Thunder

By kyleemuy

Kyleigh Everson's life is changed completely when she wakes up in the hospital and discovers that she was str... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Authors Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Kyleigh's Outfit/Authors Note
Chapter 11
Author's Note
Chapter 12
Authors Note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Thank You/Author's Note
Chapter 16
Does this mean I have a fandom now?
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Sequel

Chapter 5

5.8K 337 103
By kyleemuy

I walk down the hall towards the library. It's Friday, the last day of school. Before I reach the library, I see Caitlyn at her locker.

"Caitlyn!" I call to get her attention as I walk over to her.

"Hey," she greets me.

"Guess what?"

"What?" Caitlyn asks.

I quickly check to make sure no one is around to hear me before I whisper to her, "I discovered that I can fly yesterday!"

"Really?" she asks in awe.

I nod my head in response. Every day after school, I have been going back out to the cornfield and trying to figure out what things I'm able to do. I've discovered that I can create lightning in my hands and direct it at a target, though I don't have a very good aim yet. I can run at super fast speeds, make gusts of wind, and I can unintentionally create storms when I'm really angry. As of yesterday, I know that I can also fly, but not very well. I only made it a couple feet in the air and then fell hard on my left shoulder.

"Yeah," I say. "I'm terrible at it, though. I bruised my left shoulder."

The school day zooms by and before I know it, the bell rings at 1 o'clock, signaling the end of my sophomore year. I walk towards the front door of the building with Caitlyn.

"Are you going back to the cornfield again tonight?" Caitlyn asks me.

"Yeah," I respond. "Do you want to come today?"

Before she can give an answer, a voice behind us calls out, "Caitlyn! Kyleigh!"

Looking back, I see Kathryn, my tall friend with long, straight, light brown hair. She runs towards us and begins walking by my side. "Do you guys want to come over today?"

"Uh," I look at Caitlyn and she is looking back at me, waiting for my answer. "Sure, but not right away. I've got a few things to do first."

"Oh, okay," she smiles. "Great! I'm stopping by the bakery on my way home."

"Pick up a cupcake for me!" Caitlyn says excitedly.

"Okay," Kathryn laughs, "I'll get cupcakes for all of us!"

"Yay!" Caitlyn exclaims.

"Well, I'll see you guys at my house, then," Kathryn says as she begins to walk away.

"See you later," I say.

When I get home, I notice a moving truck in the driveway of the white house neighboring my own. Curious, I drop my school bag off inside and then walk over to meet my new neighbors.

A tall, dark haired man, probably in his 20's, walks into the house. I hear noise from the truck and I find a boy with messy blonde hair stepping out of the vehicle holding three boxes balanced on top of each other. As he steps onto the driveway, the top box falls off and lands upside down on the concrete. I walk over and bend down to pick it up for him.

When he realizes I'm there, he looks at me, and I notice that he has bright blue eyes. "Um..." I say as I stand back up, holding the box. "I, uh, I think you dropped this." We stare at each other for a moment, and when he doesn't say anything, I start talking again. "I'm, uh... I live right there in the dark green house." I point in the direction of my home. "And... um, I saw the moving truck, so I decided to see who my new neighbors were."

He nods his head slightly, but still doesn't say anything.

"But, um, I'm kinda awkward when it comes to meeting people..." I don't really know why I keep rambling on to him, but I do. "So I, um... The fact that you're not talking at all isn't helping."

He smiles. "I'm sorry, I was just finding your stuttering kind of amusing."

Amusing??

"Oh, good. You do talk," I say, relieved. "I was almost under the impression that you were mute... or deaf... or something."

He chuckles. "That would've been awkward. What is your name?"

"Kyleigh." I answer. "Kyleigh Everson."

"I'm Ryan Roberts."

"Nice to meet you," I say as the front door opens and the dark haired man comes outside again.

"Oh," Ryan says, acknowledging the man. "That's my brother, Andrew."

His brother comes towards us. "Hello."

"Hi, I'm Kyleigh."

"Andrew Roberts. Pleasure to meet you." He extends his hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, too," I reply, shifting the box over to my left arm so I can shake his hand.

Andrew walks back into the truck to carry more things inside.

