The Best Mistake | A Draco Ma...

By sab_stories

After the events of the recent wizarding war, Serena Collins had one goal in mind coming back for her final y... More

Prologue
01 - The Meeting
02 - The Deal
03 - The Origins
04 - The Escape
05 - The Patronus
06 - The Reason
07 - The Aftermath
08 - The Glare
09 - The Box
10 - The Burn Out
11 - The Advice
12 - The Glow
13 - The Chill
14 - The Moonlight
15 - The Reply
16 - The Visit
17 - The Past
18 - The Dinner
19 - The Prince of Slytherin
20 - The Platinum Trio
21 - The Letter
22 - The Confrontation
23 - The Common Room
24 - The Three Broomsticks
25 - The Ticket
26 - The Dilemma
27 - The Question
28 - The Valentine's Date
29 - The Miscommunication
30 - The Dinner Party
31 - The Field
32 - The Rumour
33 - The Truth
34 - The Plan
36 - The Broken
37 - The Talk
38 - The Time
39 - The Trial
40 - The Malfoy Manor
41 - The Family Meeting
42 - The Best Mistake
Acknowledgement

35 - The Dress

957 25 29
By sab_stories

It took Pansy and Serena hours to look for the perfect dress. Visiting both magical and muggle shops. It turns out muggles have better taste in fashion compared to the magical folk whose style is still behind.

It was finally the day of the party and Serena went to Pansy's place so they could get ready together.

"I'm a bit nervous, no who am I kidding, I'm extremely nervous" Serena exclaimed, covering her face with her hands

"Oh, would you relax! Once I'm done with you and put on your dress you would feel like a phoenix!" Pansy reassured as she was fixing her friend's hair

"You mean I'm going to burn and die?" asked Serena.

Pansy rolled her eyes, "No, I meant you will rise and be the hottest chick in the room"

Serena closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Okay, you're ready! Take a look!"

"Serena turned around and saw a different person. Pansy did an incredible job on her. Her hair was styled in vintage-style waves, her makeup not too heavy but had a scarlet red lip, matched with her emerald dress that was plain in design but the material was made of silk and it hugged her body. The length was shorter than what she was usually comfortable with and it bared her back. It was a perfect blend of classy and sexy.

"Draco is going to blow his mind once he sees you" Pansy reassured and this time, Serena had a feeling that she was right.

Pansy, Blaise, and Serena arrived together in the Malfoy Manor where the event was being held. The usually dark and gloomy manor was now lit and buzzing with all the guests. The ballroom was already packed upon entering. Not long after they arrived Theo saw and approached them. 

"Took you guys long enough," He said

"When you're getting ready with two girls, I'm surprised we even at least made it," Blaise told Theo.

"Of course it does, all this takes time and you love it" Pansy gave Blaise a side-eye.

"You do look incredibly beautiful my love" Blaise took Pansy's hand and kissed it. Serena can't help but feel happy for her two friends. At least they were in love and happy.

"I hate being here without Luna" Serena heard Theo mumble when he saw Blaise and Pansy, and it also warmed her heart how Theo has changed so much.

"Hey, Pansy can you please come with me to the loo?" Serena asked

"Didn't you just went before we left??" Pansy asked

"Yes, but I pee a lot when I'm nervous"

When the girls left, Blaise turned to Theo and asked  him, "Where is he?"

"Last I saw him was in his bedroom. He doesn't want to go out which is a shame since I know how much this event is important to him"

"You think it's because of Serena?" Blaise asked

"Oh I know it's because of her" 

"This is bad. He's acting like his old self again"

"I know, but what can we do? The only person who can do anything about it is having tiny bladder issues"

Blaise rolled his eyes, "Come on, let's go look for him"

"Where are they?" Serena asked when she and Pansy returned to the spot where they left Blaise and Theo.

"Maybe they went on to get some food. You want some?" Pansy asked and Serena nodded.

