Ecdysiast || PJM ๐Ÿ”ž

By yoongwiyomi

Lee Jiwon, the girl that Park Jimin secretly crushes on, is a nerd by day and a stripper by night. No one kno... More

Ecdysiast
Chapter 1: His Mission
Chapter 2: How to Make a Nerd Like You
Chapter 3: She Likes Who?!
Chapter 4: Friends... For Now
Chapter 5: Her Day and Night
Chapter 6: Lingeries
Chapter 7: Not What You Think I Am
Chapter 8: You Can't Like Me
Chapter 9: Give Up
Chapter 10: Who She Is
Chapter 11: Accepted
Chapter 12: Worth It
Chapter 13: Little Crush
Chapter 14: Witnessed by the Universe
Chapter 15: I Want You (M)
Chapter 16: Only Exception
Chapter 17: Jealous
Chapter 18: In Return (M)
Chapter 19: Sexy Angel
Chapter 20: Sexy Chef
Chapter 21: Sure of One Thing (M)
Chapter 22: Extra Service (M)
Chapter 23: Graduates
Chapter 24: Words Left Unsaid (M)
Chapter 25: Minmin & Wonwon
Chapter 26: Bad News
Chapter 27: Unfortunate
Chapter 28: Chance
Chapter 29: Her Decision
Chapter 30: With You
Chapter 31: I Love You, Good Bye (M)
Chapter 32: Without You
Chapter 33: Negative
Chapter 34: Broken Him
Chapter 35: Truth
Chapter 36: Broken Her
Chapter 37: Reunion to Death
Chapter 39: Back Home
Chapter 40: Fuck Me, Heal Me (M)
Chapter 41: Not the Right Time
Chapter 42: Dead End
Chapter 43: Advice from the Past
Chapter 44: The Big Revelation
Chapter 45: Comeback
Chapter 46: So Far Away
Chapter 47: Never Enough
Chapter 48: Always & Forever (M)
Chapter 49: Strength from the Past (M)
Chapter 50: Unwanted Blessing
Chapter 51: One Family
Chapter 52: Hearts as One 'til Eternity
EPILOGUE (Part 1)
EPILOGUE (Part 2, M)

Chapter 38: Letting Her Go

2.6K 101 27
By yoongwiyomi

Expecting for herself to fall, Jiwon felt that there were strong arms that wrapped around her waist to prevent her from falling. She heard the shaky and heavy breathing of the person behind her but she kept her eyes closed. She doesn't know the person behind her, but she lets the person stop her from falling as if it made her wake up from another stupid decision that she was about to do.

"Hey, baby," the boy behind him whispered using a shaking voice from the fear of losing her. He was so worried after seeing her almost falling down but luckily he was fast enough to run to her, hug her, and stop her from ending her life.

Jiwon felt her tears slowly flow down her eyes. The familiar warmth and voice of the man behind her made her tensed body relax and her mind that was filled with different emotions and thoughts to calm. "Please tell me that I'm not dreaming," she whispered sadly, wishing that the voice that she was hearing wasn't a hallucination.

"No, baby, you are not." Jimin decided to lift her up and bring her back inside the safe area. He hugged her tight. "You scared me." He placed a kiss on her forehead. "I need you and I love you, always remember that." Jiwon cried in the arms of the man that she truly loves but she realized the reality she was in, making her push him away.

"You won't love me anymore." She smiled sadly. "I can't be with you because you deserve the best, Jimin."

Jimin was once again confused. He doesn't understand anything that she's saying.

"Jiwon!" A panting Chanyeol appeared in the scene after searching for her as he had learned what happened inside Dawon's room where both Mr. Lee and Dawon were left worried for her. He was just going to check Dawon, but he saw Mr. Lee and Dawon crying.

He immediately pulled Jiwon into a hug, happy to see her safe and sound. He promised to help her fix herself but he failed. He felt bad, but he was glad that Jiwon is fine.

The rooftop became her favorite place to go to when she wants to think and that's where Chanyeol would always find her, sitting on the benches or leaning forward on the railings so drowned deeply in her thoughts ㅡ in her own world of pain and agony ㅡ as the wind blew her long hair. It's a beautiful sight to see, but he was always aware that her thoughts were dark and ugly which was an exact opposite of how wonderful she looked while she's deep into her thoughts.

Jimin's heart felt as if it was stabbed by multiple times as he sees another man hugging Jiwon in front of him. Jiwon smiled but Jimin can tell how fake it was. He knows, because he has seen her slowly come out of the wall that she built around herself for protection when they met. "I'm okay," she lied and hugged Chanyeol back as if trying to explain Jimin the situation with it.

