Back to the Clubroom {Monika...

By SDeoNite

Book 2- A new club, a new beginning! Continue our lives in high school as we expand this club, facing very no... More

Okie Dokie here we go again!
Welcome back
Nice to Meet You!
Searching
A Bet
Let's go home together
Familiar
Arcade Brigade
Game Room
Vr Smash
A fragment of a Memory
!101 110010 110010 101111 110010!
Instead of Rivals, How About Friends?
The Student Council
Rainy Day Out
Sick Day Off
Gather and Rally
A Love Embargo
Centeral Convection
Boku no Kokuhaku
Confessions and Cooking
Select Your Character
The Battle Begins
Search and Rescue
The Better Version
Just A Puppet
Frenemies
Good Game Well Played
You Are Most Welcomed
It's About Time You Did This
The Moon is Beautiful, Isn't It?
chapteR34
Always Have Each Other
Hasty Preparations
A Club Sleepover!
A Problem-less Morning
Reopening Rifts
Hard to Forget, Hard to Remember
Calm Before
Cuts
Bruises
Thoughts
How Are They?
Mask
My Demon Spawn
Let's Go Home Together: Redux
|This|Wonderful|New_World|
Daughter of a Bastard
❀️ Persecuted Princess ❀️
Awkward Introvert
πŸ’œ Shrinking Violet πŸ’œ
The Silent Weeper
Revelations
🧑 Darkened Sunshine 🧑
The School Festival
πŸ–€ Cursed Prince πŸ–€
Deletion Temptations
πŸ’› Maiden's Lover πŸ’™
πŸ’š Emerald Witch πŸ’š
Faced with Reality
Epilogue: Reality For Eternity
[A/N] So Guys, We Did It...

Jealousy

1.2K 33 42
By SDeoNite

"Hey (Y/N)!" Monika went over to me. It was lunch break and I was eating a sandwich I bought from the cafeteria in the classroom. "Hey that looks good~" She tears a part of it and ate.

"Monika... You could have ask me for some first?" I sighed. She only laughed.

"Anyway listen, me and Natalie were..." We began talking.

~Meanwhile in the background~

"Y'know, you see those two together very often now." A female stares at the both of them. "What do you think is up with them?

"Heard Monika joined his club so it's probably just about that." A guy brushed it off.

"Still, they seem close. She's from another class and she always hangs out here since then... Saw them going home together too." She has a mischievous look towards him.

"Are you trying to annoy me or something?" He groaned.

"I'm just joking" She laughed. "But still, you need to hurry up or else someone might snatch her."

"Tch, everything's fine..." it's true that I've expected some other guys to have their sights on Monika, she's cheerful and nice to everyone...

But I never saw that (Y/N) coming...

"What are you gonna do about it, MC?" She asked.

~Back to you~

"Hey Monika!." Her classmate called out to her from the hall.

"Yes?" Monika went towards them. "I'll see you later (Y/N)!" She smiled and waved at me.

I put the packaging of the sandwich away and looked at Monika as she left until the wall inevitably got her out of my sight. There's still something about her that I can't shake the feeling off.

"Someone's popular." Someone leaned on the wall besides me.

"Hm?"

"Monika, I mean..." He looked at me with an expressionless face.

"Oh yea, she really is..." I softly chuckled. This guy, his name was Markus Chase, i think. My classmates usually call him MC.

"So, (Y/N)..." He started again. "You two are getting close lately haven't you?" I could sense a bit of anger in his words.

I almost choked on the remaining parts of the sandwich in my mouth.

"Are you two going out?"

There is the question I feared.

"Uh No! It's not anything like that!" I panicked. "We are just clubmates and all! Our club is in tough times so were trying to fix it!"

He sighed. "Yea, I guess you're right." He looked out the window, I saw a small smile he almost let out. "I mean, you two are nothing alike. You look like gloomy and dull otaku and she's... Monika!" chuckled.

Oof ok.

What's with the condescending attitude? Did i make him mad? Oh wait, maybe... "Do you perhaps, like Monika then?" I asked nonchalantly.

My question catches him off guard and he flinches. "Huh? I uhm..." He starts to blush. Ok I am no longer intimidated.

"So what?.. What if I do?" He pouted, looked away and blushed.

"Oh shit, it's that why I notice you glare at me sometimes?" I got a realization. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know you like Monika!" I said the last one a bit too loud.

        Some actually turned over to us, he placed his hands on my mouth. "DUDEE, keep it down!"

       "Oh yea, sorry.." He got off me and I sighed. "Me and Monika are just friends, or at least I think so. She has nothing to gain with being with, as you call it, a dull and gloomy otaku. I'm really just a shut in, good for nothing-"

       "Woah dude! I didn't meant to get you down!" He starts worrying. "I'm sorry I was just carried away by jeal- err yea I'm sorry." He apologized.

