AS THE DEAD RISES: Book 1 & 2...

By boredpotato16

When humans become zombies and the world starts to crumble. It is when a group of teenagers acted as one to p... More

Disclaimer
These...People
Leave Now
Left Her To Die
Wrong Place
We'll Keep What's Ours
Their Fault
Everybody Makes Mistakes
Sometimes
Search and Rescue
Rebound
That's The Issue
A Nobody
Just...Be Careful
Something Bad
Only Way Out
Tell Me Everything From The Start
Isn't This Romantic?
Psycho Bitch
Let All Of It Sink In
Good Guys Die First
Karma Did It For Me {Book 1 Finale}
Character Updates (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
BOOK 2 AHEAD!
Everything's Going To Be Fine Someday
Die With The Others
Strangers
Escape
Never Go Away
Really Sorry
Lose You
Monster
Cursed
Only One I Have
No
This Isn't So Bad
I Like Him
Fuck Up
Medic
Hunt
Forget
Yes
Unfaze
Characters Left (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
BOOK 3 AHEADDDD

Someone's Coming

718 31 0
By boredpotato16

Tom's POV

It has been 5 months since the outbreak started and 4 months since we lived here in the camp. Our camp that we used to love, is now a place full of hatred. I remember the day this camp went under the rule of those cruel people who took it from us and now orders us around.

---FLASHBACK---

It's been a week since we went back here in the camp. A couple of days ago, James appeared outside of our gate and told us he recieved Axel's letter. I was confused on how he read that paper when it was with Troy all along and Axel didn't have the direction to the camp when he was writing that letter. That's right, I asked Troy to get it from the book that Axel placed it in to know where they were going. I felt like there's something wrong. Just the fact that he is really keen in knowing how the camp works and he carries a walkie talkie around is suspicious but we gave him the benefit of the doubt since he was Axel's bestfriend. Now, he is resting up in his room and Lacy and I was helping the others in building a cabin. While we were busy working we suddenly heard Courtney's shout.

"There is someone outside!" Courtney shouted. "He's alone with just a bow and arrows."

"Let him in!" I shouted.

The gate revealed Axel and he quickly ran towards me and hugged me.

"I missed you" he said.

"I missed you too" I said and kissed him.

"Get a room!" Sky shouted.

"Hi!" Axel greeted her. "Hi everyone!"

"Hey" Shauna greeted with a smile.

"Who is he, Tom?" Noah asked.

"He's Axel" I said putting my arm around his waist. "My boyfriend."

"Woah, didn't know you swing that way" Ryuki said with a smile.

"Stop it, Ryuki" Sky said and slapped his arms.

"Ow, that hurts." He just said while rubbing his hurt arm.

"So that is Sky, Ryuki, Ash and I think you already know Lacy, Shauna and Troy" I said introducing each one of them. "We're currently building a cabin for other survivors. But Shauna, Troy and Justin would go out to scavenge later."

"Oh, that's great." He said smiling. "Am I bothering you?"

"No not at all, go tour him around, Tom" Lacy said smiling.

I just nodded and toured Axel around.

"Where are the others?" I asked Axel while walking around.

"They didn't want to come" he said frowning. "They're busy playing with the kids."

"Kids?" I asked. "When did you have kids with you?"

"They are my grandma's neighbors kid but you see, the family left the kids in that house and locked them in so that the dead won't get them but now their parents are nowhere to be seen" he said. "We tried looking for them but we didn't see them at all."

"Oh, so are you going to tell me where you are staying now?" I asked even though I know where it is.

"Um...I can't." He said. "We already talked about this. I don't want you to be in danger that's why I didn't want to tell you. Plus, it is 2 hours away from here."

"You drove for 2 hours just to see me?" I asked surprised I just know where that location written on the paper is but I didn't know that it was that far.

"Kinda" he said shyly.

"Come here" I said as I motioned him to come closer.

I hugged him tight and kissed him.

"Maybe it's time for me to come with you" I said. "The camp can now stand by itself."