Not long after, there was an announcement for the Slytherins to gather by the foyer and on the stairs were the elders and some of the most notable Pureblood Slytherins. They talked about what Draco has told Serena before they fought, plans about redemption and wanting to have a new reputation. The crowd cheered and smiles were on everyone's faces, even Serena's. It was nice to see everyone wanting to get rid of the reputation of Slytherins being the home of only bad witches and wizards.

The crowd dispersed and the party went on even livelier than before. Serena couldn't help but look around, it was his house but Draco was nowhere to be found. 

"Pansy, I need to go again, I'll be right back," Serena told her friend

"Do you want me to come with?"

"No, I'm alright. I already know where it is"

When Serena was out of earshot Pansy turned to Blaise, "Well?"

"Before the meeting started he was still in his room. His mother is not happy with how immature he's been acting especially since they're the host. She went inside his room while we were there and she asked us what's wrong with him but we didn't say" Blaise explained.

"You think he's still there?" Pansy asked

"I don't know, Theo went to check" replied Blaise and then he saw his friend walking over to their table, "Oh there you are"

"He's not there anymore," said Theo

"Well at least he went out of his cave already or else all our efforts in making Serena look hot will all be for naught," said Pansy

Meanwhile, when Serena went out of the loo she bumped into the person she never thought would come face to face to this evening.

They just looked at each other for Merlin knows how long until one of them finally spoke. 

"Good evening" she greeted.

"Good evening, Astoria" Serena greeted back with the same cool tone

Astoria said nothing more and walked passed Serena, but after a few steps, she called after her. "Can we talk outside?" Serena asked and Astoria nodded.

When they were in the gardens they didn't look at each other but straight ahead. 

"What do you want to talk about?" Astoria asked when Serena didn't say anything.

Still, without looking at her Serena said, "You look very pretty tonight"

"Thanks" was all Astoria replied, not even a compliment back and Serena wasn't sure if she expected one from her. She had to admit that her compliment was genuine. Her hair looked like chocolate swirls, she was in a silver dress with a sweetheart neckline that hugged her body even tighter than her dress and wondered if she could even breathe through that.

"Is that why you called me here? To compliment me? that seems odd" Astoria crossed her arms, facing Serena.

"No, I asked you here because you kissed my boyfriend, Astoria" Serena faced her too, her voice was still calm and controlled

Astoria's eyes widened and Serena saw a spark in her eye. She knew Astoria was a nice girl but she knew how competitive she was. And this, for her was a big and important competition. After all, it is Draco on the line.

"And you're sure it's not him who kissed me?" Astoria challenged, and when Serena just smiled she added, "Is he even still your boyfriend?"

"What are you trying to do Astoria?" Serena asked.

"Nothing,  I'm simply asking. You and Draco haven't been seen together since our shared kiss. We spent three days together might not be just a kiss we shared" Astoria shrugged.

Serena was getting annoyed, she was trying to vex her. Astoria wanted Serena to get angry and make a scene to humiliate herself and gain Draco's attention but instead of shouting at her or attacking, she laughed. Serena laughed. And that made Astoria's ears go hot.

"Really? You don't think it's true? Ask anyone who was with us during that time and they'd tell you how close Draco and I were, Inseperable even! You and Draco aren't meant for each other!" It was Astoria's voice who was getting louder

"And why not?" Serena asked

"He's meant to be with me. Both of us are purebloods, if we are to be together we would be the most influential couple. Even our parents want us to be together! The things we could do, our power as a couple could even help the whole purpose of this party!" Astoria started pointing a finger towards Serena, "You're just a muggle-born Collins, you're no match for Draco" 

"No, she's not" came a voice from the shadows. Both of the witches turned to see Draco emerging from the tall bushes.

"Excuse me?" Serena asked him in surprise and Astoria was smiling.

"Draco, it seems you've finally made the right decision," Astoria said.

"Yes, I have and it's clear. Serena has never been a match for me because she is too good for me. But even though, I still want to be with her. Life with her is fun and amazing" And just like that Astoria's smile disappeared.

