A Touch Of Sin [BxB]

LaurenJ22 által

Two boys, one secret, and a whole load of chemistry. ... Több

Author's Note
CAST
※※ P A R T O N E | 1. ※※
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
DOWNRIGHT DELINQUENTS: A Chapter Interactive Game
18.
19.
While you wait...
Jakob Haze - Session One - 14.06.2019 - 10am
21.
Callum Browning - Session One - 14.06.2019 - 11am
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
T R A I L E R
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39 | Final Chapter
※※ P A R T T W O | 1. ※※
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
BOOK RECZ ⚡️⚡️
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
Reader/Writer Discord Chat + Other News
34.
35.
36.
37 (Final Chapter)

20.

26.4K 1.1K 1K
LaurenJ22 által

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent in amazing covers. I love looking at them, you're all so talented. Does anyone do character banners? We could get some reaaaaal hot ones up in here.

Cover By - wiredtobeweird <3

"Since when has your life become so exciting?" Katryn asks with a quirked eyebrow and a smirk on her lips. "This is great." I flicker my eyes to her, giving her a deadpan expression. "Not for you, really, but for me."

"Thanks."

"Seriously though, Rhett sounds really nice. And super hot."

"He is," I nod.

"But you don't like him like you like Jake."

That's because I love Jake.

"I never said that," I argue.

"You don't have to," she says sadly, touching her hand to my shoulder. "I wish you did, though, Rhett is better for you."

"I never said otherwise!"

"You don't think Rhett is a little boring?" she pushes, her eyebrows so high they're practically in her hair line. "No fights, no drama, no passion?"

I roll my eyes. "We've been on one date and I had a great time."

"Okay, fine, I'll leave it. But we both know it's Jake that has your heart, that's all I'm saying."

"You're meant to be saying, go for Rhett, Callum, he's nice."

"You don't keep me around to lie to you," she loops her arm with mine and rests her head on my shoulder for a few moments, before our walking causes her to straighten up again.

"True. How's things with Grant? Did you see him over the weekend?"

"Yeah, he came over for a Harry Potter marathon on Saturday night," she grins. "We made it through half of the first movie before we got... distracted."

"Oh really? So, what does this mean?"

She shrugs, blowing out a breath. "No idea. I tried to fish for details but he shut me down."

"That's Grant for you," I sigh. "Want me to talk to him?"

She shakes her head. "Not yet, I'm happy to continue what we're doing now and see how it plays out."

"Probably a good call."

"So, back to Jake. Kind of bad ass how he beat up Rhett," she takes her bottom lip between her teeth. "Pretty hot. In a possessive, bad boy kind of way. Also messed up and, um, just really mean. But still hot."

"I don't appreciate him punching my dates," I huff. "He has no right."

"This is breaking my heart, Cal. Rhett is a little hottie, but he's not the hottie we want."

I let out a breathy laugh.

"It's breaking my heart, too, Kat. Not my choice he acts like this."

"I say we avoid the main area of school and go straight to class, yeah? Keep you out of trouble?"

"You sound like Ma."

I don't resist the idea. Getting myself suspended before first class probably isn't the best to have on my record. Kat launches into a story about an awkward experience between her and Grant, which I am listening to, but tune out when my eyes focus on him. He's seated on a table off to the side. Jacinta and Alice are there, but at the opposite end of the table. He's talking to a guy in the year below us. I'm glad Guy and Jack aren't there, because it could turn messy, very quick.

Breaking away from Kat while she's mid-sentence, I stride towards him, fury exploding inside me.

"Cal!" Kat shrieks and I hear her Dr Martens slapping on the concrete as she rushes after me.

He hasn't noticed me yet. He's casually eating an apple while the boy in front of him describes something in lucid detail, using hand actions and all.

I slap the apple straight from his hand and shove him roughly back so that he falls over the edge of the table, scraping his hands on the cement. Shocked gasps come from the girls and the guy who was talking yelps, leaping out of the way.

Jake let's out a hiss of pain but he recovers quickly. He stares down at the blood on his hands, before looking to me.

"You heard, then?" he asks calmly.

"Yeah, he came back in," I spit. "And stayed."

His face pales as he realises what he did backfired. I want to throw more at him, but I don't have the patience to talk right now. I throw my hands out, pushing him again.

"Fuck you for going," he barks at me suddenly and I pause, shocked that he wants to talk about this with an audience, but also the raw pain in his voice. His eyes are blood shot, under his eyes looking bruised from lack of sleep.

I scoff. "You can't be serious."

Silence is thick and heavy, embedded around us. We've gathered a crowd, everyone eager to see what's going on.

"I wouldn't have done that to you," his voice is low now.

"But you were going to," I snap, not bothering to match his quietness. "Which is what started this."

