Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 10

699 34 8
By Veikari

The train let out a loud whistle as it finally stopped at the station. For a while there was a huge crowd of people who erupted from the train one after another from different doors and other people were waiting for their turn to get in the train.

Freed stepped down with Felix holding his hand and they were followed by Laxus, Bickslow, Evergreen and Roscoe, everyone holding their own bags for the trip. Freed was slightly amused but he also felt sorry for the lightning dragon slayer who was using all of his strenght so he wouldn't puke. It had been a while since he had to travel without feeling the motion sickness. But he seemed to be fine after taking few deep breaths.

"Wooooow!" Felix gasped loudly his turquoise eyes wide as he saw the huge station. It was so much bigger than the one in Magnolia! "There's so much people all around!"

"Don't pull my hair", Laxus grunted as he was now holding Felix on his shoulders so the boy wouldn't get lost.

"I'm sorry, dad."

"Everyone is hurrying somewhere", Roscoe muttered when again he got pushed by someone, as they were trying to get out of the station. "It was the same thing last time too. What is wrong with these people?"

"Well, life here is pretty much different than in Naava Town, baby", Bickslow cackled.

"That is true", Ever smiled. She still had a few bandages around her arms, but she had assured them that she would be just fine and wanted to travel with them. "But I liked walking in Naava Town, even though there weren't as many different shops as here. Bigger city means busier people, that's just how it is."

"I'm hungry! Let's go eat somewhere!" Bickslow grinned.

"Yes!" Felix agreed.

"We can eat once we find a tavern where to stay", Freed reminded looking at the big clock on the wall of the train station. "It is better to bring our bags to the tavern first so we don't have to carry them around."

"Did you book our rooms already?" Laxus asked.

"Yes, from the tavern called Dancing Nope."

"Sounds fun", Bickslow smirked.

"Though, I liked the place where we stayed last time", Ever huffed disappointed.

They had a tradition with Laxus and the Thunder Legion that every time they stayed in Crocus by themselves, they would book rooms from a tavern where they had not visited yet. That way they always had new places to discover in this huge city.

Freed looked at the map and Laxus looked over his shoulder, trying to figure where they were even standing right now. Who the hell was making these maps? Why couldn't they be more simple?

"It takes a while to get in our tavern but the area around it should be nice", Freed smiled folding the map away. "Not anything luxurious but we have never needed something like that."

"Speak for yourself", Ever tisked. "I wouldn't mind if even once we could try something a little bit more exquisite than some old tavern."

"You don't have to stay in the same place as us, baby", Bickslow reminded. "You can go in one of those fancy pansy hotels whenever you want."

"I know I can", Ever tisked opening her fan. "But if I leave you idiots alone there would be a chaos in the town."

"Sure that is the reason, Ever", Freed chuckled.

"What is that?" Felix asked pointing at the tram that let out loud clatter as it went past them.

"That is the tram car, in a big city like this it is hard to always just walk from place to place so you use those nasty cans to move around", Laxus grunted and he almost got green colour on his face.

"Don't you like tram cars, dad?" Felix asked, still totally oblivious how dragon slayers suffered motion sickness. He had slept the whole time in the train.

"Guess they are useful sometimes. But no, I don't like them."

"So we won't probably use one of those...?" Felix sighed leaning against Laxus' head, seemingly disappointed.

"Not this time", Freed said. "But maybe later", he promised. After the collar was off, the motion sickness shouldn't affect anymore.

Some time later they finally arrived at the tavern. It wasn't really anything peculiar but it looked like a really nice place where to stay. Above the the sign over the door, there was a painting of six spiders that were hanging from their net, swaying in the wind. They opened the heavy white door and stepped inside, looking around.

There were lots of other customers who were talking with each other. Some of the customers did jolt when they noticed them, but mostly because three of them stood tall like towers. Not to mention the way how they dressed was not something ordinary. But when they didn't say anything or do anything that might be threathening, most of the customers quickly lost their interest.

They might be part of the famous Fairy Tail Guild, but in the end there were still lots and lots of people who didn't recognize them and that was actually what they preferred. That way they had some peace. There were also occassions when someone did recognize them and either those people got scared, curious or wanted to fight.

After getting keys to their rooms – Freed, Laxus and Felix in their own, Roscoe and Bickslow shared one and Ever of course had her own room – they made sure they had what they needed, left their bags and went downstairs.

"Not bad, I'm really surprised", Ever smiled happily as she sat down with them. "My room is nice, not too small, has a good view over the town and everything is spotless."

"You really thought I would book rooms for us from some rundown inn?" Freed chuckled as they were already eating.

"Of course not, Sweetie", Ever giggled and she took the menu.

"So what can I get for the Lady?" they heard a jolly voice as the owner stepped beside their table.

He was an older man with a thick red beard and arms like tree trunks, reminding them of a certain white haired mage from their Guild. But he wasn't as tall as Elfman, though they could have obviously had a good fight of sheer power. But the owner didn't really seem like a man who was interested about fighting. He had a very friendly face and bright green eyes.

"I'll take the same as they have", Ever said pointing at what Freed, Laxus and Felix were eating.

"Alright, coming right up. Say, weren't there still two others with you? Two men with visors?"

"They'll be here in a second, might as well make them this same grub", Laxus said. "This is good", he complimented.

"Glad to hear that", the owner laughed. "I hope you enjoy your time here", he wished and left to make three more meals.

As said, only few moments later Bickslow and Roscoe came down the stairs and they joined them.

"That looks good, can I taste it?" Bickslow grinned looking at Felix's plate

"Don't feed him, you'll never get rid of him", Laxus said to his son. "That's how I ended teaming up with him in the first place when we were kids."