They pulled away from each other. "Please guard Dawon for me. I'll just have a talk with my friend," she told Chanyeol, referring to Jimin as her friend.

Chanyeol looked at Jimin and he just gave him a fake smile. Jimin was hurt, but he doesn't want to show it to Jiwon's new found lover. "Hey man. I'm Dr. Park Chanyeol, Jiwon's boyfriend," he introduced, stabbing another dagger in Jimin's heart. "Jiwon must be a special friend to you," he commented, noticing his swollen eyes.

"I'm Jimin," he plainly introduced, shaking hands with Chanyeol.

"Please take care of Jiwon," Chanyeol gently smiled. "I'll be in my clinic if you need anything, babe. You can stay there after talking with Jimin." He kissed her forehead.

"You're not coming home?" Jiwon asked, worried. Chanyeol hasn't been resting well enough lately due to his daily operations from different patients. "I can't. But I promise we'll go out after I'm free. Take care of yourself, hmm?" He lightly pinched her cheek.

When Chanyeol left, Jiwon sighed and looked at Jimin who's now crying out the pain he was feeling. "So it's him?" Jimin asked.

"Jimin, Iㅡ"

"Since when, Jiwon?" Jimin felt his body burn in anger but he needed the explanation that he deserves after nights of being unable to sleep just because he was thinking of different reasons as to why she left him for another.

"A week before you came back from Japan," Jiwon started crying, avoiding her eyes from looking into his as she bit her bottom lip. She's breaking again, but now she's seeing Jimin also breaking in front of her. She's the worst person for letting an angel cry and she keeps on telling that to herself.

"You were cheating on me?" Jimin sadly laughed. "Was I not enough?"

Jiwon shook her head. "You're more than enough," she sobbed, balling her hands into fists in anger towards herself. She felt ashamed.

"Then why?" Jimin's voice cracked. "Why did you leave me and cheat? I thought you're different from the others but Jiwon, you just madeㅡ"

"Because I was desperate, okay?!" She raised her voice. "I was robbed, I lost our apartment, the club closed, and I spent all of the money that I saved just for Dawon's treatment and your company was going down and I didn't want to become a burden to you." She sobbed, biting her lip harshly. "I was vulnerable and Chanyeol came, offering me the world and I fell for it."

"Burden?" Jimin softened after knowing the reason behind everything. He felt upset. "You will never be a burden to me, Jiwon." He cupped her cheeks gently, using his thumb to caress her soft skin and to wipe her tears. "From the start, I knew that no matter what happens, you will choose to do the responsibilities and obligations that you have as Dawon's only guardian and I prepared myself to be your provider. I know you didn't want me to help, but I was always waiting for you to ask me, Jiwon, because no matter how strong you are, you still have a weak spot that can break you down and whenever that happens, I prepared myself to be that pillow for you to cry on and to hold on."

Jiwon remained silent, her heart racing so fast because of the familiar warmth that Jimin was always making her feel. She's quietly listening to his words and she's regretting her stupid decisions but being able to hear Jimin caring for him as always, it makes her just want to melt in his arms and be with him forever. "You're a strong woman and I admire you so much because of that. You're amazing, okay, and you will never become a burden to me. "

"I'm so sorry, Jimin," she apologized, feeling ashamed of herself. "I'm sorry for hurting you. I justㅡ I don't deserve you. You're an angel."

"Maybe I am an angel that was sent from heaven to heal you?" Jimin softly smiled, using his other hand to cup her other cheek. He wiped her tears even if they were continuously flowing. "Shh, don't cry anymore. Everything will be okay."

"I wish it will," she sadly smiled. "But I'm not okay. I feel so scattered." She pulled her face away from his warm hands. "I'm a burden, Jimin. I will always be. I'm not needed by anyone. Dawon already has our father, and Iㅡ you don't need a slut; a gold digger like me. I'm a slutㅡa cheap whore."

"Jiㅡ" she lays a finger on Jimin's lips, stopping him from talking as she shook her head. "Stop lying to me. I'm not important. I was never important to begin with." She bitterly laughed but she immediately cuts Jimin before he could even utter a word, pressing her finger on his lip even harder.

"I'm tired," she said, finally pulling her finger away. She sadly smiled at him and gave him a hug, suddenly feeling her body getting heavier as each second pass and her vision getting darker. "But I'm happy," her voice cracked as she's turning even weaker. "I'm happy to see you again, Minmin." Her embrace loosened from Jimin as she lost her conciousness. He immediately caught her small frame in his arms. She lost a lot of weight base on how he remembers her weight when he carried her back when they were still together.

