Various【 THE HOBBT】✖️ powerfu...

By SkylarWolf50

You are a shapeshifter very different and more powerful than a skin changer. Though you were friends with a s... More

『11』
『12』
『13』
『14』
『15』
『16』
Not a chapter
I'm back! a/n

7K 177 131
By SkylarWolf50

This story may take a while but bare with me. I'm glad you like the story so far, I'll maybe try to put it on a certain day or days ( ('∀`) ).

To actually give you an idea on what date it would be updated and technically I have no excuse for either I was lazy, cause I'm on summer break.

Woo...I'm a sophomore and now school has gotten significantly harder, yay... .°(ಗдಗ。)°.

Also originally I was gonna say you were the king of the enchanted lands. So now I will say Queen, as that is the correct term for a female leader.

Y/n POV

The door opens and there he was in all his glory. Thorin II Oakinshield, son of Thráin, son of Thrór.

"Gandalf, I thought you said this place would be easy to find. I lost my way, twice." He adds stepping into the hobbit's household, not even bothering to clean off his shoes first.

A brown cape draped over him, an iron ring on his middle finger, and streaks of white running along his hair. 'Man he's gotten old.'

"I might have not founded it at all, if it were t for that mark on the door." He adds once more, while he works to unbutton his cape. As soon as he gotten his cape unbuttoned, Bilbo jumps into the conversation.

"Mark? There is no mark on that door, it was painted a week ago!" Bilbo exclaims getting a tad bit aggravated again and maybe a bit confused. He walks to the side of Gandalf, as soon as Gandalf started to respond, after closing the door.

"There isn't, I c- I put it there myself." Gandalf responds, stuttering as if he almost was trying to find the right words to say. He folded his hands quickly, changing his posture and in the process changing the subject to;

"Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce you to the leader of our company. Thorin Oakenshield."

"So, this is the hobbit. Tell me Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?" Thorin questions, looking amused as if it were a joke to him. He begins to circle him, almost as if to intimidate him.

"Hardly." Was the poor hobbit's answer, he spoke quietly.

"Axe or sword, what's your weapon of choice?"
'Sword, personally though it all depends on the preference of the wielder.'

The rest of the dwarves smirk in the background, knowing exactly what's going on, a test. Though Bilbo was able to hold his ground barely, Bilbo only digs himself a deeper hole with the King under the mountain.

"Well I have some skill at conkers if you must know, but I fail to see why that is relevant." 'Poor, poor Bilbo, I'm embarrassed for him.' The dwarves still smirking, though like Dwalin some ducked their heads towards the ground. Unable to keep a straight face.

"Thought as much, he more looks like a grocer than a burglar." I then put it upon myself to help Bilbo after putting up the hood of my cloak and mask. Chuckling a tad, before stepping in to this interesting conversation. As the few of the dwarves still chuckle, over the joke.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Funny, but I prefer the king of the mountain does not, tease my hobbit." When I glance down at Bilbo, he gives off a light pink hue. At the words my hobbit.

"Who are you?" Thorin said in a stern and cold tone, instantly changing his smiling face to a cold one. The same o'l Thorin a heart of gold but a shell made out of rock. Before I can answer Thorin's pending question, while confused and wary faces from the dwarves sent my way.

Gandalf intervened.

"She is 15th part of the company."

Now this is the time one of the first dwarves to enter this household to step in. Balin.

"This journey is no place for a lady. What would your father say?"

"Oh well he would encourage me, but it's a shame you don't recognize me, Balin."

"And why should we recognize you?" Thorin says once more but with a scowl. Folding his arms, I look down on them and smirk. (As they are shorter than you are. Just imagine, though irl I'm 5ft but just imagine being taller than someone older than you. My fellow short ones!)

As he takes a step forward looking up at me.

I pull of my hood and my mask, gasps sounded throughout before a wide smile took their place.

"Cause I'm a dear friend." Just then I was bombarded with questions, hugs, and pats on the back.

"What are you doing here, Y/n?" Kili questioned, after sharing me a hug.

"Well, I'm here to accompany you, were you not listening to Gandalf?"

Smirks, grins, wide open mouths, and well you named it laid on the dwarves' faces. I smile in returns.

"We knew we could always rely on you to come through."

"Of course!" I was then led to the dinning room, as they insisted me to sit. I run the nape of neck, taking a step forward.

Then bombarded with shouts from the dwarves on where I should sit. Kili and Fili has set up a chair in between the two of them. While Bofur had a seat next to him, closely I might add. On the corner of the table.