"If I were with you Astoria, life would be absolutely dreadful and boring"

"But Draco I--we--"

"Leave. And if you ever dare point your fingers towards Serena again, I won't hesitate to break them and you won't ever cast a spell in your life" Draco threatened and Astoria left with tears on her eyes.

Draco slowly turned around to look at Serena and up close she was even more perfect. When he stepped out of his room he saw Serena from a distance heading somewhere and he just had to follow her. He even forgot that they were fighting, he just wanted to see her clearly. But when he caught up to her, Serena and Astoria were already looking like they were about to duel right there in his hall

He wanted to listen to their conversation so he followed them outside and hid behind a tall bush. When Astoria suggested they did something more thank kiss he was already stepping out of his hiding place to interfere but then heard Serena laugh. 

What a mad and peculiar woman. A woman he was desperately in love with.

"You look breathtaking" He complimented, and he was happy to see her flushed face. It only meant that his words still had some effect on her. But even so, her eyes were still angry, she still looks hurt and disappointed which pained him.

"I hope you didn't believe a word Greengrass said about something that happened between us," Draco said as he stepped closer.

"I don't" She replied crossing her arms.

"I like what you did with your hair" Draco stepped closer again.

"Pansy did it"

"And your lips, they're perfect", he took another step closer.

"The shade is called Russian Red"

"And you're dress..." Draco was already too close, his body just inches from hers. They could feel both of each other's body heat radiating from one another. Draco leaned towards Serena's ears and whispered, "Is murderously tempting".

Serena felt shivers spreading through her spine. She was still mad at him of course but he too looked ruggedly handsome in his suit. They looked into each other's eyes and like an undeniable force, their lips crashed into one another.

Oh, how they missed each other's touch and each other's taste. Feeling Serena's bare back was driving him insane. It would only take a simple pull of the tiny straps to get her dress undone. He missed her so much he wanted to feel her everywhere.

"Draco, wait" Serena pulled back and for Draco, it literally felt like his breath was sucked out of him. He didn't want to suffocate so he pulled her back in and gave her another deep kiss.

Serena pulled away again, "Draco, you'll ruin my lipstick!" She scolded before he would pull her back again, "Besides, if you haven't realized, we are snogging in your mother's garden!"

"That's even sexier!" Draco argued

"You are insufferable! Have you forgotten that I am furious with you?!" Serena was trying so hard not to make her voice too loud since she didn't want to cause a scene.

"Yes, you are unjustifiably furious with me. Like I said, it wasn't my fault! I did nothing wrong!" Draco countered

Serena felt like exploding with Draco's answer, "Unjustifiably?! You did nothing wrong?! Is that really what you think?"

Draco wouldn't back down, "yes! I told you the truth! Honestly, Serena, you're making this a big deal out of nothing. You're being overly dramatic and it's not a very nice trait"

 Serena was now just dumbfounded, "Oooh, Draco Malfoy you are an idiot! a total, complete, utter, massive pain in the arse! You are just impossible and incorrigible! I just hate you right now! I don't want to see you ever again!" 

Serena turned around and walk away. She heard Draco ask, "What?!" and she turned around her eyes filled with rage. "We're through, Draco," she said and then she apparated away.

There seemed to be a ringing in Draco's ear. He could have sworn tonight was the night they make up especially with their kiss earlier. He stood there feeling nothing, feeling empty. He felt so empty he could have sworn his heart stopped beating.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 237 35
The war is over. This is a time for new beginnings. This is the time for redemption. When Draco Malfoy receives his letter, he knows he has to go bac...
435 4 10
"The thing you need to understand about Draco Malfoy, is that he was fighting his own war, and he was very good at losing." ** What happens when a Ha...
27.8K 529 61
Haley Snape finally gets to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry although against her so called "fathers" wishes. But the two will do an...
26.5K 1.5K 10
[COMPLETED] You're a Gryffindor who gets along with everybody. With everybody but Draco Malfoy. He is always bullying Harry Potter, your best friend...