"Really?" Felix asked astounded.

"No", Laxus chuckled.

"You can have this broccoli", Felix said poking the green ominous looking vegetable on his plate.

"Really? Must be my lucky day", Bickslow snickered snatching the broccoli and ate it.

"You can have them all if you want."

"That's nice, Felix", Freed said while eating his own meal. "And when Bickslow's plate arrives, you can have all of his broccoli as a trade. There must be much more on his plate than yours since he has a bigger meal."

"I don't want to..."

"Then you better eat those you have in your own plate."

Felix muttered something but he kept eating. Soon Bickslow, Roscoe and Evergreen got their meals as well.

"Are we going to start looking for that locksmith right away?" Roscoe asked looking at Laxus. "I don't care about my magic, but this thing really is starting to gnaw on my skin."

"Yeah, let's do that", Laxus grunted. He was feeling really uneasy being in this big city and he couldn't feel the bond. Sure, he could always use his nose to find Freed but it just wasn't the same thing.

"Did Mest give you any adressess?" Ever asked.

"He gave me this", Laxus said pulling out a piece of paper from his pocket. "He said this lady should definitely know how to help us."

"That will be our next stop then", Freed nodded.

After eating they stepped out of Dancing Nope and walked along the street. Felix was more than excited to see more and they were dashing around with Bickslow who was carrying him this time.

"You know", Laxus said as they were walking behind with Freed, stopping sometimes when others wanted to stop and see some stuff that was on display behind windows or something like that. "Have you thought about Lucados?"

Freed snapped his gaze towards Laxus.

"Why would you suddenly bring him up?" he asked, not really comfortable with this topic.

"You know they are keeping him here in Crocus since they captured him three years ago", Laxus said as he kept walking. "Have you thought if you want to go see him?"

"Hasn't even crossed my mind", Freed huffed crossing his arms.

"You're really terrible at lying you know."

"Why are we suddenly talking about him?"

"I just thought that maybe you wanted to see him", Laxus said with a shrug. "Not gonna force you to go see him, but won't blame you either if you want to see him."

Sure, he wasn't happy about the idea of Freed and Lucados meeting but if Freed would want it, he couldn't stop him. He could only be there and support him, making sure Lucados wouldn't try anything.

"It is his own fault that he is in prison now", Freed said with a frown.

"I know, that bastard really deserves it. But I know you're not the kind of a guy who would completely turn his back just like that, Freed. You haven't talked with him ever since that day what happened in the mansion. Dunno, guess I just don't want you to go the rest of your life wondering if you should have gone and tried to talk with him. Even if it might be pointless and no matter what he says, he won't get out."

"And what do you think he wants to say? That he has changed and he wants us to talk more while we still can?"

"Nah, don't think something like that could happen", Laxus grunted. "And if he said something like that, like hell I would believe it. He's not gonna get out of that prison, he's gonna stay there until he dies. And when that happens, would you be okay with not talking him? That day is gonna happen eventually and after that it's too late."

Freed stayed silent, walking beside the Thunder God and looked how Felix was pulling Roscoe along this time, showing him something he saw in the window.

"Would it be completely heartless to not let him know anything about Felix?" the rune mage asked almost silently.

"Can't say. After what he did, no one would blame us for not ever telling that man even the name of his great-grandson."

"I know. And maybe it would be for the best. But..."

"You can never be someone like that, right? That's why I wondered if you had thought about meeting him."

"I would never do something like that without telling you, Laxus", Freed assured quickly.

"I know", Laxus chuckled. "Wasn't blaming you. Don't get me wrong, I really don't like the idea of you two meeting but I hate even more the idea that you might regret it later and feel pain because of it."

"I'm just worried what he might say. And if we would take Felix with us to see him, I would be even more worried about that. He might try to convince Felix to think that we were the ones in fault."

"Like hell that's gonna happen. I'm gonna break his jaw if he even tries to talk shit."

"I know", Freed smiled looking at his fiancé, who looked back. "I'll think about it. I'm happy that you care so much, even though I know how stupid it is to spare even a moment to think about my grandfather anymore."

"He's still your grandfather."

"Yes. Have you thought about seeing Ivan again?" Freed asked and Laxus frowned instantly, but didn't say anything immediately.

"Maybe some day", he grunted finally. "But I'm not gonna let him see Felix. That man is even worse than Lucados."

"I have to agree", Freed nodded. Despite how messed up Lucados might have been, at least he never intented to really hurt Freed or Felix. Ivan was someone who hurt Laxus when he was just a little kid and he would definitely do something bad for Felix as well if he could get his hands on him.

Freed shivered. He would never let that happen. And he knew Laxus would never let that happen as well as Makarov and the whole Fairy Tail. They would protect each other.

"So where the hell is that locksmith anyway?" Laxus grunted looking at the address.

"We have still some way to go, but we will get there", Freed chuckled. "Let's just enjoy what all we see while walking there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 593 35
It all started with a stupid spell. Lucy and Levy were creating a fun new spell but they accidentally cast the spell on a certain green haired rune m...
22.7K 263 15
Y/N = Your name L/N = Last Name H/C = Hair Color E/C = Eye Color ⚠️Contains The Following⚠️ •Sexual Themes & Depiction •Strong & Vulgar language •Us...
108K 4.1K 52
Freed Justine X Reader ♧ Y/n has been searching for her master for years but hasn't found a clue. She is a wizard and member of Fairy Tail. Fri...
74.6K 2.3K 108
A young mage who was hunted in the past for her magic, joins the Fairytail guild as a last resort to her finally finding happiness. Will Fairytail fi...