as I told you."

"Fine. As you wish. You were going somewhere come I'll drop you."

"Okay, I've to go Sadar Bazar".

Shravan and Suman are in car while the silence envelopes them. The silence was short lived when Shravan started speaking.

"You know Suman, people when get married spend years in getting to know each other. But in our case we know each other already in fact I can even predict what you're going to say next. Like I knew that you would not agree to have a lavish wedding. See I know you so well."

"Even after being a lawyer there's no precision in your analysis of a person, Shravan. I don't even know how you could win so many cases. Yes you do know about me but how much 1% or may be 2%. I am Suman, who is independent, values her self respect the most and can do anything for her family. Your prediction about Suman is 100% correct but what about my other personalities. You don't know me Shravan."

"Oh really! I know you from the first day I met you 15 years ago. You have always been like this only. I was the fool who couldn't recognize the real you but now I'm not a fool. "

"What's your definition of 'real me' ? Self centered, selfish, mean, ambitious, manipulative female dog? Right?"

"Suman....." Shravan tries to interrupt her because he might have said so much her in his anger but hearing all that in same sentence as her name sounds so incorrect. He stopped the car with a screech when she cut him off.

"Exactly Shravan. Suman. If I'm only Suman to you then don't you dare get bothered. What do you think if you would have asked for something for 'Shravan' to Sumo she would argue or reject. No. Never. Not even in dream."

"Look Suman this is not about Suman or Sumo......"

"This is about it dammit. You asked me to have a lavish wedding for the sake of your family and their reputation. Right, the family of yours whose people never wanted you to return from London and when you did came they were praying everyday for the moment to come fast when you would leave. That family of yours where your father uses you for his reputation by trying to tie you up with rich girls instead of caring for your happiness. That very family of yours where you own brother and your dear chotey never even bothered to ask you about your pains where you were drowning yourself in alcohol. Yes I know everything Shravan. Why should I care about such people? But yeah if Shravan would have asked Sumo to have such a wedding for him, she would have agreed in a blink."

Suman comes out of the car and stands near the trunk of the car while Shravan was lost. He never imagined this. He had predicted she wouldn't agree to marry lavishly thus they will have a court marriage but at this very moment while a 150 meters away from the court premises where the marriage agent and the two supposed witnesses were waiting for him to come, he was laying still and stiff thinking nothing.

Suman comes to his window and knock over it. He looks at her questioningly to which she asks him as to why they were there near the court. He comes out of the car and faces her.

"Actually I sorta knew you would not agree with me so I planned a court marriage. The agent, Preeti and Pushkar are waiting for us inside. "

"Wow! I'm just so astonished. Can you just give me minute to soak into this then we will go and get married okay.?

"Look we don't have to do it now because I just don't know please lets just....."

"No Shravan we will do this. I told you this just a few minutes ago that if you want something then I would never say no. If you so want to become my husband on paper or should I say my 'kagaz k pati' then I'll do that. Tum mere kagaz k pati aur Mai tumhari kagaz ki patni. Its so cool. No wastage of money and time. Even no need for those pompous rings or garlands. Right? Lets go inside. Chalo"

Shravan falls on his knees and was completely stiff. Her words hurt him, pierced through his heart. He was so drowned in his ego and anger that he didn't even had a second thought about his impulsive decision. He was hurt and was hurting her in return. Now he didn't want to have a court marriage but he had to do it. Not for the hatred or his ego but for her. She wouldn't understand him right now but someday she will. He stood up with a determination different this time.

"Shravan !!"

"Lets go inside Pushkar and Preeti are waiting for us."

"Sure."

They go inside the court room where Pushkar was trying to talk to Guptaji but turned to ask Shravan as to what was happening. Shravan was determined for everything to go as he planned.

"Chottey, lawyer hai tu. Do I need to tell you something even after all this?"

"But this is not right. "

"Whats wrong chottey. We are doing what our families wanted, what Suman wanted and what I wanted, Marriage. Guptaji everything ready?"

"Yes sir, here are the forms."

Shravan checks all the forms and papers and signs. Then he asks Sumo to sign the papers as well. She does.

When registrar asks them to exchange rings or garlands whatever. To which Shravan replies that they are a modern couple who don't believe in such things.

When it was all done Shravan asked Pushkar to drop Suman wherever she wants to go. He has an important meeting to attend. He congratulates her calling Mrs. Malhotra. It was said in a mischievous way but it did something to him and her.

'Finally she is mine.'