        "Well anyway, She really likes literature so maybe since I used to be the prez she's being nice to me, but that's all to it. Believe me."

      "Well in that case." He stopped leaning and stood straight. "I'm going to ask Monika out, Alright?"

      "W-why are you checking in with me about that?"

      "Eh, no reason." He then left back to his seat.

       Wanting to go out with Monika, huh.... Well that's for her to decide, not me. It's not like I'm related to her, or even dating her even. Wait no, don't think about that!  Besides, Markus doesn't seem like a bad person from what I've noticed.

        At the end of the school we headed out, Monika was walking beside me, we were heading to the club, we have the same club so that's why she's with me. we've been walking home together too since we usually end up being last to go from the club. But it's only because we have the same route to our houses, and maybe extroverts need a companion refill or they die or something, so yea she's just forced to be with me! But I guess those who don't know get the wrong idea.

        "Hey (Y/N), guess what! I know someone that might be willing to join the club." She came closer and reached for my arm. Before she could I avoided it and walked in front of her. Sorry, but if you're that clingy it'll just cause rumors.

        "H-hey, are you avoiding me?" She asked worriedly.

         "Ah no, it's just.." I couldn't think of an excuse.

        She got to my pace and pulled me. "Seriously! Did I do something wrong??" She started to panic.

       "N-not at all!" I look behind her and see Markus, oh god he's glaring again. I push her a bit and it just made her even more worried.

       "Hey Monika." Markus finally called out and stopped her pursuit of me.

     "I want to talk to you before I go home, you got a moment?"

     "Eh, but I still have clu-" I cut her off.

     "Monika," I patted her shoulder. "I'll take care of the club, you can have a chat with Markus." I started to go towards the club.

     "But-" She tried to reason. But I just smile and nod at her. "O-okay."

     I head to the club and only Zane and Natalie were there. I sit on my usual and just sat down, still attempting to write a poem. But honestly I  could not think of anything but those two.

     If Monika does accept, and they start going out. Well she's not gonna be walking home with me, but since we always head home at the same time it would be so awkward. I would be a third wheel. Well I could just go home earlier or later.

       If they start going out, Markus might join this club! Yea, and then he could end up reeling in so much more members! I see this as an absolute win!

       That... did not cheer me up.

      No, why am I worrying? What the hell gives me the right to be jealous at all? We barely talked when we were on the same class last year and she joined the club only recently so It's pretty much like we've only known each other for a few weeks. There is nothing between us!

     My chest feels tight, and I feel like an anime girl attracted to a harem protagonist.

      "(Y/N)" I hear someone call out, it was Monika. When did she come back? "We need to talk." The expression on her face was very serious.

     My mind is going everywhere, what is she gonna tell me? "I'm dating Mc now so please leave this club cause you suck."

       We were at a different hallway now, most students have left so privacy was guaranteed. Will what she say be so terrible(for me) that she gave me the mercy to not have anyone know?

        She opened her mouth and I braced myself.

        "Did you seriously say that stuff?!" Her brows were crossed and she glared at me. "That we wouldn't make a good match and I was just being nice to you?!"

         ".................Huh? But what about Mark-"

         "Forget about MC for now!" She yelled again. "Did you say it, (Y/N)? Did you say it?!"

   I look at her enraged face, this was the first time I've ever seen her like this... It was scary. I looked down and sighed. "I... did."

     "Is...is that what you thought this whole time?" Her voice softened. "Have you been suffering when I'm with you because of that?"

       "..No!" I lowered my head. "Markus said I was dull and gloomy, I though maybe... I was dragging your reputation down, Or being a nuisance to you or something. I didn't want people to start scorning you because of-"

      I look up at her and she's crying.

       Oh no I made her cry, oh god what do I do? Honestly I want to cry to.

      "Why?" She spoke.

        "Why do you care about my reputation!? Who cares about what they think! Don't just assume stuff and decide to go with it!...

        Don't ever say things like that, you dummy..." she wiped her tears from her cheeks but more came flowing down.

        "I'm sorry..." I went closer to her.

        She collapsed into me and hugged. She continued crying and I hugged back.

Longest chapter yet. School's back tomorrow and I wrote all of this to ignore the anxiety lol

    *Boop*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 700 60
A book with oneshots and scenarios regarding the characters from Doki Doki Literature Club (shockingly) * * * DDLC belongs to Team Salvato, which yo...
11.5K 399 13
Hello! My name is (L/N), (F/N). Feel free to call me (F/N) though! I live with my twin brother, (L/N), MC. I'm apart for the Literature Club, I was i...
1.3K 35 25
Β° Synopsis: Living in a world where the dead are rising and spreading their restless thirst for flesh like a wild fire, shattering relations, levelin...
399K 5.7K 51
Book 1-Modding your game just to hang out with the virtual girl of your dreams really has its consequences doesn't it? {Warning:Contains some disturb...