Thirteen Letters (One Directi...

By CreativeKat

I didn't know why this was necessary, or why I went along with it. I didn't know who was getting them, but th... More

Prologue
A New Day, A New Beginning
Catastrophe...or should I say CATastrophe?
Remember When It Was Just A Kiss Goodnight?

Letter Number One

330 10 9
By CreativeKat

Taylor POV-

Journal Entry #1 

Monday, August 12, 2013

I was in English class today, and we were given the assignment to have a pen pal. Except, our teacher decided to give the addresses she wanted us to use, instead of actually letting us find our own pen pal. I am writing this to you from under the willow tree at the park. Our teacher, Ms. Donavan, each handed us a piece of paper with a address on it. My letters would be going to some place in London, England. A small part of me is excited to start this assignment, while another part of me wants to just accept an "F" for it. Ms. Donavan said to write at least one letter each month, for as long as we'd like, but five months is mandatory. We have to send our first letter before the end of this week, which would be August 17, 2013. I plan on writing my letter tomorrow during break, and sending it after school. Nothing really interesting, or important happened today, other than the pen pal assignment.

~Tay <3

I closed my journal and got up from my spot under the willow. I thought that I should probably go back to the apartment now, the one that my best friends and I own here in London. We moved here just a little over a year ago to start over. I started heading towards our little apartment that I shared with Eleanor and Selena. When I got to our apartment, Elle was watching TV. Selena wasn't there, so I was guessing she was still at work.

"Where were you Tay?"

"The willow tree, where else Elle?"

"I know, I got lonely, Selena is still at work and you were gone for a good hour."

"I'm sorry Elle. Anything new happen while I was gone?"

"Not really. What do you think about the pen pal assignment thingy Ms. Donavan gave us to do?"

"I think it's cool, but I wish I had an address from somewhere other than London, you know?"

"You have a London address? I got an address in the US."

"Lucky. What state?"

"Um, I think it's California."

"LUCKY! I want to go there some day."

"Me too. When are you planning on sending your letter?"

"Maybe tomorrow? You?"

"Friday. I don't feel like writing the letter today. Too much to do."

"Oh, Elley. When aren't you complaining that we have too much to do?"

"Almost never. Do you think Selena will be back soon?"

"Yeah, she should have coffee or something for us too."

"Oooh, food!"

"You and your food. I'm going to start the letter now. Do you want me to work on it out here with you, or can I work on it in the kitchen or something?"

"Stay here with me! Please!"

"Okay, okay, I'll stay here with you."

"Thank you Taylor! I Love You!"

"By Avril Lavigne?"

"No, not the song, I was actually saying that."

"Oh, I love you too."

I smiled at Elle who smiled back. I went to our spare room, which was across the one I shared with Selena and Elle, to get some paper so I could start writing my letter. Once I had gotten paper, I walked back out into the living room area and sat down near the window. Once I was all settled down, the door opened and Selena walked in with three cups of coffee in her hands. Elle immediately got up and took the coffee from Selena and gave a cup to me. She put another cup on the table in front of her and started drinking the cup she had.

"Thank you Selena!"

"Anytime Elle! Oh, and guess what!"

"WHAT?!?!?"

"You remember that one person you guys thought liked me?"

"That Joeal person? Yeah, why?"

"Well, I saw him at work today, and now we have a date for Friday!"

"Really?! You're so lucky Selena."

"I can't wait! Oh, and are you guys excited about the assignment Ms. Donavan gave us?"

"I know Tay is, I am looking forward to failing it as you both know that I cannot write a letter."

"Don't say that Elle! I can help you! And I'm pretty sure Selena will too."

"Thanks Taylor. So, Selena, sit down and tell us about what happened at work. As I don't have a job and Taylor is still looking for one."

"Okay, just let me get changed into something more comfortable and then I'll come back out and tell you guys all about my day. Sound good?"

"Yes! Hurry back!"

I smiled at my two best friends who were just as dotty as I was. I focused back on my paper and thought about what to write. I wrote the date of tomorrow in the top right-hand corner and on the next line down I wrote "Dear Whoever Is Reading This,". I didn't know what to write because I didn't know who was going to receive my letter. I sighed and took a drink of my coffee that Selena had brought us. I looked toward our bedroom door and Selena was just coming out wearing a pair of denim short shorts and a red and white striped shirt.

"SELENA!!!!!!!!!!"

"ELLEY!!!!!!!!!!"

"Come watch with me! And your coffee is getting cold."

"Okay, what's on?"

"I don't know. I've been watching commercials the whole time it took you to change."

"Do we have Mean Girls?"

"Yeah, I'll put it on."

I watched Elle get the movie and put it in our DVD player. I got up from my spot by the window and sat on the floor in front of the telly. Selena passed all of the previews and went to the main menu to push play. As soon as Selena had pushed play, I got up to get a snack and my pillow. Once I came back, I found Elle sitting on Selena's lap eating popcorn with her coffee.

"Are you comfortable now?"

"Yes, Selly is very comfortable, and soft."

"Do you like the taste of your coffee and the popcorn together?"

"It's okay, could be better."