"Well, we can do that" he said smiling.

"By the way, James arrived here a few days ago." I said.

"Really?!" He asked with excitement. "Where is he?"

"He's resting in that cabin" I said as I pointed to the fourth one.

"Can I see him though?" He asked as if asking me if I will allow him.

"Yeah." I said while patting his head.

"I'm not a dog you know" he said with a pout.

I laughed, "I know. I'll just go back to Lacy and the others."

"Okay" he said as he walked towards the room.

I walked back to the group and continued working with the cabin. After an hour we decided to rest up for a few hours since we were working for 5 hours straight. I looked around the camp and I can say that it has improved a lot. It wasn't as small as it was a 3 months ago. Everything has changed and it is good. Before, this place was just a simple cabin and a medical tent but now, we managed to build more cabins, armory, and we had our own poultry. We were scavenging one day and saw an abandoned poultry farm nearby and we decided to check it out thus, the chickens. We also managed to build a big wall to protect us from the dead and we got to expand to make our camp bigger.

"C'mon let's eat!" Sky shouted as she brought out our food, fried chicken.

"That looks so gooooodddd" Ryuki said as his childish nature started to reappear.

"Hey! Hands off, Ryuki!" Sky warned as Ryuki was about to grab one of it.

Everyone gathered around the table and I noticed that Axel and James was not here. I tried searching for them but I couldn't find them.

"Hey, have you seen Axel?" I asked Courtney since she was on guard.

"No, I haven't seen him" she answered. "Why, couldn't find him?"

"Yeah. Thanks by the way" I said as I went back to looking for Axel.

I decided to just check James' room to see if they were there. I slowly opened the door and I saw that there was no one there. I checked everywhere but the both of them were nowhere to be seen. As I sat down the table, I heard someone talking. I followed the voice and I saw the radio James' was always bringing around.

"James, are you in position? We would destroy this wall in 1 minute" the man said from the radio.

I was confused on what he was talking about but I need to stay quiet to know what else this man will say.

"In seconds, this place will be ours!" The man said followed by a loud laugh. "49...48...47...46"

As I was about to grab the radio, somebody came in the room.

"Tom, what are you doing here?" James coldly asked.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?" I angrily said. "Why were you here in the first place?! Huh?!"

He remained silent looking back and forth from me to the radio.

"36...35...34" the man on the radio counted.

"See, you can't even answer a simple question!" I angrily said. "Now, you have to get out of my way before I attack you."

"I can't." He finally said. "They'll kill Axel."

I looked at him in confusion.

"They were the ones that attacked you back in the library" he said. "They caught me as I was trying to climb up to check if you were still there."

"Wait, what? The one that attacked us?" I asked in shock.

"Yes" he said. "If this plan fails, they'll kill Axel and I."

"17...16...15..."

"I'm sorry but no" I said as I kicked him in the groin.

I ran for the door and I saw them still eating.

"SOMEONE'S COMING!" Courtney shouted from the guard post we built which oversees the happenings outside of the gate.

She hurriedly stepped down the ladder and ran towards Sky and the others.

"10...9...8..."

"GET OUT OF THERE!" I shouted.

They all seem to hear it and they started running towards the armory.

"Get everything that you can hold and run for the truck!" I shouted on top of my lungs.

"What's happening?" Sky asked.

"I'll explain later." I said. "Just go!"

"2...1"

And grenades where thrown inside the camp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 5.4K 92
|πŸ‘π± 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃| In this touching coming of age drama, π’π€πŒπ”π„π‹ goes through life in search of answers that no one can supply him with. Wh...
71.7K 3.9K 16
[BXB] Two boys, an ice cream store and a summer to fall in love. ✩✩✩ Outgoing Tanner makes it a mission to befriend his reserved coworker Austin over...
17.1K 775 21
After a virus outbreak brings death to millions and the streets become dangerously filled with zombies, walls were built. Chaos ensued and fallen cit...
57K 1.7K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...