Panicking, Jimin quickly ran back inside the hospital to search for help.

***

"How is she?" Mr. Lee asked worriedly after the doctor was done checking on Jiwon and running some tests to her.

Chanyeol and Jimin remained, especially Chanyeol who hasn't been sleeping and just came out from an operation.

"Has she ever been sick before? Like a serious one?" The doctor asked and the three of them shook their heads.

"Is there something wrong?" Mr. Lee got even more nervous because of the doctor's question.

"Dehydration and fatigue caused her to lose conciousness. Perhaps she hasn't been eating for days and base on our findings, there were abnormalities that were seen on her brain. To ensure, we still need to run a psychiatric evaluation to her to make sure about the details regarding her mental health. May I know if some of you found some symptoms of depression while being with her? For example is probably her change of mood?" The doctor looked at Chanyeol for answers but he wasn't able to say anything.

Jimin answered with a question instead. "Attempting suicide is, isn't it?" He asked, shocking both Chanyeol and Mr. Lee. "Well, it is." The doctor nodded and gave Jimin a look which was asking for further explanation.

"She almost killed herself earlier but I was able to stop her."

"Jimin, what happened?" Mr. Lee panicked. His heart shattered. He's blaming himself so much for being the real reason behind Jiwon's suffering. It's his fault for hurting his little girl and leaving her at a very young age.

"She almost jumped off the rooftop." Jimin sadly informed, remembering the feeling of fear that he felt while seeing her almost taking her life away.

"I'm sorry to hear that." The doctor cleared her throat. "The best thing to do for her is to be by her side. Never mention anything that can make her feel sad and never show pity to her condition. Treat her normally but make her even happier. She needs all of you the most right now."

"We understand," they said in unison.

"She's still asleep but you can come inside." The doctor excused herself before she left.

Mr. Lee felt his tears pour after seeing his daughter looking so pale and weak while laying down the bed with small tubes connected to her veins. "My daughter," he whispered, gently caressing Jiwon's hair. "This is all my fault. I'm so sorry." He apologized as if she will hear him. "Just please let appa make it up to you when you wake up. I love you so much, sweetie."

"Jimin," Chanyeol called, making Jimin look up at him since Chanyeol was taller. "Let's have a talk." He went outside the room and Jimin followed.

Outside the room stood both Jimin and Chanyeol. As a matter of fact, they were both hurting not only because of Jiwon's condition but also because they were seeing each other. Jimin was hurting because standing before him was Jiwon's boyfriend and Chanyeol was hurting because the man standing before him was the person that Jiwon truly loves.

"I know that you're not just any friend of Jiwon. You're her ex." Chanyeol started. "You are the ex and I'm her boyfriend..." he bitterly chuckled, "... but she loves you and not me."

Jimin bit his lip, feeling somehow sad for Chanyeol. "Dude, I'm soㅡ"

"It's okay," he cuts him and he sadly smiled. "I know everything but I still hoped that maybe she can forget you and love me back one day." He sighed. "I honestly really love her even if she only used me for Dawon's treatment. And if I'm going to be honest, she made me feel special unlike my pasts. Even if not romantically, she made me feel loved and important."

He crossed his arms and sadly, he looked at Jimin. "I promised the world to her and I promised to help her fix herself but I wasn't able to do so. She's depressed and maybe this is the time for me to do the right thing and fulfill my promise to her." Jimin was confused that's why he waited for Chanyeol to continue. "I'm giving her back to you because I know that it will make her happy." He genuinely smiled. "She's a nice woman and I hope that you won't hate her just because she chose to be with me due to certain circumstances," and after that, he immediately walked away as tears started flowing down his eyes. Chanyeol does love her, but he was fully aware that Jiwon will never be completely happy with him. Even if it hurts, he will do the right thing. At least, being able to help her was enough and he just hopes that she will never forget him.

***

A soft groan escaped her lips when the ray of sunlight hits her eyes, making her look away from the direction where it was coming from and looked on the other side where Chanyeol was silently watching her. He's staring at her for the last time and as much as it hurts to think of it that way, he needs to accept it because it will be the last time that he will see her.

Jimin was actually out of town for business but he will return later afternoon immediately after his meeting that's why Chanyeol was left guarding Jiwon.

Chanyeol smiled at her as she opened her eyes and she smiled back. Slowly, she sat up and Chanyeol immediatley helped her. "How do you feel?" He asked.