"Uh, would you like me to help you unload?" I ask Ryan.

"Sure," he answers. "If you'd like to."

For the next ten minutes or so, I help carry things out of the trucks and into the house. My cell phone vibrates in my pocket, the ringtone still turned off from when I was at school. I pull it out to see who is calling. The lit up screen reads Caitlyn Parker and has a picture of my best friend making a dorky face. I press the button to answer the call and hold the phone up to my ear.

"Oh, hey," I say into the receiver. "I'm sorry. I forgot to call right away. I got distracted."

"That's fine," Caitlyn replies. "It hasn't really been that long anyway."

"Oh, well, I'll be over in a little bit, okay?"

"Okay. See you in a bit."

"Yep. Bye." I end the call and return the cellphone to my pocket. "Ryan," I call to get his attention. "I have to, um... I have somewhere to be."

"Alright," he replies. "Thanks for helping."

"No problem," I say as I turn away to leave.

"Wait," he says. I turn back around to face Ryan. "Um... I don't really know this place at all, and you're the only person I know around here... so would you like to show me around sometime?"

"Yeah," I smile. "Sure, I'd love to."

He smiles back. "Great. Well, I guess I'll catch you later then."

"Yeah, bye," I say. "See you later." I turn to leave once again and walk back home. When I reach the front door, I glance back over and catch one more glimpse of Ryan as he walks through the door with his hands full. I go inside and let my parents know that I'm going to Caitlyn's for awhile. Then I leave and walk the two blocks to my friend's house.

Caitlyn is waiting outside on her porch, texting someone on her phone.

"Hey," I shout to her. She looks up from the phone in her hands and stands when she sees me. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," she answers as she walks towards me. We begin walking down the street, heading to the corn field. "So, what held you up anyway?" she asks.

"My new neighbors just moved in. I went over to say 'hello' to them."

"Oh, cool," Caitlyn comments.

"Yeah..." I say. "I think I might have a crush."

"Really? On your neighbor?"

I nod my head in slight embarrassment. "His name is Ryan, and..." I'm interrupted by Caitlyn's phone ringing, playing a cheery tune.

"It's Kathryn," Caitlyn informs me. "I bet she is asking what cupcake I want or something." She answers the call. "Hello?"

I can't hear Kathryn through the phone, but I can tell what she saying isn't good by the way Caitlyn's smile fades and worry covers her face.

"What?" she says into the phone. "Are you serious?... Oh, no... You called 911, right?... The firefighters will be there soon... Be careful!" Caitlyn grabs my arm and starts running in the other direction, pulling me back to her house. I keep up with her pace easily. "Kathryn, stay away from the door... I'm coming. I'll be there when you're out. Just be careful, they'll be there soon... I'm scared, too."

When Caitlyn finally ends the call, we are back in her front yard.

Freaking out over what Caitlyn said during the phone call, I say, "Caitlyn, you said firefighters. What the heck is going on?!"

Caitlyn looks straight at me and answers my question. "The bakery is on fire. Kathryn is trapped in the bathroom."

-------------------------------

Hello everybody!!! Two weeks have come and gone again and here is another update for my story! I hope you enjoyed it and if you do, feel free to vote.

My update schedule is going to be thrown off a bit this month. I think I'm going to try to update next week but then I won't be updating again until probably Halloween weekend. This is because I am going to be visiting a friend in a couple weeks and then the week after that is my birthday so I don't want to have to worry about wattpad then. I'll get back to updating every other week after that.

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend because she just celebrated her birthday yesterday! So happy birthday!!!

I'll give you another update in a week, so talk to you guys then! Bye!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 386 86
It was just another peaceful night at the tree house after an ordinary hectic day, stargazing and slowly falling into the realms of weird dreams when...
258 11 52
a bunch of teenagers with superpowers are on the run from scientists, their powers are ruining their lives and everything is falling apart, but that'...
22.3K 422 26
Bella lives with her older and twin brother. Her father is in the navy and is overseas, which means that Jace has to take care of his sister and brot...
6.9K 1.1K 79
One hundred years ago, war threatened the existence of humanity. One man's actions might bring it back. During WWV, battles weren't won with bombs, b...