Then there was Ori on the far end corner, who blushed profusely. When his brothers tried to get my attention to sit next to him. Lastly, there was Thorin. Sure, he looked uninterested in whether I sat where. Yes, he was laughing along with the others.

Though he was gripping a chair next to him, lightly banging it on the ground. That only I and a few others could hear, under the table. I chuckled at the sight.

Taking my final decision to sit next to Bofur, I'll make it up to the rest though. Once I took a seat next to Bofur, I kissed his cheek. He went from laughing in victory, to becoming silent as he was shocked by my actions.

Sitting next to him was one thing but this made some of the dwarves jealous. Some grumbling including the ones offering a seat next to them, especially. Though Thorin did not make it apparent that he was upset, instead he turned his face away from the company's view.

I then got up once more, getting Bofur out of his dazed state.

"Where you going lass?" Directing all eyes of dwarven kind, on me.

"Oh, I'm going to get Thorin some food. As he might be quite famished from his journey, nonetheless thirsty I presume Thorin?" I say as I glance over all them, before landing on Thorin.

"Y-Yes, thank you." He stutters, I chuckle in response.

"No problem." Turning the corner and going into the pantry. To an area where they can't see me. I can cook pretty well I might add, but since I have no ingredients. I will have to summon some and let magic do the work.

Closing my eyes thinking of the few dishes in mind. As the rest already had their dinner let's treat them with some desserts.

Opening my eyes there they were floating as I had Thorin's bowl of soup with spoon, in my hands. While a plate of cookies, two other pastries, and few pints of beer in front of me. Floating of course.

"But there's none left lass, didn't you see the pantry?" Balin asks concerned, as I hear them get up by the screeching of their chairs.

I walk back to the entry of the dinning room, before they could fully get up.

"Or is there?" I say as I set down Thorin's bowl of soup. Along with the rest of the pastries.

"Do any of you fancy another pint of beer?" A few raised up their hands, including Kili, Fili, Thorin, Bifur, Glóin, and Bombur.

Sitting back down getting thank you's from the dwarves. I could feel a slight grip of a hand, I look down to my waist. A hand and that hands connects to the one and only Bofur. Cute.

I smile but then begin to listen in as they have begun to discuss. As Thorin goes to take his second spoonful of soup. Dwalin asks a question.

"What did the dwarves of the Iron Hill say? Is Dáin with us?"

We look to Thorin for his response, he takes a deep breath. Before speaking, tilting his head down slightly.

"They will not come." This only made the dwarves erupt with sighs and grumbles.

"They say this quest is ours and ours alone." He adds on.

"You're doing a quest?" Bilbo questions. As Thorin takes a gulp of his beer. Before going right back to his food, as I look over to Bilbo.

"Bilbo my dear fellow, let us have a little more light." As he says that Bilbo responds with a hum in agreement, going over not far to get more light.

"Prior to the east, over ranges and rivers, beyond woodlands and wastelands, lies a single solitary peak." Gandalf spoke once more, laying out a small map, showing the Lonely Mountain. With the dragon, Smaug the terrible above it, guarding it currently.

"The Lonely Mountain.."

"Aye, Óin has read the portents and the portents say it is time."

"Ravens have been seen flying back to the mountain, as it was foretold. When the ravens of yore return to Erebor, the reign of the beast will end."

"Uh, what beast?" I look to see Bilbo's face curious for the new information but also a tad bit scared.

"Well, that would be a reference to Smaug the terrible. The chiefest and greatest calamity of our age. Airborne fire breather, teeth like razors, claws like meat hooks, extremely fond of precious metal." He says this with a pipe in his hand, looking towards Bilbo.

"Yes, I know what a dragon is." Bilbo says, fumbling with his fingers.

"I'm not afraid I'm up for it! I'll give him a taste of the Dwarfish iron, right up his jacksie!" Ori says confidently, I laugh at his comment. A smile spreading across my face, when he meets my gaze. I wave my hand is his direction saying "hi."

He stood there frozen, before getting pushed down into his seat by his brother Dori. Scolding his quietly, as his brother Nori tried to congratulate him or pat him on the back for his bravery.

"The task would be difficult enough with an army behind us, but we number just 13." Balin speaks, turning my way.  Nodding towards me, as this speech was for the dwarves.

"And not 13 of the best. Not brightest." Causing a small argument among the dwarves.

"We may be few in number, but we're fighters, to the last Dwarf!" Fili shouts, slapping his hand against the table.

