My Process of Writing a Novel...

By ConradBrubaker

Step by step I show you what to do to finish a story, from the first draft to final edit. You can do it the s... More

Advice for Authors
Dream
Characters
Spaceship
Basic Plot Outline on Mindmap
Define the Story's Setting and Type
Research
Outline
Write First Draft
Read Through and Edit
Read out Loud
Grammarly
Bonus Material
The End

Character Types

35 1 0
By ConradBrubaker

I'll mention how-to-write-a-book-now.com by Glen C. Strathy. External Link at the bottom of chapter. I found much of this parts information on there some time ago.

We'll have Erhard Schreiber "Pursue the Goal" and set him as the Main Character.

Linn Dahl will "Help" him.

The ugly alien could be the Antagonist and avoid or reconsider. But I'll go with "Uncontrolled."

Sudden idea. I'll have another crew member be the Antagonist. The crew member will "Avoid." (The alien will be more "the mystery," something happening in the story rather than the actual Antagonist.)

I use the mindmap outline as a general idea. Sometimes I find it more helpful to change the keyword to something more specific of how the character acts. In this case, I'd write it in the character's bio. He avoids helping the Captain or other crew in any way in the hopes he can end up being the one in charge. Avoiding dying himself, hence avoiding dangerous situations.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 4.9K 71
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
15.2K 487 38
After getting cheated on, Anneeka Badwood wasn't the good girl anymore. No, she's become a bad girl. But what happens when Evansten Paul, a normal gu...
121K 11.8K 35
***WINNER of the "BREATHTAKING: A FANTASY AND SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL WRITING COMPETITION!" "You are a secret kept from the world, but not from me."...