'Finally he is mine.'

Pushkar and Preeti were bewildered as to what just happened. Pushkar was driving and was wondering to Preeti as to what had happened to bhaiya. To which Preeti had no answer but Suman from the backseat replied saying,

"He has changed."

Suman has been maintaining her tough demeanor in front of Shravan but as soon as the car stopped she ran off to her room. She has been named Suman for a reason by her parents, because of her soft heart just like a sweet little flower. Since childhood she was not good at holding pains of others but her father thought his daughter is a precious and delicate flower unknown to the hardships she was to fave in future in his absence. She was hurt every word Shravan uttered pierced through her heart while his tone was salt on her wounds. She was crying herself out muffling her cries on the pillow.

On the other side of Tiwari Killa, Tiwari clan was there in the living room all silent listening to her muffled cries and trying to absorb what had happened as Pushkar told them. Tiwariji had asked Pushkar to call Malhotras and Shravan there immediately.

Half an hour later they were all there in the living room, Suman's cries have now turned into mere gasps but it was clear due the silence.

"Uska rona sunne ki zarurat nahi hain. Its already about an hour that she is crying thodi der mei chup ho jaegi ekdum normal. Aksar raat ko akele terrace par roti hai pata nahi aaj aise din mei kyu. Anyways Manju bahu get some snacks for the guests and coffee for Shravan okay." Tiwariji addressed everyone.

"Nanaji..." Shravan started. But Tiwariji cut him off.

"Nana Mai Suman ka hoon sirf"

"Please Nanaji el baar meri baat sun lijiye." Shravan begged to which again Tiwariji cut him off.

"I don't need to hear anything from you Shravan. You know why i asked for Suman's marriage because that day when you saved her from that monster who was my mistake I felt you are the only man who would keep my child happy but you broke her dreams. Ah.. My fault what am I even saying. Wo toh Sumo hai tumhari nazaro mei sabse Alag ladki right Ramnath? "

Ramnath couldn't say anything as he was equally guilty of all that was happening but was disappointed in himself and his son.

"She doesn't have those silly dreams to wear her mother's jewelry on her wedding or look at her groom coming to take her on a white horse or have dance with her friends on Mehehendi heck she doesn't even have a friend. Shravan you did it the exact right way."

Shravan was drowning on the pool of guilt but whatever happens he was determined and nothing can stop him. But Nanaji's words were hurting him more than anything but he was consoling himself with the facts and prediction of the near future if he didn't do it this way would be worse kept him strong.

"She doesn't have any money left. My dear son could only afford half of the expenses of his own daughter's marriage and she spend all her savings for other half how could we get her married and that too to a Crorepati.

I obliged to all you Malhotra for this ehsaan of yours on me. Ek bin Maa Baap ki bachi ko bina dowry and lavish wedding accept karna easy thodi naa hai. Shravan , Ramnath I don't even know how would you repay you."

Everyone was embarrassed and guilty. Manju and Sameer were embarrassed for their inabilities and behavior towards the poor child. It was as if they were only using her and never caring about her. Ramnath was guilty and regretted his behavior, prescriptions and judgments towards Suman.

Shravan? Well he was feeling nothing because he had already kept the biggest rock on his heart to cutoff all the feelings just for the sake of Her. He knew what he did was wrong but he had to for the sake of her. He had only few hours to change the predicted future. Its already been 4 hours and 2 more left. He was determined and strong just for the sake of her. For sake of them being together.

"Suman." Shravan called for her in a stern voice not even looking at anyone. He had no emotions in his eyes except determination. His voice bloomed through the room shocking everyone. Another shock came when he called again and the door to her room opened. She came out with swollen eyes and her bags. She was not looking at anyone especially her Nanu because that will break her. She just came forward with her eyes focused on the floor. Shravan came forward and held her bags and told Tiwaris that they are leaving. If they want any bidaai ritual to which Nanaji sarcastically replied,

"Jab bina riwaazo k shaadi karli you kaisa bidaai ritual."

Shravan and Suman left first and other Malhotras were still absorbing the turn of events just followed them. Just when Shravan was about to sit in his car, someone came forward to him and tapped his shoulder. He was expecting for Nanaji to come for a last message or a threat but when he turned he saw the person whom he never expected there. But the words that came out of their mouth shocked not only Shravan but Suman too.

"Hum samajh rahe ki aaj Suman aakhri baar royi hai. Hamari beti leja rahe ho tum yaad rakhna uski maa zinda hai Abhi agar aur rulaya naa humari bachi ko dande se dauda dauda kar marenge."