"I'm not going to apologise for that or for what I did," he takes a step, getting up in my face, his lips in a flat line. His eyes are a hypnotising storm – dark, swirling and angry. "In fact, if you ever see him again," his voice has dropped low, so low that I would be the only one who heard that part, which makes me even angrier. "I'll do it again."

My fists strikes out and I hit his jaw. He expected it. He knew I would do it. He doesn't fall back. He stumbles, but uses the increased distance to launch himself at me. He wraps his arms around my waist, tackling me to the ground. Katryn screams while others shout, egging us on. The background noise fades as adrenaline spikes through my veins.

I battle to get out from under him. He slams his elbow into my chest and I choke for breath, the wind completely knocked out of me. I bring my knee up, connecting it with him. He jerks, a snarl tearing from his lips. It's the opportunity I needed. I flatten him onto his back and sock my fist into his nose. Blood spurts onto my hands and down his face.

He smacks his hand up, connecting with my chin. My head snaps back and I fall off him, before he's on me again, his hands going for my throat. Our bodies are a blur, my mind barely keeping up with our movements. I take a page from his book, slamming my fist into his stomach. He yells out and I shove him once more, getting one more punch in, before my shirt is reefed back with force.

The Principal is there between us, his hands out.

"Enough!" he bellows, his voice pregnant with authority and anger.

I struggle to catch my breath, my chest rising, my hands burning. Jake looks a lot worse than me, blood dripping down his face, staining his shirt.

"Both of you to the office. Now!" he commands.

My mouth feels thick with saliva. Jake must feel the same because he spits at the ground with aggression, glowering at me. Our stare is charged with pure fire. The air is crackling around us. Everyone must feel it. It's obvious there's something here – the passion and heat is literally sizzling around us.

I finally tear my eyes from him. There're so many people gathered. Much more than I realised. Mouths wide open, eyes round. I suppose I've never been like this – I'm always casual and calm. Jake has changed everything.

People step away when I near them, creating a path for me. I look to the ground. Jake's blood drips from my hands, splattering across the cement. The further I walk, the less adrenaline pumps through me. Pain begins to form all over my body, where I hit the ground, where Jake fists made contact. By the time I reach the office, I want to curl up in a ball and die. Everywhere is sore. I hunch over in my seat, burying my head.

I wish he didn't get to me. This thing between us is going to destroy me.

***

"Callum Harold Browning!" My mother snarls as she storms into the office, her hands flailing above her head.

I wince. "Don't bring my middle name into this."

"We talked about this," she hisses with narrowed eyes before a heavy sigh escapes her. She appears tired. She sags into the chair beside me. She covers half her face.

"Mrs Browning?" Principal Harris, our new Principal, greets Ma. "Hi. I don't believe we've met."

"I wish it was under better circumstances," she flickers her eyes to me.

"I'm going to jump straight into it. Callum has an excellent academic record, not a speck wrong with it. I understand there was a hard time with your family a couple years ago... it doesn't appear to have disadvantaged Callum in any way, but with this, it's so out of character. Teachers have made a few comments about Callum not paying attention in class as much as usual, wandering the halls during class time, being distracted..."

"Sir, if I may, having an off week or two shouldn't be dissected like this. We all burn out a little. I don't think bringing up the fact that my dad burned alive is really relevant," I interject. "I did a bad thing. I was provoked. I knew it was wrong, I did it anyway. Can we just hand out the punishment? I don't need to be psychoanalysed."

Ma clears her throat, which is her signal to shut up and I sigh, sinking down into my chair.

Principal Harris purses his lips for a moment. His eyes feel heavy on me, before he moves back to Ma.

"Has Callum received any grief counselling, since the incident?"

"For Christ sake," I mutter.

Ma simply looks perplexed. "Grief counselling?"

He nods. "Yes. We recommend all students to counselling after a traumatic event like that."

"Even if it was three years ago?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

"An event like that is mentally scarring, Callum. PTSD is a very serious mental illness."

"Now you're saying I'm mentally ill?" I exclaim. "Because I punched a kid who deserved it?"

"Callum, that's not what he meant," Ma says gently, looking concerned. She turns her attention back to Principal Harris. "Do you recommend that for Callum? Like he said, after all this time?"

"I believe his behaviour is on a decline and it wouldn't hurt for him to talk to someone about it. I'm aware his sister is no longer around, yes?"

Ma's eyebrows furrow. "Correct, but I'm still here."

"But you work and have a lot going on yourself, Mrs Browning. All we're saying is, good kids don't suddenly act out for no reason. Callum is suspended – there's no way he can't be after the scene he caused this morning. But I am also going to suggest he have some counselling before he returns. In fact, I insist," he says the words assertively and a little emotionlessly, in my opinion. It's taking all my self-control not storm out of this office. I can't believe the way he's twisted this. "Perhaps the week he has off, something can be organised."