"And you forget, we have a wizard in our company. Gandalf will have killed hundreds of dragons in his time!" He being Kili brings up.

"Oh, well no, I wouldn't say..."

"How many then?" Dori questions, no giving him a chance to tell them the truth.

"What?"

"Well, how many dragons have you killed? Go on, give us a number."

The dwarves then break out into an argument. While I, I couldn't contain my laughter.

"HAHAHAHA!" My laughter caught the attention of the dwarves. I wipe an imaginary tear away from my eyes.

"You think Gandalf had slain a dragon, news flash he hasn't slain no dragon, sorry Kili."

"Well, if so Y/n. How may have you slain?" This turns the eyes on my form, Thorin even looked over.

"I have slain a many dragons in my time, first with my father as a child. The others to prove my worth, or to save people. Though I will say and no offense but Smaug the terrible is quite small."

"Well could you explain them then what did they look like?"

"Well why don't I just show you."

I say as I show them a diagram of each dragon, as filling out the labels.

"I will only name a few as there are more important matters to get to. First an unnamed dragon but I gave it the honor of the name Rudy.

Rudy, is an undead dragon. My father killed it first when he was once a child like me with my grandfather. Though after years of passing Rudy's spirit and corpse remained though a bit broken. It was able to live again, big white misty eyes, teeth like freshly sharped spears, bone like spikes along it's back. Green scaled skin harder than diamonds and bits of rot along its body."

"Airrun, the white one. Scales white as the mist, quick and nonetheless giant. Killed hundreds of men, you dared to kill it. It tunnels beneath the ground, before shoots up to swallow its prey. Jagged teeth sharper than the finest tools, pierce through metal and rock alike. It's scales provide protection and camouflage as its habitat is in the mountains where the air is thin and their is nothing but thick mist."

"Tanya, the Evil.."

(This is an anime (the name Tanya the Evil, the dragon is not from said anime tho. Still it doesn't disappoint it's a war type anime, but with magic. You need to watch it I recommend it 100%)).

A legendary dragon, scales that even a black arrow cannot pierce. Has the power of lightning, able to summon lightning itself to strike you down. Blackened scales, Teeth sharper than swords, claws that could pick up a whole herd. Spikes that run along all around its body for extra protection. Powerful gusts of wind, crated by its big wings.

Though that is only a few. Not all dragons are bad."

I look around the room their mouths were agape, shocked. I deactivate the spell as the diagram of the dragons dissolve.  I then again am bombarded with questions.

"Did you take on these alone?"

"How did you find them?"

"How did you not die?" "Ow..what it's a relevant question..."

"How did you kill them?"

"How long did it take for each?"

I then hid my face hands, out of embarrassment. Before looking up at Thorin as he yelled out to the dwarves something making them listen and quiet down.

"If we read these signs, do you not think others will have read them too?" Thorin says questioning them.

"Rumors have begun to spread, the dragon Smaug has not been seen for 60 years." He continues on, Gandalf looks to me. We both know the answer, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

"Eyes look east to the mountain, assessing, wandering, laying the risk. Perhaps the vast wealth of our people lies unprotected. Do we sit back, while others claim what's rightfully ours? Or do we seize the chance to take back Erebor?!"

Once he shouts that many of the dwarves begin to dwarves stand up. Shouting with him, while a smile graces his lips. I smile at their actions, but my smile turns straight. As I know of what's going to happen in the oh so near future.

-//-

Hope you guys enjoyed it! I made sure to make it extra long for all of you!

Extended
2492 words

Regular
Around 1000 words

What dwarf is your favorite?

Mine personally is Bofur, he needs more love. At first I liked Kili, then I started to sway away when he had Tauriel. Fili is cute too, but I prefer Bofur. Though will let you all have moments some of the dwarves.

Just not the married ones already, I can't do that to them.

Also since this is Varous Hobbit x reader. Dwarves won't be the only thing falling for you, so just wait and see bye! (*'꒳'*)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5K 91
Miranda has grown up on earth with her parents in their cabin home in the woods. Her mother works surrounded by nature and her father is a businessma...
133K 4.4K 16
A reader/smaug fanfic. You are captured by the one and only, Smaug. As a skin changer of a phoniex, you are able to fight with his flames, but his si...
653K 12.7K 30
"You are mine, you understand? Mine and no one else's. Shall I remind you? ," he growled into my ear. By then, he had my back pressed up against t...
14.2K 227 8
What if the White Witch had a little sister? What if she was immortal but had the power to become younger and older? She could also die if someone ki...