Manju' s words were the shock for everyone except Nanaji. He was the only person who saw beyond his daughter in law's greedy self. She was after money always but the day when Suman's parents died and he brought her to his house. The poor girl cried herself in Manju's lap to sleep. When he had once said how will she live without her parents, she had only said those three words that assured him of one thing, she is safe from the world, 'hum haina iski mami' . Manju can taunt Suman for anything but couldn't let anyone else harm her.

"Tum bhi sunlo Suman ek phone karna hai bas tumko is 6 foot ke bewakoof ko toh hum dekhlenge."

Suman was just overwhelmed that she hugged her Mami so tight.

"She won't cry again. Isiliye toh kiya ye

Sab." And saying that Shravan sat in the car while a surprised Sumo followed. Everyone there was also surprised by his words pondering what did he mean.

Shravan checked his watch, only one hour left. He increased the speed and reached the Malhotra house with 15 minutes in hand.

"I'll take up the bags, inside. You go in my room. " She tried saying something but he cut her off in a stern voice, "Do as I say, run Sumo please for the sake god no for me please run." The begging and pleading in his eyes compelled her. She took off to move inside while he followed with her bags. "Run Sumo, go inside the room fast."

Pushkar and Ramnath reached in their cars with the other family members only to see five six well built men surrounding as if covering the boundaries of the house. As they entered inside to ask Shravan who was standing in the middle of the room as to why there were so many guards around the house. Even before Shravan could reply, a loud sound of glass shattering and a scream was heard.

Shravan ran upstairs to his room calling for her but he found something he had already predicted. His life was standing there looking at the shattered class. He just went to her and grabbed her in his arms. He was hugging the life out of her but she didn't mind even if his hug was choking her because his embrace comforted him.

"Show me, are you hurt? Tell me Sumo did he hurt you? There's so much glass chot lag jayegi hato peeche. Sumo are you in pain. Please tell me if he hurt you I'll kill him if he....ahhh" and he just hugged her again.

"Shravan who are you talking about? Tell me and I'm fine."

"Its nothing Sumo. "

"Oh really! See this toy helicopter that crashed on the window is nothing and this letter saying "I'm to get you" is also nothing, right Shravan?"

"Look Sumo, its its Aditya. He is just he is after me for revenge and and he wants..... you."

"Bhaiya why didn't you tell us?"

"Shravan beta ye sab? "

"Did you?? Shravan tell me am thinking it right? Shravan say?"

"Haan!"

She was dumbstruck and others were shocked. This day was so full of shocks.

"I had only six hours to save you. According to the Pandit, we would have gotten married after 3 days but I wanted you here, with me every second in front of my eyes so that I can ensure your safety and for that I had marry and have you in the house within six hours. Sumo, I never wanted to hurt you so much but just for the sake you, for the sake of us I had to do this."

She turned towards everyone asked them to leave them to leave the alone. She asked Preeti to lock the door on her way back. As people left, she turned to look at him. It was so difficult to read him at the moment. He looked exhausted and vulnerable.

"If you wanted me in front of your eyes all the time why did you leave me at the court?"

"I didn't want to but I had to do the security arrangements. I'm really sorry Sumo, please...."

She cut him off saying, "I feel like slapping you so hard you are just .... Ugh so... You are so annoying Shravan. I don't know what to do."

He stood there still looking down at the floor like a little boy who had broken his mother's favorite vase and waiting for a nice scolding but it never came instead came a soft sweet heavenly touch on his cheeks and a frail couple of hand went around his neck holding him close. She was there in his arms and he can hold her there till eternity.

They were made for the sake of each other.

They lived for the sake of each other.

They can fight the worse for the sake of each other.

Love,

Zindagi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 75 5
A story about friendship, love, emotions and a lot more. Dive in! ;) ᵀʰᵉ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ⁱˢ ˢᵉᵗ ⁱⁿ ᴸᵒⁿᵈᵒⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵃˢ ᵒᵘʳ ᶠᵃᵛᵒᵘʳⁱᵗᵉ ᶜʳⁱᶜᵏᵉᵗᵉʳˢ ᴵᵗ'ˢ ᵖᵘʳᵉˡʸ ᵃ ʷᵒʳᵏ ᵒ...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
11.5K 1.7K 17
This is my first story in wattpad.😄 Peep in to know more about the story.👀🤗 P.S. Kindly ignore the grammatical errors.😅
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...