I can't tell what Ma is feeling. She looks hurt, concerned and a little angry, all in one. She nods.

"Of course. If that's what you feel is the best for this situation."

Suck up.

"I really do. We have pulled some names we of Doctors we recommend," he continues, barely glancing in my direction as he hands Ma the pamphlet.

"Okay. Anything else?" Ma asks curtly, getting to her feet, running her hands down her skirt.

"No," he shakes his head, but turns to me. "Don't make this a habit, Callum. I won't be so generous next time."

"This is you being generous?" I retort with a scoff.

His eyebrow twitches and the corner of his mouth darts down, before his over-the-top smile is back in place.

"I'll see you in a week, Callum."

"Can't wait," I remark sarcastically.

Ma gives me a sharp look as we exit. When we walk out into the office, Jake is sitting in the waiting room, an ice pack up to his face. We lock eyes as I pass him. His lips twist into a smirk and he lowers the ice. His eyes flash with something – admiration, lust, longing? Gosh, he is mental. It drives me crazy. When Ma looks forward, his smirk turns into a smile.

I love you, he mouths.

My feet trip over the other. I blink at him. Surely, I misunderstood. He can't have mouthed that to me.

"Callum," Ma hisses at me. "Now."

Jake's grin is wild. I shake my head and continue to follow Ma out of the office.

I honestly don't know how after everything, that was exactly what I wanted to hear.

***

I thought Ma would be a bit cool about it all when we got home, but I assumed wrong. I've had to clean basically the entire house, do a list of jobs outside and a bunch of other bullshit jobs she can think of that she knows I won't enjoy.

"I don't want you involved with that boy anymore," she says to me, for the fifth time, storming into the kitchen like a huge rain cloud on what started as a sunny day. "I'm serious. You're changing too much. Suspended? Fights?"

I don't bother arguing, she's too riled up. She begins muttering under her breath, banging pots around obnoxiously, before huffing and leaving the kitchen again. I glance to Charlie, who looks up with his big, dark eyes.

"You're lucky. You get to just hang out all day and eat biscuits," I say to him.

He comes over and flops beside me on the floor. I drop to a squat and rub his belly.

"Don't get a boyfriend. They're way too complicated," I tell him.

I'm on my last cupboard, having pulled everything out and wiped the interior, when Ma comes stomping back in, still in her bad mood.

"Tomorrow, 11am. Dr Martin, over at the central shopping centre," she slaps the card down onto the counter. "Anything to say about that?"

I lean back onto the cupboard. "I don't have an issue about talking to someone. Probably should have, after everything. I just don't think linking an issue I have with Jake back to my dad dying was the best solution."

She blinks at me. She hates when I do this – sound so 'wise and smart'. Her harsh lines soften and she sighs.

"Is this my fault?"

"No."

"I've been going out a lot and not paying attention."

"Ma," I say, yanking my rubber gloves off and discarding them to the side, trying not to wince in the process. They're feeling stiff and sore from this morning. "Don't let him get in your head. Jake went after Rhett, so I went after him. It's as simple as that."

Her eyes moisten and she swipes at them. "I don't want you to go downhill, Callum. You're... you're my best friend. I don't want to fight with you. I don't want things to get bad."

"They won't," I assure her, pulling her to me. I'm taller than her now, so she's short enough to bury her head into my chest. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

She sniffles, stepping back. "You can finish up after that cupboard."

"Thanks."

"But no Xbox for the week."

I don't play very much anyway, but I nod. "That's fair."

"Okay," she mumbles, wiping her cheek as she walks away.

My phone begins to ring. I answer it.

"Hey sis."

"What the heck is going on?" she bursts. "Mum sent me a message."

"You got time?" I exhale. "It's a long story."

"Tell me everything."

So, I do.

-------------------

Thoughts?

Instagram: laurenj_22

Snapchat: laurenj_22

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

9.6K 564 18
[BoyXBoy] - Not-Quite-16 year old Hayden Davis finds himself seeking shelter in the Arizona desert with his mom after his dad's deportation and the f...
Lovesick UnknownNumber által

Ifjúsági irodalom

107 5 10
Justin Cameron is a good kid, when he lands in detention he meets Jacob Harris. Jacob is the opposite of him, he's rebellious and is known as the sch...
2.1K 60 47
Sydney Summers is your typical teenager- kinda depressed, hates almost everything about himself- but with a twist. He's gay. And after a bad experien...
746 82 12
Ian and Julian, BFFs for the longest, end up in a mess after a tipsy make-out session sort- of wild night, which turns their world upside down. Majo...