"You're so weird sometimes Elley."

"You are too, but you can get really out of hand."

"I know. Shhh, the movie's starting!"

I sat back down in my seat on the floor and stared at the television. It was 16°C, but I was cold, as Selena never let us turn the heat on, unless it was in the winter. I grabbed the nearest blanket and covered myself up, and took a sip of my warm coffee. Once the movie was over, I went back to my letter, even though it was 5:30 P.M.. I started thinking about what I should write to the address, and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get any letters back. Just as I was about to start writing my letter, Selena and Elle came out of the bedroom arguing over who looked like who.

"Tay, doesn't Selena look like Avril Lavigne?"

"I do not! Tell Elle, that I don't!"

"Well, Selena, you sort of look like her, and Elle, you remind me of that one girl from the movie Nancy Drew...what was her name again?"

"Emma Roberts?"

"Yeah, that one! Now please stop arguing?"

"Fine, I'm sorry Eleanor."

"Me too Selly."

"How do I love you guys so much?"

"Cause we're likable, and we're adorable."

"Nice try Elle. I'm not buying it at all."

"But, Selena!! Taylor agrees with me, don't you?"

"Yes! Selly, why do you have to ruin everything?"

"I do not! Work on your letter or something!"

"Okay."

I stopped paying attention to them arguing and focused on my letter. I started writing the letter I would be sending tomorrow:

                                                                                                                                                   August 13, 2012 

Dear Whoever is Reading This,

Hi! I'm writing to you from London, which doesn't seem that much exciting, but I am. I'm writing to you because I'm supposed to and I want to. Please write back? As I need this for a grade for class, my last year and I don't want to leave with a bad impression, right? Well, how are you? I'm doing great, a little bored, and looking for a job. Do you have any ideas? Since this is my first letter to you, it might not be long or as good as my other letters that I write. As I get to know you, I'll write bigger letters, filled with better detail. I think that's really it about me, what about you? 

Who do you live with? (I already know you live in London by the address.) Where do you work, if you have a job? Oh, and what's your name? How old are you? (I'm sixteen.) I think that's enough questions for now, write back soon!

                                                                                                                      ~Tay <3

I was satisfied with what I had, and I left it there with the pen I used to write it. I had to get an envelope so I could send it in the mail tomorrow. When I walked back out to the living room area with the envelope in my hands, I saw Eleanor and Selena both working on their letter assignments.

"Whoa, wait. Is the Eleanor Sandrini actually working on an assignment way before it's due?"

"Aren't you proud of me Taylor? Selena said she would help me write it."

"Who are you, and what have you done with Eleanor Annee Sandrini?"

"It's still me Taylor Marie Lockhart. Do I get a cupcake now?"

"Sure! I'll make them now. And I'm only making them because you are actually doing your homework early. And way before it is actually due."

"YES!"

I shook my head and laughed. I put the envelope by my letter and walked into the kitchen to start making the cupcakes. I got out the ingredients, a bowl, a spatula, and the pan. I mixed the ingredients together and put the pan in the oven. I left the kitchen and went to put my letter inside the envelope. I had finished my letter early, and I planned on putting it in the mail tomorrow morning on my way to school. I sealed the letter with tape and a sticker, because I hated the taste of the adhesive. Once the envelope was sealed, I put it into my bag and checked on the cupcakes. The timer went off and I took them out of the oven. I left them to cool off so I could put the icing on them later; Eleanor never liked her icing melted.

When I went back into the living room, Elle was watching the movie Sleepover. Selena was with her and she looked hungry. I went to join them and sat on my spot on the floor.

"What's for dinner?"

"I don't know. What do you want Selena?"

"PIZZA!"

"You always want pizza Elley."

"Actually, that doesn't sound to bad right now. Can we get pizza Tay?"

"Sure. You call though."

Selena nodded and left to get her phone. I heard her talking and she came back after about three minutes. She gave us a thumbs up, signaling that she had ordered and it was on the way. I remembered that I had to put icing on the cupcakes I made earlier. I got up and went back into the kitchen to put the icing on the cupcakes. I found the vanilla icing and started to put it on the cupcakes. Once I had finished putting the icing on the cupcakes, I put them on a serving plate and brought them out to the living room. The pizza was already there, and I guess I didn't hear the doorbell ring because I was too focused on icing the cupcakes.

Eleanor had restarted the movie and we sat down to watch it while eating our pizza. Once we finished eating the pizza, we ate our cupcakes that I had made. I made lemon cupcakes with a nice thick vanilla icing, and sprinkled a little bit of yellow sprinkles on top. Elle and Selena were both enjoying them and so was I. About half way through the movie, Eleanor went to take a shower and go to bed. Selena went to take her shower after Elle was done. I was the only one left in the living room, and I fell asleep on the floor.

A/N:

Okay! So I finally uploaded! And I promise I will try to upload every other week. I have school and homework and three other stories to work on...man I sound busy. Oh well. Hope you enjoyed it so far! The next chapter will be much better, as I rushed a little bit at the end. And thank you to bluefire45 for reminding me to upload! Thank You! Anyway, two votes for the next chapter! :)

Continue Reading