"Good," she weakly smiled. "But I'm kind of hungry."

He chuckled. "You've been asleep for three days."

"Really?"

"Yup." Chanyeol stood up to get the bowl of some sliced fruits in the refridgerator. "Here, eat these fruits to bring back your strength."

Just by looking at the different colors of the sliced fruits in front of her made her mouth water in hunger. She wasn't expecting for fruits as her meal but it doesn't matter anymore because she's really hungry.

"How's Dawon?" Jiwon asked. "He's doing okay." He answered, making Jiwon smile.

Chanyeol just watched her secretly as she devours on the bowl of fruits until she finished them all. He sighed, finally gaining the courage to talk to her about the decision that he made three days ago. "You know that I love you, right?" He asked, making Jiwon look at him in confusion.

"I know everything." He started, making her even more confused.

He sadly smiled. "I know that you were desperate to save Dawon that's why you're with me. Jimin..." he sighed, "And until now, Jimin is still the one that you love. I know it all but I still hoped that you can love me."

Jiwon felt upset. He knew everything but he was hoping. "IㅡI'm sorry," she apologized.

"It's okay." Chanyeol gently held her hand. "I thought of your situation and tried putting myself into your shoes. I understand. I would have done the same thing if I were you."

She started crying, feeling upset about hurting such a great person like Chanyeol. "You don't deserve what I did to you. You should be mad at me but you're not." She sniffed. "I'm such a bad person. I'm useless, a burdenㅡ" she started hitting herself, making Chanyeol stand up and hold her wrists to stop her from hurting herself.

"Hey, hey," he cooed, calming her down. He then cupped her face and caressed her cheek using his right thumb. "You are not a bad person because you did it for Dawon's sake. You did it because you wanted to save the only family that you had with you. You're not bad, you just did something not right for the good of others." He warmly smiled at her.

"You're a really great person, Chanyeol. I may not have loved you romantically, but I did love you as a good friend of mine."

Chanyeol gently smiled. "I'm glad to hear that."

"I'm just really sorry for hurting you. You deserve better, Chanyeol. You deserve someone that will love you as much as you will love her. It's not me, but I know that she's just somewhere waiting for the right time."

Chanyeol nodded as he lets go of her face. "I'll be waiting for her then." He could no longer hold back his tears. Like river, they flowed down from his eyes as his heart felt as if it was being squeezed. "I'm giving you back to Jimin because I know that he's the only person that can help you get fixed again."

Jiwon nodded. "Thank you. I'll never forget you, Chanyeol. I'm very grateful of being able to meet such an amazing person like you. But I just don't think that still deserve to be happy after what I did."

He shook his head, disagreeing with what she just said. "Everyone deserves a second chance and we all deserve to be happy. Never deprive yourself of happiness. You must learn to forgive and forget to start a new life, Jiwon. It may be hard to forgive your father, but acceptance is also a key to becoming happy. Forgive him and accept him again. Let him become a father to you because he came back for a reason and that reason is for you to stop suffering any longer. Start anew with your family and be happy, okay?"

She nodded. "It might take awhile but I will. Thank you for everything, Chanyeol."

"Thank you for everything too. You actually made me happy whenever I'm with you. I'm actually going to miss your cooking though." He chuckled and he planted a kiss on her forehead for the last time. "I'll pray for Dawon's recovery so that you can be happy again." He smiled warmly. For a moment, he stared at her face for one last time before before leaving the room, wiping away his tears so no one would see him crying.

It's better for them to break up ㅡ for him to give her back to Jimin even if he didn't really take her ㅡ than be together when only one person is loving. It may be painful, but time will come and his heart will be healed from his heart break.

His heart may have shattered into pieces as he left the woman that he loves, but letting her go was the best decision to make for the both of them and for the sake of her recovery and her happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301 20 8
jeon jeongguk's got the biggest crush on his older roommate, park jimin. that is, until he learns something about his roommate that makes him doubt h...
773K 22.9K 54
Park Jimin a very cute, handsome and sexy boy who is very jolly and sensitive. Jeon Jeongguk the hottest playboy of all with his friends Kim Namjoon...
4.2M 238K 48
โœ… "Do you know how many times I've mentally stripped you?" ๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ'๐’ Highest ranks : #1 Jimin #1 bangtan #3 bts #4 fanfiction #1 pjm #2 Jungkook #2...
19.2K 1.9K 23
On his sixteenth Birthday, Just before Christmas Jeon Jungkook And his best friend Kim Taehyung used a fake IDs to get into The Dragon club, A hig...